Path of a Gym Leader OOC

I will try to get my post up here in a bit. Sorry for the delay

• Thank You
Reactions: True North
We could also do something like showdown with the knowledge that we're just playing around casually with mono type teams, but that adds a whole other element to things

Well first Showdown is only 4 moves which we established we're not doing.

Tripe battles exist on Showdown but only up to gen 5 Pokemon.

And some people are probably less familiar to actual competitive battling than others, like, that stuff is dense

I like Showdown, but we might not want to steer too far away from the actual roleplaying.
We'll figure out something that we all think is fair. I appreciate you guys's help (:

@Luelle I can wait for the next cycle to make it easier

I've never really done competitive and have no regard whatsoever for team composition aside from "Do I have a variety of types covered? Do I like these Pokemon?", with the latter taking priority, so I'll be leaving any and all technical talk to you guys lol

I picked spiritomb because it can hide in the rock like a turtle and that amused me greatly.

The one good thing about timezones is having a nice read when waking up. Such a lively chat! Also, to put in my two cents, I'd definitely prefer a rng/dice system over showdown. And for plot specific purposes we could always discuss the outcome beforehand. There are definitely some fights I'd want to lose for the sake of character development.

Oh, and good [insert time of day] to everyone!

Reactions: Hecatty
Should we have a master post that links to all the CSs? It's getting tedious to find them one by one.

I can include a cast list in the Ooc with all of the character sheets linked (:

Cast list added :D
On a side note, this sounds horrible, but I swear I saw Ashley's last name as Corona 😅

Reactions: Justsomeguy
It was corona

• Haha
I'm currently away from my lap top but will have it back later today so I should have a post up later today!

Reactions: Justsomeguy
Almost done with my guy. Just need to add in the bio, starter Pokémon and get a picture for him and he'll be ready to go.

Name: Leon Lionheart

Nickname:Leo

Hometown: Leoluna

Personality:

Cold: Due to losing his father 8 years ago and mother 2 years ago Leo has developed a cold demeanor almost seeming emotionless at times.

Calculating: If Leo wants to be the very best like no one ever was he needs to be able to beat others in battle. And in order to do that he needs to know what Pokémon can do any use their weaknesses and strengths to his advantage.

Attentive: Leo pays attention to details and commits them to memory thinking of ways to use them to his advantage. He also uses this when dealing with friends and romantic interests remembering special dates, likes ect.

Never give in never die: Just like his name says Leo has the heart of a Lion. Not literally but figuratively and it means Leo will never give in. As long as their is the smallest chance of success he will keep going. And will only accept defeat if it is glaringly obvious and their is no chance of a come back.

Attached: Leo has certain items he's attached to and will never let them go. One being his fathers journal the other being a picture of him with his parents.

Opportunist: Leo is not one to let chances pass him up and slip by. He will take advantage of every opportunity even small chances can become a successful point for him.

Fiery temper: It seems Fire isn't just his Pokémon type it's also a representation of his attitude. He is quick to anger and flow to calm down. Sometimes getting angry at things that aren't necessarily insults.

Show off: Leo may be cold and edgy but he is also a show off even more so when girls are watching him.

Glory hog: Show offs tend to be glory hogs as well and he likes to seize the most glory, and make sure everyone knows the part he played.

Kind: Even though Leo is a cold person he still has times where he shows kindness and compassion.

Compassion: Leo is shown to show concern for the well being of other's.

Loyal: If Leo befriends someone it means he will trust them. And he will remain loyal to said friend until they've done something to betray his trust.

Protective: Leo believes that he can take a hit. And if danger approaches him and his friends, he's willing to step in front and be the first to confront it. He also worry's about his friends and Pokémon's making sure they aren't hurt after battles or after taking a small tumble or fall.

Confident: Leo has confidence he doesn't doubt his power or the power of his Pokémon. This seems to go hand in hand with his never die attitude.

Humble: Even though Leo is confident and will never give up, he will admit defeat and won't even try to put it off as bad luck. He will admit the victor is better or stronger. But it also means he will challenge them again in the future.

Faithful: Leo will remain faithful in any meaningful relationship and will never cheat in someone. He may joke but he's still true to the person he's with. He also has faith in his friends watching his back and being able to hold their own.

Bio: Leo was born into a well off family, they weren't rich but they weren't poor either. They had enough money to get by with what they needed. And that's all they wanted to get by and be a happy family. But occasionally Leo's father Lothric would leave for periods at a time. At the time Leo didn't know his father was a Pokémon trainer and when he left it was to challenge a gym leader. His father amassed a great record with only five loses. Winning multiple gym badges he expressed to his wife Leone he wished to open a gym of his own, so he could continue doing what he loved while being close to his family. And he heard of a new gym opening in a nearby town being run by a old friend of his. So he set out to challenge his friend and maybe see what it took to open up his very own gym. Leon never returned, after about a month his body was found it turns out he was struck by lighting during a storm. Leone and Leo would be sad by this lose but life goes on. Leone figures her son would carry his fathers passion and love for Pokémon so she gave him books on Pokémon and even Lothric old Pokédex. And she was right Leo carried his fathers love and passion for Pokémon especially in fire types much like his fathers team. Which had both a Ninetails and Flareon as staple members. At this point Leo decided he'd get a Pokémon team just like his fathers and was determined to get both a Ninetails and Flareon as well. When Leo was around 12 his mom caught some kind of sickness that doctors had no cure for and over the next six months his mom just getting weaker and weaker until she eventually passed away. Leo's grandmother lived far away so she couldn't take him in what she could do was send him money. Which he used to get food, water and cloths. Recently he found his fathers journal where he talked about getting a gym. And that put the desire in his heart. Leo would create the Gym his father envisioned. Leo would create the Lionheart gym.

type speciality: Fire

Starter Pokémon:

Sizzlipede (Scorch)

Scorch is Leo first Pokémon and they formed a bound. Besides being different personality wise. Scorch is anti social and tends to not interact much with other Pokémon. But when it comes to battle Scorch is more then eager to get in there and turn the heat up.

Attachments

• C6615BFC-D77C-46E5-A7B3-F871F3BE63C8.png
    C6615BFC-D77C-46E5-A7B3-F871F3BE63C8.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 8EBE54CC-386C-42D5-ADE4-B1A5F5BF978C.jpeg
    8EBE54CC-386C-42D5-ADE4-B1A5F5BF978C.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Fire Pokémon

Sizzlipede(Scorch) later centiscorch

Vulpix(Star) later Ninetails