Plot Discussion (Chapter 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is someone already making the interest check? If so, will it be an actual interest check forum or just a thread in the Ilium Lounge?

I'd like to take this time to say something; Asmo had it right.

When I first started RPing a half a year ago, I was annoyed at the lack of fluidity and discretion, where people could NEVER highjack another persons character, and doing anything out of the box or including an item in a post that was not in your character sheet was considered god modding.

I remember once, in my first RP, I was sitting at a table with a guy who had just walked in to my saloon. In my post, I introduced myself, asked for his name, and said nice to meet you. Then the GM came to me and said "Did he tell you that earlier, or did you highjack him? It has to be something he said for your character to know it." I was like, really? That's, so damn disjointed and unnatural.

Then I found Ilium, and read the code of conduct and such, and listened to Asmo's rants about those subjects. And I was delighted. I've been so happy playing a game with this type of freedom and fluidity. YOu can highjack and godmod all you want, just make it work for the sotry. It's about making a good narrative, not making yourself look cool. That's the most important thing this RP has to teach, in my opinion. Just be thoughtful, read everything, and care about the WHOLE story.

*flails some more*

I think Asmo has noticed that I typically join a majority of his roleplays. >.< Ever since I joined Iwaku, he has been the one who pushes and challenges me to write better, and he has done more for me than any English professor. Ilium is definitely the most challenging for me and I can't thank Asmo or Tegan enough. I'll try my best to ensure this roleplay to keep going, as I've always wanted a mass roleplay and I absolutely enjoy the current story.

Not to step on anyone's toes or be presumptuous, but I nominate Zen as a new GM, if she is willing to take on that burden. She has proven to be, by far, one of the strongest RPers in this game, and I Also know her character made Asmo very happy, and was therefor doing a lot of stuff right.

Reactions: IceChateau777
You know, I was pretty skeptical about joining Ilium not because I doubted its success but because I doubted I'd be able to participate in it to the best of my ability. All of my roleplays this far have never came close to being so challenging, so open and extraordinary. It was quite intimidating really. To this day I can't really recall what possessed me to submit a character sheet but I'm glad that I did even if I still doubt myself at every turn and thought. So... uh... yeah... Thanks for making such an awesome roleplay and giving me the chance to participate! It's been quite the experience and that's putting it lightly :3

And I probably would have never became friends with Porg if it weren't for this roleplay >.>​

So yeah, good luck with life and such ^.^

I also would like to say thank you to Asmo and Tegan.
Both for all the work you've put in and for sticking with us this long. I've learned a great deal already just from being allowed to participate and observe, and the encouragement to grow and get out of my comfort zone and actually think about where the story is going rather than just the character has stretched me in more ways then I thought possible in such a short time.
So thank you again!

I'll look forward to both the blog and the book, and I wish you all the best with both (and your move as well) :)

• Love
Reactions: Tegan
Not to step on anyone's toes or be presumptuous, but I nominate Zen as a new GM, if she is willing to take on that burden. She has proven to be, by far, one of the strongest RPers in this game, and I Also know her character made Asmo very happy, and was therefor doing a lot of stuff right.

I'm flattered Gonzo. XD I'll take the responsibility if the other GMs would like me to, but it's up them. My feelings won't be hurt if I stay as a player, as I wasn't expecting to be called in to GM.

You've all come a long way. Asmodeus and Tegan need something different to develop their ultimate goals for ilium, and we will continue growing you in their stead.

What can I say but goodbye. It has been fun riding this roller-coaster with you two.

Well, my thanks to @Tegan and @Asmodeus. I wish I could have been a better player in the grand scheme you two had in mind. I stumbled quite a bit.

I wish you both the best of luck with your writing and hope to read it in the future!

Reactions: Eternalfire61
I could see why some folks might not like it, but personally I'd be excited and honored even to see a character I created appear in a novel.

Best of luck to both of you! Considering your writing and plots for this roleplay, I'm definitely looking forward to reading your works should you become published authors.

I would also like to give my consent to use Draegal and any other bit of intellectual property in your book.

P.s I would also like to place a preorder

I could see why some folks might not like it, but personally I'd be excited and honored even to see a character I created appear in a novel.

Best of luck to both of you! Considering your writing and plots for this roleplay, I'm definitely looking forward to reading your works should you become published authors.
I agree :)

Let's get back to writing.

There are a million small plots and intricacies I have not gotten my hands into yet. I am trusting you all to develop them and come to me when you want to figure out how to insert them into the main plots.

Last edited:
Yes people, please do post. O___O I have terrible delightful things to do to you in Barvelle.

Also everyone in Pengulis land, HI. I'm your GM sponsor. 8D DO YOU HAS PLOT GOALS. Please come talk to me. I am slow, but I am mighty.

Status
Not open for further replies.