2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Scifi, Magical
tumblr_static_filename_2048_v2.png
Which path will you choose? Your future gym awaits you.

Normal-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

@Reanimator Spuds

Fire-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

@LoveandHate91

Water-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

@luelle

Electric-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

Grass-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

Ice-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

Fighting-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

@Andy

Poison-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

Ground-type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

*reserved*

Flying-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

@Cresion Breezes

1024px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Psychic_Type_Icon.svg.png

@Takumi

Bug-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

@Dendrowo
Rock-type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

1024px-Pok%C3%A9mon_Ghost_Type_Icon.svg.png

Dragon-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

@FrozenDreams

Dark-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

Steel-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

Fairy-Type-Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield.png

@LuluBunny

Name
Personality
Bio
Typing Specialty
Starter Pokemon

valoro daa0a615af73326c1b6817fc8544167c.jpg
The Valoro Region

*town quick reference*
Midway town
Frostland village
Cooldrift town
Glimmerluck
Gravellore village
Twingrowth town
Flowaway village

Soulsprite island

cdf0a69e07f0f8a3.gif
zProfessor Jemila 6df22564a9c192602844c0e21238c7eb.png

"Salutations Gym Initiates, and welcome to the Valoro region! I am Professor Jemila, and with me is Yanma. Valoro is inhabited by creatures like Yanma, known as Pokemon. Pokemon come in a variety of forms and sizes and have their very own typing associated to them that can be expressed through natural or elemental abilities. The Valoro region hosts an assortment of these Pokemon from all over the Pokemon world, made possible by its diverse array of regional terrain."

"You can find me at my lab in the savanna on the eastern outskirts of the Valoro desert near the cracked canyon. Midway town is just north of there across the river. Along with Midway further north, is Frostland village at the north western peninsula by the region's largest waterfall. In the east, hidden behind the icy mountains of Mt. Leer, is the sleepy railway town called Cooldrift town. Below the eastern volcano nearby, is an extensive marshland village known as Glimmerluck."

"South of the cracked canyon is the cavernous Gravellore village with its pointed, rocky islands. On the opposite side from Gravellore, beneath the desert, is Twingrowth town hidden between a row of parallel trees. In the lower half of Valoro, is Flowaway village at the river canyon and extends to Flowaway Falls. hhh... And finally, we have Soulsprite Island where a community of islanders live alongside the deserted resort that is reportedly soon to undergo remodeling. These are among the most notable places of Valoro. I hope it helps you to find your footing here. I anticipate your visitation to my lab for further information about the gym initiation program. See you then."

*progressive updates coming for the ooc*

Last edited:
ddu5g1i-67c5c129-76f8-4274-9fa4-f6cd2559d97c.pngTyde Lamar
fifteen years old
Hometown - Cooldrift

Introduction

"What's up? I'm Tyde. Boarding is life. Whether it's in the street, on the waves, or through the snow it doesn't matter to me. I've been on a board as long as I could stand on two feet. Every weekend my dad would take us up to Mt. Leer for some snowboarding or to the beaches at Glimmerluck with our wakeboards. As for skateboarding, it was our daily practice. Me and my dad are pretty tight and he's raised me on his own ever since well... ever I guess. He's a professional skier in one of the top Valoro ski teams."

"If I'm not on a board, I'm in the water. Lake, ocean, or river, I swim everyday. The water steadies me. It's full of life and soul soothing sounds. It's also where I met a wild Buizel pup once on our vacations in Glimmerluck and we almost connected... but he later was caught by another trainer who battled him before I could ever see him again. I stopped trying to catch Pokemon ever since. I've always been pretty bad at befriending wild Pokemon anyway. I guess I wanted my first partner to be more than just the result of a pokeball throw. Maybe I'll try a starter after the news of the new gym leader initiation program."

"Aw yeahh. Yup, we're finally getting gyms. Figured I'd give it a shot and make history with the first Water Gym in Valoro. Maybe try a spot in the Elite four. My gym will be lit. The best any region has ever seen. My ideas are endless. Anyways, gotta bounce. I'm suppose to be at the Professor's lab already."

