Pack Lands

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
I gently pick up the pup by his scruff and run as fast as possible to the cave I lay him in a warm spot and begin to clean his wounds with my tongue. I run and grab him a drink of water from the river , using moss from the cave as a sponge.
I clean him up and lay him against my warm stomach to warm him up. I felt a desperate need to protect him.

Reactions: Sav
He lifted his head up and glanced at the alpha that was suddenly at his side. He frowned watching her distress filling her soul so clearly. He wondered what just happened to make the very same alpha feel like that. He stood quiet thou. It wasn't non of his business and she probably didn't even wanted to speak about it. He watched her rubbing against the snow confused. He stood there, quiet, just dared to move slightly near her as support, his side barely touching her.

I noticed what Saigo was doing and internally scold him he was not as smart as he should be. I shake my head to clear it what he did was his business. I go back to watching over the pup.

Azrael whines as he's picked up, his wounds jostled and tears of pain prick his mismatched eyes. Azrael had one blue eye and one brown, his fur a mouse grey color flecked with white and black. Azrael's cries are silenced a bit when he feel's the warm reassurance of a gentle tongue cleaning his body, the blood dirt and grime is washed away as well as the infection from his half healed wounds. Azrael sniffles against the body he's curled against, memorizing the scent and attempting to nuzzle deeper into the warm fur. He didn't know what hurt more, the pain of hunger or the gashes on his torso and hind leg. Azrael let out a whimper, and began nosing through the thick fur he was snuggled against, the pup was hungry and he was in search of food leading with his nose of course.

She felt his nudge toward her and she looked up at him. She moved closer and let out a soft whine. Hurt and pain washed over her and she sighed, closing her eyes and putting her head back down against the snow. "Just hating memories." She whispered, feeling the wind whip around them. She wished that the snow would go away and summer would come back but it wouldn't. Not for some time.

"Memories are painful. Sometimes I just wish that I could forget all of it. Just start with a blank slate." She wasn't sure why she was telling him or why she even wanted to talk to him.

I sniff him he was still pretty young... would he need milk or meat? I give a internal sob what if he needed milk? I had none to feed him with... but I was responsible for him now.. the thought of letting someone else care for him seemed strangely horrible to me

Reactions: Sav
Azrael continued to nuzzle his way through the fur, his high pitched whines echoing in the cave as he did so. The pup could barely find what he was looking for, unlike his mother, this female wasn't swollen with milk, there wasn't even the barest scent of milk that divine sweetness that made his hunger go away and everything feel better but that didn't keep the hungry pup from looking, after all hunger was a strong motivator. He eventually found what he was looking for, gumming at the fleshy teat and the soft skin of the She-wolf under belly. So sure, he missed a few times but the pup was flying blind.

I sigh he was too young for meat... what was I going to do? I had no milk... I almost begin to cry.
"I'll figure something out little one... I promise
"

He perked his ears as she moved closer and started talking, his head lifting up again to look at her. Memories? Usually memories were the beat part of a mortal, or at least that was what he leaned in his job. "If you start over... You will make the same mistakes. Memories are for that, to learn. Never regret anything, not even remembering something." His red eyes glanced at her calmed.

I could always ask for...NO I could not reveal myself to them... it was too risky... oh god's HELP ME!!! I pray in my thoughts

Azrael whined again, oblivious to the distress of the female above him. The pup attempted to suckle, just as he did with his mother, but his efforts reaped no rewards and he pulled away and curled into himself. Azrael was a shallow pup, as were pups his age, so he found no use of the female if he wasn't going to be fed. She wasn't his mother, he felt no affection toward her. He simply didn't care, however the pup was grateful that she saved his life. So Azrael scooted away, curling into a tight ball causing his wounds to stretch and burn a bit. Azrael whining and whimpering refused to cease, like a human child crying for a bottle he wouldn't stop until he was either fed or dead and his whines were increasing in volume.

"You don't understand. He is dead now, so I can't make the same mistake." She whispered, looking toward him. She reminded him of Fleck.... whatever his name was. "Now I am here. An Alpha. Alone." She had opened her eyes when she looked at him but slowly closed them again. "Except the pup, who isn't even mine. I guess I am just a pushover. I hate seeing people in pain. That is why I took her in. She needs a mother." She sighed. "I'm not even mother material. I don't even have a mate."

