Pathfinder: Kalyria (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a suggestion if you're going for a straight archer and don't mind changing races and classes, go Human Fighter because you'll start with three feats of your choice at level 1 (The freebie everyone gets, the bonus one that humans get, and another for being a fighter). Those three feats let you get a pretty damn good start at building a character focused on using a certain weapon type of your choice. Honestly, I was thinking about being a human gunslinger instead of a half-elf just for the bonus feat, but I wanted some sort of backstory where I wasn't just plain old Mister Eastwood.

She wont be a straight archer, I took the weapon finesse feat with the elven curve blade. (where ti applies the dex modifier instead of the str) And I started with 900 Gold from the rich parents trait, Im pretty sure I got ahead with that at least a little bit. I like elf ears...and I already drew out the portrait. Im still working on how I want the backstory to work out completely. I've got the basics written up but I still might change a few things around.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1073896 Thats what I have done so far. Im still running around trying to make sure I have everything on it done though.

Go ahead, I kind of put it there for a reason :p

Question, since we're using 25 point buy and you have weapon finesses, why didn't you use Str as a dump stat? Dex is obviously your primary physical stat so why didn't you put those extra points from Str towards either Dex or Wis?

Also, masterwork gear...

Do-want.jpg

The load limits is the main reason I didn't take any points out of it afterwards. But strength also applies to other skills..like.... climb right? I didn't want to take a penalty on those so I thought I should put some points into it +1 is better than +0, right?

That's true. I guess I'm just more willing to take the trade-off. Also, I'm fairly certain you should have four languages instead of just Common and Elven thanks to you having an Int modifier of +2.

Dont you have to put a rank into Linguistics to learn other languages?

No, at the start of the game, you can gain bonus languages depending on your Int modifier. Zanros for example knows five languages, the basic Common and Elven, Orc and Dwarven thanks to a +2 Int modifier, and Gnome thanks to a rank in linguistics.

Oh, okay. Did you see anything else that should be fixed?

Nothing that I could tell, though I would wait for the GM to look at it. I still want that masterwork gear and think it's bullshit you can get it so easily at level one.

She's a rich bitch. Rich parents trait lets you start with 900 gold.

You can always get it during the campaign, right?

Masterwork gear? Hell yeah, that's why I took the Just Like New trait so I could upgrade my starting pistol to a masterwork pistol at 150 gp instead of 300 gp.

You're not far off from 150 gold now, are you? So you can have it soon! :)

Exactly, I saw the quick way to a masterwork pistol and thought, "I'm too impatient to not do this."

I understand. But why did you pick a pistol instead of another kind of gun? Or are there only pistols?

Pistols only require a standard action to reload while two-handed weapons (like the musket and blunderbuss that are available) require a full-round action. I prefer speed and a slight increase in damage over time rather than a longer range with more damage in one shot.

whats the difference between a standard action and a full-round action?

Full-round means you spend your entire turn doing that one action. A standard or half-round action is the equivalent to either moving or attacking, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.