• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold still, goddamn it!

He winced outwardly at the slip and said a quick prayer heavenwards.

As it was, they could use all the help they could. He was loath to kill the man still, unlike others. For one, on the practical side he was the only other living thing in this place besides them. Secondly, he was obviously off his rocker- he would hate to have been party to kill a man in such a state.

And then he got an idea.

And inhaling deeply so as to make himself heard above the din, he roared.

"TAG IN CENA, TAG ME!"

If he fell for the bait, he'd repeat his prior move, eyes blazing at this point as he yelled.

"SLEEP!"

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Everyone

Vash hit the ground hard enough to crack more of the tile and even concrete this time from the blow, and R.C. let out another victorious whoop before-

-Before Raime crashed into him with all the fire and darkness of a titan of old. incredibly resilient as the rubber body was, it didn't extend to heat and flame, and R.C. let out a strangled cry of pain as the fists pummeled into him. The first few blows struck clean and the smell of burnt flesh was clear in the air, but after a few seconds of surprise he snarled, shot out both hands to grip Raime's head, and in an astounding feat of strength attempted to suplex the massive man over his back so they'd both crash into the ground.

Incidentally right on top of Vash if he didn't move his butt.

Lucifer would find it incredibly difficult to get any sort of eye contact in the midst of that mess, R.C. unsurprisingly more focused on the fourteen foot tall man with flaming fists.

Ruby looked on in mild horror as things took even more of a violent turn, nodding fervently to Chell "ok ok go go go!" (not that she was really sure what Chell had planned but anything was better than just standing here watching this)

Azula continued to have a mild concussion

@C.T. @york @Saint Guillotine @BarrenThin @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre!
Chell (Canon)
@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @BarrenThin @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre!

Chell nodded, quickly, placing two distinct portals using her portal gun, one directly behind Ruby, and one above them, the blue one, which was above them took merely a small fraction of a second to link with the orange one, which was directly behind Ruby. She gestured towards the orange portal, making a sort of motion, as if she were shooting a gun with her free hand; it looked like Ruby might have a clear shot at "Cena", though, it was uncertain how long they would have the element of surprise for... Chell was confident Ruby's weapon might be able to deal some damage to "Cena", but, she wasn't too sure what would happen if he caught on to their attempt to blind-side him...​

"RRAAAAAAAGH!"

The battle cry was full of fury and pain as Raime's flames made Cena release to early, more tossing Raime down the hall than slamming him into the floor.

Ruby gave Bucky a confused look as he dropped Azula nearby. "What? Why? She barely got hit, her aura should fix that in like, two seconds. Does she just need a boost?" Ruby asked as she put her hand on Azula's forehead and-

WHAT THE HECK HOW DID THIS GIRL NOT HAVE AURA AND SHOOT FIRE?!

meanwhile, Cena was still struggling to get up before STABBED.

Which worked about as well as the bullets.

His eyes scrunched up in confusion at Lucifer's cry as he looked over. "What? Is this a surprise tag match!?" he said as he looked towards his impromptu partner and....

and...

"zzzzz"

Ruby had paused her brief panic attack to set up fire for Chell's portal, only to stop as R.C. stopped and closed his eyes. "...Uhm... yay?"

Reactions: Ringmaster
"RRAAAAAAAGH!"

The battle cry was full of fury and pain as Raime's flames made Cena release to early, more tossing Raime down the hall than slamming him into the floor.

Ruby gave Bucky a confused look as he dropped Azula nearby. "What? Why? She barely got hit, her aura should fix that in like, two seconds. Does she just need a boost?" Ruby asked as she put her hand on Azula's forehead and-

His eyes scrunched up in confusion at Lucifer's cry as he looked over. "What? Is this a surprise tag match!?" he said as he looked towards his impromptu partner and....

and...

"zzzzz"

Ruby had paused her brief panic attack to set up fire for Chell's portal, only to stop as R.C. stopped and closed his eyes. "...Uhm... yay?"

Raime got up with another deafening roar, the fire still swirling around him, burning him and anything immediately adjacent to him. He charged up at the downed Cena full speed, scooping up his greatsword and preparing to hack him to pieces with the once again flaming blade... before suddenly pausing. The fire slowly died, leaving another burnt smell, though it wasn't exactly that of burnt flesh. Even in his rage, Raime saw that Cena was asleep. He couldn't do that. He wanted to win. Not execute him. No one would beat him the way Velstadt did. Never again. The sword fell out of his hands once again. Though resilient, Raime had taken a serious beating.

The Fume Knight scanned the group, searching for whoever robbed him of his victory. When he couldn't simply deduce it, he growled and sauntered over to the two he'd seen hurt; Vash, and the little coward, Azula. "She does not stand. Is she alright? And you, little one? You caught a serious blow." The Raven Knight appeared to be showing concern for those he'd seen get injured! Perhaps this was a triumph for Vash's cause. Still, tiredly dragging his sword over, the Fume Knight cast a tense glare at Cena. "I will kill him, if he wakes up. I don't lose. Not to anyone. Never again. So pray whatever devilry is at work keeps him in this state, Vash."

