path of a gym leader ooc

such character :D i hereby declare that Agravain Cynbel's acceptance into the rp is permissable! @Orikanyo

Last edited:
Reactions: Reanimator Buns
I humbly accept your acceptance.

Lyra Knight

Name: Lyra Knight

Hometown: Mauville City, Hoenn

Personality:
Lyra may appear cool, aloof, and distant, but only part of that first impression is correct. She is reserved around new people, and prefers to take some time to assess any given new situation. She may also get lost in thought sometimes, which is part of why she appears so serious. The other part is that her neutral expression apparently gets easily mistaken for her being in a bad mood, which generally isn't the case. She is also surprisingly impressionable, and tends to go along with anything that seems like it could be fun. Though capricious, she is determined at pursuing her goals, even if those goals happen to change occasionally. Being accompanied by her Zorua since a very young age has also made Lyra quite the trouble-maker, though she's also got decent at resolving any problems she can't (or will not) simply run away from. She appreciates companionship, though it takes her some time to develop a friendship (she generally finds it easier to do so with Pokémon). All in all, Lyra is seeking a purpose, and enjoying herself as she does so.​

Biography:
Lyra was born to a researcher (Jayden Knight) and trainer (Abigail Callahan) couple. Her parents met while travelling around Hoenn, each for their own purpose. They eventually settled down, though her mother couldn't be kept around for long; she was too eager to continue her adventure. Her parents parted on good terms, though Lyra was too young to understand why her mother left. She got regular postcards when she was younger, and the occasional e-mail or phone call when she was older. She never did get a visit though; rather, her mother hinted here and there that they could see each other 'on the road' when Lyra was older and independent.

Living with her father suited Lyra for a good while, though. She had her bike, and often cycled to Slateport City, even when she was still a child. It was on one of these trips that she met her first Pokémon, a Zorua. It was disguised as a child, one even younger than Lyra had been at the time. Since it was evening, and Lyra was on her way back from Slateport, there weren't many other people around anymore, and it was strange seeing someone so young on their own (not that Lyra realized the irony of that sentiment). The child was also oddly quiet, and seemed shy yet curious. The little one looked lost; Lyra thought they'd probably wandered off from the nearby port town.

Lyra wanted to approach the child, but they didn't let her do so until she offered them some food. After that one impulsive act of giving, they were a lot more eager to be around her, though still didn't talk – not even when Lyra asked plenty of questions. Lyra wanted to bring them to Slateport, but the child escaped in the direction of Oldale Town, running straight into where wild Pokémon were known to wander. Panicked, Lyra contacted an Officer Jenny, though they never did manage to find a child matching the description she provided. Lyra was worried, but couldn't do anything else, so left for home.

About a week later, she met the child again. She fed them, and talked to them, but let them leave in peace when they wanted. They met a few more times, Lyra feeding them each time, even getting to play with them a bit when the unnamed child warmed up to her. Months later, when Lyra considered the mute child an odd friend of hers, they revealed themselves to be a Zorua. Lyra laughed in delighted surprise, asking it if they wanted to come along. They accepted, and this was how Lyra obtained a Pokémon all on her own. She brought them home in their human form, tricking her father into thinking she'd brought a friend for an overnight stay. He did get a chuckle out of it the next day, when he found out the truth.

The following few years, Lyra juggled school, adventure, and mischief. At 15, she departed from Hoenn, having visited every major city, and visited some other regions. Eventually, Lyra met with her mother, and accompanied her on her travels for a while. Via her mother, Lyra got into contact with a breeder, and got her second Pokemon, a Houndour pup at a discount. When she heard news of the gym initiative in Valoro, Lyra said her goodbyes to her mother, and departed. Perhaps this time, she'd find what she was looking for; a place to belong, with Pokémon of her favourite type to accompany her.​

Type Specialty: Dark

Pokémon:
  • igpRACs.png

Name: Gale
    Personality: Devious | Curious | Opportunistic | Mischievous | Energetic
    Ability: Illusion
  • cDeI9p6.png

Name: Juno
    Personality: Calm | Obedient | Watchful | Tolerant | Diligent
    Ability: Flash Fire

the mysterious lyra is accepted (: @SilverPaw

Oh hi, apologies for my sudden leave in the last iteration, I wasn't in the best headspace back then.
I'd like to reserve flying if possible, and I'll be using a new character as well.

welcome back cresion :) all is forgiven! i'll reserve the spot for you

it's likely that i'll be starting the ic tomorrow :)
try to get in your characters before then if you have not already, thank you!

hell yea lets do this!

