Plot Discussion (Chapter 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's referencing just a regular storm not the arcane one. I think.

I won't be on much today until late afternoon.

Excellent. I think, in Kaustir, we should aim to start the Soiree later this week. @Jack Shade

As for Viridos, I'll try and kick the Edelon plot along (@Grumpy ). How is Hosia doing?

Reactions: Wolfsin
Hosia is doing pretty well I would say, Peregrine and I have something planned that will hopefully get all the little merchants involved.

Reactions: Wolfsin
Why is there a fake wall in the side of Tavark that all these Tavark residents have no knowledge of?

I have no more love to give. Please NPC my characters.

It's probably a covered entrance in the fortifications that Eimund set up.

We already reprimanded SlatersDeath and Wolfsin for the fake wall. It will be removed, or at least better explained as to why only a select few know about it.

GM ANNOUNCEMENT

Tegan and Asmodeus are officially withdrawing from Ilium.

Not only are we moving at the end of the July, but we are looking to develop ourselves as professional writers. Unfortunately, Ilium requires too much input, and gives too little output, to be worthwhile at this point in our lives. In order to grow we need to be challenged, and we need a peer group who can do to us what we have done to you - expose, scrutinize and suggest. Sadly, those things lie beyond Iwaku.

We intend to develop Ilium as a joint novel and seek publication.

We are not leaving the forum altogether. However, this is the end of our high input projects. Our roleplaying will be confined to small groups or chat setups from now on. And they will be solely for fun and relaxation.

Trust me, this hurts. There is no catharsis in my rant this time. There are people in this roleplay who are an ABSOLUTE JOY to work with. It hurts that we have to let them go. Especially after the work they have put in.

The roleplay will continue under the direction of your GMs: @unanun @Jack Shade and @Diana

My characters are yours to portray. The only thing we have copyrighted is the final twist about pre-Cataclysm events.

Thank you all for supporting this first vision of the Mass Roleplay. I wish you all the best of luck with its reinterpretation.

It really does hurt, you guys, but this is something we both need to do if we're ever going to be the writers we want to be. Thanks to everyone for their hard work. I hope this brief experience has helped everyone to grow as a writer and roleplayer.

Rest assured, we will not be ganking anyone's characters (at least not without permission, there are one or two that we are ganking) for this novel. We are also thinking about launching an official progress blog for what is going to be a MASSIVE project for Ilium in the next six months or so. Keep your eye out for that, if you're interested that is.

It's really a shame to hear that guys, and it really sucks that it's pushed you to this point.

But yeah if that's what you need to do then do it.

Thanks for Ilium, for making it and for pushing it as far as you have and just in general for all the effort you've put into it.
I know that the players and especially the GMs will do their level best to do what you started justice.

Also I hope you do a developer blog for the novel I'd love to hear about it and see how it's going! And I'm sure most of the players (and non-players) would love to too.
Hope the move is as smooth as it can be guys.

At this point, we're extending an interest check to see who are interested in continuing. We will have to do a bit of work to focus the story, and change the ending slightly. You will also have a different creative force guiding you under Diana, Jack, and I. If these are all still agreeable with you, let us reconvene sometime after things settle and move forward.

Depending on the number of those still interested...we may be looking for the assistance of a new gm or two. For now, look to the Ilium group this evening (or here...it's gonna show up somewhere) for an official interest check on continuing.

We're happy to put time and effort into making the story epic and awesome going forward if you all are. Thanks for baring with us and thank you Tegan and Asmo for taking us up to this point.

This is honestly one of the most successful and popular mass rp's I've seen in a long while.

• Love
Reactions: Tegan and Jade
I don't know if that is exactly necessary, Unanun. I think an interest check would help us to know who are still REALLY into it, but I don't think we should let the game stagnate, lest it deteriorate further.

I say we keep plugging along.

It will ultimately not stop the roleplay progress, just let us know who will stay with us even with the principle gm's leaving. Rest assured gonzo, we'll plug forward so long as we have folks to plot with :P

Reactions: Tegan and Jade
*flails* Still here.

Thank you for GMing for us for the time that you have, your work is excellent and I look forward to seeing the story you publish! ^^

I hope the move goes well! It'll be great to see Ilium as a story.

As for everybody else - lets make this work. We've had a brilliant privilege of having two awesome writers being our GMS and we still have 3 others who are just as excellent. It will be different, since Tegan and Asmo were the driving force for this RP but it's nothing we can't work with. I for one won't give up!

Thank you for everything Tegan, Asmo and good luck with your career.

Asmo and Tegan, let me take this opportunity to THANK YOU BOTH from the bottom of my heart. I know that neither of you have really gotten the recognition I think you deserve, and this is not even close to as much as I think you deserve, but it's better than nothing.

You have both pushed me to think about my writing in a way I never had before. To really consider my plots and my characters, their goals, their motivations, their backstories. I have grown more, faster, in the short time I have been involved in Ilium than I ever have in any other portion of my writing "career" if you can call it that.

Ilium has changed the way I think about roleplay. It hurts to see you both leave but obviously I understand that nobody here on Iwaku can really do for you what you do for us, which is to push you beyond your limits and beyond your comfort zone. You and the rest of the GM team have certainly done that for me, and for others too - it's clear, looking at the progression between Chapter 1 and now (even in a short period of time) how much many writers have improved.

Your work has not been for nothing, guys. We're the second generation.

I will continue with this RP until it concludes, or until I die. I know that sounds melodramatic, but I mean it.

*pledges to pre-order a copy of Ilium whenever it is published*

EDIT:

And I know this perhaps goes without saying, but you may take full creative license over Ilsa and Karissa if you choose to keep them in your official publication of Ilium.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.