@C.T. @york @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre!

• Love
Reactions: OrlandoBloomers
She landed lightly on her back, dropped gently to the floor. Her hands scraped the floor, far too cold for any self-respecting firebender and she grimaced. A grimace that only relaxed when she heard a voice talking about aura and then a second later, the unmistakable pressure of a hand resting on her forehead. Her nose crunched up slightly, a single eye flicking open to look as she uttered quietly: "...Ty Lee?" Then it came back to her that she wasn't home. In either of them and Ty Lee was certainly not here. The hair color was brown, albeit tinged as well. The sweet, naïve and innocent look was very similar...and their eyes were the same. A silvery gray.

But it wasn't Ty. It was that other one...Ruby something. She frowned slightly, closing her eyes again. "For what purpose do you place your hand on my head? To mock me? To sully my status with the hands of filthy commoners??" She hissed, rising up to a seated position. "I will survive. A perfect princess will not be downed for long with such crude attacks."

She turned to the sleeping, stationary form of Cena and just glared.

Sad_Azula.png

"No less than he would deserve." She added to Raime, surprisingly agreeing with him.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @york @BarrenThin

Lucifer let out a sigh of relief, eyes closed briefly to rest a bit as he spoke aloud.

"The hard part was actually making eye contact. In that much, his delusions aided us."

He thanked God he was bored enough one hospital stay to watch the WWE match. Who knew it'd come in handy? There was only one problem.

He was starting to get a little thirsty now. From the extertions earlier and this, it was slowly taking its toll.

His next move was to examine their strange foe, fingers checking for a pulse as he scowled. This was not his forte, whatever curse laid upon his mind.

Aloud, he simply asked.

"Is everyone alright?"

Any wounded pride comments, he ignored in favor of the practical for now.

Really, what choice did they have?

• Useful
Reactions: Schnee Corp Lawyer
Clad in a red coat that flutters with the burning sand… he is the devil's messenger, a man who reduces cities to ashes. Vash the Stampede. An outlaw with $$60 billion on his head. The man who was called "The Humanoid Typhoon"

Yet here he was sheathing the knife back within his shoe before turning to wave at Raime as he approached. It was nice to see that Raime had managed to calm down and didn't deliver the final blow once Cena fell to the ground asleep. The only problem was to make sure that he stayed that way and didn't go on a hacking spree on this poor guy who couldn't even defend himself. Not to mention was far too crazy to even think of the weight his actions carried.

tumblr_inline_mqtjwqB8UW1qz4rgp.gif

"Me? Totally fine! Yup, the man with a sixty billion double dollars bounty on his head? The man who isn't afraid of anything? Yes, I am that man and not one to be defeated so easily! Please, be more concerned about the other one! I'll be able to shrug this off no problem."

In truth, Vash was nursing the mother of all headaches due to being smashed into the ground. He had taken worse but that was not going to be a bruise that'd fade away too quickly. It was a surprise enough to him that he had managed to rise to his feet as quickly as he had. But then Vash's face turned into a grimace as Raime and Azula both declared that they were agreed on wanting to kill Cena once he woke up. To think that all of this fighting and his effort to try to lead to another situation was wasted. But he couldn't let this happen. He couldn't let another person die.

"B-But he's beaten! Wouldn't it be easier on all of us if we all came out of this alive? I mean that seems like the nicest outcome to me! Everyone's all beat up and rustled but we're all adults here! We can look past that and tie him up, get what we need out of him, and let him on his way! Nobody's gotta die and everyone's happy."

In between his speaking, the group would have noticed Vash's demeanor had briefly changed into that of a more angry nature. Although it'd show more of his inhuman nature as his eyes glowed bright blue.

tumblr_n1zyf9Sr6a1rzkxhio5_400.gif

No one had the right to take the life of another. He couldn't act like he understood the depths of Raime's honor but he had to at least try to save Cena's life. He knew what he had done to Azula and Raime and even him. But they were both okay and Vash had a seriously bad headache. But none of that mattered. There was a human life on the line and something had to be done to help him!

@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @york @BarrenThin @El Tigre!

The Fume Knight, hurt and tired as he was, still didn't back down. He glared at Vash before removing his helmet. In contrast with the plant's bright blue eyes, solid black ones stared down at him. Bark-like skin devoid of hair and a mouth that was difficult to even discern, so great was the Dark emanating from it. "If he attempts to fight, I will kill him. Tie him? With what, you fool? The man can likely escape any prison, except for, perhaps, one made from flames, and that would be a cruel torment!"

