Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's up to you. If you like what you have, don't let me convince you to change it. I only mentioned it because it is such a nice bonus for your character. However, I don't want you to make a change just because I suggest it that ends up ruining what you have in mind with your character.

Also, you are correct about the languages. Your starting languages are determined by your race, then you get one for every modifier in Intelligence, plus one for every rank in linguistics.

I don't see any traits listed. Are you choosing not to take any traits? Or are you just not sure yet? This is a good place to look for traits, and I'll allow any of them up to two unless you give me a REALLY good drawback, some you can find here but you are not limited to that list. If you want to know whether one will grant a bonus trait, just let me know and I'll either look it up or tell you just from my own thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to find the two I want by the end of tonight.

I decided to go with your advice on Weapon Finesse and got rid of Human Spirit. However, story-wise, Zanros will see himself as human and will react accordingly. Also, my chosen traits are Just Like New and Mentored.

@Jovian

Those look like good choices for a gunslinger. :)

Hopefully we'll see if they were or not as it sounds like Zanros will need to reach his true potential if he wishes to survive.

It's kind of ironic how I built Zanros, actually. He's a gunslinger of the Mysterious Stranger archetype, implying a lone gunman who hides his past and emotions, yet I wrote him to be kind, open about his past, and sociable. Then again, I seem to do the whole "playing against the type" idea a lot, so this could be expected of me.

Do you mind if I make a banner for this? It'll be my first time doing such a thing, but I think it'll help gather more players.

I was thinking about making one but kept putting it off. If you don't mind taking the time to do it, go for it! And thank you for offering!

Already made the banner, just need to upload it and wait for it to be put into rotation.

@Jovian

Does this work?

327087_1036753.jpg

Works fine for me. The red and yellow text is a little hard to read, but it should be fine for a rotation banner.

I keep getting server errors, so I'll have to wait a bit to upload it.

If they persist too much, send it to one of the mods that takes care of that stuff or put a note in the bugs forum thread that pertains to banners.

I'm not in too much of a rush, since holidays are this month. I just wanted to see if I would have even a couple people willing to play by early January. That's probably a more realistic starting time anyway. I just need to know characters to determine exactly how I want the opening of the game to go and otherwise I'll likely be making up a lot as we go along. ><;;

Oh yeah, do you want to have a profession in the starting town? It's a population of roughly 500 people, and so any professions typical of the area would work. I'll be adding it to the list as an optional thing to add to the character if you want it mentioned in the opening as to your role in town, if you have one.

Well, Zanros was meant to be the blacksmith's apprentice (and adopted son) in his backstory, plus he has a skill rank in the Gunsmithing Profession. I would say he was trained in general blacksmithing but then decided to focus more on creating and repairing firearms and ammunition, making him the closest thing they have to a professional gunsmith.

@Jovian

I thought that's what you'd say, so I'll note that for when I make the opening story post. :)

I'll just wait for someone to point out that even as a blacksmith, Zanros somehow only has 8 STR.

Maybe that's why he chose to specialize in guns, because he couldn't wield the hammer. :P

"Sir, how are you a blacksmith? You can't lift a damned hammer!"

"Aye, but I can certainly shoot you, can't I? I suggest you quiet your protests."

I have a question about the format. Will this game be run as a forum, the dicebox, or????
There may or may not be an elf hunter up soon, if that's alright?
(If I can get the sheet all figured out)

Status
Not open for further replies.