• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray noticed the crew was heading out without him, and thought it prudent not to lose them. He wrapped up his impromptu public relations campaign by making a large block of ice and splitting it into cubes, leaving it for the Cutthroats to enjoy. "If you run out, ladies, I'll be happy to make more later," he said, slipping through the crowd he had gathered. He arrived in time to hear about the Worst Generation.

"Oh? And you survived?"

"Barely," Ray added, scowling at the memory. "Between the Red Pirates and the Marines, Yakone was a mess."

"Luck is really on your side, huh."

Raymond scoffed. "Luck? I put more stock in skill than in luck, but the fact that we got out in one piece was... fortunate."

Saffron noted on the Stardusks' wanted posters, "The other is… of noble blood? Huh. Howdya go and mess somethin' like that up?"

"Overnight." Ray wore what looked like a smug grin, but those who knew him could tell it was actually a rather wan smile. When the Captain of the Cutthroats threatened themm with death if they stepped out of line, Ray just quipped back, "Do us a favor and smack Luro upside the head if he annoys you, his skull's too thick for it to hurt him."

Ray got down to his questions, grateful for some additional information. Most of his knowledge came from stories years ago from sailors on his uncle's ship, and even now, with all he'd seen, he couldn't tell which were true and which were exaggerated, and by how much. Besides, Lendria was a backwater, despite everything, and not much news traveled through to their corner of the world. Not that the average Lendrian would care. "Could you tell us more about the rest of the Worst Generation crews, particularly the Red Pirates? How long have you been set up here? Does your crew have any goals? As a new pirate, what is piracy all about, in your words? Any words of wisdom?"

Luro listened to Alcinoe as she explained about her shipwright and eventually about how their weapons were made, he brought a hand to his chin not happy about someone messing with the Coral but if he had to choose he suppose someone considered 'best' was better than a random person. Without supplies there wasn't much he could do anyway, he gave a small nod figuring it was okay, besides the people here were nice minus the whole being captives part. Still if he chose not to be friends with all the people who had taken him captive he wouldn't have made all the friends he did. He lifted his gaze from the floor as Alcinoe continued talking about the Worst Generation, he faded in and out of the conversation choosing to look around the area, he had never been in a temple before so it was hard not to be drawn in. It looked so different from all the other buildings, even the ones in town, he wasn't sure if this was a good temple or a bad temple. Now that he thought about it were their bad temples? It didn't look run down but he confirmed that he didn't know what a bad temple looked like.
"...is this a good temple or a bad temple," Luro said tilting his head slightly.

The pirates they met were part of the Generation? That meant they had a bounty over a million or something like that, Luro tilted his head slightly not really getting the point of the title. Since they had that name the government wanted them more than other pirates, he was pretty sure that's what he heard. He found his thoughts drifting back to their weapon maker instead, he wanted to share knowledge with her, he might be able to get out of his slump if he talked to someone else who dabbled in it, perhaps he could find one of the people who built weapons and talk to them. He wondered if he should just walk away from the others, looking at everyone he realized he hadn't been paying attention to most of the conversation, when he came back in they seemed to be talking about the best of the best.

"Nani Sterling...she's gotta be strong right being the best, captain if we meet her I want to fight her," Luro said looking over at Runali. "I'm allowed right?"
Luro looked back over at Alcinoe only to glance back at Ray as he brought up his skull, Luro brought a hand to his head his brows arching slightly at the mention. Now that he was paying attention he wasn't sure what to think about what part of the conversation he had picked up, Worst Generations? A pirate lord? What did having a rank really mean anyway, the whole thing seemed complicated, he'd leave the complicated thinking to the captain.
"Hm...if she wants to know stuff why doesn't she just ask? I mean we're right here I'm happy to share," Luro said smiling at Alcinoe. "I don't really care about ranking or anything like that so I don't have any questions. If you know anyone really strong that'd be nice or a good place to drink, other than that the only thing I wanna know is about the Black Compass since that's what the captain wants."

x1s7DHx.jpg

Worse Generation, huh? Jem frowned ever so slightly. The rest – mostly Kadi and Ray – seemed interested to learn more about the rankings, but personally, she wished the StarDusk steered clear from the rankings altogether. Or remain as far away from it as they could despite their current good standing with the Cutthroats. The allegiances, the betrayals, the turf wars – it tested even the most loyal crew. Too many have chased after the phantom promises of wealth, fame and power and they didn't seem any better.

"Aye, the Pirate Lord seems outta reach." Jem shrugged. "I say we have other things ta worry about. Let other people worry about the rankings." She would have said more, but she broke off when she overheard Saffron's comments about her. Jem tilted her head and glanced warily in the Cutthroat first mate's direction in response. She considered approaching the woman, but seeing that Saffron was rummage through her bag, Jem decided to let the matter slide for now. Listening to what Alcinoe cared to share seemed far more important than a chance remark. Jem doubted Saffron would actually remember her that fast – it had been 3 years. 4 perhaps? Returning back to the conversation, Jem turned back to Alcinoe and continued where she left off earlier. "I don't know what you want," she informed the other Captain. "All I know is we aren't worthy allies for the WG." Well, not yet.

Jem wasn't looking down on her new crew – they were every bit as capable as some of the better pirates out there – but the truth was that they were a fledging crew with six active members onboard. That and the fact that none of them had extraordinary powers nor powerful connections. So, Jem believed there was more to the alliance than Alcinoe liking their captain. "Somethin' funny there about you having our wanted posters and being interested in nobodies like us."

Having said all that she'd care to admit about knowing a little more than the rest, Jem paused to allow what she said sink in. Though, given the slew of other questions being asked at the same time, she wouldn't be surprised if her passing comment was missed. Jem kept her eyes trained on Alcinoe's face and gestures, noting every little detail. Occasionally, though, she'd still glance in Saffron's direction as discreetly as possible. She hoped no one noticed how uncomfortable she had been awhile back when Saffron claimed she looked familiar.

-----------------------------------

The muted tapping of a stick hitting against the stone surface grew louder, as a pair of rather tanned women appeared in the doorway. The taller of the two was a wiry, auburn haired woman dressed in a rather revealing outfit suitable for a circus performer, while the shorter of the two, was a spikey haired woman who tapped the stick in front of her as she walked and debated with her companion. The latter's eyes stared ahead, though they waivered to the right or left occasionally, indicating that she wasn't totally blind.

"I still don't see why you think your route is better than mine," Belen argued, as she made a face. "I know you are still the navigator, but I think my idea works just as well." She waved her hands about in a very animated fashion, forgetting for a moment that her mentor was unlikely to look in her direction. Or, even if the woman did, she'd not be able to see that clearly.

"I – " The short woman paused. She had gone through her reasoning with Belen several times before and somehow the other didn't understand. The only way to settle this once and for all was to have Saffron mediate. After all, having the navigator and the navigator's assistant argue seemed almost pointless. "Let's talk about this with Saff later, alright? Let me know if you see her around."

Belen's hands waved about uselessly in silent protest, as she allowed herself to lag behind. Eventually, she gave up and caught up with her stubborn mentor. "Well, Tsetseg, I see her! Errr left. Yeah two steps left and five steps straight ahead." She added rather unhelpfully before deciding to grab the woman's wrist and actually steering the navigator in the right direction. "Now walk straight ahead."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Fox of Spades
2cehshh.jpg
2cehshh.jpg

If Alicia had looked uncomfortable at the sight of the giant lizards, it'd be nothing compared to her reaction to the site of the giant alligator which appeared to be the pet of the Cutthroats captain. The quiet swordswomen whom so far had shown nothing but serenity in the face of danger had almost squeaked with fright before zipping behind Ray, peeking out from behind his shoulder in a some what comical manner as her hands pressed against his back. "That's not an alligator that's a friggin dinosaur!" she said, disappearing behind Ray a little when the creature made a noise. When the she noticed her own reactions she quickly recomposed and coughed into her hand, returning to the usual calm demeanor she usually presented, though her eyes still expressed much of her discomfort to the presence of the massive reptile.

During her small episode she'd also missed the words of the captain and the conversations between the others, focusing in time to hear the parting words of Alcinoe. She certainly didn't intend to harm, destroy or upset anything here so she mostly took the threat lightly as she watched her leave, turning back towards the crew before tilting her head slightly. "So... what now?" she began, "I guess we could explore a little or, maybe wait somewhere... preferably away from the dinosaur" she said, her expression slightly sheepish as she mentioned the alligator.