"My defeat once cost me everything that I held dear. All because I was weak. Sentimental. I couldn't kill my brother. Couldn't fight him. Not even to save lives. If there's one thing the little coward is right about," Raime nodded at Azula. "It's that weakness has no place in someone with true power. I will never lose again," He repeated angrily. "In part, because I've left my weakness behind. The Dark took me in; made me strong." Raime gestured to himself. "You will not sway me, Vash, on the matter of killing. I will do so as I see fit, whether you like it or not." Though Raime had come to like Vash a bit more than he did the others, he would not tolerate thinly veiled orders.

"Still... killing a sleeping or surrendered man isn't winning. If he's compliant, I won't harm him... and I expect the same of all of you." The Fume Knight glared down at Azula, black eyes completely empty of emotion and emanating Darkness, seeming to pierce her. "A warrior's death is one thing. A coward's execution is another."

With that, Raime put on his helmet, crossed his arms, and was silent.

@C.T. @york @Saint Guillotine @Schnee Corp Lawyer @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre!

"RRAAAAAAAGH!"

and...

"zzzzz"

Chell (Canon)
@C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @BarrenThin @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre!

Chell blinked, scratching her head; it looked like "Cena" was down, but, she was still having a difficult time grasping just what in the world had happened, but, eventually, she let out a sigh, looking a bit relieved that the whole ordeal was over... Though, noticing that Ruby was looking a little tense to say the least, she patted her on the shoulder a little, turning towards her and giving her a bit of an encouraging smile; it was a little tough to manage as she hadn't been doing that sort of thing for a while, but, it was enough to become noticeable.​

With Azula's safety ensured and out of the way, Barnes delved back into the fray completely ready to disable R. Cena. In a violent fashion if it came to it, considering the sheer difficulty he was providing the Flipsiders. Except that never came, the need absolved by the handiwork of the friendly neighborhood dhampir. There was no longer a need for the Winter Soldier.

WiuYpph.gif

He actually heard Ruby earlier, he just didn't pay it any mind in the heat of the moment. Seeing as the situation was handled now, the din of battle quietening, Ruby had a question shot her way.

"Aura? Whatever that is, it probably isn't present in her world. What is it?"

Meanwhile Ruby's (eventual) formulated response, Barnes glanced sidelong to the giant Raime, noting his berserker rage had dissipated swiftly after Cena had been incapacitated. Probably a good thing, if he'd turned that anger toward the group? There'd probably have been little they could've done in response.

Azula seemed to be her normal self, despite the potential double concussion. If anything, it didn't improve her moody personality. Barnes'd have asked how Azula felt but she was quick to insist her well-being with the usual regal superiority she espoused often. This was how he drew his conclusion earlier.

In reply to Lucifer's query, Buchanan popped off an apathetic and succinct reply-- "Fine."

The imbecile in red seemed to be doing well. Seemed being the operative term, might he have been playing the tough routine? "If you have a concussion, let us know." He said anyway. They weren't exactly something to take lightly.

On the topic of disabling/murdering Cena upon his awakening, he had to agree. "If he's still a threat..." His right hand moved for his knife, making his point clear. "We've already wasted enough time as is. Lucifer's trick will likely not work again." Survival was the key goal here in the end, as sordid as that was.

@BarrenThin @C.T. @Schnee Corp Lawyer @TheSpringwoodSlasher @Saint Guillotine

The Fume Knight, hurt and tired as he was, still didn't back down. He glared at Vash before removing his helmet. In contrast with the plant's bright blue eyes, solid black ones stared down at him. Bark-like skin devoid of hair and a mouth that was difficult to even discern, so great was the Dark emanating from it. "If he attempts to fight, I will kill him. Tie him? With what, you fool? The man can likely escape any prison, except for, perhaps, one made from flames, and that would be a cruel torment!"

"My defeat once cost me everything that I held dear. All because I was weak. Sentimental. I couldn't kill my brother. Couldn't fight him. Not even to save lives. If there's one thing the little coward is right about," Raime nodded at Azula. "It's that weakness has no place in someone with true power. I will never lose again," He repeated angrily. "In part, because I've left my weakness behind. The Dark took me in; made me strong." Raime gestured to himself. "You will not sway me, Vash, on the matter of killing. I will do so as I see fit, whether you like it or not." Though Raime had come to like Vash a bit more than he did the others, he would not tolerate thinly veiled orders.

"Still... killing a sleeping or surrendered man isn't winning. If he's compliant, I won't harm him... and I expect the same of all of you." The Fume Knight glared down at Azula, black eyes completely empty of emotion and emanating Darkness, seeming to pierce her. "A warrior's death is one thing. A coward's execution is another."

With that, Raime put on his helmet, crossed his arms, and was silent.

