Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad :T
I'll try to change it soon @_@
And sorry bout the godmodding

You are forgiven.

Don't do it again. *Gives star sticker*

All fixed :3
He was still being chased but doesn't know what, so he's alittle paranoid at the moment

Does this mean you want to play your Umbra, Ice?

Also, psst. According to all of the other posts, it's morning.

I'd love to ;)
And i'll work on that little scenery thing to go along with my Umbra

:3

BWAHAHAHAHAA.
FAIL FACE.
-gives Ice a cookie for effort.-

XD
I'm kidding.
<3
o_o
I love the characters in this game.
Josh reminds me of Slender Man.

And Grumpy's umbra reminds me of Slender Man..

T ^T

Alrighty Ice, that means you are getting a super-special PM! Incoming.

Richard is bout to blast a b**ch back to hell >:3
-looks at his Umbra-

Hey, thanks, Staci! <3 I worked hard on the little jerk. Your character concept is really cool, something I didn't expect for an RP like this at all. I'm looking forward to seeing more of Kim!

Orly? 8D
I thought she was a usual character type. I never play the confident kind, so, this'll be interesting.<3
Thank you. n.n

Okay. I think I am going to have to make a thread about weapons and rules concerning them in the group.

What I get from how Ossie has described the Umbra is that they're essentially all those horrible little aspects of our characters made manifest, everything they were ever scared or ashamed of given form and allowed to chase them through a weird ghostly city.

Don't think of them as innumerable zombie-like entities that you can easily defeat with some bullets and a bit of luck; these are highly personalised, incredibly dangerous beings that were created at the same time your character died. Hell, they'll probably anticipate you trying to fight back; they're your own personal little shadow that got tired of being little. Then got tired of you existing.

The minute they formed, they added your character to their list of people who's shit they intended to fuck up.

So you can't really blast away at them and win that easily; that doesn't really make sense in terms of the story. They're tougher than you, they're more dangerous. Hell, all they need to do is touch you and you're a goner. Just bear this in mind when writing posts, and we'll all do good; Umbras aren't mooks, they're the most dangerous fucking things a ghost can encounter.

Einang, as you will have read in the original post, new arrivals to Potter's Field after the initial character quota must be new. Please change your Days Dead to 1, or leave it blank. Also, I think you misinterpreted the bit about Haunts; you need to pick a specific place. Please fix these things.

Done.

Okay, Einang, you're approved.

Dammit i forgot that i had to re-do my post >:T

I'll try to star soon, @_@ sorry

It's cool, Ice! Just try to get that done so that I can get things moving in here.

Obituaries have been updated to show the most recent approved characters.

EDIT: ATTENTION. I am not wrong about Alex's age whatsoever and he is totally 46 and not 43. And I totally will not be fixing that the next time I edit the Obits.

Name: Matthew Marlstone.
Age at Time of Death: Thirty-seven.
Days Dead: One.

Appearance in Life:
<o:p></o:p>

http://i43.tinypic.com/2644zm9.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/20u77n9.jpg

(Obviously more like the description.)

Darkbrown, almost black short hair, with a light gray tinge. Medium brown colored skin, large hazel eyes with the right slightly lazy and short dark eyelashes. 5'11", 210 pounds, large build but not fat. Face was handsome, rounded but jaw is square with a small dimple.

Manifestation in Death:

Skin paled and lost a bit of color. Neck has a large gash all the way across and dark redcord marks underneath. His head flaps a bit if he leans back and the blood vessels in his eyes burst making the white almost invisible. During the struggle, he had bitten his tongue so a large portion of the tip hangs on by a thread. The right side of his head is sunken, cracked and opened exposing the brain due torepeated stomping he received from his wife. Because of his eyes, he tends to cry tears of blood.

Personality:

Kind, protective, loving. Trusting to only his friends but others he was wary. Tended to help the less fortunate as well as donate to orphanages knowing what it was like to come from nothing to become something after his parents died when he was young.