Reactions: Grothnor
zodclj.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]
et5w5v.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
2a7y33m.jpg
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Location: Cutthroat Base[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Relax hun, Lady is friendly!" That was a little bit of an overstatement considering, Lady was ready to eat three of the StarDusk pirates… Well, they did have her kid. Alicia seemed eager to depart, but the others had more questions, so it appeared they would be staying around. Fortunately, Lady was paying no attention to any of them. She was strolling along side Alcinoe while the occasional Cutthroat passed by and tossed her a treat or two. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Arcadius' question made Alcinoe smile. "Move? Oh no, this is our permanent residence. Our living comes from the desert, not our ship. Traveling around at sea is an option. We have no intentions of moving. This is a desert. No one likes getting stranded here- and as long as we've lived here, this desert is our advantage. The Navy doesn't tamper with this area. Not all of the women under my wing are pirates- despite taking the Cutthroat name. It's a leverage of sorts, and they've figured if we're all at home, we're not tormenting others. It also helps that this desert's kingdom likes us because we're helpful here. After all, our home has to be protected too. So, on home turf we're protected by law. "[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, and we have three other bases to retreat to if necessary. Also, this is a good temple." Saff added without looking up from her searching. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh, yes. That as well. Think of us as pirates of the sea and land." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ray spewed off questions right after Arcadius. Alcinoe mulled over each of his questions, deciding which she preferred to answer first. "We've lived here for ten or so years. We've built and rebuilt, learned how to adapt and survive and built a solid foundation here. Having a home to go back to is always nice. Though we're always excited for sea travel." Again, questions about her crew made her boast. "It's best to set individual goals if you're in a crew. Sure we all have the same goal of one day taking the Pirate Lord place, but that's a long time from now. We've set some simple goals like being the best in our field or even simply travelling the world. Be a bit realistic first, you'll be disappointed less."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Also, also the Black Compass would be nice to finally have documented. Rather than a bunch of old tales." Saff said, still looking through her archives. ...How deep was that bag…? Luro's comment echoed Saff's, making Alcinoe dismissively wave the thought away.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah, that's just for fun though. If we find it along the way, then it's a bonus. That's not really a goal though- no one even knows if it's real anyway. Word of wisdom? Your crew, no matter how...odd," Guess who she glanced at when she said that. "they're family. You have to trust them with your life. What good is a crew if you don't function like a team?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Saff snorted. "What good is a crew if you don't know anything about the life you live?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Ah, right! Learn things! Or add an archivist to your crew, like Saff here. It's amazing what she knows. We're always up to date." Alcinoe scratched her cheek, trying to think of other things to say that would be helpful. Runali was thinking over what she had already said, wondering if her crew really had one particular goal in mind. Sure she wanted to find the Black Compass, but that was something she personally wanted. Was that an individual goal? Well she also wanted to be a better captain for her crew…[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh! Piracy, right. Well uh… it's basically, take what you can and give nothing back. Be the one who rules the seas. It's whatever you want it to be really. Just slap a Jolly Roger on it and bam, you're a pirate. There's no deeper meaning to it." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Jem's comment had almost been missed if it hadn't been for Runali glancing back when she had spoken. While Runali looked a bit curious, Alcinoe only laughed. "You're a small ragtag team. There's nothing you can really give me, love. Can't a lass simply admire a young female captain trying to gain a rank? Heh, and if anything, after meeting someone like those Red pirates, you lot will be the ones needing allies."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"The more allies we have, the more help we have in a fight." Runali commented, earning a kind of rough pat on the back. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Exactly!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not too far off, Saff had looked up when she heard the soft huff of lady when Tsetseg wandered straight into her snout. "You could have told me Lady was right here." Belen just snickered and waved to Saffron. "Tset here was looking for you, Saff." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A lovely coincidence because you two are just the ones I want to see. I need you two to help me find some information on these pirates. Can't seem to find too much in my bag." She hopped off Lady's back and looped her arm between Tsetseg's, dragginf the navigator away. "I'll be back Captain! Belen, you can follow if you want." Just like that, Belen's mentor was snatched from her. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The little display had nothing to do with Alcinoe or the StarDusk pirates so, she continued on with their chat, giving Belen a smile and a salute. "Anywho~ I believe that's a lot of valuable information as it is… Wait, did I miss anything?"[/BCOLOR]

Nyiri_Footer.png
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]

Ray found Alicia's loss of her cool quite amusing. After all of their sparring, it was nice to know that under her cool, reserved exterior was a regular, normal person. Besides, it's kinda cute seeing her like this. He wanted to tease her, possibly by pushing her towards the Alligator, but remembered that she was even more capable with a blade than he, so Ray, valuing his life, refrained.

After Saffron finished answering his and Kadi's questions, Ray tried to get one more answered before Saffron left. "So do you know anything about this temple? Who was worshiped here?"

"Ah, the religious type, are we?" Saffron replied, amused.

Ray scoffed. "Hardly, though it pays to keep one's options open." As much as I invoke the Lords of Lendria, I doubt they have much power beyond the Island, nor do I think them inclined to listen to me anyways.

Two more Cutthroats arrived and dragged Saffron off before she could answer, though she did call back to Ray, "See me in the archives later." Ray nodded, not minding the interruption. Don't want to step on peoples' toes by interrupting official business.

Last edited by a moderator:
PdmUtGn.jpg

Luro looked over at Saffron as she brought up the black compass, judging by the lack of response to his question he figured they probably had as much info as they did, he rubbed the side of his head figuring that made a bit of sense as it was a mystery. He gave a small shrug figuring it was fine, he was more interested in two other things at the moment. The first was the look on Jemima's face, when she had been speaking of ignoring the ranks he had turned to nod in agreement but stopped seeing her stare at Saffron, he arched his brows at her but just smiled and turned away. Jemima was mysterious so he was used to not being able to read her expression...though thinking about it he wasn't good at that anyway but it was even harder with Jemima, for a split second there though he could have figured he saw discomfort. He gave a small victorious fist pump at understanding his friend more, even if he didn't know why.

The second matter, and one he was excited about, was Alicia's response to the one called Lady, Luro leaned over laughing covering his mouth to try and hold it in with little success, when she coughed into her hand he turned his head tears gathering at the corner of his eyes as he tried to stop. That response reminded him of Nolan's jumpiness, her expression was great too. He took a long deep breath after calming down before looking in her direction.
"That was really funny Alicia, Alci's right though Lady's no harm she didn't eat us. I mean she almost did but she stopped, besides worst case is you get eaten by a giant alligator that's not too bad, better than getting shot...actually hold on would that work?"
Luro brought a hand to his chin tilting his head a bit, now that he thought about it that was a really good question.
"Getting shot would be faster...but if you get eaten you leave behind a story...hmmm oh but what if you get shot and then eaten. Alicia when you die make sure to get shot and then eaten, oh and make sure I'm in the area. I mean don't die soon because I'd be sad but way in the future when you do make sure it's like that. It'll leave behind a great story. Oh Ray could write a song about it! Ray make sure you're in the area too. I'm still figuring out Kadi's so let's focus on Alicia's."

Luro gave a small nod to her before turning back to Alcinoe, he noticed more women enter and then leave but he missed them lost in his musings of how great Alicia's death should be, he was still trying to work out Arcadius' but he knew it involved penguins, he thought of it while they were dealing with them near Yakone. When she mentioned if she missed anything Luro raised his hand slightly to indicate he still had a question, though he had missed most of what they said, after 'learning' he tuned out the conversation for the most part.
"Yeah Alci I have a question, I think Ray asked it. The Red Pirates I wanna know more about them. Specifically Rin Goodwin the first mate, guy with the red head thing. There's something in his eyes that reminds me of someone I know. Someone I haven't seen in a long time."
Luro closed his eyes at this a small smile forming on his face at the memory, however remembering he was asking a question he pulled himself from his reminiscence.
"Anyway I want to inflict as much physical harm on him as possible, I'd say kill but he's Ben's kill I can't take that from her, but beating him within an inch of his life is fair I think, then she can put the last bullet in his head. Anyway if you know anything about him that'd be nice...I don't really care about the other two but if you know anything about them that'd be nice too. Oh I don't hate Rin I should mention that, I just want to hurt him very very badly.'"

Last edited:
Collab with @Yakamoz

zodclj.jpg

2a7y33m.jpg

x1s7DHx.jpg

Jem's eyes fell on Luro. Such kindness was greatly appreciated though she hadn't planned to kill the wretch with a bullet through the skull. She wanted him to suffer like a thief would - having his hands chopped off by the wrist, dragged around town by horses and finally choked slowly as he dangled from a tree with a noose round his neck. 'A nice civil punishment befitting his crime.'

Alcinoe rubbed her cheek in thought when Luro asked his question. First, she chuckled at his determination to injure the man. "Must have some real vendetta towards that scumbag, yeah? I don't blame yah, they're all no good. Wouldn't even try recruiting that Stella lass." Alcinoe shuddered for a moment and then composed herself yet again. "What's there ta know? I mean, he watches and waits for his prey. He learns your moves, learns your life, and tries to use it to his advantage. But he's no historian like my firstmate. He can only get surface level knowledge unless he's seen you. Bah, but for us he's all bark and no bite. He tries ta play calm, but that kid has a short temper."

Jem snorted. "I can vouch fer that and I plan to pay him back in kind." Her gaze shifted to Alicinoe momentarily but it went back to Luro. "He stole what is mine and I want him to pay." She flashed Luro a stiff, joyless smile while her eyes bore into his. "What is he to you, Luro?"

Alcinoe could have continued on and on about the Red Pirates, not that she wanted to, but because they had tried to attack her crew so many times before. That wasn't the reason she stopped however. A scream of "Incoming!" from a random passing crewmate made Alcinoe look up and step back, drawing her sword in the process. The Stardusk all looked up at once, one of them moving Runali a bit farther back when they spotted something or was that someone comin out of the sky.

