Pack Lands

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
nivek wondered into the snow wondering off. he didnt care if was about to storm or not. if it was gonna stom or be frezzing it would suit him just fine. as he walked off. the snow coming to his underside just barly, he pressed on ward unsure where his path will lead him next.

I wake up to find myself weaker than before... I needed food, and I needed it fast. I try to get to my paws and fall back down with weakness... if only I were in a fight.NO! I couldn't risk showing these wolves how much of a freak I truly was. I sigh and lay my head on my paws I wanted to fight this weakness... I wanted to live. But I just was too weak to hunt for myself. I knew i'd most likely be sent away... the pack wouldn't want a dying wolf to hinder them. It was inevitable... I would be abandoned. I rest my head on my blood colored paws and fall into a dreamless sleep... as I was too weak even to dream.

"Stop? I am not some toy you can just throw around. I am an Alpha. That might not mean anything to you but it does to me." She sat down in a huff and looked at him, her ears back in anger. "Yes. He said his name was Fleck. I thought it was you. What else do you need to know? I already told you that we grew up together." She didn't want to be here. It was another wolf? How did he know it? She wanted to go back to her safe den and talk with that Siago and Rain. She didn't want to be here.

"Why do you want to know?"

Looking at her with heavy pain, he felt like crying out. "The wolf you knew must have been my brother Hutch. He was my mirror, my best friend. I am sorry for everything he has done, and for your loss," he replied and turning to leave. Ears down, he looked defeated. "I'm sorry for the trouble I caused." He knew when to quit; now he knew where Hutch had gone. How could he have left happiness that easily? 'I'd have understood if you stayed damn it!'

He gazed at the horizon, back towards his homeland. Could he really just return to the place of his pack's massacure? His heart sank at the idea, but where else did he belong? He was scared; scared that he'd be killed, scared that he'd be completely alone. It would be a very long trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
"His father ran the pack. Him and I were in love. We were going to run away and have a pack of our own." She sighed, her hot breath rising in the cold air. "My mother didn't like that idea. I lost him. I haven't seen him since that day." She looked down at the ground and pawed at the snow. "I just wanted you to be him so bad. My life spiraled out of control after we left him. My mother got killed... You probably don't care. You can stay, you aren't bothering me." She stood up and turned, slowly trudging back to her den.

I wake up to the sight of the Alpha padding into the cave. I say nothing to inform her of my closeness to dying... she had more important things to deal with. I was nothing but a burden to the pack in the State I was in, my once strong body was now nothing but skin stretched over bones. My ribs showed prominently and my eyes were dull.

stopping, he whipped around. "You aren't the only wolf to have lost a loved one. After my brother died...I...I was alone...am alone. I saw all of the ones I held dear get shot down. I have no doubt in my mind that he charmed an older wolf to adopt him. He was a good guy, just he let greed get to him faster than any other wolves. But I know what it is like to lose a parent, and I am sorry for your loss," he said, looking over his shoulder. There was heavy sorrow in his eyes, and in his voice. He looked on and knew that he should get going soon if he was to make any kind of progress tonight.

"I have been through a lot too. Don't forget that. I have grown from the experiences, become an Alpha so that didn't happen again. Come sleep in the den. It is warmer. Plus there is food." She continued walking. She perked her ears up, smelling Rain. "Rain..." She growled and scooped her up. "Don't be running off! What if something happened to you? Come on, go into the den." She pushed her and looked back at Fleck. "Come on Fleck, I can't leave you out here. Your brother would kill me."

Aria took notice to another wolf who lay on the floor of the cave. Her fur was red not red like Arias but blood red. She looked like she had been injured. Aria had spent some time watching her, looking at her, she looked sick. Like she would just keel over at any minute. Her breathing was getting weaker too. She got up off ignoring her wound and padded over to the wolf. Aria nudged the wolfs snout with her own Trying to see if she was concious. She needed to get this wolf some food, or water, anything to help. " What is wrong, you do not look well." Aria grew more concerned as each second passed without a response.

'Your brother would kill me.' That just about killed him as he stood there; had she not heard that Hutch was dead? He felt a new wave of sympathy for her. He didn't want to go to her den, not after what just happened. Not that he was mad anymore, he just wanted to be left alone until he could sort out his thoughts. But the pressing matter was having to inform her that Hutch had been shot last year. Heaving a sigh, he turned around and looked at her. "Hutch wouldn't kill you," he began, "because he is dead. A hunter shot him from one of those flying machines last year during a hunt." The last part he said as he choked, a knot in his throat.