Muhlum4243ae8a2082f.jpg

The fact that Raime matched Vash's stare didn't deter the gunslinger from his position. He had always been adamant about saving human life whenever he could. Even at the detriment to his own health he always put others before him. It was how Rem saw things and even after her passing, Vash kept to her ideals for as long as he walked the planet and that'd been quite a long time considering how old Plants lived to be. Vash himself was in his hundreds and had seen plenty of people he managed to make friends with grow old and pass on. All the while he stayed the same youthful looking goofball who no one could have suspected was behind such felonies as destroying an entire city but somehow sparing all of the people within it. Or putting a new crater in the moon while destroying yet another city.

He was about to state his case yet again when Raime began to explain himself and the plant froze at the mention of a brother. Raime couldn't bring himself to hurt his brother. Just like how Vash couldn't kill Knives even after he admitted to killing everyone on aboard the ship both him and Vash were on. The abuse both of the brothers suffered due to being plants-artificial beings created by humanity to serve as a power-source with Vash and Knives being the exceptions to the rule snapped Knives mentally while Vash still had Rem to use as an emotional crutch. It was from her that he learned that no one has the right to to take the life of another and that one should strive to make everyone happy.

Vash embraced those ideals for they were all he had left to remember her by as both him and Knives crash landed on Gunsmoke, the planet that would soon become the replacement for a pollution-ridden Earth. But while Knives was eager to wipe out all of the humans, Vash harbored a justifiable grudge against his younger brother for killing all of humans and Rem without any remorse. But he couldn't find it in himself to kill his baby brother in his sleep. He couldn't stoop to his level. The same thing that had happened to Raime and he lost everything because of it.

The next time Vash confronted Knives, it didn't go any differently. Vash had sought out a scientist who could tell him more about him and Knive's origins as Plants. But by the time he had arrived the man was dead with Knives standing over him.

char_35725.jpg

"Hey Vash! I got rid of this human for you so don't worry about it. Now, there's nothing holding you back. It'll just be the two of us, Vash. You and me will take out the garbage that is humanity!"

Vash was horrified beyond words. Another life had been taken because he hadn't stopped Knives when he had the chance. To crush his little brother's head with a rock and all of this would have been over. No more innocent people had to die. But he had stuck true to Rem's ideals and this was the price he had paid for it. Quickly reaching for his revolver, Knives was faster on the draw and with a resounding bang, Vash slumped up against the wall as his arm was severed due to the force beyond Knive's own revolver.

"You already shot me once and now you're planning to do it again? I thought we'd move passed this, Vash. I thought the time you had by yourself would have convinced you that we're superior to these weaklings! We're Plants, not humans! You don't have to keep pretending to be one! You need to realize your real power! Whether you want to or not!" Thrusting his hand outwards, Vash's left arm began to surge with energy and a bright light emitted from the top of his revolver as it seemed like it started to meld with Vash's arm. Extending outwards into some type of massive wave-gun like contraption. Whatever it was, it certainly didn't seem natural and Vash screamed the entire process but the sadistic grin remained on Knive's face.

"Do you understand now, Vash?! This is the Angel Arm! Look at it like this, we're angels sent down to clean up the filth that's permeating this planet! Once we're finished we can have it all to ourselves!"

But Vash had heard enough. The blood seeping out from the stump of where his right arm had once been was making him dizzy as was trying to control the newly dubbed Angel Arm. But he knew one thing was for sure. Knives couldn't keep going as he was. Eventually he'd get himself killed and leave Vash all alone in the world of humans and non-sentient plants or he'd kill everyone and Vash would have to live on with the guilt that he let Knives live when he could have killed him when they were still just children.

"Aghh...Gah...No!"

latest

Knives was understandably taken aback by the revelation that not only did it seem like Vash was more willing to take the side of the race that had created him and Vash to begin with but had also abused them and treated them like monsters. But that his own brother was going to shoot him again. Stepping back, Knives glared at his older brother with a mix of anger and disbelief.

"Vash?! Are you aiming at me? Are you aiming at me again!? VASH!"

The blast from the Angel Arm engulfed Knives and turned the town of July into nothing more than rubble and debris. Through a miracle however, no one died in the massive explosion. One could have attributed this to Vash's sheer willpower or perhaps it was just that, a miracle. Or so it seemed to be on the surface. With nowhere to call home now, the citizens of what used to be July fought among themselves, killing and raping were at an all-time high and even Knives survived the encounter. Albeit as only a torso with his head and right arm. As he regenerated, Knives swore to break down his brother's philosophy and make him experience the worst pain imaginable!

On the outside Vash was seemingly frozen like a statue staring out into space. Eventually managing to snap out of it, he glanced away at how dead-set Raime seemed to be on executing Cena upon him awaking. He didn't wish to make the same mistake twice and lose everything again. It was a sentiment Vash could understand but not one he could ever find himself wantin to agree with. Everyone deserved a chance. Even someone as crazy and as powerful as Cena. All Vash could do was hope that Cena was docile upon waking up and if not? Then he'd just have to grit and bare it. He hated himself for that.