"What's incoming?" Belen asked, stopping abruptly in her tracks. Most of her body was still facing Kadi's direction, though, making it obvious that she intended to approach him earlier. Shielding her eyes slightly against the glare, Belen's body religned with her head to ease the strain round her neck. "I wonder what that is." She commented more to herself than anything.

Breaching the clouds was a tiny black dot. As it descended further, those gazing up soon realized that it was someone plunging head first towards the ground. His feet trailed behind, locked in position by what appeared to be a board of sorts. A very bizarre and somewhat worrying sight as hardly anyone could see what was imprisoning his feet.

"Do you think he'd be okay?" Belen asked with some concern for the man now visible from less than 100 feet above the open roof of the temple. "He's falling fast."

Jem narrowed her eyes, as she stared transfixed to the gleaming metal plank somehow attached to the man's feet. At his current distance, she still had difficult picking out the finer details. "He is a dead man if he falling." She looked away for a bit, allowing her eyes to clear away the white spots that had formed in her eyes - a sign over exposure to the harsh desert sunlight. "He looks too calm for anyways."

"Actually, I think he's smiling. Waving too." Belen commentated, as she lifted both arms up and waved back in with more enthusiasm than she felt. She didn't look forward to seeing someone smash like ripe fruit on the ground. Scrapping up mess was going to make them queasy.

"Smiling or not, that's a pretty far fall." Runali watched as suddenly the straight plummet turned into a series of spins and even a flip as he got closer and closer to the ground. Alcinoe's skepticism and caution had vanished. As he got closer, she realized that the air under the board he was standing on had began to blow sand everywhere, causing everyone to shield their eyes. It seemed he noticed this too and hopped off the board, a few feet from the ground. As he did, the contraption connected to whatever was on his back. The goggles shielding his eyes were raised and he turned to face Alcinoe with a grin- only to be met with a sword pointed at his neck.

"Wait, wait, wait!" His hands flailed frantically. "Don't kill me!"

With a moment's pause, Alcinoe rolled her eyes and sheathed her sword. "What do you want Elliot?" The male in the center of the group wore a tanktop and pants, obviously preparing for the heat of the desert. However there was a box a few odd metal gears attached to his back, along with the board he used to somehow safely get to the ground. The most noticeable thing on him was the oversized wrench that was strapped to his back. For some reason, to Runali, it looked awfully familiar, however she couldn't put her finger on it...

"Eheh, sorry for the entrance, but your girls woulda attacked me if I went through the front door." He scratched his head and looked a bit sheepish. "Messengers do what they must. It was a long trip here from Brass Cape! And it's my turn to remind each captain about the-" He glanced over his shoulder at the very out of place pirates behind him. "...Did I interrupt something?"

"Yes. Now hurry it up."

"Sorry, sorry! Here's the invite. Captain and Firstmate Guarneri send their hellos by the way." He pulled a list from his sleeve and skimmed over it. "Hm, there's the meeting. Captain and Firstmate said hello... Oh, who was it, your weapons lady wanted a specific part for something? Got it-"

Alcinoe pointed behind her. "That-a-way. Ya can't miss Ozzy. I'd advise you to knock ."

"You're gonna let him go around by himself?" Runali's interruption made them both look over at her, though Elliot was just as confused as she was.

"Yeah, what?"

"This place is crawling with women more than capable of killing him. I'm not worried about him gettin' into trouble." Elliot, looking a bit nervous, but decided to just nod and be on his way. "Oh. You," Alcinoe pointed to Luro. "You mentioned something about weapons, yeah? Go ahead and follow him."

"Actually, having someone not threatening to kill me might be nice." Elliot looked over at Luro with a nod. "The name's Elliot. Messenger for the Nova pirates and shipwright assistant."

"What's..." Runali watched as the guy passed before she continued. "You have meetings with pirates?"

Alcinoe shrugged. "Yeah, it's a yearly thing. Make sure we're all clear about who owns what and the likes. And make sure no one is causing the next great war. Sometimes pirates can be civil too. It's...It's not something I can really explain to you guys. Nor, is it important." She waved the thought away and looked at the rest of the group. "Go ahead, relax, explore. Until Veera gets your ship fixed, you're stuck here."

Belen, who had been left behind took that as her opportunity to continue on the journey she started. "My, my, you're quite the cutie!" She had so boldly looped her arm around Arcadius'. "You know, being the navigator's assistant, I'd be happy to steer you round the corners of my mattress-" She laughed. "I mean, I'd be happy to show you of few tricks." The woman allowed herself to fall in front of Kadi with a very exaggerated "ooopsie". Her arms wrapped round his neck so suddenly that she almost caused both of them to tumble to the ground. Rather than apologizing, the vixen gave him a saucy wink."Ready to check out some of my navigating skills? I'd be more than happy to flip your rudder." Hopping apart, the feisty female grabbed Kadi by the wrist and began pulling him in the direction of Saff and Tset headed earlier. Based on her simpering, she wasn't thinking of heading to the archives.

Alcinoe scratched her head and shrugged. "I think your new fan club is waiting for you lass." She looked at Alicia and then gestured over to a curious group of eyes, eager to see just what the Yula Fei warrior had to offer. Among them was a young girl no older than 11 or 12 with a sword for too big for her strapped to her waist. The child continued staring in awe at the elegant Alicia whose clothes reminded her of something her mom used to wear. Eventually, the child blushed slightly and darted behind one of her older friends. Hoping that Alicia had forgotten that she had identified the proud woman as Sakura's daughter earlier.

"She's looks brave and strong and beautiful," the kid whispered reverently. Naturally, being there during the battle of Yula Fei, she had heard rumors of that Sakura's eldest daughter returned from the distant lands to vanquish Odyn and their hero's skill rivalled that of their most revered legendary swordswoman, the noble Sakura. Standing in Alicia's presence again made the scrawny girl feel even smaller. She, a mere foot soldier's orphan, did not deserve to be in this distinguished noble's presence. "Do you think she'd teach me to use my father's sword? Maybe that's like wishing for the stars."

"Well Hanako, you could ask her," her friend spoke fondly, ushering the child forward much to Hana's embarrassment. The girl responded by hiding her face behind her hands. "Won't it be nice to speak to someone from your homeland? Surely, you haven't forgotten."

Failing to get a peep from the child, the woman smiled apologetically to Alicia. "She doesn't get to talk much about her home after the attack... I suppose she's just a little overwhelmed to see someone from Yula Fei. I assure you, she was a lot more excited a few minutes ago."

As the more curious trainees began closing in on Alicia and hiding her from view, the group of women whom Ray helped earlier entered the doorway. Their eyes lit up upon seeing their "roguish gentleman" again and the Leandrian found himself fenced in by his new fan girls. Two of them rested their heads on his shoulders while another two snaked their arms round his muscular arms.

"You know, we haven't had a strong man like yourself in a long time," a particularly chesty blonde commented. "And it's been pretty hot. Would you like a swim in our bath house? You and us." She ran a finger down his arm. "It'll be fun."

"Yes!" One of the red haired twins commented and her double who was also resting her head on his other shoulder agreed enthusiastically. "You mustn't keep girls waiting. It's rude."

"Enjoy yourself, Ray," Jem teased as she decided to finally abandon him. Whether he took up their offers or not was really his decision to make and not hers. "Just be careful not ta father a child. We don't need that trouble now." With a brief nod, the stoic woman whisked pass Ray and out the same exit that Belen took with Kadi not too long ago.

Alcinoe rolled her eyes as the flock of women hovered around the Stardusk crew, and separated them from each other. "They're a rambunctious lot, but not to worry, they'll survive. In the meantime, you can stick with me. Captain to Captain?" Runali beamed, not hesitating to follow the woman off, leaving her crew to...fend for themselves.

It was quite interesting to see "pirates" being a pillar of community, but names have power, and out there, in the middle of a desert with only a handful of fishing villaged and trading towns around, I suppose the Desert Kingdom was more than glad there was a group that handled order and kept the place under their protection. As usual, the difference between the local ruling class and criminals was hazy, but here at least they were honest about it.

The flying man's contraption made me actually feel amazed and suprised for first time in a long time. I had no idea how this machine worked, and this fact was enough to send my mind running. It was new, it was exciting, it was awesome. I had so many questions for him, hoping to divine the design's principles and limitations. If he could get a board to fly, how hard would it be to make a small boat fly? A whole ship? How impossible it would be to make a large fortress float?

My imagination supplied an image of an armada of such devices. Soldiers invading whole countries at the same time simultaneously. Instant victories over adversaries, no matter how strong. But I think the reality has ways of keeping too insane things from happening. While planning my world domination campaign, well... a thing of sorts happened, and the thoughts vanished...

He stood there like a pillar of salt, staring at the mechanical wonder that just landed a man safely. from a ridiculous fall. The possibilities of such device were... endless, he thought, especially in the right set of hands! He had to gain access to it, and learn how it worked. He watched Elliot leave, completely ignoring the whole conversation. His mind was completely locked down with the wonder he just witnessed.

Another predator nearby has placed a target in their sights. Suddenly, an arm got placed around his waist and another around his shoulders. Belen swung around him and made herself the centre of Kadi's attention. Flying machine, flying machi – oh a pretty girl making eyes on me!