Reactions: True North
it's likely that i'll be starting the ic tomorrow :)
try to get in your characters before then if you have not already, thank you!
Off work tomorrow so that's perfect he'll be up

so the link to the ic is glitching for whatever reason and redirecting to the wrong thread....

♛✭♛sir andy star♛✭♛
the world is full of mystery... you just have to open your eyes to see it all

NAME
Sir Anderson "Andy" Star

HOMETOWN
Soulsprite Island

"Well, hello there... it appears to me that I've been asked to answer a few questions. Yes? Well, I'll tell you what I believe you need to know about me. Yes... you must address me as Sir or I will NOT answer you... hahaha, I made a funny. Andy will do. Ahh, right where was I? Yes! The questions, things you'd want to know about me and why I'm here. Well ever since I was small little thing, my parents told me I was a special young boy and that one day I would have a grand quest of sorts to fulfill. It sounds like a movie or tv show prologue doesn't it? Ha! Now you know where I received my eccentricity from. This all goes to say that I've always known my life would lead towards something amazing and wonderful so to hear that Valoro, my home region would start to evaluate and interview potential gym leaders for their very own gym... I just knew this was what I was born to do. Being the first Psychic Gym Leader in the Region. Do you know how that sounds?! It sounds... MARVELOUS!!!!!" **spins and disappears; leaving behind purple flower petals**

PERSONALITY

Most people that know Andy know that the boy lives in his own fantasy world most days; he's quite the character one might say. Though he can be a bit draining with all that high energy of his, he means well most days and is just trying his best to fit in. Unfortunately... fitting in was never his strong suit. He's too much of an outspoken person to dim his blinding light for others; as he would say "All stars shine, some just shine much brighter."

Sir Andy has a uniquely gifted young mind and bonding with psychic type pokemon is more of a mental dance than a battle on the field for him. Some would say he has a telepathic bond with said psychic pokemon but he will neither deny or confirm such assumptions.

He's very empathic and charming; he can make even the most dreadful of people and pokemon crack a smile... or he at least thinks he can. Did I forget to mention he's a bit of a narcissist? Anyone who has Sir before their name has some sort of giant ego, even if he tries to downplay it.

BIOGRAPHY
Born to wealthy parents; Andy's father Andrew Star is a high profile Pokémon Breeder and has been known to breed and sell some of the top tier pokemon in his region and in others as well. Andy's mother Madison Star is a well known and highly awarded Pokémon Coordinator and is known beyond her home region as a classy and elegant woman who brings a new meaning to the Pokémon Coordinator world. Being an only child, Andy was raised spoiled rotten yet he didn't act like a spoiled brat. Surprisingly, he cherished his friendship with other kids and always shared anything he had or could give. He knew being born to a loving family and never having to want for anything was a blessing and he would never take that for granted.

As Andy grew up, he started to notice that when around certain pokemon… he'd feel a odd sensation like his brain tapping into something and communicating with some of the psychic pokemon his father and mother had in their home. Not really understanding it fully, Andy told his parents about it and they had a sit down with him and discussed his journey in life and what he was destined for in the near future.

When the time came for Andy to pick his own pokemon to start this grand journey of his, he had many choices as his father would have given him any pokemon he wanted. Surprisingly, Andy picked none of them in his father's custody. He wanted the right pokemon to find him as that meant it was their choice and not something he had control over.

Time went on and Andy started to lose hope in a pokemon finding him and choosing him, until one day on a business trip with his father Andy heard an odd sound in a bush nearby and that similar tingle in his brain started up after soo long of nothing. Being the curious boy he was, he moved slowly towards the bush. Jumping in surprised when he spotted a wild Ralts, all alone and scared. Andy felt sympathetic for the little guy, doing his best to assure the pokemon that he wasn't there to hurt them but to help. It took time but eventually the wild Ralts trusted Andy enough to go with him.

Ever since then Andy and Royal (Ralts) have been the elegant duo you know of today.

After discovering his home region, Valoro would be possibly starting up gyms in the area Andy just knew he had to throw his very expensive hat in the running. Being the first Valoro Region Psychic Gym Leader just sounded like the grand journey he was meant to pursue. No one or nothing would stop him. Once Andy had his mind set on something, he would accomplish it no matter what. With Royal by his side, this eccentric Psychic Pokémon loving boy will get that gym he's destined for.

TYPING SPECIALITY
Psychic

STARTER POKEMON
Royal - [ Ralts ]

ooh love the sheet set up (: @Justin Sir Andy Star is most certainly accepted!

• Haha
ELYSIAN

"Name's Elysian, oh, no need to tell me your name, I've read it from your Trainer's Card. Huh? How did I get it? That's your's to figure out."

