Parasite Game I: Into the Lions Den

• Thread starter Thuro 116 Pendragon
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Jar Jar released the droid and moved away, completely oblivious to the fact that half the crowd had their weapons trained on him.

"How yous survive Atoo? Mesa see you destroyed on Geonosis just before mesa lose hand... very bad days indeed. Now mesa use 3PO as Astromech droid."

Crichton tapped his wrist where a watch would be if he had one. "Hello? Does anyone care that you are running out of time and there is an infected frellhead running around with you?"

Update: Because no one has voted, I'm going to extend the round an extra day. Be sure to get your votes in.

Also, as this game is about ironing out the kinks in the game formula, things may be changed around. That being said, another player being infected has been moved ahead to round two.

@BarrenThin
@The Silver Paladin
@Mari
@Emperor of Gallifrey
@Wedge Antilles
@Mighty Roman
@FireDrake150

Ace methodically thinks about Who could be Infected. "Obi Wan, Was It? While we can't really talk privately, I think it's in everyones Best interests to talk about votes before we cast them. We only have 3 Shots, so one of the 3 HAS to be the infected. That is, if the infection doesn't Spread first..... " a little Uneasy, He casts Protera, a spell that protects against Ailmrnts such as poison and infections on Obi-Wan and on himself. the downside is that, like Sunscreen, it has to be reapplied frequently.

"EVERYONE! I have come to a conclusion. We all are at risk here. Even if you all Know each other, For example Obi-wan the little Pill and The monster-squid-thing with a habbit of draping himself on others seem to know each other, the Above mentioned and Mr. Quil, Star Board, if you prefer, all seem to be space faring bandits or space faring Heros, among everyone elses percieved positions and intentions. For this, while Allies are necessary, we also need to not hesitate for our Vote. The little....... Thing....... Referred to The Pill being destroyed, yet here he is. That could mean that the pill has it, that mr. clingy could have it, or that neither do. We need to focus."

Stopping to Breathe, Ace looks at the gruop, most appearing older then himself, at 16, a Cadet in the middle of a war, he hopes everyones open minded enough not to judge him by such criteria.

"My Proposal, is in turn, We talk for a predetermined time about our worlds and our friends and families, or something to that effect, and in turn in public. My objective at that point is to find any inconsistencies. If the strange Bozo with the Cure is right and its a Mind affecting Virus, then at some point there should be SOME lapse in concentraition, detail, or doubling back as a sign. I will go first if you'd like. " At this point, the Cadet shuts up and waits for the reactions of others.

@BarrenThin
@The Silver Paladin
@Mari
@Emperor of Gallifrey
@Wedge Antilles
@Mighty Roman

OOC: You have more than three chances to get it right. The shot for yourself (which is decided by majority vote) prevents any infected from spreading the disease for that round.

Also, NPC's can't be infected.

OOC: That may be true, but where in Character is that mentioned? I know the NPCs cant be infected and didn't about the vote immunity, but the Characters know there are 3 Shots of cure. Player Knowledge vs Character knowledge. ^^)

OOC: This is the last OOC comment, please take any further discussion to the general discussion page on the front page.

So the thing is, this game is designed to be considerably harder, so OOC knowledge will be essential to completing this successfully.

Reactions: FireDrake150
Ace methodically thinks about Who could be Infected. "Obi Wan, Was It? While we can't really talk privately, I think it's in everyones Best interests to talk about votes before we cast them. We only have 3 Shots, so one of the 3 HAS to be the infected. That is, if the infection doesn't Spread first..... " a little Uneasy, He casts Protera, a spell that protects against Ailmrnts such as poison and infections on Obi-Wan and on himself. the downside is that, like Sunscreen, it has to be reapplied frequently.

"EVERYONE! I have come to a conclusion. We all are at risk here. Even if you all Know each other, For example Obi-wan the little Pill and The monster-squid-thing with a habbit of draping himself on others seem to know each other, the Above mentioned and Mr. Quil, Star Board, if you prefer, all seem to be space faring bandits or space faring Heros, among everyone elses percieved positions and intentions. For this, while Allies are necessary, we also need to not hesitate for our Vote. The little....... Thing....... Referred to The Pill being destroyed, yet here he is. That could mean that the pill has it, that mr. clingy could have it, or that neither do. We need to focus."