"Oh..." Arc's face made a slightly confused expression from the sudden change of scenery. Before he could continue, the situation became rather horizontal. Pair of rather pretty brown eyes were staring right at him up close, follower by cute little nose and a very sinful smirk. "One should always keep themselves learning new tricks~" he answered, mirroring the smile. He let her set the course at first, but when they left the more populated areas of the temple, he pulled her close, spun around and pressed against a wall. Before she could react, he'd pull her into a passionate, scalding hot kiss. "And I'm quite sure I can instruct you in navigating... more tightly bound waters..." he whispered into her ear. She grinned and licked her lips.

The two were tired. The bed was comfy. There was nowhere to run. He was a navigator without a ship to navigate. The woman next to him was warm. She'd feel her hands gently running across the scars on his back, a memento left behind by the wolves in the snow. Few moments later, she asked him to hold her close. He'd feel her body's warmth and her heartbeat, her soft hair on his face.

"You lie," she whispered. "You carry yourself and pretend like you're some weak, helpless pup, when the situation needs it. But just when I thought I had you, you showed me that you in fact had me. Those scars on your back. What you showed me here. There's more to you than your friends see."

"I think I got lost on the way," he answered, his thumb running across her ear. "I'm not sure what I am looking for. I thought I wanted adventure, but I think I nearly died a dozen time. Thirteenth... I might not be so lucky. But I've been through adventure, and... I think I imagined it different."

"Do you regret it?"

"A bit, but..."

"Weeeeell, it got you here, into my lair..."

"And what a wonderful night it is..."

"Exactly! Now, as a ruler of this land, I demand a another tribute~"

Last edited by a moderator:
2cehshh.jpg

Alicia couldn't hide her embarrassment as the others showed their amusement at her stunned appearance in the presence of the giant alligator, Alcinoe's words doing little to comfort her about it as the swordswomen occasionally looked back to the creature to make sure it hadn't come any closer with it's spear head sized teeth. Just it's noises alone made it hard for her to focus on any real conversation, meaning she was picking up bits and pieces when she tuned in and out between glances. "Incoming!", the word became the one which broke her inability to keep her eyes from the alligator, pulling her attention to the person before looking to Alicnoe. She frowned for a moment, wondering what she was looking at before turning to see a man falling from the sky on what appeared to be some kind of board. "He's most definitely... what?" she was caught off guard when air billowed from the bottom of the board, expecting him to have been made a stain on the ground before he appeared to be hovering a few feet from it, jumping off a few moments latter.

The exchange of conversation which followed was no more enlightening to her confusion as they spoke, Alicia gleaning that there was some kind of pre existing relationship between him and Captain Alcinoe. 'How strange...' she thought to herself, looking thoughtful as she remained quiet. This place seemed to get weirder and weirder by the moment and considering she'd experienced life inside the 'locker' among spirits that was a fairly bold statement to make. Alicia gave a soft exhale, resigning herself to the many piling questions as she listened to Alcinoe explain about their meetings and how it worked, something she truly never knew about given most of her experience with other pirates had been battles. "I think your new fan club is waiting for you lass." once again she found herself pulled back to the present moment from her thoughts, tilting her head in the direction Alicnoe gestured too before blinking, raising her eyebrows a little at the sight of a group of women with swords.

The quiet swordswomen smiled softly towards them, having remembered she'd agreed to show them a few things earlier. Before she could say anything to them her eyes fell towards a young girl whom was pushed forwards in front of her, Alicia silently observing her curiously as the young girl shied away by putting her hands in front of her face. "She doesn't get to talk much about her home after the attack... I suppose she's just a little overwhelmed to see someone from Yula Fei. I assure you, she was a lot more excited a few minutes ago." one of the older women spoke, "I see" Alicia replied, her brow knitting together a little as the pieces began to slot into place from what the woman had said.

Alicia looked saddened for a moment as she recalled the attack she was referring to, the sequence of events that had lead to another member of her family falling to an early grave. This girl before her was implied to be from her homeland and at the time the attack took place. She had no parents with her, unless one of these woman were her mother, but then in context of what the woman had said that wouldn't make sense. Alicia's expression softened as she took a knee in front of the girl, her hands gently placing on hers before pulling them down so she could see her face. "There's no need to hide yourself from me" she spoke softly, holding the girls hands in her own in front of her as she smiled. The young girl looked frozen, unsure what to say or what to do as the slayer of Odyn spoke to her. Alicia's eyes noticed the sword, more pieces falling into place as she noticed the type of sword and the sigil of the Yula Fein military upon it. "What's your name?" she asked softly, the girl swallowing hard before replying, "H-Hanako... ". Alicia smiled again, "Such a pretty name you have, Hanako" she said, pausing for a moment before continuing, "That's a very nice sword you have too".

The young girl looked to her side at the sword, "I-It was... it belonged to my father... he's gone now" she replied, her voice trailing off a little at the end as she looked away. Alicia's smile turned sympathetic, knowing well what it felt like to lose family. Alicia let go of the young girls hands, standing up as her smile returned a little, "Then I guess I better show you how to use it" she said, Hanako letting out a gasp as she beamed up towards Alicia, the other women smiling knowing how much it meant to her. "You will?! really?!" she asked, Alicia giving a wider smile as she nodded, "Of course, it'd be my pleasure" she replied before leaning closer, "Besides, you're from my homeland and us Yula's have to stick together" she said with a wink which caused the young girl to beam brighter.

Luro listened to Alcinoe as she explained Rin or at least what she knew about him, which admittedly was better than nothing. He smiled at the short temper part but aside from that just nodded to show he understood. It took him a moment to remember Stella and he forgot the captain's name but none of that mattered, he had information on Rin that was good enough for him. When Jemima started speaking Luro glanced over at her only to look fully at her noticing her gaze had shifted to him, catching her question he offered a small smile in return but didn't say anything. Whether he intended on saying anything or not was left up to debate as someone screamed 'Incoming', seeing Alcinoe draw her sword Luro grinned and immediately looked in the same direction she had her gaze focused on. Noticing that was up his brows arched as he noticed someone falling from the sky, his head tilted slightly and the sun blocked his image out slightly but after a moment he noticed that it was a man and he seemed to be falling, at least until he stopped his fast descent with some strange object.
Luro's eyes seemed to sparkle as he stared at the wondrous device the man had been using, his mouth hanging agape which consequently caused sand to go into his mouth.

Luro listened to the conversation between the man named Elliot and Alcinoe, hearing 'Brass Cape' come from him his eyelids lowered a little and his hands twitched slightly. The casual switch in his stance lasted seconds before his body relaxed and he pulled out his rum flask taking a long drink from it. Mainly to try and get rid of the taste of sand in his mouth now.
While putting the flask away he noticed Alcinoe had recommended he go with Elliot, which Luro gave a firm nod too and followed the new visitor. He got to speak with someone who came from Brass Cape and see their weapon-smith, Luro grinned at his luck today.
"My name is Luro Makachi, shipwright of StarDusk nice to meet you," Luro gave the man a returned nod.
He followed Elliot noticing Arcadius leave with a woman, his brows arched surprised at this before his gaze went over to Ray who seemed to be leaving with multiple women, Luro gave a small accepting nod accepting this before looking back at Elliot. During their walk he mostly asked random questions, his favorite food, colors, type of lass, things of that nature until they reached the weapon-smith's place.

The moment they walked in Luro felt his heart flutter at the mere sight of the place, it was a weapon lovers paradise, all manners of gun's as far as the eye could see, decorating each wall of the small area, the wallpaper for this haven was pistols, rifles and blunderbusses, the carpet gunpowder and pieces of gun parts scattered everywhere, his gaze wandered around the entirety of the room taking a deep breath in as the familiar scent of fresh gunpowder filled his nostrils, he could hear the soothing sound of parts being assembled near the back which relaxed his whole being. His eyes moved to the walls noticing a pair of golden ornate flintlock pistols resting on a hanging brown plague, he noticed the gold line running along the side and the silver trigger giving a small nod. Western flintlock pistols that were popular five years ago the first of their kind made by west sea manufacturers, they were basically non-existent now as they stopped being produced. Luro got lucky at Utsukushi in getting a pair but they were nowhere near the quality of the ones in the shop. His eyes moved to a vertical glass case with a rifle and he ran over to it running his fingers over the case, this one was a matchlock and it's design was superb it was easy to see it was well taken care of. It was like staring at a goddess in gun form.