Reaching for a new pair of glasses from within his jacket, he'd slowly slip them on and his face took on one of deep remorse and saddness. The mask slipped away for a brief moment to show the pained soul that truly lied behind it. But it'd soon be hidden once more as he flashed a smile Bucky's way.

Haha+it+s+kinda+the+only+one+i+have+_0c01bb21ded02ae4fb0895424b29e8e6.jpg

"I'm really feeling fine, but I'll let you know if something changes. Thanks for looking out though!"

Fine? That might have been the funniest joke Vash had ever told! He wasn't fine by any stretch of the word. He might have possibly failed in securing a man's life and the others he were with seemed to settle on the same manner of dealing with him were he to resume hostilities. Just like he had failed in saving Ciri from that monster. Slumping up against the closest wall, Vash slid down until he was sitting on his rear as he glanced down at the ground with his arms folded over his chest.

@C.T. @El Tigre! @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @BarrenThin @york

• Love
Reactions: BarrenThin
Raime paused as he watched Vash slump... and felt a pang of guilt. He'd seen the way Vash had frozen. He'd seen the expression of sorrow. So, without invitation, he moved over and sat down next to the plant. "What's your story, little..." Raime caught himself. Though Vash had shown he was weak in some ways, he had shown strength in others. Perhaps his foolishness had more to it than first glance would have you believe. This warranted some vestige of respect. So, he corrected himself. "...Vash? I am old, by the standards of Man. I've seen much, even isolated as I was in my banishment." Bits and pieces of a story.

The Fume Knight leaned down and properly whispered so that no one else could hear, "I can recognize an old Soul when I see one." If Raime were told Vash's age rivaled his own, the Knight would be more than surprised; he'd be shocked! He had chalked up Vash's demeanor simply to that of one who'd lived a hard life and come out fine. "So, if you don't mind me asking... what made you into one?" It should be noted that Raime's tone and choice of words had softened greatly.

@C.T. @El Tigre! @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @TheSpringwoodSlasher @york

Ruby frowned and quickly pulled her hand back at Azula's snap. "Well excuse me heiress next time I won't try to save your life" She grumbled, let Crescent Rose fold back up before she snapped it back into its magnetic holster. She huffed and listened as the others talked, before she tenatively raised her hand.

"Umm... I agree this guy's completely bonkers but, um... couldn't we just... leave him here and keep going?"

R.C.'s snoring intensified

@C.T. @El Tigre! @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @TheSpringwoodSlasher @york

Reactions: Ringmaster
"I fail to see how placing your hand on my face is in any way saving my life." She replied before rising up to her full height. "But I at the very least appreciate the sentiment. It is the duty of lesser individuals to appease their betters and in that, you have worth." She just snorted in reply to Raime. "Oh yes very well, spin it however you please. Honor and a true warrior's death...please. There are no rules in war save the ones royalty sees fit to make. And you are not royalty. However, neither is he." She stared pointedly at R.C.

"Kill him or let him sleep and live. I leave the fate of the scum to you commoners." She turned, striding off as best she could to continue onwards. "Ruby has the right idea regardless. We are a team unified by circumstance. The more time we waste, the greater the possibility the things from the portal could catch up...or perhaps something even worse in this place. It would not surprise me."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @york @BarrenThin

• Love
Ruby frowned and quickly pulled her hand back at Azula's snap. "Well excuse me heiress next time I won't try to save your life" She grumbled, let Crescent Rose fold back up before she snapped it back into its magnetic holster. She huffed and listened as the others talked, before she tenatively raised her hand.

"Umm... I agree this guy's completely bonkers but, um... couldn't we just... leave him here and keep going?"

R.C.'s snoring intensified

"I don't like the idea of catching a giant fist to the back of my head."

"I fail to see how placing your hand on my face is in any way saving my life." She replied before rising up to her full height. "But I at the very least appreciate the sentiment. It is the duty of lesser individuals to appease their betters and in that, you have worth." She just snorted in reply to Raime. "Oh yes very well, spin it however you please. Honor and a true warrior's death...please. There are no rules in war save the ones royalty sees fit to make. And you are not royalty. However, neither is he." She stared pointedly at R.C.

"Kill him or let him sleep and live. I leave the fate of the scum to you commoners." She turned, striding off as best she could to continue onwards. "Ruby has the right idea regardless. We are a team unified by circumstance. The more time we waste, the greater the possibility the things from the portal could catch up...or perhaps something even worse in this place. It would not surprise me."

Raime was on his feet, looming over the princess. He was not a patient man. Not at all. Azula kept acting like she was queen here. "This isn't war. We are no army. This was a fight."

