Overwatch

• Thread starter MurderDeathKill
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the right distance, Mei's right click deals a fuckton of damage. In fact, Mei played properly can harass the shit out of Bastion.
Mei can harass the shit out of everyone. I love playing her and keeping half a team zoned with walls while freezing the stragglers solid for my team mates to murder

I'm finding Bastion isn't too hard to take down when I'm running Reinhardt. I just wait for him to reload and then hobo-rush the shit out of him.

Enjoy getting mushed against a wall, you wannabe turret fuck.

Three Bastions. Three Toblerones.

It wasn't a fun set of matches.

Also I'm a bit bummed that the games already getting boring. Are they adding more maps on release maybe? More game modes? Custom maps please?!

I think there are way more maps, definitely. Maybe another mode or two.

I also believe that with competitive mode will come restricting heroes to one of that hero per team (thank Christ).

Random hero mode or whatever it's called needs a system in place to insure that one of each kind of hero gets placed on each team. As it stands now, whoever gets the Support, wins.

And there does need to be some balancing. Bastion is so good. Simple-boring, but so good. His turret mode should take longer to set-up and break-down, and he should be restricted to a tighter frontal arc.

Giant fat-fucker Pig-guy should NOT have a self-heal!! With that many hit points, and that much damage/CC? No. Way. You stack two of him on a team, and they just go and go and go and wreck shit.

Most of the DPS heroes are actually surprisingly balanced. Pharah is hard to deal with because Z-Axis, but fun and, yeah, balanced.

Uh, what else...

Winston needs a fix to his ulti. I like him a lot, but I can't stand how it smacks away heroes! I ulti, leap, smack, and... Die. Because I smacked away all of the enemy team giving them the opening to kill me. It's frustrate. I also think his should be centered on him and be momentarily move-able, not plant-able.

THESE ARE JUST MY THOUGHTS.

Been playing Overwatch. I somehow feel like Mercy is my type of hero to go as, with her healing/buffing

(why the heck am i always better with support people)

Been playing Overwatch. I somehow feel like Mercy is my type of hero to go as, with her healing/buffing

(why the heck am i always better with support people)
Us tanks need your sort.

• Useful
Reactions: Windsong
Until May 9th?

I guess I could give it a try.
Dear me of the past, what have you done. This will now consume my life. Supports are satisfying as hell to play. Except Mercy, she's kind of a bland sort of TF2 Medic kind of character, but, she brings needed balance to the supports. Plus, her ultimate ability is satisfying. It's just such a shame she spends 90% of the game playing a point and click adventure game where she uses her yellow heal beam so that other people can do things you wish you could be doing.

Trying to get used to picking and mastering one person from each role though, since flexibility is always paramount to success in team games. I like Bastion because he turns the game into EZmode because point and click adventures are fun when you have 200 rounds a clip. D.VA is great fun too. There's little more satisfying than flying high up in the sky over a building and behind the enemy team before dropping her ultimate and then running away. Taking out four people at the same time with that ultimate is hilarious and terrifying. Still trying to pick an offense character to master, not sure which one I want though. The only one I'm decent at is Soldier 76, but that's probably because Soldier 76 is as mechanically simplistic as it gets. (Aside from Bastion's "press LShift to murder people" mechanic.)

I'm not sure why Bastion has a self heal actually. It makes it so that whatever clever harassment the enemy does to my position is erased constantly. It's really silly.

I've played it a bit. Overall the game is quite fun, but I can see it becoming boring over time. Limited maps and game modes will do that, but I'm sure that will remedied over time. However, what maps they do have right now are downright beautiful; Very bright colours that blend well together, extremely detailed and over quite polished in an aesthetically pleasing way. And they got decent mechanics too I guess.

As for the character's, well, I guess I'll give my take on each:

Genji: High skill, high reward. Plain and simple, a bad Genji is little more than completely useless and a good one is halfway untouchable, weaving through teams throwing shurikens all the while murdering everyone with their own ordnance. Of course, with the open Beta just coming out an' all, most fall towards the former. Pro tip: His block can deflect any projectile in the game, including ults like Tracer's time bomb.

McCree: Alright, people complain about his stun grenade, but without it he'd be nearly useless a lot of the time. His ult manages to be one of the most powerful and one of the weakest at the same time as it is so, so easy to counter.

Pharah: Don't have much to say really, rockets are alright, mobility is awesome, but puts you in harms way.