"Excuse me."
Luro turned to see a woman sitting at a large desk against the wall a few feet away, she had her back to the door originally focused on one of the many weapons resting on top of the desk, he blinked a few times staring at the woman who stared back at him with half open eyes. It was clear she hadn't gotten much sleep which Luro could understand, he stayed up for six days straight working on one gun once, she had at least five there. Her hair was a strange sort of emerald color too but he figured that had to do with the desert and left it at that. He figured this had to be Ozzy, she had an interesting air about her.
"Don't touch the case," she said before lowering the goggles on her head over her eyes. "What do you want and who are you?"
"My name is Luro Makachi, please be my mistress."
Ozzy promptly raised the goggles back up on her head and stared at Luro who seemed serious about his request. Elliot walked over to the two and glanced at them as a long moment of silence passed between the three. Ozzy was the one to eventually speak breaking the quiet that filled the room.
"Get out," she said before lowering the goggles again. "Elliot the part."
Elliot nodded and handed the object which Ozzy took and turning back around continuing her work, Elliot opened his mouth to say something but just turned and went to leave, however he stopped as Luro grabbed his shoulder.
"Elliot you should let me see that floating thing."
"You mean my board?"
"Yeah I'd appreciate it."
"Sorry but I can't do that."
"Ah...then I'll have to kill you."
Luro reached for his rifle causing Elliot to back up as Luro hit a switch loading a shot.
"Do it outside," Ozzy said not turning towards the two.
"Kay," Luro responded.
"Hold on a moment! You're going to kill me?"
"Well...yeah I have to see your board."
"So you decided to threaten my life!"
"I'm not threatening you."
Elliot stared at Luro before looking at his gun then back at the man who quietly stared at him, seeming to wait for him to continue. Judging by the strange look on Luro's face and the slight head tilt he seemed genuinely confused about Elliot's comment.
"You basically told me if I don't let you see my board you're going to kill me. I was actually pleased at the thought of my life not being threatened you know."
"Well yeah if you let me see it I don't kill you."
"That's a threat right there, you're making me do what you want by making death the other option."
"I'm not making you choose, I'm just telling you what will happen depending on your choices, if you don't wanna die that's on you not me."
Elliot reached up and rubbed his forehead for a moment, with a heavy sigh he lowered it and looked back at Luro.
"You know it'd look bad if a Nova pirate died in the cutthroat base right, might cause some issues for everyone."
"I don't know who the Nova are," Luro said tilting his head. "So I don't really care."
"...okay what about you then? Killing someone would cause trouble for you right, pretty sure they don't want a dead body in their home."
"I'll just say you tried to assault one of the women and they shot you, it's not like they'll know I shot you."
Elliot stared at Luro who stared back before offering a kind smile to him, Elliot shivered a bit before clearing his throat realizing logic wasn't working.
"Why do you want to see my board?"

Luro put his rifle away at this before pulling out his notebook, flipping a few pages he stopped on one before handing it to Elliot. The man hesitantly took the small book and looking at the pages his eyes widened seeing very detailed notes on the workings of the airships being built at the Brass Cape.
"These are for the airships...these are still being tested how'd you get these?"
"I knew the right person," Luro said taking his notebook back. "I want to figure out a way to harness that kind of power myself, if I could I'd not only be able to make the Coral fly too but I could apply it to other things as well. If I could take that power and somehow place it on my rifle I could fire that kind of force at our enemies."
"....you mean enough to power an entire ship."
"I don't mean that much force," Luro said pointing at his rifle. "I'd throw my arm out if I found a way to harness that much and put it in my rifle, but I've been resa...resa..researsaing.."
"Researching," Ozzy said grabbing another part.
"Thank you, researching ways to harness that kind of power into an alternate force, the only problem was these notes are from an experimental design so they're imperfect. I know it can be applied to other things because Risa managed tp create wings that can lift a person into the air and of course your board, I know she hasn't perfected it but it proved that it can be applied to other things, and the possibility was very real to use a conde...condena...codensd."
"Condensed," Ozzy said."
"Thank you condensed version of it, but the notes I got from Risa can only help me so much. There's no way for me to properly understand how to use that much power with these notes especially an imperfect version, however if I started from a lower power source I could expand on it, and with some experimentation may match the power that could make a ship fly. It would take time but I could create multiple trials and work out the kinks easier using less materials than starting with a bunch and having to figure out what went wrong with each part. I had no way of doing that of course since we probably won't visit Brass Cape again anytime soon, and the materials I have aren't enough to work towards that. At least until you came along, you're board could fix that problem, that board you use probably has similar technology or at least enough where I can broaden my knowledge and make some good progress. With any luck I may be able to create a good power source and it could replace gunpowder, if not that I'd at least be able to apply it to my rifle and use it in some way. Soooo yeah I'm willing to kill you for that, I might not get this opporti...opportuty..."
"Opportunity," Ozzy said.
"Thank you, Opportunity again. I don't want to steal the idea because whoever came up with the idea worked really hard on it but it inspired me to perhaps create an equal if not stronger force. I want to pursue it. I can help my cremates like this too, I mean it's not much but everyone's' been doing all kinds of stuff lately...I want to help in someway too, I keep the Coral afloat sure...but I want to do more."

Elliot stared at Luro for an extended period which caused Luro to reached back and grab his rifle again, figuring he decided to go with the second fatal choice. However he stopped as Elliot reached back and grabbing his board handed it to Luro who took it with unbridled glee, bringing a hand to his face he squeezed the bridge of his nose before speaking to the man who was already looking at every side of the strange device.
"Answer one question for me...could you repeat everything you just told me, I still can't believe most of what you just said."
"...what did I tell you?" Luro said looking over at him. "Was it important?"
"....right never mind well we should leave, Ozzy has to work."
"No....he can stay."
The two men turned to see Ozzy pouting at Luro, seeing this Luro pointed at himself causing her to nod.
"Well that's all well and good but what about my board, I-"
Ozzy held up her free hand and readied a pistol glancing at him.
"Can come back for it later."
Elliot turned to leave but Luro pat him on the shoulder getting his attention.
"Hey Elliot you'll go back to Brass Cape right...could you deliver a message for me when you do. I'll even pay you for it. There's someone there named Risa Passano, if you see her tell her Luro still wants to use her wings when she finishes them so work hard, I'll do the same and return with something really cool!"
Luro turned to Ozzy content with himself before noticing her point at a nearby chair, Luro happily took a seat in it before sliding over to Ozzy still holding the board.
"So why are you here?" Ozzy asked again. "I mean really here."
"I saw your handiwork and I wanna talk with you about it," Luro said. "Share techniques and stuff since I don't get to speak to many people with the experience anymore. You worked it a different way than I did but got the same result I want to know how....I also want Brass Cape stuff from you now."
"Yes to the first request, no to the second."
"Oh come on pleassseee, you don't have to be my mistress."
"When did that become your choice?"
"It'd be really nice, I mean we're friends now right?"
"....let me see that rifle on your back and I'll think about it."
"Deal!"

Listening to the Captains talk, Ray noted that Captain Alcinoe called him a 'kid with a short temper'. Good to know if we run into his lot again. A quick temper is an easily exploited weakness, at least in a duel. Find what angers your opponent, do it, and before you know, your enemy is making mistakes in their mad rush to finish you off. They'll be too focused on you to focus on their stance, or their footwork, or the myriad number of other things involved in a duel.

When the navigator's assistant of the Cutthroats blatantly and publicly started propositioning Kadi, Ray tried, but failed, to conceal a large grin. It wasn't every day he encountered someone so forward. Most Lendrian ladies he liaised with were more tactful in their invitations, and certainly less crass... at least, until we entered the bedroom....

Before he had time to get jealous that Kadi got a girl before he did, a group of ladies sauntered up to him and began gently guiding him away. I guess my drink chilling stunt paid off in far greater dividends than I expected. And twin redheads? Sweet Tankred! Ray invoked the name of the tribal proto-Lendrian deity at his good luck. "It is a mite hot out," he commented dryly to the ladies, "A dip sounds like a superb idea, although I can hardly swim."

"What do you mean you can't swim?" One of the girls asked.

"What sort of pirate can't swim?" Another chimed in.

"He can't go swimming like this." One of the redheads said into his ear. The other seemed to have the same idea as the other. "His clothes...." Catching on, the women had him stripped to his trousers by the time they entered the pool hall.

"No, really I-" Ray was cut off as the group began nudging him towards the water.

"Oh come now, don't be shy."

"Show us how well you swim...

"...with those strong muscles."

With a final push, they all leapt in, giggling and splashing, and only taking a few seconds to realize what happened.

