Pack Lands

Clem pulled Rain close and licked her face before nestling her in between her front paws. "Family business?" She turned and looked at him. "Like being an alpha?" She wasn't sure what else a wolf would do. She never would be an Alpha but she didn't have a choice. She needed to lead these wolves and they needed her. Her head laid on Rain and she wished Rain felt good about Clem taking her in.

"I never wanted to be this." She whispered. "I never knew that I would be an Alpha. It just happened." She sighed. "I lost my parents, my family, everything. I think that is why this pack works so well together. All of us have lost someone. We work great together because we all know the feeling of being alone. You would fit in here. I feel like you want to fit in here but you are scared of something."

nivek wondered the snow covered land for a while then found himself a ditch to lay in where he rested his head for the night. he didnt want to cause trouble so he believed leaving the pack alone was best befroe his family comes to hunt nivek down once again.

Rain felt comfortable nestled in the Alpha's paws, though she wondered if she should tell the alpha about the new pup. She knew they had a mother in the pack, though she and her pups had been quiet lately. Rain didn't want to interrupt the two wolves talking, however she returned the affections the alpha gave her by licking Clem's jaw as best as she could from her position. So her alpha had lost her family too? Rain curled closer to Clementine, nuzzling her neck. She was right. They all seemed to be misfits. The brown pup was glad, however. She had a new home, a new alpha, and a new life. All seemed to be going well.

I sigh the pup had not begun to eat yet... I frown I would save this pup...I had to. I felt inside me a burning need to protect and nurture this pup... I would not lose this pup like I lost my own all those years ago. I sigh and nuzzle the pup closer to my

resting as the winds got stronger outside almost blizzerding now. nivek curlded up into a ball trying to keep warm to stay alive but he had no arguing with dying with the way his bloodine is right now.

He observed quietly as another smaller wolf approached them and the alpha licked her caringly. "No... Not an alpha. More like... A messenger." He stared at small wolf, looking her returning the affections the big one gave. He wondered what was all the deal about physical contact. It appeared to have a suitable and relaxing effects on many when they were meant for that reason. Otherwise it would only cause pain and harm. Still... There was no scientific explanation to why a soft and warm contact felt 'good' or 'happy'.

He returned to reality with her comment. "If you don't like it then stop. Life if very short, I know about that. You should do the things that are morally and socially correct, true, but also those that you want and like. Don't waste tour life just by caring for others, care for yourself." When she told him he was scared he narrowed his eyes slightly. He? Scared? He was dead, or half dead at least. The only thing that scared a mortal was pain and death. He could feel pain but he was used to it. Death, he was immortal. Why would he be scared? "No, thank you. I don't belong here. I'm not a wolf, alpha. I barely belong to this world."

"How am I supposed to leave these people? They have no home, no life, no family. I am all the family they have." She put her ears back. "I didn't have a choice and I never will. It is just something that I got told to do. Like you, messenger." She closed her eyes. She didn't want to be harsh with him but it was true, what would she do? She had no other option.

"You don't decide where you get placed. You can live with it or move on." She got up. "Good night." She whispered before picking up her pup by the scruff of her neck and going back into the den. She flopped down and tucked the pup into her side.

He looked at her and had to suppress a low growl from coming. That was bullshit. There was always an option and mortals were supposed to choose their path and way of life. That was one of the things he liked about them, their free will. He was about to snap back at her, to show her she had to enjoy the years she still had of life before it was too late, but before he could open his jaws she stood up and left inside.

Saigo huffed annoyed with the ignorance of the mortals and stood up as well to go lay down under a big pine tree. He didn't know why he even cared about her choices. If she didn't wanted to make her own, that was her problem. Of course, mortals always had their rules and morals, he did as well, but still. You woulnt follow those morals and rules if you are always feeling miserable. Sighing, he placed his head down over the snow and closed his eyes. He would leave tomorrow. He had stuff to do and spirits to guide.

I make sure the pup is okay, before getting to my paws and running outside to the spirit guide my eyes frantic and pleading.
"Please, help me save this pup... I lost my own pup long ago... he isn't dead... but I can't see him until I die. Please help me... I'll do anything to make sure this pup lives... I can't lose this one to. I beg you to help, " I plead to him, black tears forming in my eyes.

Fleck tried to sleep. He tossed and turned but could seem to find rest. He pulled himself to his feet and sat in the snow alone as a cold breeze tore through his tiny camp. Shifting his ears, he swore that he could hear the cries of his pack member's. "Drift...?" he blinked into the distance, where a white wolf, as white as the snow below him, stood. Drift had been his mother, and a great leader. "drift, h-how?" he yipped, getting to his feet. She said nothing but stared at him. "Mother?" he took a few steps forward, but she threw her head back and let out a mournful howl. With another passing wind, she was gone.

"What do they want from me?" he wondered. Looking off into the distance, back where he'd come, he felt his being pulled back. Back to his birth place, and his family's murders. Looking back, he wondered how that she~wolf would react once she came back here and discovered that he was gone. "Sorry lady, but I can't stay here. At least not right now. I'll return, and fulfill my plan, but right now I have got to get back to my pack lands, my home. Hutch never made it back, nobody did. I can't let my family down. I'm sorry for what you've been through," with a flick of his ears, he started off in a trot, heading off into the vast opening of what looked like a large meadow like clearing, going on and on for miles. There were mountains in the distance, past those, he'd find his home again.