I sigh I had to save this pup...it didn't matter how much it hurt me... I WOULD save this pup! I get to my paws glancing anxiously at Saigo as I leave... thankingfully he was busy talking to the Alpha to notice me. I run out and find a tall boulder I climb it and stand on it and howl to him begging to be given my wish. I suddenly feel myself rising and I am filled with a golden light...my wish was being granted... I thank him as I am placed back on the boulder,now I had milk and could feed the pup. I run back to the cave and lay against the pup again my teets now spread out and ready to feed him. It's okay little one... I can feed you now.

I look around so what if the others noticed I was suddenly producing milk? I'd tell them the spirits had heard her prayer and blessed her with the milk to feed the pup. It was the truth without the smallest details

He frowned again listening to her, almost annoyed. Why were mortals like this? Always blaming, degradating and hating themselves. He really couldn't understand. "Did you killed him? No. Then it was his mistake, and he can make it again, right? It wasn't yours. And yes, you are an alpha, so act like one." He spoke to her strong, for a moment knowing he was being harsh on her. But he was also honest and direct. "You have that pup, and your pack. You aren't alone and surely don't need a mate. Stay strong, don't let anyone step over you. You are just thinking in the past. Think about the present. The future. Why are you fighting? Why, for what should you fight for?" He looked at her serious, his body relaxed against her. "You have a lot to live for, and you aren't dying anytime soon. Make up your mind and keep on. Don't stay in the past."

"I know. You probably don't care. I'm sorry I am putting this all on you." She let out a short howl, calling to Rain. She looked back at the wolf beside her. "You do know it is warmer in the den. Not many wolves can stand the cold out here. I grew up here so I am used to it." She shook her fur out, hoping that her scar wasn't obvious to him. It was of course way at the other end and he probably wouldn't see it in the first place. "I'm assuming you don't want to talk about your past?"

I think about him and shudder I didn't like having to ask him for things but this was a different situation. He was a god... and part of my past. I had no choice but to ask him for help. Thankfully Saigo hadn't noticed me leave so I didn't have to explain why I knew a god.

The injured wolf had rushed out of the cave and came back with a pup. Rain moved back in surprise, trying to examine the situation. The pup was younger than her, that was certain. He still tried to drink milk while she had been freshly weaned a little before she found Clem and her pack. So many new things were happening, and it confused and frightened the pup. Her torn ear perked up at the short howl. She gave her own small one back, still working on trying to get better at her howls. She glanced back at the pup before moving to Clem. She had called, so Rain would come. The brown pup quickly went to go see Clem, curious as to what she wanted.

"You aren't throwing anything over me. I just gave you my opinion." He looked at her as she howled, probably calling for a specific wolf. She moved again and shook her fur. He saw something unusual on her fur at the other side, maybe a mark or scar, but he wasn't going to ask. "Nothing interesting. A normal childhood, then death of my parents, and continue of the 'family business' traveling alone." You could call that a family business as they also helped to guide the souls to the other world.

After he saw the tip of her tail disappear, he looked onto the horizon once more. Should he go back? He was so confused. Looking up at the stars, he wondered what to do next. "Hutch, pack members...what do I do? I can't stay here. That she~wolf says that she wants me to come back to the dens she and her pack live in, but I know how this story always ends. Either I end up dead, they do, or I remain the outcast. Alone I never have to face those facts...and don't have to count another loss," he said to the sky, as if he could see the faces of the ones he'd lost years ago. Sitting down into the snow, he stared up at those stars for a while.

No answer, per usual. Getting to his feet, he wasn't sure what to do next. Should he stay and become a pack member? He wouldn't get an opportunity to join a pack so freely again. But he couldn't shake the thought of losing everything away. Live off the land, learn to work in tune with it. His father was always wise with advice; they had been a strong loyal pack. How could he ever go back to that again? There had been no other pack like it to Fleck's knowledge. After sitting there for a while, he decided upon what he was going to do.

He'd join, but he refused to be held down by pack law. He would bring food back for the elderly, young and sick yes, but unlike pack wolves, he'd remain alone at night. He would hunt on his own. He would enjoy his own company. That was how things were with him, and would stay.

Heading back to his den, he'd tell Clem his terms tomorrow. For now, he knew that getting a few hours hunting in to offer a meal to one of the elders was a good gesture of his intentions. So, he set forth a mission to hunt down a couple good sized rabbits.

Satisfied with his catch about mid-moon high, he headed back to his den when he'd caught three large rabbits. Placing them into the snow to keep them cold, he curled up into his den and star gazed.