[BCOLOR=transparent]
2a7y33m.jpg
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Elliot and Luro: Weapons Hold[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Elliot was completely...baffled? Confused? Whatever it was, he was seriously on a schedule and needed his board back. That was the only way to get home after all. He did promise Luro he'd talk to Risa, although it may have more of been just to get him to leave him alone. However, he was a little interested in the fact that Luro mentioned airships. He must have not been aware that the Nova pirates owned the one functional airship and technically owned the ones still being worked on… Well. That was a story for another day and a story for his captain. He was also probably more than capable of fighting Luro, being a pirate of the second W.G., but fighting on enemy grounds would have been bad news for him. "You've got twenty minutes." That, he was absolutely sure of. In the meantime, he'd stick near Alcinoe because he was guaranteed to be somewhat safer near her. Walking around wasn't his cup of tea… [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ozera, informally known as Ozzy to most of her crew, rested the rifle she was toying with down and looked at shooed Elliot away."Yeah, yeah." Twenty minutes was more than enough time for her to pick at the hoverboard. She didn't know about Luro though. She then turned her attention to the part she was given, which, with a press of a button turned into a rather abnormal looking crossbow. "Good, good." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ozzy ended up setting the crossbow to the side, still very adamant about refusing to let Luro touch any of her weapons yet. Despite his interest, she wasn't sure how qualified he was. Their conversation shifted to the multiple weapons she did have and an explanation of just what Luro wanted to here. As promised, Elliot did come back in those twenty minutes whether Luro got information or not and took his board with him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As 'silly' as Luro was, Ozzy had to admit she was pretty impressed by his skill- after finally giving him the chance to mess with only three of the weapons (of her choice, which weren't any of the newer ones) in her place. "Huh… you know, I suppose a friendship might work here. Just might."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As the day grew dim, Ozzy realized they had been talking for hours on end. Her stomach rumbled and she pointed out the door. "Let's go grab food and then we can come back here… I'm not letting you stay here by yourself."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alicia: Training space[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not only had Alicia gained the attention of a bright eyed, young girl, but she had also amassed the attention of a small group of women as well. They eagerly waited as Alicia demonstrated and taught them techniques. Most of them were young, a lot of the older women knew how to handle their swords well, but did stay to watch. It never hurt to learn new techniques after all. As the time passed, Alicia's 'class' grew larger in number, many out of curiosity just to see the gracefulness of the young woman. Others trained hard to mimic techniques and then of course...there were the few who just wanted to admire the swordswoman. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Just like Ozera, they realized it growing darker and albeit, reluctantly ended their training. Hanako, with the determination of her training still burning in her eyes, paused and walked up to Alicia. "It's getting late. We usually eat together now." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Cutthroats had a very close bond with one another, making many things they did about togetherness. And as guests, the StarDusk ended up doing the same. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ray: Cooling Pools[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After watching Ray sink like a rock, two of the women swam down in order to fish him out. While one performed CPR, another chuckled. "Shoulda told us you were a devil fruit user. We woulda, ya know, not pushed ya in." A few others laughed, as if Ray didn't nearly drown. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The group came to a compromise, some relaxing in the pools while others sat on the edge around Ray and talked and shared drinks. Out of all of their run ins with pirates, this one had to be the best for everyone. Instead of a fight, despite their initial reactions, they were welcomed as allies, more importantly they were welcomed as friends. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It seemed kind of skeptical at first, but considering the Cutthroats could have killed them just as quick as they befriended them… It was safe to say there were no motives.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Later: Temple[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]While everyone regroup and chattered about, the StarDusk were seated at a front table and catching up with each other on important things. However, Jemima and Arcadius seemed to be a little late to the party… [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alcinoe noticed that her main navigators and first mate were a little late as well. Before she could wonder, Veera and a few of her shipwrights walked into the temple. After being greeted, Veera saluted her captain and gave a report. "We assessed the damage and managed to fix some of the more serious matters. Did some work, got it out of the weird position and onto a platform. The rest of the work may take I'll say… three days? Maybe two if I get an early start tomorrow."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Three days? That's a long time being stuck in a desert. Though not that bad with the hospitality." Even though they didn't have much of a choice, Runali looked at her crew members, all of them there now, and gave a curious expression. "How's that sound to you guys?"[/BCOLOR]

Nyiri_Footer.png
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]

I must have looked like some sort of impostor on the next morning. I felt like a huge weight was dropped from my shoulders, and all the worries in my head were silenced, like some metaphorical sun ripped through the black, oily clouds in my mind. I was happy and I might have been accidentally smiling. I had no idea I needed that night so badly.

Belen was just more of her uppity self. Her normal already cheery attitude was augmented with a shit eating grin of a near pornographic calibre whenever I entered the room, especially when there were other people to see. When she did that for the first time, I felt embarrassed, and might have flushed a little. I was with other women before, sure, but none of them... well, none of them were Belen. I had no idea universe could produce such chronically happy and positive soul as her. A thought surfaced on my mind, speculating that a person this happy must have had something horrible in their past. That it was unnatural to be like this. The thought was promptly beaten the living daylights out of it and was tied to a cactus to cool off.

Who cared. I was basking in the incandescence of a sun that was she. It was warm in my life for once, even if it was for just a few days, until we would leave again. I was content.

Obviously, this improvement of my existence came with another event that completely counteracted the positive effects it might have. I couldn't find it. Every damned map in the library, every sea chart and logbook the pirates have managed to nick off one merchant vessel or other, there was not a single mention of it. Worse, it was starting to get hard keeping my search hidden from Belen, but truth be told, every time I was able to play it off with some excuse and usually end in her bedroom again. I certainly was not complaining about that.

Lying in the bed afterwards, staring into the ceiling while Belen lightly slept in my embrace, I came to the obvious, absurd conclusion. I couldn't find it because it was never there in the first place. How could this happen, I had no clue.

The three days would come and go. The ship would soon find itself in a seaworthy state again, despite what the sand shelves through of the idea initially. Arcadius was slowly preparing to leave with Star Dusk crew again.

"So," Belen started.
"So," he answered.
"Just planning to leave me? How about something to remember you, eh?"
"I... have nothing," he shamefully answered. It was true. He never really carried much around, and most of it was left back on the ship anyway.
She grabbed him and pulled him into a kiss. Her hand unnoticed would slip something into the coat of his pocket. "Just kiddin', Arkie. Stay safe. It's been nice to have you around, but we both are what we are."
"And nothing else. Until next time, Belen."
"Or the one after."

He'd nod to Belen and go find his captain. It was time to leave.

PA%20Chap%2010%20Banner.png

zodclj.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]
et5w5v.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
2a7y33m.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
x1s7DHx.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Cutthroats Base → Desert --> Back to Sea[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Who would have thought an accident, sending them crashing into the desert would have fated them with meeting the Cutthroat pirates and somehow managing to become friends with them? [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There were still the various doubts about their new, ridiculously strong allies, but Runali had faith that their ties were true. Three whole days of getting acquainted with each other reassured that- at least for Runali. It helped that during those three days, Alcinoe so eagerly shared advice and tips for the young captain trying to make a name for herself, saying things like "I remember when I was your age" or "Because you've started out early". [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The others of the StarDusk crew had their own achievements and triumphs as well. Arcadius spent most of his time with the navigator's assistant, and with that he also met the "blind" navigator Tsetseg. The Cutthroat navigator, despite her eyesight going bad, effortlessly explained a few things for Arcadius and even gave him another map. By her knowledge alone, it was no wonder Alcinoe trusted the navigator so much. But by how clumsy she was, it was also no wonder Belen was the navigator's assistant. "Don't you dare die on me before we meet again."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Just as Belen wished Arcadius well, Ozera walked up to Luro who was listening to Veera's long explanation of the fixes that were made, the spare materials that were left on the ship, along with a few minor additions that one of the more decorative shipwrights had added. Luro's throne room filled with his stash of alcohol had been reorganized into shelves (that closed so they wouldn't fall) and as a gift more had been added. "Oi, Makachi." Ozzy lifted one of the many guns she owned and gave it to him. "A gift. I figured, with all the work we did together I might as well be somewhat nice. Ya know, besides letting you keep some of the things you tried to steal. And besides, without your ideas, I wouldn't have gotten as close as I did with that Brass Cape stuff- well, we wouldn't have gotten as close." She saluted Luro before smiling and turning to walk off. "By the way...yes, I do consider you a friend."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We'll miss you Alicia!" [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Thank you Miss Alicia!"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Well, it was safe to say Alicia's fan club grew in numbers. And well, so did Ray's. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Don't be a stranger!"[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes, come visit us again. You and your crew of course."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Saff and Jem were taking a little longer getting to the Coral Pearl, unlike the rest of the crew. "Heh, cute how you didn't think I'd find anything on you." Saff's hands were behind her head, with those shiny goggles still over her eyes. The Stardusk crew wondered if she ever took them off. Receiving a 'tch' from Jem, Saff continued. "So, you're s'pose to trust your crew with your life. Meaning secrets like that are supposed to be shared at least with your captain. That's how you get a bond like the Cutthroats." She shrugged and then let out a low whistle. "Do whatcha want though pirate lass. Your secrets, your judgement. Just uh, take it into consideration though." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Arriving with the rest of the group, Saff whistled for the Cutthroats to wrap up their goodbyes. Instead of the crew being near the 'sand river' that pulled them into the desert, the ship had been moved further along the edges of the desert (which took a lot of travelling because the place was fairly huge). The women scattered away from the Coral Pearl still resting on a platform. Just as she was about to say a few more words of encouragement, from under her, Lady appeared from under the sand and lifted Saff up. Runali and Alicia were the closer of the two, the former smiling and petting the large reptile. "It's been fun, yeah?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Alcinoe grinned and saluted the crew. "Aye, it was! We'll be seeing you all some time in future, yeah?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Runali shook Alcinoe's hand. "The next time we meet, we'll be better than ever." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]With a final salute, the StarDusk crew finally climbed aboard their new and improved ship, waving everyone off. The platform, with the help of a few of those large reptiles, or 'dinosaurs' as Alicia called them, raised and the ship slid back to sea, where it belonged.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Pft, could you imagine having to fight them?" Runali leaned against the side of the ship for a moment and then grinned. "Alright guys! You know the drill. Let's set sail!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]And once more, the small band of pirates were headed out on their next adventure. Once could only imagine what was in store for them next.[/BCOLOR]​
Nyiri_Footer.png
[BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]​

Despite the rocky start, Ray quickly hit it off with his entourage. He started telling them stories of his adventures with the Stardusk, and they began telling stories of their own. After a few drinks, everybody had moved past the near drowning and were enjoying themselves. It wasn't long before Ray was singing for the ladies. They even joined him on some of the more well known songs. As the sun faded, their group had run out of drinks and began heading out to find more. Before Ray could join them, two familiar pairs of arms snaked their way around his and pulled him off in a different direction.