Raime's voice was cool, but the hatred for her arrogance shined through nonetheless. "If you presume to order me, or anyone else, once more, I will kill you myself, with the very fire you proclaim to control. You are no one's ruler here, little fool. You are a bug trifling with a demigod. Be 'grateful that I'm so gracious', for I have tolerated you thus far... but that ends here." Well... it seemed Raime was tooting his own horn a bit, but he wasn't precisely incorrect. His Soul was remarkably large for one who was once simply human. It rivaled or even surpassed most creatures from his own world, not being too much weaker than a Great Soul.

Still, much of this was bluster, in his state. Raime had taken a serious pummeling, as little as he was letting that show through. The group could take him down quite easily, with the exception of Azula herself, as her attacks would have little effect.

"I don't like the idea of catching a giant fist to the back of my head."

Raime was on his feet, looming over the princess. He was not a patient man. Not at all. Azula kept acting like she was queen here. "This isn't war. We are no army. This was a fight."

Raime's voice was cool, but the hatred for her arrogance shined through nonetheless. "If you presume to order me, or anyone else, once more, I will kill you myself, with the very fire you proclaim to control. You are no one's ruler here, little fool. You are a bug trifling with a demigod. Be 'grateful that I'm so gracious', for I have tolerated you thus far... but that ends here." Well... it seemed Raime was tooting his own horn a bit, but he wasn't precisely incorrect. His Soul was remarkably large for one who was once simply human. It rivaled or even surpassed most creatures from his own world, not being too much weaker than a Great Soul.

Still, much of this was bluster, in his state. Raime had taken a serious pummeling, as little as he was letting that show through. The group could take him down quite easily, with the exception of Azula herself, as her attacks would have little effect.

She paused in her step when the knight stepped in her path, said his piece and she simply...laughed.

tumblr_inline_nt17uxkEKU1t7x4py_500.gif

"You think you're going to kill me here. Ha. Such foolishness. You are a knight, huge in stature and build. I am but a wounded teenage girl, who's fire you claim inconsequential to one such as you. Is your honor so empty that you would tread back on your word? Just mere moments ago, you thoroughly condemned cowardly executions. Now here you are, threatening to do just that and further proving my point. Honor and chivalry? Those are just silly concepts by delusional men to give meaning to their slaughter. They are thrown out the window the moment royalty steps in, because by definition itself everything royalty does is right." She stared right up at the big guy himself, her intense gaze never wavering for even a moment.

"This is why I doubt you will do such a thing. Throwing away your honor is akin to suicide for a knight, but if you value it so carelessly, prove me wrong." Her eyes twinkled as she smirked slightly. "Try and kill me."

• Bucket of Rainbows
She paused in her step when the knight stepped in her path, said his piece and she simply...laughed.

tumblr_inline_nt17uxkEKU1t7x4py_500.gif

"You think you're going to kill me here. Ha. Such foolishness. You are a knight, huge in stature and build. I am but a wounded teenage girl, who's fire you claim inconsequential to one such as you. Is your honor so empty that you would tread back on your word? Just mere moments ago, you thoroughly condemned cowardly executions. Now here you are, threatening to do just that and further proving my point. Honor and chivalry? Those are just silly concepts by delusional men to give meaning to their slaughter. They are thrown out the window the moment royalty steps in, because by definition itself everything royalty does is right." She stared right up at the big guy himself, her intense gaze never wavering for even a moment.

"This is why I doubt you will do such a thing. Throwing away your honor is akin to suicide for a knight, but if you value it so carelessly, prove me wrong." Her eyes twinkled as she smirked slightly. "Try and kill me."

"I am no Knight. Not truly. I serve a Mistress who does not care for the ideals of honor, nor the company of humanity." Raime's straight sword was out in a flash. Even in his weakened state, he wielded it like a toy, despite it being as long as Azula was tall. The Fume Knight had something to say, it seemed, though he wouldn't lose any sleep for making Azula's head roll. "There are no kings and queens in my world. Do you know why? They're all dead. Most by their own foolishness. My own King, my 'father,' was blind to his own manipulations at the hand of one whose malice is comparable to yours! When I spoke out in an attempt to save him, at the fall of his kingdom, he banished me! His left hand! His Raven! And, do you know what happened? He Hollowed, without me. His foolishness cost him his Kingdom and his mind. There is no structure. No honor or chivalry. If you came to my world, you'd fall to a stray arrow trying to stay alive against the armies of insane Cursed Undead that have long since lost their minds the same way Vendrick did. I refuse to kill this man not because of any moral code, but because I want to kill him when he can fight back, because I'll never lose again! Not to a mere mortal, not to another such as I!" He repeated this sort of mantra in more of a shout. What he said was at least partially true; Raime cared little for honor or chivalry, as influenced by the Dark as he was. "You wish death, then, little coward? Fine. Allow me to grant it!" Azula had tried her luck and found herself misunderstanding the goodness in Raime's heart. Perhaps it was down there somewhere, buried underneath centuries of bitter isolation. Perhaps it had even begun to surface a little, now in the presence of humans once again. But she had pressed too far on the one thing he held most dear; his pride.

