Overlords and Guardians; Age of Antagonism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay Selvi. I am a bit busier than I expected I would be. I should have some info and ideas up tonight or tomorrow.

A few questions:
1. What kind of Werewolves are these exactly? Are they more wolves when they transform? Or are they more Skyrim type that are better as infantry?
2. How do you use Hide Tags on these forums? Never mind, found that out.
3. How big are the Ogres/Ogiers exactly? I can't figure out whether they more Might and Magic where they're monsters, but more human sized, or more like the ones in Lord of the Rings (I think those are Ogres) that tower over everyone and can pose a threat to fortifications.
Aside from that, my sheet should be ready momentarily.
EDIT: My sheet is ready for Review. I will eventually add some lore for the desert town and I still have to check with Fubuki to make sure my history checks out, but I'm not expecting difficulties there. My Captains are ready for their ability rolls.
1: More skyrim style.
3: 1st image, the big ugly fellow is an Ogier. The second image, Ogres. ogre's average 9-12 feet tall.

Wheel_of_Time_heroes_by_splinter82.jpg

ogrekingdoms.jpg

I'd just like to pop in here and express my interest. I'm currently working on a CS and am in the process of hammering out details and rounding up traits and whatnot. I'll probably have a preliminary sheet come tomorrow.
Welcome to Overlords and Guardians Foxxie

So, no asking for CS review until it's all done? Alright.

So, no asking for CS review until it's all done? Alright.
If you are done with traits, lands, armies and captains, costwise but not bios/fluff/backstory I can take a gander at your sheet and see if the math is all right.

If you are done with traits, lands, armies and captains, costwise but not bios/fluff/backstory I can take a gander at your sheet and see if the math is all right.
All done but the bio's and captains (biowise, again.)

Yeah, I won't be able to do a proper review of sheets until the weekend.
Busy with work.
'k.

Right, the traits I'm being indecisive on. :(

Posting for alerts and shit while working on CS.

Character concept: berserking, man-eating overduchess who can't recruit a proper army or govern an area for the life of her. Spoiler alert: possibly because she eats it.

WIP sheet

EDIT: Done. Worst army ever, represent!

• Basic Information
    Name: Meinir
    Race: Human
    Preferred Equipment: Cutting and piercing weaponry.
    Biography
    Wastelands... Yes, her birthplace is a good metaphor. Born into a cradle of nothingness, one could say an overduchess' ambition died before it could even kindle. Yet, a restless power flows through her veins...

A child was born in the forgotten fortress once known as the Cradle of Giants. Raised in the company of nobody but her mother, the child would have a solitary childhood. She knew not of their hiding, nor of it's reason. The child was kept in the dark of the outside world... But she knew no different. She was taught skills with seemingly no purpose. Swordplay, without ever facing an opponent needing to be cut down. Etiquette, without ever setting foot in any court. Reading and writing, without anyone to ever write to. The child knew no better but to fill her days with these lessons she could not apply. Yet, on one fateful day, at the age of seven, the child overcame her mother in a sparring match and she learned her potential was far greater than her mother could ever teach...

Intrigued, the child became disobedient. She would leave the fortress' walls on her own accord... Now that her mother couldn't stop her. Her first steps in the desert confirmed her loneliness... But as the days passed and her trips outside the walls became longer, the child stumbled upon something; life. It was smaller than her, but a tiny burrowing scorpion... Yet it's significance to the child couldn't be greater. There was more to learn in this world than her mother let on... And this lead her to question her parent.

The mother soon grew frightened of her daughter. The child's strength grew by the day, reaching proportions beyond that of any ordinary human girl... And so did her temper. Reminded of her late husband, the mother could not help but bow her head to the child. The overlord had left many tomes of magic hidden within the desert keep, meant to be inherited by his heir. Much as her mother wanted to prevent her daughter from becoming what she was meant to be, she one day tried to burn the books. However, an overlord's will is not so easily destroyed and an overduchess' nature not thwarted so easily. When the child found her mother trying to torch her inheritance, she felt a powerful bond connecting her to the paper the flames could not consume. She tossed her mother aside and claimed what were her father's mementos.

As if guided by her blood, the child learned magic. At first, she would let flames dance on her fingers like tiny candles, but as she delved further into her studies, the child learned to control the elements more freely. She could form water from nothingness, she could command the winds around her and manipulate the earth she walked upon... But the child remained without a use for her power. Her magic was, without application, little but cheap entertainment...

It would be until her ninth birthday that the child remained alone... It was that day, she met a proud warrior race that would forever change her life. A scouting division of a lionataur pride stumbled the Cradle of Giant, seeking refuse from a travel that had worn them greatly... However, they expected the stronghold to be abandoned. When they began to scale the walls, the mother attempted to persuade the lionataurs to leave. They would not. Exhausted from their travels, the lionataurs required water and substance. They threw aside the human woman, but to their surprise found a mere child would stand between them and the oasis.