Cause of Death:

Matthew was a charismatic man, a father and husband but one day it all went to hell. Matthew served in the military, he was away and his wife was lonely, their children depressed, neglected by their mother who saw no one but a man that could take care of her, wanted by her lover but they wanted no part of him. Matthew was away serving to protect his country but he was released early. It had been three years since he had seen them; he was excited to return home and continue his life with them. They never wrote, only saying it was too painful, they missed him too much and would demand him home but he knew of them. His best friend had looked over them from time to time knowing how military life was like. He trusted him, he was like his brother. He did not know that he was watching them a little too closely. His wife was beautiful, his children were angels. His friend was lonely and Matthew had the perfect family.

He had arrived home without telling anyone, hoping to surprise his family. When he entered, his house was dirty, worn. It smelled rancid and everything was out of place. He heard noises in the bedroom, and quietly rushed in its direction assuming the worst. Was his family murdered? Why did no one tell him? Was there a burglar? He did not know but he needed to find out.

Opening the door, he felt hurt, betrayed, and angry. His wife, the woman he loved, was in bed having sex with his best friend. His children were nowhere to be found but judging by how everything looked, the outcome was grim. When they heard him enter, they at first believed that it was one of the children again bursting into stop them from committing more sins. They jumped and covered themselves.Their mother frustrated, her lover wanting to win them over still. But they found that to be false. It was not the children. It was Matthew and now everything was out in the open. He flew into a rage, everything went red and all Matthew could think of doing was getting even.

He threw whatever was around him, wanting to distract them so he could go into his safe and get his gun. But his best friend was larger; more muscled and easily subdued the enraged man. He had tied a cord around his neck, restricting his air way. He sat on him, tied him up, his wife laughed at him, ridiculed him.

'YOU'RE NEVER HERE!'
She screamed.

'Now I have someone better….Someone who can give me what I want. Someone who takes care of me and doesn't leave me alone with his needy kids. Someone who satisfies me….' How could she say that? She gave birth to them…She loved them, once. She loved him, once… His best friend on the other hand was livid.

'You will not take them from me……WHY DO YOU HAVE A PERFECT LIFE AND I HAVE NOTHING!? I deserve this! I WANT THIS! I'm better than you! You're nothing!!!' He was crazy. He made no sense. Everything he told him was a lie. Matthew was stupid. He should have known. He should have seen the longing in his eyes. When his friend told him he could not conceive it made him sad. When he told him that no woman would look at him because of it, he felt like he rubbed it in his face.He should have been a better friend. But he wasn't. Now this…..

She smacked him, kicked him. His vision was blurring, the cord was too tight and hebegan to see red for a different reason. His wife spat on him, yelled and told him he was nothing. His friend sneered and told him every detail of their affair.

He kept him conscious letting him breathe when he saw black spots but then he would tighten up again and it would be back to square one. In the end, it was his best friend who slit his throat with his own ka-bar knife. His
carotid artery easily severed and he began to bleed out. His wife stomped in his head, over and over because he would notdie fast enough. The last thing he did was hold his bleeding throat and crawlto the door. The last thing he saw was the red silhouettes of his children, crying their eyes out as he stained the dirty brown carpet below.

In Life:

Matthew joined the military after graduating high school. At 18, he went into basic training for 2 months and graduated with honors. He was assigned to go to California to Fort Irwin to continue advance training. After 2 years, he was deployed for the first time and came back 4 years later. When he came home, he met his future wife and got married. They tried having a child, but nothing came from it andhe had to once again leave for another 2 years. Coming back, they tried again and finally conceived their first child named Jacob. Later a daughter named Leila.

In Death:

Confused, betrayed, angry. He does not know what he did to deserve such a fate. He was always kind to them. He loved them and never strayed. He feels like it is his fault that his wife felt alone. That his children where neglected and depressed. He hates himself. He cries nightly for them and wonders if he could go back and do it over would it be any different.

Haunt:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2vl2tzm.jpg

Matthew tends to hang around the paternity ward of crumbling hospital; memories of his children seem to surface often that make him cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.