Typing Specialty - Water
Starter Pokemon - Undecided

Last edited:
What do we have here?

Last edited:
Valoro Gym Initiate Recommendation

f2ae75e2ba71b53be5787331ac102776.jpg
Name: Pendragon Ember
Hometown: Blackthorn City

Personality: Headstrong, Reliable, Kind, Can show a bit of aggressiveness, but only if he's angered, Can fickle from time to time depending on the situation.

How much does this person know about Pokemon?: Knows the following information regarding Habitat, Breeding, Battling, and Caretaking.

Any Battling experience?: Has fought wild pokemon before many times, but only battled against other trainers a few times, but has shown to be observant and quick to adapt in battle.

Why did you recommend this person?: Has a strong interest in becoming a gym leader plus having knowing the basics of how a gym leader would act.

I've been watching the young boy's progress since as a kid. He was born to two rather terrible parents, both of who are very strict and expected nothing but perfection from their son, from which I heard from the townsfolk. I've heard rumors that they unfairly punish the kid for not following in line with their views. This had lead to some problems with him getting into all kinds of trouble as a kid to which I have had to handle the situation a lot more than I wanted to do and nearly had to talk to his parents about it, which didn't go so well. The elder seemed to feel sorry for the kid's current state with his parents at the time.

When the parents were caught smuggling a form of substance for their job, they were sent to jail, never to see the light of day ever again. The elder took in the boy and tried to raise him as his own as he never had a chance to raise a child due to unforeseen circumstances. While it first started out being rough due to the kid's recent behavior living with the parents, he did succeed in training the kid and removing his rough behavior. The elder even took the time to teach him about many things relating to pokemon.

As he reached his teenage life, he soon took to helping others around town with any relating problems. From helping search for missing pokemon to taking out wild pokemon. He never had a pokemon of his own, but the elder lent him one of his Dragonair to help him with that. Soon the townfolks saw him as a good person, someone who redeemed themselves from their troubled past. One day, he mentioned wanting to become a gym leader, something that surprised the elder. The elder tried to explain to him that being a gym leader has a lot of responsibilities and it's not an easy path for someone to take. Trust me, even I know how hard it can be from time to time with the responsibilities of being one, but the kid was inspired by someone on tv and wanted to try, so we talked about it and when we saw your program in Valoro going on, we decided to give it a shot and prepare you this information for an initiate that we think you'll like.

So here I am, writing a recommendation for Pendragon Ember, a kid who started out in a rough spot, but mellowed out and become a fine person. He is a bit headstrong regarding his goals and reliable when it comes to pokemon and human interaction. He may have some small tendencies of being aggressive regarding a bit of his childhood trauma, but he is slowly working that out of his system. He's shown to care for pokemon and just recently caught his first pokemon. If you ever see a person with a Jangmo-o by his side approaching you, that will be him. I wish you the best of luck with running the program.

71-714321_jangmo-o-by-sushioveraura-jangmo-o-by-sushioveraura-jangmo-o-fan-art.png
Note: You do not have to use this format when making your character. This is just something special I whipped up for my character.

Future Pokemon Team i'm aiming for (Can change at any point of the RP):

Kommo-o
Sceptile
Gyrados or Milotic (Let me know if you plan to use either of them, Luelle)
Dragonite
Haxorus
Charizard

Other Pokemon I may be interested in getting or needing to replace:

Salamence
Appletun or Dracovish
Garchomp
Kingdra
Dragapult
Druddigon

Reactions: True North
pendragon is accepted :) @FrozenDreams
hi love, giving this a revival

Well I think I'll rejoin maybe bringing back Leo as well then. So can I reserve fire?

Last edited:
reserved :)

Valoro Gym Initiate Recommendation

1616097110548.png
Kevin Faust
seventeen years old
Hometown - Lilycove City (Hoenn)

"Hey there eveyone.. My names Kevin.. some people call me Kev.. I'm from Lilycove City just off the west district near the shopping mall. I decided to move to Valore because I saw news on the recent Gym initiative, and I'd like to be the first ghost type gym leader. Growing up in Hoenn hasn't been tough, I can't say any part of my life is a struggle.. but I am a firm believer that ghost types aren't as awful as people say! I grew up playing with ghost types.. from going out into the forest to enticing them into coming with me by the beach, their strange and wonderful pokemon that we just don't understand yet. There are so many stories of ghost types commuting atrocities.. but their not as bad as they say!"