HRqXAV3.png

BASIC

"Initiate Elysian, ready to earn a buck - I mean, become a gym leader. "

Hometown: Pyrite Town, Orre Region
Type Specialization: Flying
Color Code: #79B

PERSONALITY

"Oh? No one would admit they're a bad person you know. Well, maybe some would, but that would make them good, honest people, right?"

Elysian is somewhat of a brat and scoundrel, he's a bit superfluous in performance but becomes immediately pragmatic, or even cowardly when the situation turns less favourable towards him. He isn't above using some underhanded tricks to get what he wants - which usually isn't much. Despite veining poetic about becoming filthy rich and being drowned in luxuries, he's surprsingly easy to actually satisfy and has a very exaggerated imagined picture of what being wealthy is actually like.

Perhaps due to his upbringing, Elysian has the streak of a kleptomaniac and conman. He sometimes pickpockets people out of habit, a skill that he is dangerously good at, but will return the items and apologize once he's realized what he had done. That being said, towards those he deemed to be "evil", he exhibits a Robinhood complex and doesn't hesitate to fight dirty tricks with dirty tricks. In fact, it is something satisfying for him, being able to drop the nice, lawful gym leader initiate act for just a moment.

Those who knows of his past might be surprised at his generally cheerful if not over the top demeanour, but Elysian doesn't really see any of his past as "unfortunate". He treats it more like a fact of life, knowing that even if he acts cold and hostile while cursing the world, it won't really get him anywhere.

BACKGROUND

"...Hmph. I came from a faraway place, half of you probably never even heard of it. It wasn't a good place, but at least my parents cried when they left. It kind of just happens, everyone's gotta abandon a kid or two. Also, psst, you want to buy this silver wing? Only 1 million PokémonDollar.png . You might encounter a legendary Pokemon if you hold it! Huh, me? I'm not strong enough for that, haha. It's authentic, I swear!"

Hailing from the Pyrite Town of the Orre Region, Elysian was abandoned by his parents quickly as he was born around the time that the town began to fall into disrepair. Known as a town of thieves and thugs, the boy naturally took on these characteristics and resorted to a life of crime much like the rest of the town's populus. He didn't have his own Pokemon for a long time, but developed swift movement and great sleight of hand skills. The main trade of the town was the trafficking of shadow Pokemon, which were easy to steal, buy, and sell due to their artificially closed hearts.

To say that Elysian didn't have his own Pokemon is not entirely true, because he says that a strange rock he carries around is a Pokemon. No one took his claim seriously, as it seemed like a normal rock, not like any rock type Pokemon ever seen in the region. Despite that, he lugged the rock around with him everywhere he went, believing that he did see it acting like a Pokemon. His theory finally came to fruition when a wild Drifloon, a Pokemon known for kidnapping children, wrapped itself around Elysian and tried to carry him away. Being pulled up in the air, Elysian accidentally dropped the rock he's always held on to. The rock, however, only fell for a bit before floating up revealing its true form: Minior.

The Minior that Elysian dragged around for so long had a heated battle with the wild Drifloon in midair, trying to protect its "trainer", or the kid that dragged it around for a while. It eventually ended with the pair befriending the balloon Pokemon. They've drifted far out by then, and crashed landed in a series of islands. It was much later that he found it those were the Whirl Islands of Johto.

With nowhere to go but ahead, Elysian was forced to travel far, though at least he went from no Pokemon to two. His old habits die hard, and he continued to use pickpocketing as his main source of income, even stealing a silver wing from a well-known radio tower director. After finding out that he might have actually taken something important this time, Elysian booked it for another region. He arrived at Valoro and heard about the gym leader initiative, and decided he would take a shot at it. Though his main reasons for wanting to become a gym leader is to be above the law and earn a quick buck, he is trying his best to turn a new leaf.

POKEMON

"Hubble and Myst are, uh, it was kind of luck that I got them. Myst tried to kidnap me when I was really small, and everyone thought Hub was just a regular rock - Hey! Don't just drop out of the air like that, your shell is heavy you know!"

Hubble - Minior
Hubble is an unusual Minior, though there is no difference between it and regular Miniors when it's shell is on, its unusual coloring shows itself in its shields down form. It's quite a happy-go-lucky Pokemon, and even can be considered a bit lazy. It likes to pretend to be a regular rock, though that is harder to pull off in places where Minior are more common.

Myster Loon - Drifloon
Or just "Myster" for short, the full name is what a very young Elysian called it while being kidnapped. For a Drifloon, Myster is somewhat bad at its job, being (more than literally) an airhead and often loses direction. It's a bit meek and timid and dislikes traveling in packs with other Drifloon, which is likely why it tried to take up a trainer who seemed like he had no other Pokemon.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the for everyone to get serious! XD