Reaper: At first glance I thought he would suck. A slow, broody, Darth-Vader-walking assassin with stubby, close range shotguns that he pulls from his kidneys. I was wrong. So, so wrong. I vastly underestimated the utility of his slow-ass teleport and the healing orbs give him just enough sustain to keep fighting in team battles. The get-out-of-shit free button is also nice. Probably my favorite offensive character at the moment

Soldier 76: Easy to play, but has enough utility to keep him interesting and is effective in almost all situations. Sprint may be one of the most powerful mobilities in the game.

Tracer: Another high skill, high reward type. Didn't really play her much myself.

Bastion: Oh poor, poor Bastion, hated by so many and for only reasons I can deem somewhat reasonable. He does an absolutely ludicrous amount of damage in turret mode, and it capable of mowing down entire teams in seconds. But, he is easily countered with a little bit of spacial awareness (and maybe a sniper). I do feel he should just be the tiniest bit slower though, his transformations and healing specifically. Not much, but a fraction of a second would make a big difference.

Hanzo: Did you enjoy playing huntsman sniper back in TF2? Well then you'd enjoy Hanzo, 'cause that's all he really is, plus a wall climb ability and a ult that can wipe unwary teams with hilarious ease. Of the two snipers he's easily my favorite.

Junkrat: A vastly underestimated hero, capable of putting out a ludicrous amount of damage in a short period of time, a good player could easily wipe an unwary team with a couple magazines of his launcher, one of the less prominent ones however (probably because he's a trainspotting, schizo-looking motherfucker), though I feel he will get more play as the game grows. Currently my favorite character overall.

Mei: Blizzard always needs an ice mage, and Mei fits the designation like a glove. Ignoring the whole incredibly pandering 'Chinese Climatologist' angle, she is an incredibly fun hero with incredibly trolling and team play potential. Fucks tanks likes it's nobodies business.

Torbjorn*: Kinda boring. I thought I'd like him a lot more than I do, he's just so incredibly unremarkable.

Widowmaker: You blew it Blizzard, you were given one chance to shine and you let it slip through your fingers like WoW's subscriber base. I'm of course referring to Widowmaker's venom mines or whatever the hell they're called. Blizzard, buddy ol' pal Blizzard, you own the damn rights to Star Craft, you have a character named Widowmaker that lays down mines that crawl to enemies that come to close. Could you not put two and two together? Was the creative team hit with a bout of sudden-onset-retardation when given the chance to make the simplest of connections? WIDOWMINES you imbeciles! Just... How? You know what, I don't want to know, just fix it before launch and I might re-consider buying the game.

Otherwise Widowmaker is an unremarkable sniper with a deceptively powerful ultimate.

D.VA: So, you're going along enjoying a solid point capture mission, you're not doing too bad, but you're not exactly dominating either. Mediocre, but hey, you can't always be MVP. It's then a screeching facsimile of a woman's voice makes its way into your headset:

"Ell-Oh-Ell!"

You suddenly feel feint and the acrid taste of bile starts making its way to the back of throat, "What the hell was that?" you think, half-way convinced your mind just played an incredibly cruel joke on itself. A moment of silence passes and you're confident that whatever it was its gone now and you continue playing, trying your best to forgot what you just heard.

"I Play To Win!"

A sudden warm, wet sensation runs down the sides of your face, you risk a touch and your fingertips return red; Your eyeballs have suddenly started weeping blood. Not that you care, all you care about at that very moment is release, your wrists yearn for the welcoming bite of a razor blade while your throat seeks the endless comfort of a noose. You consider quitting the match for a moment, but you had just managed a sick quad-kill that would surely be the play of the game. So, foolishly, you press on.

"NERF THIS!"

All goes black for a moment.When you come to, blood, blood everywhere. The walls, the floor, the ceiling. A look at the in-game timer suggests you were out for no more than a few seconds and after a frantic glance around your studio apartment confirms your cat, Colonel Stubbs, missing. Your mind screams to quit the game, but your hands do not follow, continuing to push points despite the blood starting to jam the keys. You have to finish the game, it is the only escape now.

"Time to raise my APM!"
"I'm Numba one!"
"No Hacks required"

You weather the banshee's onslaught with heroic resilience, each syllable destroying more braincells faster your countless hours grinding paragon levels on Diablo III. After six endless minutes you manage to find yourself with your team on the B point. The enemy team was wiped one good push and victory, and release, is seconds away.

"Gee-Gee!"

You are gunned down five days later in a shoot out with law enforcement. In the last few days you have set an old folks home on fire, collapsed a bridge and bombed multiple schools. The media would spin it as an ISIL attack, just another maddened extremist. Little do they know of the real, more insidious reason. At least now you know peace.

TLDR; I'd prefer if she was North Korean.

