Path of a Gym Leader OOC

I just finished reading you guys's character introductions so far and I love every single one already ☺

Reactions: Nim
@Enthriper I'm sure we can set up a scenario where Ashely can hold Gummy. Considering she's committed enough to stalk across town for it xD

@Hecatty lmaoo heck yeah. im excited

Reactions: Hecatty
Moe Thomas
__pixiv_fantasia_and_1_more_drawn_by_namie_kun__60fa61b45c61a3fb9a6b9ab74a890427.png

"Trust me, there's plenty interesting in the mundane!"

Hometown:
Accumula Town

Personality:
Moe is an excitable and eccentric person. He searches for the greatest things in the most poring of places. He loves the news and photography, often times trying to find stories. Unfortunately he isn't the most reliable of news sources, opting for a more sensational story than a factual one. Still, this isn't due to knowing what he is saying isn't entirely true, but rather that it makes him so excited it should make everyone else feel that way too. He is loud and brash and ready to interview just about anyone.

Bio:
Moe was born in the Unova region in Accumula town. Without a gym nearby, the only reason anyone ever stopped was to pass through, heading onward towards their next step of their journey. Most people forgot about Accumula Town almost as soon as they left. But Moe found something special in it, even at a very young age. Moe was always running around, trying to find a spectacular story to tell everyone who passed by. At first it began with rumors that held no truth. This caused strange rumors of unknown pokemon to have been appearing nearby, or rare items that could be found if you search hard enough, but all these rumors began to spread and morph and evolve into massive urban legends. Eventually people started to no longer believe these lies, and interest started to die down.

Moe, finally glad that someone was interested in his favorite place, tried his best to keep everyone from losing any faith they had in the rumors. He started making an elaborate hoax to keep interest alive. While just outside of town setting it up in the middle of the night, he stepped on something. It let out a deafening and terrifying shriek that forced Moe to cover his ears and run. This was definitely something new. As it turned out, everyone in town heard the shriek. That meant Moe had his first real story to report on. He figured if he could uncover this pokemon, it could be something new and unheard of!

He spent several nights outside, trying to lure it out. At last he set a Casteliacone and sat back and watched. Something started eating it, timidly stepping out from the tall grass. Moe jumped out and loudly announced his presence. The mysterious pokemon murmured and ran back. He wasn't able to get any more information that night. After an entire months worth of allowance spent on Casteliacones, Moe finally built some trust with the mysterious pokemon. It finally came up to him, where he was able to get a good look at it. It had rabbit-like ears that folded in on themselves, a round pink body, and a timid expression. This tiny little thing was the wailing banshee that everyone was scared by.

Moe started laughing. A tiny lost Whismur that was far from home was all it was. It was mundane, and yet it was fantastic to him. He kept building more trust with the pokemon, until eventually it followed him home without him knowing it. He was woken up by not one, ut two shrieks. The first was the whismur, the second was his mother after a wild pokemon ran into their house as soon as she opened the door. Moe was quick to run down there where the whismur hid in his arms. He received quite the scolding, but also permission to keep his new friend. Finally his own pokemon, Moe named him Crier, not because he was being mean, but because his new friend was going to help him spread the news.

Type Specialization:
Normal

Starter Pokemon:
Whismur
Crier
293.png

Last edited:
Reactions: True North
Hey guys! So my very next post is not my official reply don't worry.
It's just to introduce the lovely Governess 😅 for plot purposes (:

I will take a look at Moe's character sheet shortly! @Reanimator Spuds

@Luelle that poor Eevee deserves better and I will do everything in my power to give that Eevee the love it deserves. 'It's not shiny', tsk tsk. (Very nice setup though! The introduction makes it very clear what kind of prick person that Governess is.)

• Thank You
As an avid shiny hunter I understand, but like, you can't just use video game morality like that.

*endlessly grinds shellder and staryu for their held items to sell*

• Haha
Oh poor Leola, she's completely misunderstood! x3 hehhe joke

'Misunderstood', mhm sure sure xD

• Haha
Maybe we can make lists with Pokemon we would potentially want and see if there's conflicts?
So, I for one thought this idea was great to prevent any potential issues down the line. So, I made a list of potential candidates for my team.
Abra, Chimecho, Drowzy, Elgyem, Spoink
Natu, Ralts
Baltoy, Girafarig, Meditite, Slowpoke
Adding in my starter Munna, I could fill out a roster with pure Psychic Types and be content. So, by all means, if anybody is interested in Natu or Ralts despite it being a primary Psychic Type just ask. I'm sure we can come to an agreement! I don't bite~ As for the secondary Psychic Types, let me know whether or not I can use them! I'd also love the idea of setting up a scene where Pokémon are traded, so maybe we can incorporate that as well.

I'm for this idea (:

I will try and get a reply up some time today, but I will also provide mine. Though I doubt there will be any conflict with mine.

Whismur(Exploud), Porygon-z, Zangoose, Kangaskhan, Snorlax, Ambipom

Wigglytuff, Chatot

Heliolisk, Raticate (Alolan)

• Thank You
How does everyone feel about 3v3 for battles? "That way we have more to react with, and more to try to plan for and it offers unique kinds of team attacks." (While also aiding battle post length and duration) This suggested by @LoveandHate91 who will be joining us :)

Reactions: Hecatty
I'm for this idea! It opens the doors to more creative battles and I cannot wait for it~

The only Pokemon as of now that I have my eye on that has a secondary of electric would be Lanturn. Would that be ok? If you really wanted Lanturn I can find an alternative. @Mad Captain Kazu

Howdy Governness I could totally take that eevee off your hands for you lol.

3 on 3 battles sound fun, not really sure how it would play out.

But anyways, here's my evil schemes.
Absol, Eevee (Umbreon)

Deino, Pawniard, Impidimp, Vullaby

Alolan Grimer, Carvanha, Seedot (Shiftree), Morpeko, Larvitar (Tyranitar)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Well, here's my list

Haha these don't exist...Klinklang

Skarmory (Celasteela if ultra beasts are fine), Metagross, Aegislash (or eviolite doublade), Klefki, Duraludon

Dhelmise (I know it's not actually steel type but I love it ok), Empoleaon, Excadrill, Ferrothorn (kartana if ultra beasts are fine), Togedemaru, Scizor, Escavalier, Stunfisk (Galar)

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Guess I should toss mine out. I've only listed the final evos.
Most of the pure bugs are cocoons or 1st evo

Beedrill, Yanmega, Scizor, Galvantula, Crustle, Scolipede, Parasect

Araquanid, Frosmoth, Centiskorch
On a side note, I'm glad to see Lanturn getting some love :)
Edit: added one more, but low priority so don't worry

Last edited:
Well, I already took the only none-Legendary Pure Flying pokemon there is... So I can only go from Primary and below, and the Primary list is also very short. Not to mention, the final evolution of Rookidee is Primary Flying and not pure so yeah :P

Not really feeling like Cramorant. So Only other Primary Flying option is Noibat/Noivern (Flying/Dragon)

(All of the listed ones with evolutions are the 1st evolution, but stay Secondary Flying the whole way)
Scyther, Murkrow, Gilgar, Sigilyph, Rufflet, Archeops, Tropius, Fletchling