ParaCom: Adversary Uncertain (OOC and Signups)

Where would you like the main base to be?

• North America

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • South America

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Europe

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Africa

• Asia

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Middle East

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Oceania

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing the Chryssalids got nerfed in the 2012 XCOM!

wait in the original they're worse?!
Yep. Zombify in one hit, only way to prevent further spawning is fire/explosives, annoyingly fast and durable, overall way worse. They made the game absolutely frustrating!
Bravery.jpg

There is a reason why it was called in its heyday of the 90s, the "Rape Bug."

Yep. Zombify in one hit, only way to prevent further spawning is fire/explosives, annoyingly fast and durable, overall way worse. They made the game absolutely frustrating!
Bravery.jpg

There is a reason why it was called in its heyday of the 90s, the "Rape Bug."
meep.

There's a reason why we'll break out the flamethrowers. Most beings, including Homo sapiens and even paranormal entities, instinctively fear fire!

Designated marksman means squad support sniping. XCOM is the main inspiration and a franchise of games. I recommend it for practice or rehearsal as it is strategy fighting aliens.
O.k then yes! Designated marksman is precisely what I wanted to do.

Also, I will do a mass PM if anyone wants useful information regarding the RP. My typing fingers are ready.

Name: Alistair "Paragon" McLean
Country of origin: UK
Specialty: Support
Appearance: I was gonna write a description, but I felt lazy, so have an XCOM picture instead. It's accurate enough, anyway.
XKHGjxC.png
Bio: Alistair was born with unusually good vision and while it never decayed, he planned to be an engineer in his childhood until he found out through multiple run-ins with the local gang and general life that his reflexes would benefit him more on the field of battle, however his personality fit him more for the role of a doctor. Since his parents, patriots that they were, didn't mind him joining the military, he decided to join as a paramedic. Alistair had considered becoming a sniper as it would have suited his physical abilities better, however he stuck by his initial decision and became a paramedic. During and after training for his job, he proved to have a lot of potential. Hence, when the paranormal attacked, he was sent to fight for humanity while helping the rest do their jobs...Or, as is likely, die trying.
Personality: While he's somewhat lax and cheery when off-duty, he takes his job very seriously. When off-duty, he will often make jokes or play games, be they video games or card games. He'd never step down from a challenge. On duty, though, while he cracks the occasional joke and snarky comment, he's not nearly as chatty and thinks about the well-being of others rather than how much fun they're having. Alistair used to have an uncanny trend to cut people off while they're talking, which, combined with his personality, lead to the nickname he has, even though he got over it. Mostly.​

Name: Alistair "Paragon" McLean
Specialty: Support
Appearance: I was gonna write a description, but I felt lazy, so have an XCOM picture instead. It's accurate enough, anyway.
XKHGjxC.png
Bio: Alistair was born with unusually good vision and while it never decayed, he planned to be an engineer in his childhood until he found out through multiple run-ins with the local gang and general life that his reflexes would benefit him more on the field of battle, however his personality fit him more for the role of a doctor. Since his parents, patriots that they were, didn't mind him joining the military, he decided to join as a paramedic. Alistair had considered becoming a sniper as it would have suited his physical abilities better, however he stuck by his initial decision and became a paramedic. During and after training for his job, he proved to have a lot of potential. Hence, when the paranormal attacked, he was sent to fight for humanity while helping the rest do their jobs...Or, as is likely, die trying.
Personality: While he's somewhat lax and cheery when off-duty, he takes his job very seriously. When off-duty, he will often make jokes or play games, be they video games or card games. He'd never step down from a challenge. On duty, though, while he cracks the occasional joke and snarky comment, he's not nearly as chatty and thinks about the well-being of others rather than how much fun they're having. Alistair used to have an uncanny trend to cut people off while they're talking, which, combined with his personality, lead to the nickname he has, even though he got over it. Mostly.​
Very good! You too are accepted!

Overall, everyone who signed up so far is accepted. Keep in mind that you can have up to three CS's and simultaneously at that. Europe is going to be our main base area. Also, I'm glad we have one of every role filled out! Thank you all who signed up! I look forward and as a reward for signing up before the action, you are all promoted to squaddies!

Though the RP is able to accept characters after the action, the new players don't get the loyalty bonus after it officially starts.

Awesomes! I'll have to post tomorrow, I use my Vita for night-time browsing and the boxes are tiny on that little screen...

Here's mah human character

Name: Tandy Greene
Specialty: Assault
Appearance: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110105032751/fallout/images/a/ae/FO01_NPC_Tandi_N.png
Bio: Tandy was raised by occultists in a small, secluded, secretive area near Stonehenge. Anything not involving the paranormal is completely unknown to her, to the point where she can barely read or write. The extent of her upbringing led to her joining ParaCom as a front line soldier, and the battle is the only thing she knows anything about. Despite this, she tries to maintain a cheery façade around her peers.
Personality: Tandy is easily frustrated by that which she doesn't know (which is basically everything that doesn't involve paranormal activity), and often focuses entirely on the subjects of her tutelage in an attempt to explain the world to herself. What she doesn't know is that the occultists who raised her are now almost entirely wiped out...

That image has been making me itch to use it for eight years. Finally I can flush that outta my system.

Here's mah human character

Name: Tandy Greene
Specialty: Assault
Appearance: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110105032751/fallout/images/a/ae/FO01_NPC_Tandi_N.png
Bio: Tandy was raised by occultists in a small, secluded, secretive area near Stonehenge. Anything not involving the paranormal is completely unknown to her, to the point where she can barely read or write. The extent of her upbringing led to her joining ParaCom as a front line soldier, and the battle is the only thing she knows anything about. Despite this, she tries to maintain a cheery façade around her peers.
Personality: Tandy is easily frustrated by that which she doesn't know (which is basically everything that doesn't involve paranormal activity), and often focuses entirely on the subjects of her tutelage in an attempt to explain the world to herself. What she doesn't know is that the occultists who raised her are now almost entirely wiped out...

That image has been making me itch to use it for eight years. Finally I can flush that outta my system.
I like the character so far, but pragmatically speaking she will have an extremely difficult time in ParaCom. Literacy will help a lot in the base. Also, there is not just conscription but also a formal application system via paperwork and even interviews if the project finds you very intrguing. Just giving advice.

EDIT: Still accepted. Forgive me if I sound too nit-picky. I just thought things would be...ball-busting level hard for the character and wanted to help out.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's no problem. Don't worry about Tandi; she might not be literate, but she's learned how to fake it. It's what ya gotta do if you don't want to be ridiculed, right?

Doing a checklist now:

Base? Check.

Players? Check.

Preparations? Big check!

All that's missing is consensus of the players on a date to start the action. I'm aware that holidays are coming soon, so I'm attempting to figure out the best time for all of you. The commander of the ParaCom project will be called Main Officer Arnold Bradley, code-named "Center." He'll be the main man in charge as well as being a "distant cousin" to Central Officer Bradford. Also of American origin. Being the laid-back and democratic GM, I will allow consensus to be done to decide on a date. Give or take a day, I will set up the RP then.

Status
Not open for further replies.