path of a gym leader ooc

Tyde is officially introduced ;D

I know I been quiet after expressing much interest early on. I just don't think I have the time right now unfortunately. Hopefully this goes on for a while and it'd be okay to join in if there's still an open spot later.

Reactions: True North
thank you for letting us know!

for those of you not on the discord yet: my gm posts will be every tuesday, thursday, and saturday for now 🙂
with so many players i cannot predict the pacing of the ic at any given time, so im going to keep it going for everyone with no posting order.
i cannot cater to individual players schedules unless they're ok with recaps!

Top-5-Anime-for-Martial-Artists-Kung-Fu-Kingdom-770x472.jpg

Name: Corey Gunn
Hometown: Midway Town

"Hey there! Name's Corey Gunn! Nice to meetcha! To me the bond between a pokemon and a trainer is everything. The two grow together and truly get stronger together. That's why every day I train with my pokemon as much as they train with me. We work together and we grow together and we evolve together. Pun not intended haha. But in all seriousness I believe that together that a strong trainer is only determined by the true strength and determination of his pokemon and vice versa. If I don't put in 110% into everything how can I ask the same from my pokemon? If we want to win we have to win together as a team. I have to trust my pokemon the same way they have to trust me."

"I grew up in Midway town and lived with both my parents. My dad was a construction worker so he spent a lot of time working with pokemon to help pave the way. Which was how I came to get my first pokemon as a gift from my father Timburr. Timburr and I have been together since I was about 10 years old and ever since the two of us have been inseperable ever since. In fact the bond between Timburr and I is what started my desire to get stronger and become the best trainer that I could possibly be!"

"Me and Timburr spent days..weeks..months training together to get stronger. And it was because of the bond that we shared that one day when we were out training that we managed to actually catch my first pokemon..Riolu. It was a tough battle but the two of us managed to pull it out together and since then Riolu has been a great part of the team! Albeit at times a stubborn partner! Especially at the beginning! I can still feel the bruises that he left on me when he would act up in the middle of training..I sure don't miss those days."

"And that brings me to the here and now doesn't it? I heard about this little competition if you want to call it that about becoming the very first set of gym leaders to Valoro region and once I heard about that I knew there was no way I was going to pass that up! Becoming a gym leader would be the first major step in my journey to becoming the best pokemon trainer I can be! So with a final gift from my father..my very own Machop the four of us are leaving Midway town to go see the professor! We're going to build our own gym! And we're going to pave the way for future pokemon trainers for generations to come! Let's go guys! I know you can't wait to see what kind of strong trainers there are out there either!"

Corey Gunn is accepted! I like his liveliness ^^ @Andy

• Thank You
Reactions: Andy
Fire, Psychic, and Grass have reopened!

I'm pretty interested in this. It seems pretty neat if you don't mind having me. Is it possible to reserve Psychic?

yes psychic is open :)

Reactions: Takumi
684058_XnVO7XTH.png

684058_s89rYYOx.png

Standing at 5'6", Dante is lean muscle and sun kissed skin with red hair and sharp green eyes. He has an eyebrow scar along his left brow, pierced ears, sharp canines, and a light somewhat faded scar on his right side from a Pokemon scratching him when he was younger. Many would say from his sharp way of smiling he gives off an Ekans in the grass, or even a feral sort of vibe, but it couldn't be farther from the truth.
(Both images made on this picrew)

A young man sits in a chair, the wood creaking as he adjusts his weight and gets comfortable before taking a quiet sip from the steaming mug in his hands.

"Mm, this on? Ah, yes it is! Hi hi, Dante here~! It's nice to meet you all. I'm not too big on sharing a whole lot about myself, and I'm not all that good at this whole introductory thing since no one person-or Pokemon for that matter-has a set personality given whatever they've experienced in life, but if you want a gist I can try and give one. I make no promises on making this exciting, especially if I get bored enough talking about myself I doze off a bit. I'll still give y'all something to work with and maybe we can be friends, yeah? Then again we're only getting started on knowing each other! Well, here we go!~"

Name:
Dante Moore
Hometown:
New Bark Town, Johto

Personality:

Dante is a young man who's friendly when he wants to be, and seems easy going and approachable upon first glance. However, he doesn't let too many people get close to him and keeps a rather small to 'moderate' social circle in an attempt to keep himself from burning out.

Even if he gets burned out, cuddles with Clay and Daisy or a nap is enough to energize him. That and a nice cup of sweet tea with a hint of lemon. He wants to encourage others to be kind and help those in need of they're able to, and hopes to reflect that in some way. He personally wouldn't call it being a role model, just being a decent person in general. He also has a tendency to doze off and sleep like the dead every now and then due to an awful sleeping schedule.

Bio:

Born to Artemis Moore, an aspiring Pokemon Researcher, and Dialtha Moore, a Pokemon Ranger; Dante actually spent his early years in Alola up until he was around five. His father, 25 at the time, had been finding his footing with the Aether Foundation at the time and since his mother, then 26, was out on assignment left Dante in his care.

So, some of Dante's earliest memories were of white rooms and whirring tech with the occasional green of plants and colorful Pokemon. His mother had gifted him an egg that his dad helped him care for, and this is how he met Clay, he also grew to dislike very bright places due to the Foundation, and the move to New Bark Town just after his 6th birthday was a nice change. He saw his mother more often at this time due to less assignments as well, hearing about all of her travels and adventures helping people and Pokemon alike. At seven, he developed telepathic powers, something few from his mother's side of the family have possessed.

Growing up, he's always heard news and stories of Champions, Leagues, Rangers, and Gym Leaders who've gone up against evil organizations to protect people and Pokemon alike. Wanting to be one to encourage others to do something similar himself, at 15 he thought about it and spoke to his parents about it and what he could do. At first, Dialtha had suggested trying for becoming a Ranger, and he thought on it for some time as he did his best to practice with Clay. From there he traveled with his mom for a few assignments to get a feel of what it was like for her, as well as to lend a hand of need be.

Then came the news of the Valoro Region and it's search for Gym Leaders two years later. Thinking this may be his chance he told his parents his plans and left for Valoro at the earliest opportunity.

Typing Specialty: Psychic
Starter Pokemon:

"This little guy's been with me for a while, and he's really really cute, don't you agree?"

677Espurr.png

Clay and Dante have a very strong sibling like bond. He can usually be seen in Dante's arms or on his trainer's shoulder when not in his Pokeball. He communicates with Dante through a psychic link more often than not when wanting to get something through to the other. Or when hungry, etc.

"I went with my mom to Galar and found this beautiful girl in a train station sort of blocking the way. Dunno why she was there, but I love her very much. Slowpoke are very interesting creatures, aren't they?~"

pokemon_slowpoke_2x.png

She likes her trainer and loves when he carries her or encourages her to do her best in and out of battles. She also really enjoys curry, even if her trainer isn't the best cook, she'll eat just about anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
A pokemon rp?? Is this open?

yes we're open :D