Overwatch

• Thread starter MurderDeathKill
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reinheart and Bastion? Say hello to Pharah and Junkrat

How easily can this game be picked up by a complete newb at FPS? I never got a chance to play TF2 (laptop couldn't handle it) and I've been eagerly following this game since the first promos, I love the lore and back history and characters, but I've never played a multiplayer FPS in my life. I doubt there's a single player mode eh?
I really want to play it ugh

Nah, no singleplayer. There's a Versus AI mode for practising, but this is very much a team-based multiplayer shooter.

Though I wouldn't say there's a huge barrier to entry. Even if you've only played singleplayer FPS games you'll grasp the core gameplay concepts, so from there its just a bit of getting your head around the way people play (as opposed to AI). So long as you're picking heroes that complement your party's current roster and working with your team-mates, you'll be doing way better than that one gobshite who's been playing multiplayer for years but always picks fucking Hanzo no matter the circumstance.

WE HAVE TWO WIDOWMAKERS ALREADY, YOU SLACK-JAWED GOBSHITE. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING AS ANOTHER SNIPER?!

WE HAVE TWO WIDOWMAKERS ALREADY, YOU SLACK-JAWED GOBSHITE. WHY ARE YOU PLAYING AS ANOTHER SNIPER?!
GRUMPY CHAAAAN. HANZO IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL. MY 1337 ARROW SNIPING WILL WIN THE DAY!

WTF GENJI BLOCKING MY ARROWS OP NERF.

[Fondly remembers the Full-Tracer rush tactic that nobody knew how to counter for a solid day, quantity is a quality]

Blizzard cinematics are incredible. (Also, creative, to cling to their PG-13 rating as hard as is humanly possible. :ferret:)

Thought I'd share this:

13245231_612372095587269_9012044950557784606_n.png

Fluffy#1760 is my Battle.net kajigger.

• Useful
Reactions: Windsong
I'll jump on board as soon as bugs and exploits are fixed. Maybe.

I'll jump on board as soon as bugs and exploits are fixed. Maybe.
This is Blizzard on launch day.

Anyone remember Diablo 3's launch? Couldn't play for 2 days.

I wasn't available to play D3 on launch day (though I already had a free copy waiting for me), but I've played many a WoW expansions on launch day. Those generally went over okay.

Besides queues, yeah, Wow launches go good. If they didn't have any during the FREE to public beta then launch should go okay.

What kind of bugs did you find though? Usually if I find one it's glossed over and forgotten in seconds. Never been to critical of non-gamebreaking ones.

I still maintain Bastion is easily counterable if you have a team that knows what it's doing.

Also, launch hype. I'll not be preordering (because fuck people who do that), but I'll most likely be picking it up in the first few days.

You know, once it's patched.

Overwatch really needs a goddamn movie.

That cracks me up something fierce.

It can happen erry so often. Fluffy, Pete and I basically cleared fucking shop when we were pub-stomping together, and that was with several opposing Bastions. Just needs a bit of coordination.

And/or a Reinhardt adding that robot to his shit list.

It can happen erry so often. Fluffy, Pete and I basically cleared fucking shop when we were pub-stomping together, and that was with several opposing Bastions. Just needs a bit of coordination.

And/or a Reinhardt adding that robot to his shit list.
Friends is the only real way to make it work unless you just happen to get a bunch of high level randoms with long hours. The best strategy overall is an all Mei team, though. Ameizing success every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.