Part of the Pack

Taking another bite she took her time to chew and swallow "It got broken. After that I moved to the city, figured why not? And took my chances. I only had twenty dollars on me. It was very stupid of me, but I was sixteen and didn't know any better." with a shrug of her shoulders she took another bite, groaning at how tasty it was.

He took another bite, chewing thoughtfully. "Then I wish we crossed paths sooner." He said after swallowing. He took a moment to eat some fries. "I hate knowing there are people in my territory that need help...I mean, the third floor wasn't put together yet, I don't think, when you were 16...but still...I would have done something..."

"I was sixteen five years ago... Honestly, I probably would have declined heavily." she took a sip of her soda and leaned back into her seat "I grew up taking care of myself and I still do." giving a shrug she just smiled "You get used to it, you learn a lot more than one would having someone else is teaching them."

"Oh, so I'm only a couple years older than you then." He smiled and nodded. "While I agree with that, you should still always have back up for when the shit really hits the fan. And you do now. Whether you want it or not. If you're ever in trouble that you can't get yourself out of, you do have us to call on."

She arched a 'brow, she was going to decline the help but she knew there would be no way out of it anyway. "How old are you? Twenty-six?" she couldn't tell just by looking at him, he looked strong and rigid, which did make him look a bit older in her eyes but she could never tell. "I turn twenty-two this year, I think." her lips pursed in thought and then gave a shrug "Eh, twenty something."

"I just turned 25. I think." He shrugged. "I honestly don't keep track. It isn't a big deal to me." He finished his hamburger and smiled at her. "So, I don't want this to count as our date. I was thinking our date would be something more like...Olive Garden or something..."

A blush formed on her cheeks "Oh... I thought..." she bit her lip not wanting to admit she'd never been to a restaurant like the Olive Garden, "Okay. So... What would this be?" she asked pointing to the table, meaning them eating together. "I'm starting to get confused."

"This, I'm considering a Try-Out-Date." He laughed. He shrugged afterwards though. "I don't know. Dinner with a friend? Next time, you'll go up a notch." He smirked. He was still pretty confident in everything. He almost always was.

"People do try-out dates here?" a confused expression cross her face "The city really is a lot different..." she mumbled propping her elbow up onto the table and rest her chin into her palm with a soft huff. "So are all of the dates a try-out? Are there other girls?" she couldn't help but ask, she wanted to know if he was calling this a try-out.

"The only girl I'm around is Ulfa." He laughed. "And...well...she's like a sister to me. I think she might be a cousin. I'm really not sure...so no, there are no other girls. And I'm only calling this date a try-out because I wanted an excuse to take you out someplace else on a different night." He smirked, sticking his tongue out at her playfully.

She gave a slight nod against her palm "Ah, okay then, my apologies." she straightened up as the blush darkened on her cheeks as she glances out of the window at passersby "Its getting late... I should probably head home soon, I have to get up early for work." she smiles up at him "This was actually fun. Going to the community center, having diner with you, best time I've had in awhile."

He grinned. "I'm glad." He stood up. "You should let me drive you home though. Now that you know you aren't going to die just from touching the bike." He smirked at her and offered her his hand. "Come on. It'll be much nicer and you know it. And I promise I'll still drive all nice and slow."

Giggles taking his hand as she stood up "Alright." as they walked to his bike she thought it over, "You don't have to. I can walk it from here." she didn't want him to see where she lived, then again she didn't know they he probably already did. "Its only a third minute walk from here and its nice and warm out at the moment." she gave a smile "But thank you for the offer."

"If I don't drive you home, how am I supposed to pick you up for our date?" He asked with a charming, roguish smile. He got on his bike and took off his jacket, holding it out for her. "Come on...please?"

She blinked, he was right "Well, um... You could pick me up from work. You already know where that is, so problem solved." she smiles and leans forward placing a kiss to his cheek "Thank you, though. I had a great... try-out date with you." she waved goodbye as she crossed the street to the other sidewalk.

He touched his cheek and watched her walk off. Damn...she was pretty hard to get...He smiled and pulled his jacket back on. He revved his engine and took off with a roar, blowing past her and picking the bike up off its front wheel just to show off. He put it back down, turned a corner, and shot off to let off some steam driving. It wasn't bad steam. He was excited. She had actually agreed on the date! That was awesome!

Laughing as he popped a wheelly and sped off, she couldn't help but find it cute that he was showing off to her. On the walk home a smile couldn't break from her lips, it was the best day she had in since she got to the city. After the thirty minute walk home, it only felt like five with her mind swimming from the day and the date soon to come. Going into her apartment she leaned back against the door with a sigh, her face turning beat red "Wow..."

On the day of the date, Faolan stood in his bedroom, looking at himself in the mirror. He had on a clean kilt with his fox fur sporran attached to his thick black leather belt, and a clean, plain black, tight t-shirt. He pulled on his jacket, checked himself in the mirror a moment longer, then nodded. Good enough.

He walked out, got on his bike, and rode to the shop. As he did, he realized he was actually a little nervous. He had taken girls out before, sure, but somehow this one was different. She had a habit of not liking him, but he was pretty sure she changed her mind after the day at the community center, but he wasn't sure. What if she had changed her mind? What if he showed up to the shop and had to convince her to actually go on the date with him?

He sighed as he rode, taking the long way to calm his nerves. He had also left a little early, too...

She was nervous that whole day of work, "What if it doesn't go well?" she asked Mrs. Walters as the time got closer to see him "What if I mess up and then he doesn't like me anymore?" she was starting to sound like a school girl, but who could blame her? She was beginning to really like Faolan.

"I'm sure everything will go just fine." she gave Lacey a reassuring smile as she was fixing her hair.

"Okay..." she took a deep breath as Mrs. Walters pinned her hair up into small swirls at the nape of her neck, she promised to help to Lacey's hair for the date, a small lock or two falling to the sides of her face. "How does it look?"

Mrs. Walters reached over plucking a few small marigolds from a pot and tucked them between the twisted buns in Lacey's hair, "Now its perfect."

Lacey smiled wildly as she stood up and gave Mrs. Walters a hug "Thank you." she said before making her way to the shop door. She had on her best clothes, a white vest over a black long sleeve shirt, both clung to her form well, and her only pair of jeans without any holes in them. Looking over her shoulder to see Mrs. Walters giving her a thumbs up she stepped outside to wait for Faolan.

Faolan pulled up shortly after she walked out. He looked at her and grinned. Wow. He was really going to have to go the speed limit so he didn't mess up her hair. He turned the bike off and got up, walking over. "Wow...you look great." He smiled, shrugging off his coat to hand it to her. "Really great...are you ready to go? I made reservations and everything." He laughed softly.