---​

Some time later, Ray gently extricated himself from beneath the redheaded twins. They were snoring rather loudly, something that Ray found cute despite their volume. He went out in search of his clothes, which he hadn't had the time to retrieve from when the ladies stripped him. Rather by coincidence he ran across Saffron.

"Oh, I meant to see you in the archives earlier."

"Got distracted, I see?" Saffron replied with a smirk. Ray laughed, mildly embarrassed. "Their group usually swoop in on the... choicest men that arrive.

"They must have excellent taste." Ray commented dryly, causing Saffron to laugh.

"Well, those that we don't kill anyway." It was Ray's turn to laugh.

"No kidding." Ray said, thinking of the near drowning incident.

"So, you wanted to know about this temple's gods? Why?"

"Ever since I left my homeland, our adventures have pretty much been one close call after another. On more than one occasion, we've narrowly escaped death, and sometimes, not all of us did." The faces of Colt and Danny flashed in his mind. "I'm sure the gods, if you could call them that, of my homeland have abandoned me; the Lords of Lendria value honor and valor, not things pirates have in abundance. I guess I'm looking for someone to be on my side, in the grand scheme of things."

Saffron nodded. "A fair answer. Follow me." She led Ray to a different part of he temple complex, through a large, empty chamber towards a small backroom with a statue of a woman. "This temple actually served as a the center of worship for two deities. This island was once the site of a tribe of warrior women and their goddesses reflected the world they lived in. their Sun Goddess, Sola, was the god of sun, shade and general life on this island, more or less. Bit I think you might be more interested in the other one: Okeana. She was the goddess of the sea and battle. It was to her that the raiders of the tribe prayed to. This temple was built using slaves and plunder taken from attacks on nearby islands. The tribe eventually died off when a larger nation defeated them, but their lifestyle lives on in us, more or less. I mean, we don't take slaves, but some of us like to think we're keeping her legacy alive."

"Thank you Saffron. If you don't mind, I'd like to be alone for a bit." Saffron nodded and left quietly, leaving Ray to his thoughts.

---​

Ray was pleased to hear the news that they'd be staying for several more days, but they certainly seemed to pass quickly. Before he knew it, it was time to leave. His entourage of women turned out to bid him farewell, and Ray was reluctant to leave, not just because of them, but because Nyiri was the first island where they made friends without having to fight their way through. Also, the kinship of pirates was a welcome thing; going everywhere and being feared or judged was tiring and the Cutthroats, likely victims of such scorn themselves, had no such reservations for the Stardusk. It wasn't just the reluctance of leaving a party, it was the melancholy of bidding friends farewell.

I would never see Belen again. Much later in my life, I would find myself a happily married man. My wife would be more than a match for me, and would bring me much joy. I would be content with my being, a man of great aristoratic statute, with children and a beloved wife. Yet...

Yet on the occasional moonless night, when the world was dark and I was sure noone, including my own soul, would see me, I'd go outside, to a balcony with a view over the Bay of Wisdom. I'd listen to the song of the sea, and from the deepest pocket, I'd pull out a picture of Belen she snuck to me when we were giving each other the last goodbye. Years would fade it and the dark night would make it almost intelligible, but always, I would feel like that time I discovered its presence for the first time, watching the desert lands vanish behind the horizon, the Coral Pearl taking me away from her. I realized I might have made a huge mistake that day. The doubt would rend my heart in two pieces, and I would always wonder what would have happened if I just followed my heart.

The large piece of my heart belonged to my wife, always and forever, but a small bit of it was stolen by Belen. On those moonless nights, when the world was silent and you could hear the waves crash against the piers down at the port, it would ache. She destroyed me in the worst and most beautiful way possible. Nothing in my life could ever truly compare to her, and that small slice of my heart would always tempt me to find her again, to ruin all I have build. To ruin my life, the life of my family and possibly even the life of Belen.

The navigator stood forlornly on the back of the ship, watching the landmass disappear behind them into the burning twilight. He was holding a picture of a woman that turned his existence upside down. He looked at the picture and let out one last sight, before carefully folding it and putting it back into his pocket. He allowed himself one last look at the desert before it finally completely vanished. He shook off the somber, turned around and firmly grabbed the helm, and tried to smile.

The new map, a gift from a blind navigator, would definitely help them on their way. The piece of cartographical art was much more detailed than what he had to work with until now, and it had, with meticulous sense for detail, marked every cliff, sand shelf or any other kind of underwater danger. If nothing else, it should allow him to avoid repeating the awkward faux pas of beaching the ship.

"Well, captain," he started. "She sure handles like a dream after the work done on her by the Cutthroats! A very fast and nimble dream, I might add! So... where to?"

Collab: The Captain and @Grothnor

2a7y33m.jpg

28kii2w.jpg

Out at Sea

Sailing out at sea in the peacefulness of the evening was a drastic change from the hustle and bustle of Nyiri. The quiet wasn't all bad though. The crew had a new out look on each other now and their more gathered interactions were that much more fun. Runali took a lot more interest in everyone's craft, although she was already a bit interested from the start. She spent time learning the routes and paths Arcadius docmented and planned to take, wondering why they couldn't go through certain places because it "looked easier", only to find out that, well, it would be far from easy. Runali would then laugh, "Well, that's why you're our navigator."

Being a medic was no easy task either. Helping Jem label all of her new herbs and medicines wasn't one of the easiest jobs there was, especially when all the Captain understood about being a doctor was that, people bleeding out obviously needed to stop bleeding out. How? By any means necessary.

More than a few times, she seemed to have to pull Luro away from tinkering with weapons or sitting in his throne room, but that was fairly easy- most times.

Sparring with Alicia and Ray was always fun. There was no doubt, both of them had the upperhand in swordplay, but Runali had been getting much faster without it. Still, it was best to know multiple skills to stay safe in a world filled with pirates and pirates with strange abilities. Strange abilities like Ray's, in which the captain tried to learn a little more about, just so she could sugest tactics he could try using one day.

Ray had one idea that he was eager to show the captain. He invited her and the rest of the crew to the gun deck to show it off. "It took me quite a while to get it right, but I finally think I mastered it." Ray held out his hand and a bowl of ice began to form. The room began to chill and the bowl began to fill with a bubbling clear liquid. The bowl continued to grow as it filled up more and more until the edges of the bowl began to grow inwards, forming into an orb. Just as the orb seemed to fill completely, the edges of the ice met and sealed the opening and the room's temperature returned to normal. "This is 'Ice Shot', a cannonball whose shell is made of ice and whose core is filled with super-cold liquid air." Loading the cannonball into a cannon, he fired it into the ocean. The water bubbled where it landed and within seconds, a large ice crystal formation erupted with a loud cracking sound. "The liquid core has to land in the water, otherwise it just evaporates. Furthermore, as you just saw, it takes me a few minutes to form the ice shot, and any interruptions in its forming will render it useless. Finally, I think I only have it in me to make one of these a day, especially if we head into combat after. So, what do you guys think?"

The captain was the first to react to the neat display. Having one of their crew holding that kind of power would be really helpful in the long run, so watching Ray get progressively better over time was intriguing to see. "That would be some attack if it ever hit a ship..." Runali looked over at Arcadius when he mentioned the Cutthroats and the ship. "You're right, those ladies definitely knew what they were doing." The captain never had any doubts. "Where to? Well I had-" Speaking of ships, not too far in the distance was a ship waving flags in the distance. Wasn't one of them a distress signal? "Oi, guys," She pointed out towards the ship, making sure she wasn't the only one seeing it.

Ray squinted into the distance, trying to make out what flags the ship was flying. There were a number of signal flags that he couldn't make out, but the two largest flags Ray was surprised to recognize. The first was a green basilisk on a red background and the second was a white flag with a black marlin. His stomach dropped once he saw them. "Well this is an unwelcome sight...." Ray quietly groaned.

"Kadi- oh." The navigator had already gotten a spyglass out to see, but ended up giving it to Runali. "I don't see anyone on the ship... S'not pirates though..." Runali's curiosity and sense of adventure kicked in and she looked at the others. "We should check it out! And if it's empty we can always loot it for extra supplies."

"Captain, may I advise against that course of action?" Ray asked hesitantly.

"How come?" Runali asked.

"I-" Ray chose his words carefully, "I think it'll be more trouble than it's worth."

"Care to elaborate?" Runali's curiosity was piqued even further now.

"I- no." Ray scowled. "I would just prefer not to investigate. It's your call, and I have said my piece."