Reinhardt: A real team player, great for making pushes towards objectives and otherwise assisting allies. Can't really hold his own though, as his massive shield can be easily out maneuvered and his hammer does very lackluster damage (Really Blizz? 50? It's a fuckin' rocket-maul!).

Roadhog: 'I'm a one man apocalypse.' This simple phrase Roadhog utters at the beginning of matches really explains the entirety of his character. More so than other tanks he is suited for solo play, he doesn't offer much to the team aside from his hook and he's often more than capable of dealing with whomever he catches by himself. I can kind of get why people see him as OP, but really, all he is is a straightforward, dumb brute character that can be outmaneuvered by just about anyone. Just don't get too close, 'cause that's his territory.

Winston: Underwhelming. Very underwhelming. If there's a character I dare call under powered its Winston. He shield breaks too fast, his gun deals pitiable damage and his ult has a tendency to as much a negative as a boon. The only advantage he has over most other tanks is his mobility.

Zarya: So, so powerful if played well. If you have the shields down you are possibly the most useful tank in the game. She can easily negate ultimates and otherwise render her team nearly unstoppable. Her ult's pretty good too.

Lucio*: My favorite support character. Fast, easy(ish) and can hold his own in a fight. Also, who can say no to wall running?

Mercy: As basic they come. Useful, but not too fun.

Symmetra: Strangely fun and useful on both offence and defence. Frantically throwing down sentries as chaotic battle erupts around you is a rush for reasons I don't fully understand. Also, portal, it's just useful.

Zenyatta: Eh, I have trouble clicking with him. Not that he's bad by any stretch of the imagination nor is really boring gameplay wise, I personally don't find him too fun. His health is deceptively good, 100 points of shield goes a long way.

*I'm too lazy to insert special characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 3 of open beta... I have not seen daylight.... send help...

Got a 15 kill streak with Tracer. Loving this game. 8D

So, due to procrastination and issues involving the generally shoddy internet connection in my apartment in relation to my PS4... it looks like I won't be playing the Overwatch beta after all.

... Fuck.

Apparently it's gonna be open till the 10th. So there's hope yet.

Also, a fine session of pleb-stomping was had with Fluffy and Butters today. Mercy healing stronk.

Lucio may well sell me on this bloody game..

• Dat speed buff out the gate. Flying past enemy nests faster than they react completely shitting on their built defenses.
  • Pre-emptive healing. See an ult? Pop his E and watch people move faster than people aim ults.
  • Healing Song, sitting behind Reinhardt taking out bastions for him.
  • Move so fast no one can keep track while wall riding to safety
  • Ult makes a 300(?) shield for everyone on the team
He seems awfully slow at healing since its a passive AoE so it's hard to 'save' people with him unless you use his E, which is just a HoT.

Also what does 95% of the Match on Fire mean? Did I do something awesome or something?

Looks like it means I basically did everything all of the time.

JUNKRAT AND HANZO ARE MY JAM

HOLY SHIT MOVE OVER SCRUBBA-DUBB-DUBB-LORDS. MURDER EVERYTHING.

6 headshots in twenty seconds ehehehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
JUNKRAT AND HANZO ARE MY JAM

HOLY SHIT MOVE OVER SCRUBBA-DUBB-DUBB-LORDS. MURDER EVERYTHING.
Half my Hanzo encounters are..

Hanzo on the ground plinking at people. Me playing jacked up Lucio, don't even see him. Flying past a doorway where Hanzo is.

PLUNK.

Kill can is him aiming at someone else and I get an arrow to the face flying past him.

I have the same issue with Junkrat that I do with the Demoman in TF2.

Half the time my game is totally on point, I'm slinging nades and sploding dudes like it's some ultraviolent reinterpretation of the Fourth of July.

Other half of the time I can't play them for shit; my nades are going literally everywhere other than where the enemies are at, my traps keep getting busted and I'm more likely to kill myself with my ult than I am an opponent.

Decided to play PvP with @Windsong for a few matches. He went Lucio, I went D.VA. We did not lose a single match. Turns out having a support and tank work together properly wins games.

Also, hard AI is actually appropriate practice material, since the AI gets a damage boost it punishes the shit out of you for making any sort of mistake. Do like.

EDIT

By the way, Windsong, watching you blow people off of ledges with Lucio was hilarious. Holding that point when it was just you and me without my mech was even more hilarious. (How did people not figure out to just group up together and overwhelm a little Korean girl and a black guy with robot legs anyway?)

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
Cos the little Korean girl has a giant robot friend, and the black dude can kill them with dubstep.

Status
Not open for further replies.