Stopping to Breathe, Ace looks at the gruop, most appearing older then himself, at 16, a Cadet in the middle of a war, he hopes everyones open minded enough not to judge him by such criteria.

"My Proposal, is in turn, We talk for a predetermined time about our worlds and our friends and families, or something to that effect, and in turn in public. My objective at that point is to find any inconsistencies. If the strange Bozo with the Cure is right and its a Mind affecting Virus, then at some point there should be SOME lapse in concentraition, detail, or doubling back as a sign. I will go first if you'd like. " At this point, the Cadet shuts up and waits for the reactions of others.

@BarrenThin
@The Silver Paladin
@Mari
@Emperor of Gallifrey
@Wedge Antilles
@Mighty Roman
Makinami.jpg

"Mind control virus, knowing that," Mari stated, "is not enough. We would need to know what is considered normal behavior for the person, or the robot, and we do not know each other!" Mari took a deep breath. "At least I don't know anyone here, really", she whispered. She felt she didn't know enough between what was normal and what was the mind controlled version of everyone here.

@BarrenThin @The Silver Paladin @Emperor of Gallifrey @Wedge Antilles @Mighty Roman @FireDrake150

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: FireDrake150
Ace Facepalms. "Hey, StarBoard. Way to show you are NOT the brains of your team." He sighs, muttering to himself. "...if only Queen were here, She'd know what to do...." He looks at Obi-wan, wondering what the reactions will be. "Maybe, we all need to talk to one another and see if anything sets off a red flag from those from the same Universes, though I am at a disadvantage in that case, I am the only one from Rubrum in this place." He glances to Crighton, and then Obi-wan, before sighing and stopping talking. Currently, the only one he suspects is Quil due to the brash lack of thinking, though, for all Ace knows, That could, and probably IS, normal for Peter Quil, the Board of the skies.

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @Wedge Antilles @FireDrake150 @Mari @Emperor of Gallifrey @The Silver Paladin

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon
Quill frowned at Ace's 'Starboard' comment. Perhaps he was the Silver Surfer in Ace's universe. But while the sight of a silver, naked version of himself may be a treat for the ladies, he personally wouldn't enjoy the job of choosing the planets for Galactus to devour. Regardless, he turned to Ace and said:
zVHFb7k.gif

giphy.gif

His title didn't seem to be ringing any bells for the young knight. Yep, he was definitely the Silver Surfer of that world.

@FireDrake150

Mari thought about the possibility that Quill was casting a vote because he was the infected one, and wished to gather momentun on someone else. Someone that wasn't trustworthy in many eyes, including hers... but this all seemed so random, that trustworthiness was not a factor in determining who might be the one.

"Pardon me if it seems to be a rude thing," Mari said, "but just in case you are trying to put the light on others while you have the infection, I shall place a vote on you, Peter Quill."

She smiled, sheepishly, but wasn't going to change her mind. Yet.

@Thuro Pendragon

Reactions: Thuro 116 Pendragon

Ace shakes his head. "Sorry, there is no Star Lord, no Starboard, no Peter Quil, nothing, in my universe. All we have are the Agito Cadets, and the Legendary Class Zero. I am a part of that group. We exist in secret to combat Tempus Finis, or, in your simple terms, The End of days. There are 14 Agito Cadets. Myself, Jack, Queen, King, Nine, Eight, Deuce, Cinque, Sice, Rem, and Machina, to name a few of them. Please, Change your Vote, Peter, until we can find a group consensus on whom to vote for." He watches Star Lords face for signs of blown minds, as he looks over the crowd. He may be a 16 year old male Human, but to make it into the Legendary Class-0, you HAVE to be the best of the best. Turning to Mari, Ace looks Remorseful at her. "Please Rescind your vote. We can come to a logical conclusion if everyone TRIES to find adequate reasoning. Crighton, is there ANY other signs of infection other then strange behavior? We don't know each other NEARLY well enough for that....."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jllB548z88Q

@BarrenThin @Thuro Pendragon @Wedge Antilles @FireDrake150 @Mari @Emperor of Gallifrey @The Silver Paladin

Mari thought about the possibility that Quill was casting a vote because he was the infected one, and wished to gather momentun on someone else. Someone that wasn't trustworthy in many eyes, including hers... but this all seemed so random, that trustworthiness was not a factor in determining who might be the one.

"Pardon me if it seems to be a rude thing," Mari said, "but just in case you are trying to put the light on others while you have the infection, I shall place a vote on you, Peter Quill."