PdmUtGn.jpg

The time with the Cutthroats almost seemed like a dream at some points, spending time with Ozzy Luro lost count of entire days with ease, which generally only happened when he was working really hard on one of his projects. Granted he was sad she wouldn't let him mess with her new crossbow and he only had twenty minutes to mess with the board, which was surprisingly plenty of time, it was still really fun. The Cutthroats were great too, even when he found out they had to stay a few days he was more than happy with the idea, it meant more time to speak with Ozzy and explore the place. Admittedly Luro did miss his cremates, over the few days they all seemed off doing their own thing, but when he took a bit of time to check on them he saw only smiles, minus Jemima of course, so he decided to leave them to their own musings. He learned some interesting things about some of his cremates as well, Arcadius even surprised him, seeing the looks he got from one of the women and the flush in his face, he even had the 'I got some' pep in his step. Luro grinned a bit at the sight, the moment he laid eyes on the man he gave a small content nod at the use of his free time, he came out of his shell in more ways than one. Ray was no different either, it was easy to tell on those two, since the men made an effort to keep up appearances it was easy to catch just the right flap out of place, of course that came from his time dealing with cheating men in the past and being on the end of it himself. It was much harder to tell on the ones who don't keep themselves groomed, he had to admit though that it was hidden well, he had a bit more respect for Arcadius especially. He stayed silent though and kept his focus on the others, long as they didn't say anything it'd be a secret. He had taken a peek at Alicia as well, he didn't see the same air around her so he figured his previous assumption on her 'personal' interest was wrong, but something was different about her as she stayed with the other women, he wasn't sure what it was but it seemed good. The captain was the captain with the other captain and Jemima seemed to vanish but he figured she was off doing Jemima stuff.
"We have to do this way more often!" Luro exclaimed with a grin at the dinner table.

The time went by far too past and before Luro knew it he was standing in front of Veera nodding as she explained what she did with the Coral, something he really appreciated. He arched a brow hearing they had touched his rum but as she explained what they did he nodded a few times as he had almost dropped plenty of them himself, and he always worried about a large wave destroying his collection in one swoop. Hearing she added more Luro blinked a few times at her before a wide grin formed on his face and he gave a small nod to her.
"Thanks Veera, you're okay with me we're friends now! If you ever want to shoot Kadi you go for it...oh but don't kill him please the captain might get mad if I gave you permission to do that."
He started to continue mentioning the things she could do to Kadi but stopped as he picked up Ozzy's voice, he made a full turn to face her a beaming smile on his face, though it faded quickly as he remembered that they were leaving which meant no more time together. When she handed him the gun he stared at it for a moment turning it over to inspect it, his eyes lit up as he observed it's craftsmanship, to call this gun well crafted was an understatement it had to be one of the most beautifully crafted flintlock's he's ever laid eyes on, and just from holding it he could tell it wasn't just pretty, but it functioned too, he could almost feel the life from it. He looked up at the mention of the items he tried to take and chuckled nervously rubbing the back of his head, but what came after caused Luro's eyes to tear up slightly.
"Ozz..." Luro sniffed a bit as she called herself his friend.
He reached up and wiped his eyes with his large sleeve before offering a toothy grin to her and returning the salute.
"Hm! We're friends till the end Ozz! Also if you ever want to be my mistress I'll always accept you with open arms!"

Upon returning to the Coral Luro promptly hugged the main mast rubbing his face along it slightly, it felt like a piece of him had returned now that he was back on the ship, a long content sigh escaped from him before he started talking to the ship.
"I missed you so much, you missed me right?"
He didn't spend too much time hugging the Coral since they were still saying goodbye, he could tell from a quick once over that Veera had taken care of her, but out of habit he was going to check everything anyway, he just didn't feel like himself if he didn't give the Coral a full exam every now and then.
He watched the Cutthroats waving as the ship set off back into the sea and away from the desert town, at the captain's words a large grin rested on Luro's face and he folded his arms across his chest.
"I hope we get to fight them one day captain, nothing better than a brawl between friends after all."
Luro reached down into one of the planks and went to grab his rum but stopped seeing it wasn't there and there was a small note, picking it up he read it as he scratched his head.
"Took as payment, Veera."
Luro looked back down at the plank then back at the desert town, he hung his head a bit and rested against the railing, he had been saving that rum for a special occasion. He quickly raised his head and and held his arms upwards
"Veera!" Luro exclaimed towards the sky a bit of anguish in his voice.

Luro spent most of his time in the rum room going over the ideas and musings he had with Ozzy, he had set her gun safely in his chest wanting to take good care of it. The next time he shot someone in the face it'd be with that gun out of respect for his new friend, but for the time being he needed to work out the design. He had the materials to make a small makeshift core that could possibly function in the way he wanted, pushing out force similar to Elliot's board, but he could fix it to push it out in a different fashion. There were still a mess of problems and experiments he had to mess with but at the very least he had permanent design he could work on and tamper with, at first it was just a dream and he had gone through hundreds of rough drafts, but now it was almost within reach, but he couldn't force it, he'd build a few and test them as need be. Luro couldn't forget that it was thank to Risa and Ozzy he had come this far, and he was sure he could find what was bothering him about his rifle, he closed his eyes smiling slightly at the realization.
Luro did owe a bit of thanks to the captain however as she took the time to make him leave the rum room, if she hadn't there was a good chance he wouldn't have left for days. The only other time he left was to see what Ray wanted to show them, which was worth stepping outside for, Luro applauded when Ray shot the Ice Shot out of the cannon.
"Ohhh Ray that's so cool! Hey can you make small ones, I want to shoot one out of my rifle!"

Luro started to ask Ray to try and do it again seeming to forget his one day rule but stopped as the captain's attention seemed caught by something, Luro looked in the direction only to catch the ship, he took a bottle of rum from a nearby barrel and opened it as Runali looked at the ship. He pumped his fist in the air with a nod at the idea of checking it out, though Ray's hesitation caused him to slowly lower his arm. He looked between the two as they spoke confused why Ray was so concerned about a simple ship. Walking over to Ray Luro threw his arm around his fellow pirate's shoulders and pat his chest with the hand holding the bottle.
"Oh come on Ray! If we ignore stuff like this we miss out on all the fun. We wouldn't have Kadi if we ignored ships, there could even be another Kadi on that ship, mayyyybe a female Kadi."
Luro arched his brows repeatedly at Ray but removed his arm from his shoulders after a brief moment, his smile fading and his eyes closing as he crossed his arms while his brows furrowed and a few thoughts came to surface in his mind.
"Actually...what would that even be like?" Luro said. "Alicia maybe...no she's manlier than Kadi is... Ben...nah she doesn't talk fancy like he does...captain...nah she's way more laid back than Kadi...Satia...nah Kadi's not cute...hmmm"
Luro wandered off towards the edge of the ship lost in his thoughts on the matter, but he was clearly okay with going.

Derelict ships. Such beloved topic to discuss at port taverns, long night watches or hot days without wind. Seasoned sailors, with skin tanned by seasalt and sun, would tell fables of naiveté one would expect from a child.

One about a ship, carrying an ancient mirror from a far off land. When the ship entered the high seas, where there was no hint of dry land for days, the things that lived on the other side of the reflection would worm their way into the minds of the crew and make them jump into the water. The men would make no attempt to swim when in the water, and would sink and drown as a sacrifice to the glory of the master of those things from mirror. The captain of the ship would be the last one to succumb, nearly succeeding in smashing the mirror with a mallet. He would nearly overpower the brain snake trying to make him follow the rest of his crew, but the struggle over the control of his body would break him and the mirror snake. When the ship was discovered, a skeleton with bones shattered to pieces and a mallet would be found next to the antique mirror, with no other signs of ship's crew to be found.

Another about a convoy of merchant ships. A fog bank would befall them, so thick you could slice it and stuff pies with it. It would get dark, even though the sea was calm and the sun was at high noon just moments ago. The sun would suddenly shine black and red, as if storms of such colour were raging on the solar body. The intensity of the ominous sunlight would always grow, until it would be nearly maddeningly blinding, shining even through closed eyes. Then, a loud roar, coming from all sides at the same time would come and deafen everyone and throw them cowering on the deck, then the light would subside, before once again gaining in strength. Seven times this would repeat. Then, the crew looked up. The sun was normal again and the fog was gone, but the convoy was missing seven ships, never to be seen again.

Naturally, all of these tales were just nonsense. The true derelicts were stories about plagues and diseases spreading around the ship unchecked, stories about poor luck and being stuck on the sea without wind longer than your supplies would last.

Arcadius would pass over Luro's musing without reaction. At that moment, he was unsure if it was intended as flattery or poorly hidden insult, but he was certainly sure Alicia would likely not take well being considered more manly than a man. And he disliked it as well. He actually felt slightly hurt by that.

"Well, noone around to claim it, seems to me. By naval law, if everybody on that ship is dea-" he stopped, and proceeded to correct himself. "If the ship is fully abandoned, we can claim it as our own, backed by the salvage laws." He wondered what would they find onboard. If nothing else, claiming the captain's logbook and charter would be of value. The ship belonged to someone at some point, and that someone might want to know what happened to their property, and pay few coins for the information. More if the rescued cargo was valuable to him.

"I'll steer us for a close pass. Giving the ship a close look before we decide whether to board her or not can't hurt. Try to spot the lifeboats, might be the crew simply abandoned her for some reason." He gave the monocular to the captain before he could get a proper look, and from this distance it was hard for the naked eye to spot whether there were lifeboats on the main deck or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.