unanun

Child is born, with a heart of gold
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Genres
I'm wary of magic with lots of rules.

This thread is for planning and discussing the ongoing story.

Please take jokes, fan work and chatting to the Ilium Lounge.

Spam will be deleted.

The GMs for Ilium are @unanun @Jack Shade @Diana

Your DMs for regional purposes are @Peregrine (Viridos), and @fatalrendezvous (Pegulis).

This roleplay was the original brainchild of @Quill, a member who left Iwaku due to real life commitments last year. She first developed the story with some help from Asmodeus, who refined Quill's massive ideas into the themes of the Red, Blue and Green nations. It was then run as a roleplay... twice... before Tegan entered with some fresh ideas that took the story to a whole new level.

What we have in the end is a Mass Roleplay that is one-third Brain Dump, one-third Meta-Concept, and one-third Ingenuity. A fusion of three very different creative forces.

With Asmodeus' and Tegan's departure, Unanun and Jack will distill ilium's massive ideas once again, and continue with the core of her spirit in a massRP setting to its conclusion.

We hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
Chapter 6 is an interlude.

- You are encouraged to post once

- Use that post, and collaborate with your co-authors (here or elsewhere as appropriate) to wrap up existing story lines.

- All three chapter openings, and @Jack Shade 's coming post, are very obviously pointing towards Chapter 7.

- New players, feel free to jump in.

Last edited:
Excited to get into the game!

So if anyone needs a minor/supporting character to flesh out or finish up their story in chapter 6 I'll be happy to help out with my character! I thought it was a good idea to have him introduced in chapter 6 before I get my character to play out his own role in 7. Of course, messaging me for new plots for chapter 7 is welcome as well~

Short summary of my character: Male, Avian, Pegulis, Locksmith/Clock maker, sign up page 8; Ophanim Hayyoth

Excited to get into the game!

So if anyone needs a minor/supporting character to flesh out or finish up their story in chapter 6 I'll be happy to help out with my character! I thought it was a good idea to have him introduced in chapter 6 before I get my character to play out his own role in 7. Of course, messaging me for new plots for chapter 7 is welcome as well~

Short summary of my character: Male, Avian, Pegulis, Locksmith/Clock maker, sign up page 8; Ophanim Hayyoth
I hear that, Nemo, I've been waiting for Ch. 6 as well, get my blacksmith in there. I hope you don't mind me stealing your way of doing things for a moment to introduce my character.

In short: Ferri Spurius, human, barvelle, blacksmith, has a thing with iron. For more detail, applications bottom of page 7.

I'm not looking to create a massive or important arc for my character, In truth I just hope to turn him into a helpful and decent supporting character. As such, if anyone has need of a capable blacksmith or someone who can use anything built with iron to the fullest of its capabilities, then this is your man.

In case @fatalrendezvous and @LVL1337N00B don't get back to you, Pegulis has recently acquired a spell blueprint from a deceased golem in Aldus. The blueprints are being delivered to Barvelle by Artorius. The Barvelle sages will likely spend a lot of time trying to figure out how it works and how to make functioning golems. A Kaustrian inside Barvelle has hinted that there are the location of the secret city has been betrayed. There should be a renewed sense of urgency in arming Pegulis. As blacksmiths and tinkerers, your characters are well suited to be involved with the effort.

The Ghoul Sage's golems run upon aux that have somehow been ripped away from their crux. You will have to find an alternate power source (i.e. you are free to come up with one). If you haven't already, read the article in the ilium library on magic - tl;dr you can do anything within reason (there's a very good reason for this unrestricted form of magic in ilium).

• Thank You
Reactions: fatalrendezvous
Just to remind everyone .. Barvelle is a city in the mountains, so think about caverns and alcoves and tunnels in place of houses and roads o_o

Hello, everyone.

The GMs and DMs want to remind you that you are encouraged to do one and only one post for chapter 6.

Chapter 6 is an interlude. The purpose of this chapter is to wrap up all the plots that were taking place in chapter 5, and set the scene for chapter 7. In this respect, it is not a standard chapter. There should be no quick back and forth between characters controlled by different players.

This is a great opportunity for you guys to get creative with your characters and the world. Talk to your fellow writers, set up collaborative posts, and find ways to wrap up your plots from chapter 5 and, if you have any, foreshadow any events you know are going to happen in Chapter 7. Be bold. Take a few risks with your characters. Once you feel that your post covers everything you want to have happen for chapter 6, then go ahead and post it.

We understand this is going to be rather hard for the brand new characters that have arrived in Ilium, but think of your post as a chance to introduce your character to the world and to us. We can't wait to get to know them, so teach us abit about them, their position in the world, and how they interact with the growing hostility of the world. If you really, really want to get into a plot before chapter 7, feel free to contact the people in charge of each area (@fatalrendezvous and @Diana for Pegulis, @Peregrine and @Jack Shade for Viridos, and @unanun for any of the three) and we'll gladly help you get integrated for a collaborative post for with another player.

We understand we are asking a lot, but we also know that you are all capable of rising to meet the challenge. Show us what you can do!

If you have any questions, any one of the GMs or DMs will be very willing to answer them for you.

Chapter 6 follows immediately after 5. Chapter 6 will span about one month.