She smiled, sheepishly, but wasn't going to change her mind. Yet.

@Thuro Pendragon
"Awh, C'mon Darling, just as we where getting to know each other! Why would the virus infect me? I'm not a Jedi Knight, or a Giant Monster, or a Hobbit cadet or whatever! Hey, if Crichton's list of symptoms tell me otherwise, I'll gladly retract my vote. I just come from a world where you have to act quickly or you die.

And hey, in my world we don't have any Class-0 either. The galaxy has me, The Guardians, Nova, Darkhawk, a couple of others. But even them, we're not always enough."

@Mari @FireDrake150

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

Ace looks at him. Whether or not you have Class-0 is not something you'd openly know. its really a hush hush thing,until the point in which we are at in the war. its common knowledge now, but it wasn't a month ago. and its AGITO Cadet, Not Hobbit, Starboard."

Ace looks at Mari and Crighton. He sighs. "I don't feel comfortable with this vote, but in intrest of having a Vote cast, I vote Starboard."

At this point, a Photo falls from his pocket and is easily visible to everyone in the area, proving his point that his world is at least in the middle of battles, casting credibility on his story about a world at war.

original.jpg

"Well. You heard them Quill. Time for the shot." Crichton held up a nasty looking red syringe. "This is going to hurt man. There's really no way of getting around that. Infected or not, this is going to to put you in a short coma."

Seeing Quill's shocked look Crichton smiled.

"Don't worry. 84% percent of the people that get the shot come out of it relatively undamaged."

Before the Legendary Outlaw could say anything to protest Crichton sunk the needle deep into his arm.

"See you on the other side." John commented as he gently lowered Quill to the ground and dragged him into the corner.

"Frell." Crichton said after nothing appeared on Quill's forehead or right hand. Turning back to the group he said, "He wasn't infected."

Then Crichton got that look on his face again, like a bug was buzzing in his ear. "What do you mean that's not all?" Then he got even more frustrated at the phantom menace (and lets be honest, who hasn't).

"You know what Harv? Say hello. Its your opening night."

Crichton pressed a button on his the device on his arm. A tall gangly, something appeared. Its ugliness was beyond words.

lambs.png

"John. I truly must protest. Its not appropriate to reveal our love to the world."

"Bite me Harvey. Tell them what you told me."

The one Crichton called Harvey sighed and looked at the group.

"Very well John. What I said was that another person has been infected. Best wishes on finding him, he's not what you would expect. Now I am off to chase some tail in Crichton's college memories. Bon Voyage my compatriots."

With that the hologram leaped into the floor with a resounding "GERONIMO."

"Well." Crichton began. "Frell. You guys know what to do."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Quill's body locked up, his eyes remained open. He could blink and choose whether to open or shut his eyes, but other than that his body was completely paralyzed.

Crichton, by design or accident, had left Quill's head turned towards the group so he could the entire affair unfold. Then another sight played over it, like one of those annoying 3D movies where there is two layers that are playing slightly offset. Anyways, moving on. The second reality Quill was seeing was that of a hospital room in the eighties. A song was playing on an endless loop in his head.

He could move around, but he couldn't interact with anything. There was a small boy sitting on a chair listening to a walkman.

@BarrenThin as Khem Val, (Star Wars)
@The Silver Paladin as Codicier Romulus, (Warhammer 40K)
@Mari as Makinami Mari, (Evangelion)
@Emperor of Gallifrey as R2-D2, (Star Wars)
@Wedge Antilles as Obi-Wan Kenobi, (Star Wars)
@Mighty Roman as Star-Lord, (Guardians of the Galaxy) [Coma, got the red syringe, ouch]
@FireDrake150 as Ace, (Final Fantasy Type-0 HD)​

Last edited by a moderator:
still standing beside Obi-Wan, Ace stroked his chin a bit in thought. "Well, I can confirm what Crighton said about his still being alive, after all I can remember him..." Ace glances at the others, curious if anyone is going to combat that thought. "As far as I am aware, we can't make any more immediate mistakes. there are 2 vials of cure left, least if Crighton was telling us the truth, of which I am starting to doubt, and then theres the fact someone else was infected. Didn't it pass through touch. no one here, save the little beeping pill and the thing that drapes itself on others have touched, from my rememberance. assuming that you guys are all from the same world, Obi-wan, sir, have either one of them acted out of character?" Ace readies his cards in case someone tries to touch him*