I wake up as I'm nudged on my muzzle. I see a brown she wolf and smile weakly.
"please help me.. I.. I am close to meeting death.. I need food... please," I whisper. I lay my head on my paws too weak to hold it up

"I know." She called behind her shoulder. "Why do you think I have this?" She moved her tail to the side, a large gash ran down her right leg. It was hidden mostly but the wind blew the fur away. It was jagged and painful looking. She kept walking, her ears down and her head hung. She didn't want to talk to him about it. She had hoped that he wasn't dead but she knew.

She ran that day, as fast as she could. She knew he had been hurt but didn't know he had been killed. She sucked in a breath, rubbing Rain before going back to the den. She pushed Rain in and laid down next to Saigo. She didn't want to talk to anyone, or be near anyone but him. Something about him calmed her down. She buried her head in the snow and rubbed at her ears. Painful memories resurfaced.

Aria's slightly less red fur seemed to mix in with this wolfs as she stood over her trying to hear what she was saying. Food of course. She made a dash for the meat the hunter of the pack had caught a while earlier. It was a mammoth of a deer and she struggled to drag it into the cave. The wolf still lay on the ground, and Aria figured she was too weak to move so she walked back over to the she wolf and grabbed her haunches in her teeth slightly clamping down to get a firm grip. She tried her best to smoothly move the wolf towards the meat without jostling her too much. When they were close enough Aria gently layed the wolf down and released her. "Eat your feel then when you regain your strength I will accompany you to the river for a drink." She sat down close to the wolf and just watched.

I smell something that makes me alive with hunger and my mouth waters.. MEAT!
I gather myself and tear into the deer trying to contain myself from eating it all... I eat half of the deer before I am full and look at the wolf beside me. My yellow eyes had regained some of their vibrance and I felt so much better.
"Thank you so much...you saved my life. I am forever in your debt. I can't thank you enough for your kindness," I stutter unable to comprehend her kindness.
I wasn't used to wolves actually caring about what happened to me.

Rain didn't really get a chance to try and explain herself as she was pushed into the den. She looked out, whining softly as she watched the alpha rub her ears in hurt. She walked back into the den, not wanting to upset the wolf further. She saw the red wolves talking with each other. The brown wolf thought she had seen another wolf, but he must have left. The pup had nothing to do if she didn't want to anger Clem again. She wanted to figure out who the wolf Clem was talking to was. Maybe he was going to join, though it didn't seem like it from how he upset the alpha. Rain let her brown eyes watch the two red wolves, laying her head on her paws.

I Notice a brown pup watching us speak and smile kindly at her.

Azrael was starving, the pup was only a few weeks old and had barely opened his eyes. After being abandoned for being the smallest and frailest in the litter, Azrael found himself curled up beneath a cluster of underbrush trying to hide himself from the predators of this forest. Despite his mother's harsh words and painful bite to his midsection, Azrael called for her. High pitched whimpering whines that rattled his bones and made him cough after wards. The pup was laying in a puddle of his own blood, in too much pain to shed tears. Azrael was alone, so, so, so very alone. It was funny how he was weak in strength but in intelligence and intellect he was fierce. Azrael was much more intelligent than the average wolf, whether it be by mutation or genetics he'd never know. The pup snorted up some blood, and he'd probably smile if he had the facial muscles to do so.
Azrael was going to die and he knew it.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-​

The she wolf seemef to perk up a gain some energy. Aria gave her a wolfy grin. "Nonsense, we are a pack now. We are family and I would give up my life for my family. In a pack we have to protect the weak until they are strong enough to protect themselves as well. Do not worry about me, I can hunt in my condition you cannot. Eat as much as you can."

I smell the blood of a young wolf and jump to my paws, my senses and physical power were greater than normal wolves. I run into the snow, my strength returning to me. I follow the scent of the blood and find a wounded pup beneath a bush.
"It's okay little one I'm not going to hurt you... I can help you," I say to him. I was a young adult she wolf with vibrant yellow eyes, fur the color of freshly spilled blood, and crimson teeth.
But despite my horrifying appearance I smile at him gently and kindly.

Azrael let out a choked whimper, the sound being cut short by the copious amounts of blood that he coughed up. His small body almost sagged in relief, his eyes barely staying open. He could make out a faint outline of the wolf above him, but he was mainly relying on scent and hearing at this point. He smelt a female wolf, and heard a kind voice so he had no reason to be afraid, despite this knowledge, Azrael couldn't silence the pitiful whine that escaped him and wiggled a bit, immediately ceasing the movement when white hot pain traveled through his belly. He had a large gaping gash there, as well as a cut on his hind left leg.