Part of the Pack

"I've never been on a horse." she muttered but followed his directions. Handing the helmet back to him she slid on his jacket and laughed at how big it was on her. Placing her foot on the peg she swung her over the seat to the other side "Okay..." she hesitantly wrapped her arms around him and leaned into his back tightly. She couldn't help but think he smelled divine, "I'm ready.. I think.. Yeah I'm ready."

He smelled like his usual cologne plus sweat and pheromones. He had some strong, attractive pheromones. "Are we going for burgers or to your place?" He smirked, hooking the helmet onto his handlebars since he couldn't get it back into his saddle bags. He started it up with a roar of the engine and smirked. It, of course, got the attention of the kids who all ran over to watch. Some of his pack walked up too and smirked at him, shaking their heads. He wanted so badly to just peel out but he restrained himself. He started off slowly, driving out off the yard and down the street.

Frowning against his chest "Lets not do my place, lets just do burgers." a smile found its way back to her lips seeing all of the kids run up to the fence and giggles. She squeaked softly against his back as he began to ride off, even though they weren't going fast but it still surprised her. Arms tightened around his middle, fingers curling into the fabric of his shirt tightly, her face burying into his back as she felt the bike start to speed up. She found his scent intoxicating, in a way it helped her relax, slowly raising her head off of his back to watch buildings go by.

He was definitely going to take the long way to the burger place. He drove around the block, smiling the whole way. He was glad when she loosened her grip a bit but only because it had been slightly uncomfortable. When he finally pulled up outside the burger place, he smiled back at her. "Well, you survived! How'd you like it? Careful getting off."

She didn't let go at first, but after a minute she unhooked her arms from his middle and gave a slow nod "A bit.." she placed her hands on his back as she swung her legs off of the bike and stood carefully. "I've never been here before." she said slipping off his jacket and handing it back to him "Thank you for the ride." she said combing her hair back down with her fingers "It was actually fun..."

He grinned, sliding his jacket back on. "I'm glad you liked it." He turned the bike off and got off, sliding the keys into his pocket. "Since...I don't have a car, so..." He laughed and walked inside, holding the door open for her. The place was literally called The Burger Joint. "So, what do you want? It's on me."

She stepped inside and looked around "Um... I don't know. Like I said, I've never been here before. I'll have what you're having?" she giggles with a shrug of her shoulders and smiles up at him "Do they just have burgers here?" her lips pursed in thought, realizing that might have been a stupid question on her part.

"Burgers and hot dogs. French fries. They have awesome sweet potato fries." He walked up to the counter and ordered two double cheese burgers with lettuce, catchup, mayo, and tomato, two things of sweet potato fries, and two large drinks. He paid, handed her cup to her, and walked over to the soda fountain. "So, what do you do for fun, Lacey?"

She blinks seeing how big the cup was and walks over to the soda fountain, filling her cup up with orange soda "I enjoy music, my job, the beach. The little things make me happy. At the end of the day that's all that matters." she shrugs taking a sip of her soda "I mostly keep to myself so I don't really have any hobbies. What about you?"

"I like the mountains. I go hiking, just generally get away from the city and how loud and busy it is. I don't get to get away much, now that I've taken over everything...so...just sitting at home with the pack is nice..." He smiled, filling his cup up with a blend of four different sodas. When that was full, he walked over to a table by the window and sat down. "Mostly I'm actually pretty busy though."

Sitting down across from him she looked out the window "How do you find time for anything?" she asked looking back at him "You seem like you do anything and a million times together. You never get stressed or tired?" she was just curious, smiling she took another sip.

"Oh yeah, sure." He took a drink. "But that's what the pack is for. They help me let off steam. Relieve stress." He shrugged. "But I grew up like this, so...ya know....I don't know any different..." He smiled. "What about you? Honestly, I think being alone would be way more stressful than anything I go through..."

Frowning from his last statement she just looked back out the window "Yeah..." her hands moved to rest in her lap, playing with the hem of her shirt. She stayed quiet until the food came, thanking the waiter, she placed a fry into her mouth, then another. Swallowing she changed the subject "So... Why do you like the mountains so much?"

He shrugged. "It's quiet. My mom used to tell this whole long story about how she was hiking while nine months pregnant and gave birth out there, but..." He smirked. "I know I was born in the same bed I was conceived in...they didn't like hospitals...." He shrugged and squirted some ketchup onto his plate before he started eating the fries. "I used to go there as a kid a lot. It's just quieter, ya know? More peaceful."

Shrugs "I wouldn't... I never traveled. Seems like it would be nice though, seeing the world, or at least another state." she nibbled on another fry "One of my favorite things are butterflies... Sadly there aren't any in the city, unless you go to the park, but that's too far away. I remember as a kid we'd go to the park and there were these flowery bushes covered in butterflies." a smile crossed her lips at the memory "My mom would say they are people's souls on a journey."

He smiled. "I like that...people's souls on a journey..." He took a bite of his hamburger and chewed, thinking. He swallowed. "Maybe I could take you out to where we usually camp someday. In the winter, most of the pack goes up there. Not all of us. Some stay behind to take care of everything, but a lot of us take a trip up into the mountains for a while."

Blushed and shook her head "Thanks but I have to stay here. Mrs. Walters needs me at the shop and I have other things to take care of..." she mumbled looking down at her plate and ate another fry, she was getting nervous again, he was moving pretty fast. "I uh... Do you like music?"

"I love music." He smiled. "All kinds, really. Ok, not country and there's a time and a place for rap, but I like other music. What do you listen to?" He asked, hoping that line of conversation would put her at ease.

"I like some folk stuff but I usually stick to alternative... Well anything really." she smiles some and ate another fry "When I was in Connecticut I had my own guitar, acoustic, purple. It was my baby." she laughed before taking a bite of her cheeseburger "Mmm! That's good!" she swallowed and blushed realizing how loud that was "Sorry..."

He grinned. "Never apologize for enjoying yourself." He said, taking another bite of his cheeseburger. "So, what happened to your guitar?" he asked, looking over at her. She was cute...He really did enjoy being around her. She was something to protect...