path of a gym leader ooc

Last edited:
I'll give this a go again. (Ab)normal type incoming!

welcome back spuds :D

Quick question though, I was just curious what your three water type trainers were

Moe Thomas
__pixiv_fantasia_and_1_more_drawn_by_namie_kun__2924c95c021764cfce05459def07e9e9.png

Hometown:
Accumula Town (Unova)

"Huh? You want to know more about me? Well, typically I'm the one conducting the interviews... Ah doesn't matter! Name's Moe! Moe Thomas, to be exact. I'm just a kid with a camera who wants to rule the press! I heard that there was a start of a new Gym program and figured the best way to get my first big publication would be to give a full report from all the members of the trials. It just so happens that the
easiest way to get close to the trial goes was to be one myself! So me and my trusty camera man, Crier will be making it to the top!"

Personality:
Moe is an excitable and eccentric person. He searches for the greatest things in the most boring of places. He loves the news and photography, often times trying to find stories. Unfortunately he isn't the most reliable of news sources, opting for a more sensational story than a factual one. Still, this isn't due to knowing what he is saying isn't entirely true, but rather that it makes him so excited it should make everyone else feel that way too. He is loud and brash and ready to interview just about anyone.

Bio:
Moe was born in the Unova region in Accumula town. Without a gym nearby, the only reason anyone ever stopped was to pass through, heading onward towards their next step of their journey. Most people forgot about Accumula Town almost as soon as they left. But Moe found something special in it, even at a very young age. Moe was always running around, trying to find a spectacular story to tell everyone who passed by. At first it began with rumors that held no truth. This caused strange rumors of unknown pokemon to have been appearing nearby, or rare items that could be found if you search hard enough, but all these rumors began to spread and morph and evolve into massive urban legends. Eventually people started to no longer believe these lies, and interest started to die down.

Moe, finally glad that someone was interested in his favorite place, tried his best to keep everyone from losing any faith they had in the rumors. He started making an elaborate hoax to keep interest alive. While just outside of town setting it up in the middle of the night, he stepped on something. It let out a deafening and terrifying shriek that forced Moe to cover his ears and run. This was definitely something new. As it turned out, everyone in town heard the shriek. That meant Moe had his first real story to report on. He figured if he could uncover this pokemon, it could be something new and unheard of!

He spent several nights outside, trying to lure it out. At last he set a Casteliacone and sat back and watched. Something started eating it, timidly stepping out from the tall grass. Moe jumped out and loudly announced his presence. The mysterious pokemon murmured and ran back. He wasn't able to get any more information that night. After an entire months worth of allowance spent on Casteliacones, Moe finally built some trust with the mysterious pokemon. It finally came up to him, where he was able to get a good look at it. It had rabbit-like ears that folded in on themselves, a round pink body, and a timid expression. This tiny little thing was the wailing banshee that everyone was scared by.

Moe started laughing. A tiny lost Whismur that was far from home was all it was. It was mundane, and yet it was fantastic to him. He kept building more trust with the pokemon, until eventually it followed him home without him knowing it. He was woken up by not one, but two shrieks. The first was the whismur, the second was his mother after a wild pokemon ran into their house as soon as she opened the door. Moe was quick to run down there where the whismur hid in his arms. He received quite the scolding, but also permission to keep his new friend. Finally, his own pokemon... Moe named him Crier, not because he was being mean, but because his new friend was going to help him spread the news.

Type Specialization:
Normal

Starter Pokemon:
Whismur
Crier
293.png

Last edited:
I was just wondering if there was going to be more than one possible contender for a type.

Ooo i answered this on the second to last post of page 1 :) I'll take a look at your Cs in a bit!

EDIT -------- @Reanimator Spuds Moe is accepted :D <<<<<

Last edited:
Eyyyo folks hows it hangin?

Ya boi here, ready to give you all that grassy contender who will know yo socks off!

Reactions: True North
This is a reunion it seems like.

A lot of us were in the first round. You were to shortly.

038d2d08167e84c7ac4f4bd1abc0f4b7.png
image0.png

Basics

Name: Flora Kain
Hometown: Small house in plains near Midway

Personality:

• Aloof
  • Clumsy
  • Whimsical
  • Sensitive
  • Clever
  • Bubbly
  • Dependent
  • Protective
  • Closed-Off
  • Easily Distracted
  • Excitable
  • Humble
  • Naïve

• Youngest child of Maria and Henry Kain
    • Mother - Maria Kain | Deceased
    • Father - Henry Kain | 56 | Owner of "The Meadow" a restaurant in Midway
  • 5 Older Sisters
    • Delilah Kain | 25 | Cook at family restaurant
    • Miliana Kain | 22 | Waitress at family restaurant
    • Juniper Kain | 19 | Waitress at family restaurant
    • Sorea Kain and Noel Kain | 18 | Twins | Both help at the family restaurant
  • She grew up in Midway on a small sunflower field. The house was a small 3 room ranch house. Delilah, Miliana, and Juniper shared one room. The twins and Flora were in the second.
  • During the birth of Flora, Maria passed away resulting in their father going into a deep depression. Though he fought to keep a smile on his face for his kids.
  • Growing up Flora was mainly raised by Delilah and Miliana, who also helped in the raising of the twins when their mother passed on.
  • Their father worked long hours at the family's restaurant to help make ends meet. It still wasn't enough to keep them fed and pay the bills. So, he picked up odd jobs when he could to help fill in the gaps.
  • At 5 Flora met Link, he was hiding in a patch of sunflowers when she stumbled upon him. At first he was afraid of Flora but it didn't take long before Link was held tightly in the little girls arms. They've been inseparable since.
  • 2 years later Flora met Koshka, who was fighting another Eevee for a slice of bread. When Flora came upon the scene the other Eevee left leaving behind Koshka. He was growling but it wasn't long before Link popped out and defused the situation. Flora fed Koshka a fresh loaf of bread and pet him while they talked.
  • As Flora grew she began to find a love for pokemon and dreamt of being a trainer. Though as she grew her dream changed, with convincing from her sisters. Now Flora wants nothing more than to be a fairy type gym leader.