"I grown up with my dad these past few years, my mom passed away when I was 10. I don't worry about it though, I know she's happy. She was an amazing trainer, and after she passed on she left me with my best friends Rowlett and Pickaboo! Pickaboo's a mimikyu but he's not scary, he's just a bit shy. I hope the other trainers aren't creeped out by me.. it's the reason I dyed my hair, well that and it matched my eyes.."

"My goal is to become Valore's first ghost gym leader, and to change people's thoughts on ghost types! Me and my friends are ready for any challenge so get ready! I've fought some strong trainers back in Hoenn and even earned a prize pokemon at a tourney. I'm no easy win, and I'll do whatever it takes to prove it!"

Typing Specialty - Ghost
Starter Pokemon - Rowlett
Current Pokemon
1: Rowlett
2:Mimikyu
3:Golett

i love how you went with the same format as mine, introducing as the character ^^ having up to three pokemon starting out will be fine so long as they aren't evolved. mimikyu should be fine if it is starting as a low level and inexperienced. overall, i like the character, so Kevin Faust is accepted! @Solar Soarfell

• Love
Reactions: Solar Soarfell
So we don't necessarily need to be completely new trainers, just relatively new? And also from anywhere in the Pokemon world? Just want to make sure I have that straight.

Once I think of a good character idea I'll request a type reservation

sunny or midas.png
Midas aka "Sunny"
seventeen years old
Hometown - Glimmerluck

"Yooo! Midas, here. Some call me Sunny, but you can call me what you like best. Surfing is my passion. When I'm not out conquering the waves, I'm usually giving snorkeling lessons to the little dudes. I work as a lifeguard and swimming instructor, but now I'm training to be a gym leader for the upcoming gyms. I don't know much about my birth parents other than their names."

"Was adopted by my dads who've been nothing short of amazing. I love them like the moon that gave me the waves to surf on! MHMM, life is pretty great! Heard Tyde is trying the gym thing out too. Me n him go way back! We became buddies during his vacations to my hometown. He's pretty good on the water. Could still learn some things, but the love's there! So if he's going for a water gym, guess that means we'll be rivals. Not sure how he'll feel about that... but I'm up for it!"

"The ocean is my happy place. My dads taught me how to surf and I've been obsessed from then on! One day as I was napping on my surfboard after practice, I felt a bump beneath me from the water below. I jumped up to make sure it wasn't a Sharpedo, and there was Meena studying my board. She swirled away only to return swimming through a narly wave that flipped me off of my surfboard. The two of us just laughed together when we emerged to the surface. She chose to stay with me and we've been two peas in a pod ever since. The journey to build a gym team with Meena will be epic!"

Type Specialty - Water
Pokemon Partner - Mantyke

c2b4ced28e748c3c89cab0e0a7cd8fd1.gif
"Meena"

Last edited:
yes that is correct :) i usually leave canon characters and places out, but that'll be fine as a reference @You

Name: Nellidae Apiar
Fifteen years old
Hometown: Castelia City (Unova)

"Hi ther- is this on? Okay- uhum- Hi there! My name is Nellidae, or just Nelli, whatever fits, and I have been passionate for Bug type pokémon for as long as I can remember. It probably has something to do with the fact I'm super into gardening, and coming from Castelia City back in Unova, you kind of learn how to work together with pokémon suited for you hobbies. Although, speaking of which, I guess it runs in the family with my uncle Burgh running the Castelia Gym as well... That is what motivated me to apply to this challenge!"

