ParaCom: Adversary Uncertain (OOC and Signups)

Where would you like the main base to be?

• North America

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • South America

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Europe

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Africa

• Asia

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Middle East

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Oceania

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For a European base, I recommend Russia as our main country. Highest defense budget.

Now I am considering difficulty levels. The levels will be, from easiest at top to hardest at bottom:

Spineless (For those too young to die)
Relaxed (The polite and cordial mode)
Balanced (Not too easy, but not too tough)
Tricky (Requires good strategies and tactics to survive)
Insane (I'm not holding back one bit)

Now I am considering difficulty levels. The levels will be, from easiest at top to hardest at bottom:

Spineless (For those too young to die)
Relaxed (The polite and cordial mode)
Balanced (Not too easy, but not too tough)
Tricky (Requires good strategies and tactics to survive)
Insane (I'm not holding back one bit)
lol i'm somewhere between Spineless,Relaxed and Balanced. also having two characters in the works.

lol i'm somewhere between Spineless,Relaxed and Balanced. also having two characters in the works.
Very well. Relaxed will be polite and cordial as I touted. Though I won't hand over victory on a silver platter, I will give hints and tips from time to time. Balanced is that you have to earn it and is the default difficulty---Tough but fair. And I'm quite reluctant for the Insane mode. That difficulty is for those off their meds or escaped from the loony bin.

Also, the spineless difficulty is something of a mockery. I might find you all so cost effective I might as well cut down on costs such as new weapons, research, etc.

I'd go with Balanced or Relaxed, personally.

Very well. I will wait a little while for others for inputs.

I have D&D tonight, but when I get back I will check on this!

Name: Drake Vale
Country of origin: Austrailia
Specialty: Sniper
Appearance: Messy brown hair with green eyes and handsome face. rather fit. off hours wears a black T-shirt and brown parka with fake white fur collar and green cargo pants. In combat wears something he can climb up high with but protective. keeps a sniper gun on his back.
Bio: He had a pretty normal life growing up. however they had a bit of a rougher life living as a lower blue collar class in the land down under. had seen some rougher stuff and decided to do something about it. He went vigilante for awhile before deciding to take care of issues elsewhere. Thus he became a skilled sniper as he went long-ranged in vigilante days and got the notice of ParaCom. so here he is.
Personality: He is kind of a laid back guy but has leadership qualities. He is pretty friendly to his allies. his enemies however face a cold and merciless adversary. Also is pretty charismatic. Is a bit of a charmer at times.

Name: Bella Ryley
Country of origin: England
Specialty: Support
Appearance: She has quite the nice face. has hair rather messy and in a loose bun at the base of her head. rather fit looking woman. wears protective armor in combat out of wears more normal clothes.
Bio: Grew up in a family of doctors so to her it made enough sense to follow in their foot steps. she once got caught up in a riot in London. seeing the injuries first hand changed her. instead of going civ doc she goes into the military as a medic. She is skilled enough that ParaCOM recruited her.
Personality: She is a pretty nice person. A skilled doc who can get most injuries healed and stable rather quickly, even in the field. She is kind of a sweet heart and can be a softie outside of the field. Helps in the main medical center when she can. However she is a doc, not a fighter so unless the fight regard injuries or such she will quickly try to difuse or escape it.

Last edited:
I'm between Balanced and Tricky, myself. I never beat XCOM:EW on Challenging, though, so I'll vote for Balanced.

Looks like majority has balanced as an option. Until people object, that will be our difficulty for now.

For the official date, I am considering after the middle of the month. Taking care of business before deployment.

Hey can i join?
Name: *Unknown* Nickname: Child of God
Country of origin: Ireland (Hibernia)
Specialty: support (Medical and information)
Appearance: Child of God is extremely tall, nearing the second tallest man in the worlds height of 9ft. he is shrouded with seemingly black robes which cover him head to toe. He wears a dirty metal mask which is void of all expression, followed by a gauze over the eyes. Despite the Occult nature of his clothes underneath is a full Kevlar body suit, highly experimental and sometimes may malfunction.
Bio: (Not much is known about child of god, all that remains of his recorded life is one statement from a bishop) "Our Bishop went to seminary with the man whose name no one speaks any longer and whose records no longer exist in the church, but according to our Bishop, this man was different. He isn't even quite sure how he was accepted into seminary because he was so quiet and indifferent to preaching. Though he did exceedingly well in his studies, he never seemed fit to lead a parish or even assist in one for that matter. He also had no friends the entire time he was in school. People tried to talk to him, tried to befriend him, but he would never allow anyone to get close to him. No one was quite sure what his reason for being in seminary was, but he stayed the course. Only until the last year of seminary did people start talking poorly of him, saying he shouldn't be there and he couldn't offer anything to the church, and he was consequently spoken to by the elders. Now, our Bishop didn't see what had happened, but the rumor was that after so many warnings by the elders of the seminary, this man apparently mutilated himself and possibly tried to commit suicide. Someone found his unconscious body in the men's restroom and he was carried to the hospital by paramedics. Shortly thereafter, he was expelled from the seminary and excommunicated from the Catholic church because of his reasoning for his behavior. Some also say that he was actually pronounced dead on the school grounds but was later revived without the intervention of any medical equipment or personnel. Though this man no longer has any record or affiliation with the church, our Bishop says that some still call upon him and his brother to hunt demons that they would be unable to exorcise due to the rigorous constraints of our protocol. In all the twenty years I've been here working with our Bishop, this is the first I've heard of these men"

Personality: Child of God is quiet and seems very passive until called upon. He tends to be calm in the face of death and never shows an ounce of fear. He tends to mutter obscenities in Latin under his breath and talks either in the language of the church (Even though being excommunicated and denounced by the pope himself), or in riddles. once called upon he will be aggressive and dominant. He has a burning hatred for all that is paranormal and occult thus making him a perfect candidate for his expertise. Almost blurring the line of humanity and the paranormal at times, he was a reluctant last choice for Paracom but they decided to let him enter as his past in exorcism and his past with the paranormal

@Child Of God

Be my guest. Though your character is out of the ordinary, he would make a good addition to the project. If he's loyal to the cause and its people, he is more than a little welcome. I am particular about the rules though. Don't power game, auto hit, or break the intertwined game play and story and you are set.

TLDR: Follow rules and you're in.

@Child Of God

Be my guest. Though your character is out of the ordinary, he would make a good addition to the project. If he's loyal to the cause and its people, he is more than a little welcome. I am particular about the rules though. Don't power game, auto hit, or break the intertwined game play and story and you are set.

TLDR: Follow rules and you're in.
yup i don't power game or god mod XD i'm good at following rules XD

Perfect! You may also make up to two more CS's if you like. Optional but recommended.
ironically I was already making 2 when you posted that to me. also done with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.