For newer players, as we ease you in, it's alright to make more than one post. Keep in mind that for whatever plots I feed you, or ones that you come up with on your own (highly encouraged), we want to squeeze about a months worth of activity in. When you have that goal in mind, I am confident that your keyboards will flow.

I think imma going to try and join back again at Chapter 6 if its only one post. I was in the middle of something in Chapter 4 but the game kind of dropped off for me because the person I was doing it with didn't do anything new with it (not sure where it is right now) and I also didn't know where to go with it from there. Is there any link to the changes in Kaustir so I can find out what to expect?

The changes are in Chapter 6 itself and in the ilium synopsis.

@WishfulNemo @caligari , I will break my own rule of one post only to get you guys moving. Are you fine with doing golem related things?

Chapter 6 Plot Guide (Formerly Asmo's Deer-in-Headlights Survival Manual)

If you are a new poster and/or unsure where you fit in, refer to this and pick a plot that you feel comfortable with or that suits your character. Each bullet point will list any characters directly involved as well as their players.

Pegulis, cyan
(DM — @fatalrendezvous)
  • An injured rogue from Aldus (Artorius — @LVL1337N00B) brings information on golem construction to Barvelle, sparking interest and intrigue from mages, scholars, smiths and tinkerers of all sorts.
  • An old, quirky Kaustiran (Glyph) reveals that Barvelle's secret location has been discovered by other nations. Barvelle works to increase its reinforcement efforts started by Captain Ilsa Lisbon.
  • Within Barvelle, a plot against the Northern Archon begins to surface. (Eirene — @Diana, Ethelwen — @Peregrine)
  • In Aldus, a wicked and corrupt scholar's grip of madness on the city finally begins to loosen. The city tries to rebuild after being struck with numerous catastrophes. (Azareth)
  • Tensions between Avian refugees and native Aldeans continue to grow.
  • The Guard Captain of Aldus (Ilsa — @fatalrendezvous) returns to find her daughter hanged and the city in shambles. She works with a country boy turned watchman (Dane — @ConstructPylons) and an Avian ambassador (Nuria — @Ayla Reinhart) to restore order.
  • Two soldiers (Raige — @Wolfsin, Darin — @SlatersDeath) return to Tavark from an island expedition involving one of the Divine Weapons.
  • Out in the frozen scape of Pegulis near Tavark, a group of adventurers search for an ancient, mythical ore with incredible power. (Vrein — @Ayla Reinhart, Castigarian — @ReaperOfFlames, Blythe — @jagajac)
  • A Barvellian anthro girl with latent magical ability flees south towards the Chersonese (Eydis — @Silvir). Unbeknownst to her, she is being tailed by an assassin with questionable motives.

Kaustir, brown
(DM — @Zen)
  • All of Kaustir mobilizes and prepares to march somewhere. (Lukesh and Lut — @unanun)
  • Among the forces is a former general, tainted by the madness of a Divine Weapon (Amalia — @Zen). Ousted from power, she now fights as a soldier.

Viridos, limegreen
(DM — @Peregrine)
  • Corruption in the theocracy of Viridos prompts a fallen general to return from exile. (Tattersal)
  • In the Prosperos Sea, a naval nation grows in strength (Teadoir)

Pegulis currently has the most ongoing plots that need to be closed. Please do not start NEW plots in Pegulis for the time being. Kaustir should be focused on mobilizing. Viridos has room for some new plots if the players so choose.

If you have any questions, send a message to your DM and/or to unanun.

Last edited by a moderator:
The changes are in Chapter 6 itself and in the ilium synopsis.

@WishfulNemo @caligari , I will break my own rule of one post only to get you guys moving. Are you fine with doing golem related things?
Sure, I'm fine with anything if that means that it will add up on ideas.

EDIT: !!!! That plot guide is very helpful! Thank you for the hard work~

Last edited:
In light of the new plot guide, what would you like to do? I am a wizard and can do many things.

Attempt to reforge a golem? Harder, stronger, better... A countermeasure to the ghoul sage's army? I don't know, I'm just spitballing here

Roit. I'll do something today or tomorrow.

Okay, that should do it. Assume you've been summoned. Assume that we will gather somewhere, and that the details of the circle have been conveyed to you. This will avoid the need for you to recap what I've said. Build on what I have written. Feel more than free to invent, innovate, come up with anything plausible that will extend the story.

Suggestions:

- Power sources? I hate to bring this up, but we seem to be going the way of a power suit. Maybe we can think of something different. Maybe we can program the golem by putting a 'logical' spell circle on top of the golem circle.
- Casings (i.e. materials that can be golem-ified) for the spell circle?
- The spell circle is really intricate, and is on fragile paper. How might we replicate it, mass produce it?
- Can we make BIG golems, or small golems?
- How do we control them?
- Etc, etc.

We can do any of these things, and more. But if we try to make something that should be tough easy, the karma system kicks in, like exploding spell circles that injure you.

@Ty Lee *poke*

@AngelFish Doing OK?

Last edited:
Wow, for some reason I didn't get notified that you had tagged me in this. I'm doing all right, doing some plotting with Peregrine about bringing my character in.

Apparently my one post limit was silly; I wanted to impose the limit so we could wrap up existing adventures and start new ones. But I think there is enough material to go on for a bit before we start Chapter 7.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.