"Oh, this little guy here? That is Dwebble, we go waaayyy back! When we were on a trip to the Desert Resort a long time ago he must have crawled in my backback by accident. Ever since, we have been best friends, isn't that right Dwebble? But of course I'm also here to meet and train other pokemon; the Valoro Region is packed with all sorts of strange 'mons! We moved to Valoro only a year ago and I still see pokémon I have never seen before every day, I can't wait to meet them all! Alrighty, now how do I turn this thing off-"

Type speciality: Bug
Partner pokémon: Dwebble

pokemon rp nelli.png

z46dc174400891027d5f6ea4629f38f7b.jpg
Remedy
Seventeen
Hometown - Flowaway

"Hi. My name's Remedy. My parents named me after the remedying waters of Flowaway Falls. I'm truly a go with the flow kind of girl, so where I'm from suits me well. I don't like to stay in one place for very long, so I've made it a goal to see all of Valoro. That's a part of the reason why I volunteer as a hostess on my family's cruise line, so that I can get a head start."

"My days at sea, give me the exposure to many different Pokemon brought aboard by the passengers. My favorite are the water Pokemon who I play with on break at the pools. I also love joining the Wailord Watchers who come alive when spotting all kinds of salt water Pokemon as we cruise upon the sea. It was on our cruising when my father told me about the new gym initiation."

"Growing up by the glimmering falls, helped me grow closely acquainted with the fresh water Pokemon that live there. That's how I met my lovable froggy, Hopper. She was helping to guide a school of Tympole back to their nest. During her rescue, she got caught in a littered fishing net. I helped her escape and we became very good friends afterwards. Hopper is the one who inspired me to give a water gym a go. She's competitively natured and is a great motivator to her challengers. She'll be perfect as a gym mascot."

Type Selection - Water
Starter Pokemon - Froakie

egg D8jQFUjX4AE-jhC.jpg
"Hopper"

The adorable Nelli is accepted! ^^ @Dendrowo

• Love
Reactions: Dendrowo
hello everyone,

i hope this won't go out of hand but i am an experienced role player. I hope you all please do not doubt my certain action today because I am eating in the process while typing. So much so that i didn't want anyone getting the ice trainer, i type quickly on the keyboard without even thinking of fixing up my choice of grammar and words.It is embarrassing i know, but i hope you all have a good time and i'll continue on finishing my ice pokemon.

thank you everyone and again I apologize.

@Elusive Thorns

hi love, I am the one who requested that my constructive criticism be offered to you. More so to enhance your ic posts rather than criticize what you posted here casually. It was not meant to scold, but as helpful advice to have been taken objectively. I've offered my aid to you behind the scenes during the original Rp, so I hoped you'd know that I'm here as an ally and not as a foe.

Last edited:
So there will be multiple trainers of a particular type specialty participating. Assuming someone is making multiple characters, do they all need to be of the same type. Or could I hypothetically create another water trainer to compete with yours? (Probably won't do water, but that's just for example)

@You

im glad you asked this. and to clarify, the three characters i've made, will be as guides for plot purposes as Gm. My focal character being Tyde. I'd prefer for players to have one character. If a player must have more than one character, those additional characters will need to be rivals of the same type. A player with multiple type reservations is off-limits at this time.

