Plot Discussion (Chapter 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tegan

Hopeful Monster
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
This thread is for planning and discussing the ongoing story.

Please take jokes, fan work and chatting to the Ilium Lounge.

Spam will be deleted.

This roleplay was the original brainchild of @Quill, a member who left Iwaku due to real life commitments last year. She first developed the story with some help from Asmodeus, who refined Quill's massive ideas into the themes of the Red, Blue and Green nations. It was then run as a roleplay... twice... before Tegan entered with some fresh ideas that took the story to a whole new level.

What we have in the end is a Mass Roleplay that is one-third Brain Dump, one-third Meta-Concept, and one-third Ingenuity. A fusion of three very different creative forces.

We hope you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
All right everyone, as of right now, this very second Asmo and I are working on the first IC posts for the three Nations. And since there are currently 49 characters in the application section, we are going to have to put a hold on our approval process until we get the ball rolling.

What does this mean if you haven't been given the green light from one of the GMs? Sadly, it means your character will not be approved until around Monday, when we resume slogging through.

So! If your character was approved--And there will be NO DOUBT if you are or are not, because we PM people if they have been approved and placed their character's name in the Index--keep an eye out for the first IC post. Also watch this thread. If you have NOT been approved, hang tight until Monday, we'll get back to you.

*emerges from a bloodied pile of character sheets* >_o

Yes, the approval process is on hold while we get the story rolling for the accepted characters.

Check out the Upcoming Events for a sneak peek of what lies ahead in our first two weeks. Don't worry if you're not in the cities mentioned - you could spend part of the two weeks travelling there, or simply be involved in the plot from a distance. In our next event cycle the story may well shift to another part of each nation. No area of the map will be left out.

The IC is up ladies and gentlemen! If your character is listed in the character index, located at the start of the application section, or you received an approval notice via PM, go ahead and get posting! If you haven't been approved yet, just be patient a little bit longer, we've started going through the applications again.

Feel free to use this thread to talk to each other about what plot you want to join and any ideas you may have!

Asmo's Deer-in-Headlights Survival Manual

Kaustir
"Oh boy! There's games in Avarath. I'm gonna start by turning up and getting jostled by the crowds!"
"Grrr! I are mighty gladiator. See me in media res, ripping apart NPCs"
"Sneaky merchant sneak sneak sell some shit, make some money, sneak sneak!"
"All hail glorious Lukesh, I am monosyllabic and mindless soldier reporting for bodyguard duty!"
"Riding on an elephant... just cos.... in the streets.... yeah, it's cool."
"Mwha ha ha, I shall be the general because I have an agenda."
"Meanwhile, out in the wastes, my dude stands next to a smoke cloud and ponders darkly."

Viridos
"Hey there, Sexy Plot Lady! I'm'a board yer ship!"
"Yaargh! I'm a pirate. Where's that ship going?"
"Well, I was going to go home to my family, but now I'm stuck crewing this ship. The Viridos Navy sucks!"
"The trees talk to me! They tell me to follow you! o__o"
"I'm a plucky child pickpocket, leaping between the trees and OH SHIT I FELL ON THE BOAT!"
"Ah, Lady Ironblood, my old friend. I came as soon as I got your letter."
"So, my friends found a Monolith and died. What the hell, Poisoned Jungle?!

Pegulis
"So er... yeah... I'm the tavern..cos... er... I just met Medwick."
"Great Scott! A message from the black city! As High Blah of Blah it is my duty to read it!"
"Ah, what a wonderful morning in the city of Barvelle - hey, there's a dead dragon outside!"
"Hunting hunting hunting, fishing fishing, survival in the cold. Hmm, looks like trouble at the old Barvelle farm."
"AAAAGH! MYSTERIOUS MONSTER SUMMONED BY THE GHOUL SAGE! STOP EATING MY FACE!"
"Divine Weapons, eh? Why thank you, Rumour Mill - you are a strumpet!"
"Hey! Madame President! Madame President! Let me help too!"

So, I'm looking for people to be part of K'larr's network. If you plan for your character to be part of Avarath's underground, or otherwise think they might be connected to a man like K'larr, then let me know and we can talk a little bit about it.

Um, my character's from Edelon, so would he have been recruited while the Jade Prophet was there? And why? Because of his purifying power, or because he spends a lot of time in Viridos' forests because of his job? He might know the dangers. Or did his work send him away from Edelon and he joined more by chance? Want to post but not sure where to start.

Tegol, messenger to Barvelle, has fallen. Sorry about writing after the fact.

I will have something coming for the other two places.

If you're referring to the other two messengers dispatched by Medwick, I have a post in the works about Arcantos, the one sent to Aldus. If you like you can PM me your idea and we can work something out!

Hola, I don't have anything planned for them! Other sinister things will befall yonder.

I don't know if it's supposed to be here (shame on me and my shit) but I have no idea where to start... I thought it might be... relevant, in plot discussion... I guess this is a bit overwhelming for me, honestly.. do you just go ahead and post? I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

I don't know if it's supposed to be here (shame on me and my shit) but I have no idea where to start... I thought it might be... relevant, in plot discussion... I guess this is a bit overwhelming for me, honestly.. do you just go ahead and post? I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
Reference Asmo's post farther up the page. Basically, the quotes are kind of guidelines of the types of things your character could be doing - find the one that suits your character best. It's not limited to those things specifically, but if you plan to do something else way out there you may want to clear it with Asmo and Tegan first.

Reference Asmo's post farther up the page. Basically, the quotes are kind of guidelines of the types of things your character could be doing - find the one that suits your character best. It's not limited to those things specifically, but if you plan to do something else way out there you may want to clear it with Asmo and Tegan first.
Thank you a bunch, but I was thinking something along my character (who owns a small business) was simply seeing off a customer and going to check out the Games (in Avarath, seeing as she lives there), and I'm pretty sure that somewhat fits the categories...

So...Tegol is dead, that is pretty unfortunate...

And I thought the eggs were stolen by the mage, not counting the one I have, or are they just going to hang around long enough to be stolen.

o_O

Where did I say the eggs were stolen?

I said they are GOING TO BE stolen in 2 weeks time.

*shakes ET* WHAT DO YOU KNOW?

• Love
Reactions: lynzy
Hey Asmo, would Amalia count as 'common people' considering her post?

>.>

<.<

*eyes the games*

Yes, each and every person in Kaustir is permitted to participate in the contest to be the general.

If anyone aboard the ship in the Viridos plotline would like to give Konkon a touch of ranged conversation, he'll probably come along as well. Then you'll have a buzzed fox.

GM NOTE TO EVERYONE

Do not feel compelled to write HUGE posts. The ones I've seen so far are pretty lengthy. But this is certainly not the norm that we are looking for. Short and concise posts are the best. Less is more. Quality not Quantity. Taste the Rainbow. And so on.

One of the most powerful and plot-driving posts so far has been from Unanun, and he only wrote three lines. But the imagery he painted (of the rider being ambushed by some unseen horror, and the bloody rider lashed to his horse) are more compelling than a dozen lines of purple prose.

Let the reader's imagination do the work. That's the essence of good storytelling.

I need help with my god forsaken BBCodes again >,<
I can't get my pictures to post *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.