@Wedge Antilles

still standing beside Obi-Wan, Ace stroked his chin a bit in thought. "Well, I can confirm what Crighton said about his still being alive, after all I can remember him..." Ace glances at the others, curious if anyone is going to combat that thought. "As far as I am aware, we can't make any more immediate mistakes. there are 2 vials of cure left, least if Crighton was telling us the truth, of which I am starting to doubt, and then theres the fact someone else was infected. Didn't it pass through touch. no one here, save the little beeping pill and the thing that drapes itself on others have touched, from my rememberance. assuming that you guys are all from the same world, Obi-wan, sir, have either one of them acted out of character?" Ace readies his cards in case someone tries to touch him*

@Wedge Antilles
"Whoah whoah dude." Crichton spoke in a fake surfer accent, something he had used to annoy that annoying red neck during the Wyatt incident. "We have as many red vials as we need. Its the yellows that are short supply dude."

Crichton stopped talking like one of the beach boys.

"The yellows won't put you in a coma, but they also won't kill the virus. Its a very temporary inoculation. Sort of like women to my charms, can I get a HELL YEAH?"

280274438_3c98154ca6.jpg

"Also, Don't worry about Jar Jar, I know the virus wouldn't want to infect him."

@FireDrake150

Ace continues to think* "Alright, thats a much needed piece of new information, but then, Answer me this, Crighton. If we have all that we need of the red, and the red at least suppresses the Pathogen, then, WHY HAVEN'T YOU USED IT ON ALL OF US!!!!?????" In his momentary anger he throws his cards to the ground and they move like bullets, gashing the ground where they strike, one emitting little flames, one sparks, and the last a sort of calming aura. drawing three more from his pouch, the three that had embedded themselves disintegrate and restore themselves in the pouch again. "You want an EASY solution, Crighton? Inject every one of us with the red cure first, and you'll see who is infected and needs the treatment." waiting for the others to speak up as well, Ace looks around. "Class 0, What I wouldn't give to be back with you guys, even if we are in the middle of a war that likely will lead us to Tempus Finis......" Ace sighs, sitting in place. "I'm not the brains of the class, that would be either our CO Kurasame or Queen......" He sighs. "and I can remember them both for now, so they're still alive...."

@Thuro Pendragon

Mari observed the process of injecting Peter Quill. She hoped, perhaps that she was right. Given the odds of getting it right, she wasn't so sure. But, the other guy voted for Quill as well. So, she just stood back for now, waiting to see what would come next. Though, she looked at Ace, and asked. "Why did you vote for him too?"

@FireDrake150

Ace continues to think* "Alright, thats a much needed piece of new information, but then, Answer me this, Crighton. If we have all that we need of the red, and the red at least suppresses the Pathogen, then, WHY HAVEN'T YOU USED IT ON ALL OF US!!!!?????" In his momentary anger he throws his cards to the ground and they move like bullets, gashing the ground where they strike, one emitting little flames, one sparks, and the last a sort of calming aura. drawing three more from his pouch, the three that had embedded themselves disintegrate and restore themselves in the pouch again. "You want an EASY solution, Crighton? Inject every one of us with the red cure first, and you'll see who is infected and needs the treatment." waiting for the others to speak up as well, Ace looks around. "Class 0, What I wouldn't give to be back with you guys, even if we are in the middle of a war that likely will lead us to Tempus Finis......" Ace sighs, sitting in place. "I'm not the brains of the class, that would be either our CO Kurasame or Queen......" He sighs. "and I can remember them both for now, so they're still alive...."

@Thuro Pendragon
"Momma Crichton always said the best things in life didn't come easy." He quipped easily. "You want the truth? 84% percent survival rate isn't even close. Its really..."

Crichton made a drum role motion with his hands.

"46% survival rate."

"And for your brilliance you have unlocked the achievement "Crichton Caught in the Cookie Jar". How does it feel to be our lucky winner?"

@FireDrake150

"Oh dear," Obi-Wan said, as his attention finally turned to what had occurred with Star Lord. "Though it may seem uncivilized of me not to vote, I merely refused to vote as a sign of my refusal to condemn any innocent being to this fate without some form of evidence to support such a claim on my part."

safe_image.php

He then asked Chrichton. "Will he live?"

@Thuro Pendragon