Reactions: You
Name: Leon Lionheart
Nickname: Leo
Hometown: Midway town
Personality:
  • Cold: Due to losing his father 8 years ago and mother 2 years ago Leo has developed a cold demeanor almost seeming emotionless at times.
  • Calculating: If Leo wants to be the very best like no one ever was he needs to be able to beat others in battle. And in order to do that he needs to know what Pokémon can do any use their weaknesses and strengths to his advantage.
  • Attentive: Leo pays attention to details and commits them to memory thinking of ways to use them to his advantage. He also uses this when dealing with friends and romantic interests remembering special dates, likes ect.
  • Never give in never die: Just like his name says Leo has the heart of a Lion. Not literally but figuratively and it means Leo will never give in. As long as their is the smallest chance of success he will keep going. And will only accept defeat if it is glaringly obvious and their is no chance of a come back.
  • Attached: Leo has certain items he's attached to and will never let them go. One being his fathers journal the other being a picture of him with his parents.
  • Opportunist: Leo is not one to let chances pass him up and slip by. He will take advantage of every opportunity even small chances can become a successful point for him.
  • Fiery temper: It seems Fire isn't just his Pokémon type it's also a representation of his attitude. He is quick to anger and flow to calm down. Sometimes getting angry at things that aren't necessarily insults.
  • Show off: Leo may be cold and edgy but he is also a show off even more so when girls are watching him.
  • Glory hog: Show offs tend to be glory hogs as well and he likes to seize the most glory, and make sure everyone knows the part he played.
  • Kind: Even though Leo is a cold person he still has times where he shows kindness and compassion.
  • Compassionate: Leo is shown to show concern for the well being of other's.
  • Loyal: If Leo befriends someone it means he will trust them. And he will remain loyal to said friend until they've done something to betray his trust.
  • Protective: Leo believes that he can take a hit. And if danger approaches him and his friends, he's willing to step in front and be the first to confront it. He also worry's about his friends and Pokémon's making sure they aren't hurt after battles or after taking a small tumble or fall.
  • Confident: Leo has confidence he doesn't doubt his power or the power of his Pokémon. This seems to go hand in hand with his never die attitude.
  • Humble: Even though Leo is confident and will never give up, he will admit defeat and won't even try to put it off as bad luck. He will admit the victor is better or stronger. But it also means he will challenge them again in the future.
  • Faithful: Leo will remain faithful in any meaningful relationship and will never cheat in someone. He may joke but he's still true to the person he's with. He also has faith in his friends watching his back and being able to hold their own.

Bio: Leo was born into a well off family, they weren't rich but they weren't poor either. They had enough money to get by with what they needed. And that's all they wanted to get by and be a happy family. But occasionally Leo's father Lothric would leave for periods at a time. At the time Leo didn't know his father was a Pokémon trainer and when he left it was to challenge a gym leader. His father amassed a great record with only five loses. Winning multiple gym badges he expressed to his wife Leone he wished to open a gym of his own, so he could continue doing what he loved while being close to his family. And he heard of a new gym opening in a nearby town being run by a old friend of his. So he set out to challenge his friend and maybe see what it took to open up his very own gym.

Lothric never returned, after about a month his body was found it turns out he was struck by lighting during a storm. Leone and Leo would be sad by this lose but life goes on. Leone figures her son would carry his fathers passion and love for Pokémon so she gave him books on Pokémon and even Lothric old Pokédex. And she was right Leo carried his fathers love and passion for Pokémon especially in fire types much like his fathers team. Which had both a Ninetails and Flareon as staple members.

At this point Leo decided he'd get a Pokémon team just like his fathers and was determined to get both a Ninetails and Flareon as well. When Leo was around 12 his mom caught some kind of sickness that doctors had no cure for and over the next six months his mom just getting weaker and weaker until she eventually passed away. Leo's grandmother lived far away so she couldn't take him in what she could do was send him money. Which he used to get food, water and cloths. Recently he found his fathers journal where he talked about getting a gym. And that put the desire in his heart. Leo would create the Gym his father envisioned. Leo would create the Lionheart gym.

type speciality: Fire
Pokémon:

1. Sizzlipede (Scorch): Scorch is Leo first Pokémon and they formed a bound. Besides being different personality wise. Scorch is anti social and tends to not interact much with other Pokémon. But when it comes to battle Scorch is more then eager to get in there and turn the heat up.
  2. Vulpix (Starr): Starr was Leo second Pokémon and he didn't really intend on getting her. But he heard what sounded like a Vulpix crying for help and it lead him to a Vulpix who had its head stuck in a jar. After helping the girl out and feeding her, the Vulpix followed him around seeing him as a friend and willingly joined his team. Starr is more of a happy little girl and would rather cuddle and get attention then fight but she will do as Leo said because in the end she will make the one that saved her happy. And after a good fight Leo will give her belly rubs.
  3. Torchic (Blaze): A new edition to Leo's team. Scorch was able to beat Torchic in a battle making him Leo third Pokémon. He still doesn't know much about Blaze yet. But the couple times Leo let him out. He would perch instead on Leo shoulder and nip at his hair in order to annoy Leo.

Attachments

• 58626813-7747-467E-A26C-838198FA9190.jpeg
    58626813-7747-467E-A26C-838198FA9190.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 5