Overwatch

• Thread starter MurderDeathKill
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Overwatch with @Grumpy was fun, especially that whole last defense we had going with a double Reinhart contest defense. My tracer game is 80/20 good to bad, it seems 8D

When you get going as junkrat... the game is possibly the most fun I had in a game in ages.

When you get going as junkrat... the game is possibly the most fun I had in a game in ages.
I am not good at these types of games.
When I play as Junkrat though, I'm not completely awful, and I can even get a few kills in.

Not gonna lie, this beta has really sold me on Overwatch as a game.

You can't always tell how a game will play just by footage, so actually being able to get my hands on it and try it out has been great. Everything from the animations to the character design to the netcode feels and acts brilliant.

• Useful
Reactions: Windsong
The 20 tickrate thing struck me as nothing but technical jargon. Until I kept getting killed from around corners.

That and the totally random matchmaking are my few gripes.

Also, Amazon Prime has the Origins edition for $48 rather than the full 60.

Holy shit, the Overwatch open Beta is out! I've been so busy with Uni I completely forgot. I'll go download that right this second, I've been super hyped to be able to pl--

13dc9ea6d046d159f0c4e9d78d898840.png

ef4676f4edd3cc23a34408778561d835.png

Oh.

1399188406344.gif

That's fine.​

• Love
Reactions: grey987
Holy shit, the Overwatch open Beta is out! I've been so busy with Uni I completely forgot. I'll go download that right this second, I've been super hyped to be able to pl--
Psst. It's been extended until the 10th. (Today.) You still have a few hours.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Psst. It's been extended until the 10th. (Today.) You still have a few hours.
I just got up and walked out of a lecture, I can get the notes later.

See you all in a few.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the beta ended at 10:00 AM, Pacific Time, in all regions.
That was about 3 and a half hours ago.
I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Man, going back to TF2 after 9 straight days of Overwatch was weird. I also forgot how much I hate pubs and love competitive mode, even with the broken matchmaking.

Edit: Speaking of competitive mode, I have a beta invite for anybody who wants it, PM me with your Steam ID so I can friend ya and send it over.

Last edited by a moderator:

13dc9ea6d046d159f0c4e9d78d898840.png

ef4676f4edd3cc23a34408778561d835.png

Oh.

1399188406344.gif

That's fine.​
I feel you so strongly on this... Despite the fact that the beta had apparently been extended to the 10th (yesterday), I tried downloading it on my PS4 on the 9th when it was originally supposed to end... It told me that I could not access it at that time.

Much anguish was had that night, especially since my friends had all played it beforehand. I mean, I'm still getting the full game, but... it would have been nice to play the beta.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Worth the pre-order. Launch is gonna be fun to pubstomp for a few weeks.

Here. Have some salt to relish in. May it preserve you for the twelve days remaining.

Here. Have some salt to relish in. May it preserve you for the twelve days remaining.

I look forward to Blizzard's strategy for dealing with a Bastion being shielded by a Reinhardt.

Or just D.VA overload tank rush since her mech can't be destroyed by conventional fire when overloading and deals 1,000 points of damage. All you have to do is burst rush it past the shield and into Bastion and he (and probably Rein) are dead. At the very least you'll drop Rein's shield.

If you don't want to waste your mech doing that, hit the E key and laugh as you stop all offensive fire from Bastion for several seconds, while your allies unload everything on Rein's shield and drop it quicker than a fumbled dead baby joke.

Plus, most maps have multiple ways around and are cleverly designed with several height differences. Widowmaker will still completely wreck Bastion and Rein won't know how to deal with it.

Then there's the option of Mei's ultimate to freeze them solid since she can pop up a wall to get in close and drop it to lock them both up for her team to murder them.

And then there's Junkrat's grenade launcher, which only needs a corner or some other location he can lob grenades over for him to easily manipulate the environment into blowing up any camping fucko to bits and pieces.

Then there's Lucio's ultimate, which gives his entire team a massive health and speed boost so they can simply bum rush Bastion like the 100 meter dash at the Olympics.

Russian chick (forget her name)'s ultimate makes them sitting ducks for pretty much anyone to fucking wreck em'.

Hanzo's ultimate doesn't give a single half of a fuck about Rein's shield and will rip through Bastion like a hot knife through butter. Plus his scattering arrow shot (if used properly) can kill Bastion behind Rein's shield if Bastion is up against a wall like he should be.

Bastion is probably one of the easiest characters to counter actually, because he's as one dimensional as it gets. :ferret:

Genji isn't as good a counter as you think though. An attentive Bastion can just give Genji a love-tap and wait out his inevitable block before unloading on him fully.

>BRT
>Genji activates block
>Wait for it... wait for it...
>BRRRRTTTTTTT

Widowmaker and Hanzo are much more reliable IMO. Bastion's efficacy really drops off at longer ranges, and Hanzo has the benefit of being able to dash in and out of cover without losing damage output.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.