Plot Discussion (Chapter 1)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Asmodeus Oh come on! Lol. She said that mumbling, not in his face. Besides, you do not really expect someone like Delesia to behave a 100%? Eh well whatever. Was funny though.

Your entire dialogue, when you told them to stop, called them dumb, accused them of not being "bright cookies", then threatened to rip their balls off, was MUMBLED???

Putting aside the mixed metaphor, that's just annoying. Maybe you reminded the sergeant of his teenage daughter. >:[

And @dunruffle - I just made that up. You're free to fill in the details.

• Love
Reactions: lynzy
@Asmodeus Maybe :3 Well, moving on.

...Whelp, that's one way to end a chapter. XD I'm kinda sad Castigarian missed his shot completely, but hey, things happen and to be fair he came close for someone aiming at a giant ice creature surrounded by a blizzard. From here on out though, kinda looks like Ilsa and Castigarian are on their own...so much for the fellowship. XDc

Hopefully some (like Navras) have been buried with you, and others (like all the Pegulians who haven't posted yet) will come dig you out, or meet you in the cave systems.

Hmm...as far as I saw, Navras is still in Aldus having taken an indefinite residence up within the Rusty Tankard and I didn't see any other players take up arms with Aldus apart from Doughman, though he's taken a bow out due to extraneous circumstances. The Avalanche could however push the two into an underground pass off sorts, maybe an opening to ruins that managed to jut out of the ice from times long past? It might make for some interesting character development for the two to have to survive their way through while others take the long way around. :|a

Do Ilsa and Castigarian get a few NPCs to work with or is it really just the two of them left two to die?

So is the Black city crew still just sitting on their asses or are they going to be underway to the coast when the next chapter rolls in?

Die? Psh, Castigarian has enough meat and booze on him to last them at least a week, what else do they need? XDc In all fairness, the man did ride two weeks from Tavark to Aldus with the intent of traveling from there to Barvelle, he came prepared for a long trek, so at least Ilsa and he will have food and drink enough to last them.

So is the Black city crew still just sitting on their asses or are they going to be underway to the coast when the next chapter rolls in?
Just writing that post now. Hold your horse-bollocks.

And yes, there'll be most of the convoy still with you, including Arcantos, the Draken messenger, who I'll play. Chapter 2 will focus in a big way on this convoy's struggle to survive, as well as the ruins they uncover when they take their detour around the pass.

Reactions: lynzy
Meanwhile, my character is going to lolligag around Tavark while discovering and fighting the monster/dragon thing Porg wanted in the center of the storm or something like that then make her way to Barvelle to get some answers.

Awesome made it through the chapter! I can't wait to start training Amalia!..... I mean if there is time for that.... is there @Asmodeus?

Reactions: Jade
I hate, HATE that Spring Break came at that time. I missed out on the entire first Chapter!

Worse still, with classes ending in May, and my computer access being uncertain during the summer, I'm worried just how many chapters I'll miss before I can do anything.

Character development's a bitch.

Awesome made it through the chapter! I can't wait to start training Amalia!..... I mean if there is time for that.... is there @Asmodeus?
The idea is that you will be travelling with Amalia and training her as you journey. Cosy nights around the campfire, clashing steel and speaking proverbs. That kinda shit.

Well, this is embarrassing!

It seems Asmo and I bit off a little more than we could chew this time. He's out of town on business for a few days and of course is very busy and tired. We make it a policy to open all of the chapters at once so that no nation is ever further along in the story that the others. So, until we can get our three plots coordinated, we ask that everyone hang tight for a day or two. We've posted the newest plots in the Upcoming Events section so that everyone has a chance to think about what they might want to do this chapter.

Thanks for your patience! Ilium will be up and running soon.

PS

To those still involved in the Monolith plot, we will have one more epic encounter with the pirates, so put on your game faces! Afterwards, you can all return to your homes and Ironblood will call off the assassins stalking your loved ones.

Yes, the Upcoming Events thread has the hints. So there's no harm in drafting up your first posts now. I'll have some spare time tomorrow night, so I'll try to get things rolling. Posting from my hotel room like a proper business man. >:|

For those of us who may not have the means to immediately join the plot...Can we make introduction posts outside of the actions happening in the Kingdoms? Although the brunt of the story focuses around singular events for Pegulis, I want to be sure that it won't break up the narrative to post other events taking place in other parts of Pegulis/Chersonese at the time.

Reactions: Jade
Bugger. You've forced my hand there, Jack.

*dons the Helm of Honesty*

For you, the answer is yes, because you are a good roleplayer. You take initiative, you read and understand things thoroughly, you intuit themes and you work collaboratively. You are one of a number in this roleplay who we, as GMs, trust to build the Ilium story.

For others, however, the answer is no. Some in this roleplay have taxed myself and Tegan. They have forced us to work around plot holes, continuity errors and, frankly, bad characterization.

This is a Mass Roleplay. But we have never said, at any time, that this was an entry-level sandbox.

The truth is, you have to be good to play in Ilium. And if you all think I'm an arsehole for saying that, then so be it. There are plenty of other roleplays on Iwaku for you to join.

Tegan and I have given you something beyond the ordinary, and we are asking the same from you in return.

Chapter 2 is upon us, and if you want to start asking for second characters, separate plots, and sandbox indulgences, then you need to be ready for us to ask the best of you.

Be prepared for Karma. Be prepared for your posts to be critiqued. Be prepared for the expectations of storytelling.

So Jack, the public answer is no. But if you think you can argue your case (succinctly), then shoot me a PM.

Does everyone have an Aux or is it just player characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.