Raime's sword came up. Those paying attention might see him hesitate for a brief second, but he didn't stop. He started to swing at the Princess.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @york @C.T.

Raime paused as he watched Vash slump... and felt a pang of guilt. He'd seen the way Vash had frozen. He'd seen the expression of sorrow. So, without invitation, he moved over and sat down next to the plant. "What's your story, little..." Raime caught himself. Though Vash had shown he was weak in some ways, he had shown strength in others. Perhaps his foolishness had more to it than first glance would have you believe. This warranted some vestige of respect. So, he corrected himself. "...Vash? I am old, by the standards of Man. I've seen much, even isolated as I was in my banishment." Bits and pieces of a story.

The Fume Knight leaned down and properly whispered so that no one else could hear, "I can recognize an old Soul when I see one." If Raime were told Vash's age rivaled his own, the Knight would be more than surprised; he'd be shocked! He had chalked up Vash's demeanor simply to that of one who'd lived a hard life and come out fine. "So, if you don't mind me asking... what made you into one?" It should be noted that Raime's tone and choice of words had softened greatly.

tumblr_nd9f24Dw2u1tqmbf7o4_250.gif

Vash didn't make any outward gestures or expressions that showed he was uncomfortable with Raime sitting next to him. In all honesty, Vash welcomed the knight's presence. While him and the knight seemed similar in some regards, they were complete opposites in others.

"I hope I wasn't too obvious with how I froze up there. It's just when you mentioned your brother, it brought up memories of my own brother. Younger than me of course, name is Knives. But he's been trouble for a very long time. If you want to speak of old than I'm ancient. I think around 181 to be exact? I try to not think about the passing of time too much. It makes things sadder to me somehow." He said cryptically before letting that comment sit there. He had to admit he was surprised with how Raime seemed to be interested in Vash's past. Had he finally broken through the knight's hard outer shell?

"..Old Soul? Well, I guess the easiest way to explain it would be to say that I'm not human. But you might have guessed that much. I'm a Plant, beings created by humans to serve as power sources since they had to leave Earth after it became too polluted. Knives and myself are the only plants with sentience. We stop physically aging once we turn around twenty or so? In any case, we were found by some of the humans on board a ship that was looking for a new planet to colonize. One of them in particular took on a mother-like role for us. Her name was Rem and she gave me ideals that I follow even after she's been gone for so long. People have many different ways of thinking. Even if a mistake is made as long as a person realizes their mistake it's possible to make it right again, and if you keep your vision clear you will see the future. This is what one must realize." He'd say before turning to glance over at Raime so he'd be staring the knight straight in the eyes.

"The other one was something that relates to our rubbery friend over there. No one, doesn't matter their position in life, their alignment, anything like that. No one has the right to take the life of another. That's a code I've stuck to for all these years and it's worked. I just wish Knives would see it as well.." He didn't mention that it was Knives who killed all of the crew and forced Rem to sacrifice herself to stop the other ships from crashing once Knives had redirected their course to crash on Gunsmoke.

Glad he finally found someone to talk to, everything went south yet again once Raime went on the attack again after Azula's continued taunts angered him. His headache still hadn't subsided but he couldn't let Raime throw away his place with the group over the princess's words. Drawing his revolver, Vash was behind the knight in the blink of an eye as he held the revolver up to the back of his head.

tumblr_nd9f24Dw2u1tqmbf7o1_400.jpg

"I know her words might be harsh, Raime. But this isn't the fight you need to be picking. Not when everyone just wants to keep moving. That and for as much of a snooty jerk as she is, the princess has just as much of a right to live than the rest of us. Now, please drop the sword." He'd say as he primed the gun to fire.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @york @C.T.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: C.T. and BarrenThin
"No one is killing anyone. Not our madman. Not each other."

Lucifer rose to his feet to address the group as a whole, as he made his stance abundantly clear to the party in general.

"Because if we decide to fight, I will tell you now. It would be best we go our seperate ways. Which is the worst, possible thing we can do now. Have you already forgotten the death of Miss Ciri? That... Power, masqurading as human, informing us what we would be responsible for?"

Impassioned, Lucifer took a moment to catch his breath before saying somberly.

"Two of our number have already perished since we were informed of the fact that a worlds fate rested on our shoulders. That was two, too many. We may not like each other or even tolorate the person next to us. But right now, we are all we can rely on in this place. We've no other choice."

He let that sink in before finally speaking again.

"Now, is there any among our party who might help me? I plan to wake our mysterious fighter and ask a few questions."

He turned and over his shoulder, added casually.

"Just claim to be part of his manager commitee if he still is mad."