Specialty Type: Fairy
Starter Pokémon:

• d1ysfux-c946d247-1641-4f40-bb24-596b401b894d.png

• Link
    • Bubbly | Friendly | Loyal | Protective | Emotional
    • Usually held in Flora's arms and is the last to fight
  • Rddac596d3e3df5117f7b6b3a58bcf763

• Koshka
    • Sassy | Independent | Loyal | "Guard Dog" | Loving
    • Leads the way and often the first to fight

Last edited:
Reactions: Lulunopia
Still here crazy work schedule but my eccentric psychic baby will be up this week 😊

Well, I suppose I should ask some questions while we wait. Just curious if things have changed from the old rp or not.

1. Are we going to be using assignments just like last time or are we going for something new in this rp?
2. Are we allowed multiples of the same pokemon, or can only one person get a particular pokemon? Will there be special rules when it comes to who gets a dual-type pokemon or no?
3. We used discord for the rp before and i'm sure we'll be using it for this one also. Is there an estimated time on when that'll be ready for use?
4. Will Mega stones and Z-stones be allowed in the rp or will that be prohibited?

And lastly, since most of us had gotten our characters done and only a few remain on making their characters, when should we expect the IC to be made? An estimate is fine. Feel free to wait until things or people are ready to go, just a little bit anxious to start.

thank you for your questions :) I'm happy to answer! @FrozenDreams

1. the initiation will be a mix of assignments and quests provided by a gym initiator/s and public figure NPCs.
2. this will be up to the players and if they're ok with multiples. For dual types, the primary type is prioritized to the type selector.
3. the discord will be available soon by the end of today if not sooner. i will provide the link when it's ready ^^
4. since there is not a mega evolution for every Pokemon, this mechanic may be prohibited. z moves will not be usable.

three interests have yet to submit a character and there are eight more spots available. while I don't intend on waiting for every spot to fill, I am considering giving new interests up to another week to find us. the earliest start date might be this Friday!

Ehhhoi7UMAMj4QN.jpg

Name "My name is Agravain Cynbel, a pleasure to meet you."

Age "As of last month, I am currently of 16 years of age. yes, I do in fact look younger, i will thank you for not- Please stop- I ASSURE YOU I AM MOST MATURE FOR MY APPEARANCE!"

Hometown "I have lived in Midway town for most of my life, it is truly it's namesake, all roads lead to Midway."

Personality "I assure you I am most acceptable in my demeanor and quite prudent in my endeavors."
* Stuck up "E-excuse me!?"
* Abit annoying. "Why I never!"
* Quite fastidious "Work ethic is key."
* Gives off an aura of capability. "Having good posture does wonder for your appearance."
* Strives evermore to make that earlier point true in all aspects."There is no perfection, but you can be close to it as possible."
* Picky about his clothing.
* Also pretty picky about food. "It's called having TASTE."
* Loves pokemon "Who doesn't? Ill natured buffoons thats who! Can't you just skip this? It's as if saying the sky is blue."
* Is afraid of ghosts "I'm sorry? Did you say something?"
Bio
"I believe we can start with my family. I was born to a well to do family, not enough to have a silver spoon in my mouth mind but one that had a safe place within the economical structure. To put it simply, my mother has her hands in the Pokemart brand, and my father is a capable investor, but that's truly all I shall answer in that regard. I am the eldest of three siblings, me and my two sisters are but one year apart each and maintain a respectable relationship, even if they seem keen on getting me to be their favorite toy now and again I prefer to remain cordial.

I was brought up as many young men who wish to become trainers are and have many years of experience with working with pokemon, I shall not say i haven't had issues, they are living beings after all. Very unpredictable, and beautifully so. But I cannot tell you fully what drove me towards the grass type, to many reasons are the cause of it. But my first pokemon was Spiky, a stubborn little thing he is, but stalwart and quite strong! Though handling him requires strong gloves... I believe with his help i shall not only become the grass gym leader but the strongest trainer in all this region! And then perhaps the world, if I have time.

Typing Specialty
Grass - "Grass pokemon have many weaknesses, that is true, fire burns, poison wilts, flying types can peck through them no problem... But it is through variety and specialization that they have grown this far, spread so vibrantly. Suffice to say the grass type is of life it's self! Without them we fall, but together we grow sturdier than the mighty oak!

Weaknesses can be accounted for with proper set up.

Starter Pokemon
597.png

Name: Spiky
Type: Grass Steel
Species: Ferroseed
Ability: iron barbs
Personality:
* Unreadable Gaze
* Likes being petted(?)
* Quite good at starring contests
* Likes watching the stars.

Reactions: Solar Soarfell
sorry i have been quiet folks just gettin g it all together, plus, chattering requires me to copy, chatter, the n paste it all again, figured I'd do it all up and get him in!

Agravain is here! With the true hero of this story, Spiky.

His unerring gaze shall protect the world!