@C.T. @El Tigre! @Schnee Corp Lawyer @TheSpringwoodSlasher @york @BarrenThin

• Useful
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
tumblr_nd9f24Dw2u1tqmbf7o4_250.gif

Vash didn't make any outward gestures or expressions that showed he was uncomfortable with Raime sitting next to him. In all honesty, Vash welcomed the knight's presence. While him and the knight seemed similar in some regards, they were complete opposites in others.

"I hope I wasn't too obvious with how I froze up there. It's just when you mentioned your brother, it brought up memories of my own brother. Younger than me of course, name is Knives. But he's been trouble for a very long time. If you want to speak of old than I'm ancient. I think around 181 to be exact? I try to not think about the passing of time too much. It makes things sadder to me somehow." He said cryptically before letting that comment sit there. He had to admit he was surprised with how Raime seemed to be interested in Vash's past. Had he finally broken through the knight's hard outer shell?

"..Old Soul? Well, I guess the easiest way to explain it would be to say that I'm not human. But you might have guessed that much. I'm a Plant, beings created by humans to serve as power sources since they had to leave Earth after it became too polluted. Knives and myself are the only plants with sentience. We stop physically aging once we turn around twenty or so? In any case, we were found by some of the humans on board a ship that was looking for a new planet to colonize. One of them in particular took on a mother-like role for us. Her name was Rem and she gave me ideals that I follow even after she's been gone for so long. People have many different ways of thinking. Even if a mistake is made as long as a person realizes their mistake it's possible to make it right again, and if you keep your vision clear you will see the future. This is what one must realize." He'd say before turning to glance over at Raime so he'd be staring the knight straight in the eyes.

"The other one was something that relates to our rubbery friend over there. No one, doesn't matter their position in life, their alignment, anything like that. No one has the right to take the life of another. That's a code I've stuck to for all these years and it's worked. I just wish Knives would see it as well.." He didn't mention that it was Knives who killed all of the crew and forced Rem to sacrifice herself to stop the other ships from crashing once Knives had redirected their course to crash on Gunsmoke.

Glad he finally found someone to talk to, everything went south yet again once Raime went on the attack again after Azula's continued taunts angered him. His headache still hadn't subsided but he couldn't let Raime throw away his place with the group over the princess's words. Drawing his revolver, Vash was behind the knight in the blink of an eye as he held the revolver up to the back of his head.

tumblr_nd9f24Dw2u1tqmbf7o1_400.jpg

"I know her words might be harsh, Raime. But this isn't the fight you need to be picking. Not when everyone just wants to keep moving. That and for as much of a snooty jerk as she is, the princess has just as much of a right to live than the rest of us. Now, please drop the sword." He'd say as he primed the gun to fire.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @BarrenThin @El Tigre! @york @C.T.
"No one is killing anyone. Not our madman. Not each other."

Lucifer rose to his feet to address the group as a whole, as he made his stance abundantly clear to the party in general.

"Because if we decide to fight, I will tell you now. It would be best we go our seperate ways. Which is the worst, possible thing we can do now. Have you already forgotten the death of Miss Ciri? That... Power, masqurading as human, informing us what we would be responsible for?"

Impassioned, Lucifer took a moment to catch his breath before saying somberly.

"Two of our number have already perished since we were informed of the fact that a worlds fate rested on our shoulders. That was two, too many. We may not like each other or even tolorate the person next to us. But right now, we are all we can rely on in this place. We've no other choice."

He let that sink in before finally speaking again.

"Now, is there any among our party who might help me? I plan to wake our mysterious fighter and ask a few questions."

He turned and over his shoulder, added casually.

"Just claim to be part of his manager commitee if he still is mad."

@C.T. @El Tigre! @Schnee Corp Lawyer @TheSpringwoodSlasher @york @BarrenThin

Raime listened to Vash's story rather intently. Perhaps it would help him understand the creature. 181 years old, he said? Raime blinked. "I don't know how old I am. I stopped counting the years after a little while." Still, there was something a bit more youthful to his voice than one might expect. He was even intrigued by what Vash said about second chances, before dispelling any such thoughts. He needed no such thing. He was blessed by the Dark! Wasn't he? After all, Nadalia had made him far more powerful. So powerful that even Velstadt or Vendrick would never best him again! How could he ever doubt his Ashen Idol for even a moment? Never again!

Raime's sword froze mid-swing, hearing Vash's gun click. After a moment, he looked to the gunslinger and Lucifer, and simply nodded. The Fume Knight sheathed his sword. As much as he hated suffering such an insolent creature as Azula to live, beneath him in every way as he saw her, he was too weak to even consider fighting such a group. That was even if he wanted to; Raime could live with killing Azula or Cena, but none of the others had done anything to warrant such a thing, and he'd even come to like Vash. Even so, hopefully his actions got the point across that he was quite willing to kill her, and that she shouldn't tempt him.

"Fine. I will spare her." He looked at Vash. "Just keep her reigned in. My temper grows short with her."

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Saint Guillotine @TheSpringwoodSlasher @El Tigre! @york @C.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.