Witnessing the swordplay of the lionataur, the child found a purpose for her lessons. She took up her own blade and challenged the uninvited guests. Aided by her thunderous strength and iron skin, she struck down one after another. Bathing in the blood of the beastmen, the child transformed into a feral overduchess, drunk on her own power. Her mere image inspired a fear that overwhelmed the remaining lionataurs and they fled the Cradle of Giants, leaving the child and her terrified mother in the keep...

The child's rage shook the mother; it was yet another sign none of her efforts could stop her child from growing up to mirror her father. It was not just the mother, who recognised the making of an overduchess. Weeks after the events, the lionataur tribe returned, lead by Raanan, whom bowed to the child...

From that day forth, there stood nothing between the child and her calling. She practiced her talents and awakened more of the latent inheritance sleeping within her. Raanan revealed to her his pride had once served her father and told her the story of his legacy. An overlord who had laid claim to a land, only to be overthrown by a guardian. Raanan asked for the child's aid in his pride's revenge, as many of his kin had been slain in battle. Yet while the lionataur expected the child to take up her father's mantle and dedicate her life to reviving his legacy, the child had no interest in the game of conquest and denied the pride's request.

Not satisfied with this response, Raanan called upon a tale passed down to him by his elders. As per lionataur tradition, those holding back the tribe were either abandoned or killed, but for this instance an exception would have to be made. Raanan sent scouts to every corner of the lands, in search for those who had fought in the battles that had wounded his pride so. Four years passed, before an old warrior was found and brought back to the Cradle of Giants; where she was slain and served to the child on a platter...

After she had devoured her meal, the memories of the lioness became the child's own. They awakened a hatred within her. The child agreed to help Raanan. She would leave her home and rally a force able to lay waste to those who had defeated her father. The child rallied forces of some of the strongest of races; contracting the loyalties of dragon ogres, the cyclops and trolls through force. More sacrifices were made to feed the flames of vengeance within the child... Who had grown into a young woman. Now, twenty years of age, the child can wait no more. She takes the name of Meinir, and leads her misfit ragtag of forces to destroy guardian-kind.
  • sorceress_by_Roboto_kun.jpg

beacon___the_valkyrie_by_joshcorpuz85-d8123qy.jpg
  • Stats
    Physical: 8 Magical: 8
    Command: 4 Wealth: 6
    Influence: 2 Dedication: 2
    Standard Traits
    Physical: Thunderous Strength Iron Skin Berserker Rage Berserker Rage Berserker Rage Dragon's Breath Cannibal Night Sight
    Magical: Fire Magic Water Magic Earth Magic Air Magic Environmental Magic Something in the Dark Brutal Obedience Gateway
    Command: Troll Cyclops Lionataur Dragon Ogre
    Wealth: Furs Goblin Iron Orc Steel Meteoric Iron Small Lands Mercenaries
    Influence: Bandit Clan Dark Loremaster
    Dedication: Shield of Hate Can't Kill the Messiah
    Special Traits
    • From Blood to Wine - A dark magic that sends Meinir's regenerative ability into overdrive. The mere taste of blood, even if extra-terrestial or undead, will steal (un)life from her opponent and add it to her own, and when in a berserker trance, she can wolf down a grown man in under twenty seconds.
    • You Are What You Eat - When cannibalising, Meinir obtains the memories of her victims. If she consumes something of great power, there is a chance she will take traits of theirs for herself.
  • Lands
    Area Name: Remyard
    Land types: Mountain & Desert
    Description: A lifeless wasteland, surrounded by a trail of treacherous mountains as far as the eye can see... Although but few of this range belongs to Remyard. Once it was heralded as the center of homeland of giants, but all the relics of it's past has been erased from the pages of history ages ago. With the exception of one city and a few scattered farms, there is little life on the surface...
    Upgrades:
    • Oasis City (100)
    • Oasis Farm *12 (240)
    • Mines (20)
    • Great Mines (40)
    Lair
    Name: Cradle of Giants
    Type: Desert Fortress (100)
    Upgrades:
    • Good (100)
    • Expanded Barracks *2 (50)
    • Library (25)
    • Meat Stores (75)
    • Large Smithy (50)
  • Raanan the Bloodfang is the leader of his pride that shares his name. He is a prideful lionataur, but remarkably clever for his kind, exploiting the natures of others to his advantage. Raanan is dedicated to the restoration of the honour of his kin. An honour that can only be won through the shedding of blood.

Traits:
    • Weapon Mastery 1
    • Bezerker Rage 2
    • Tactician 2
    • Bloodfang, Raanan is in possession of a ancient rune weapon, a glaive named Bloodfang, for it thirsts for blood, its thirst amplifying Raanan's Bezerker Fury making it a even more fearsome sight to behold and send weak-minded enemies fleeing in terror

Kregorek is the strongest dragon ogre known to dwell the mountain range. In contests of pure strength, he claims to be undefeated. Nonetheless he fears Meinir more than any other. He describes the loyalty of his people to the overduchess as a pact with the devil himself.

Traits:
    • Weapon Mastery 3
    • Thunderous Strength
    • Ironskin
    • Dragonheart
    • Night-Sight

Garhilde is the spawn of a dragon ogre and a human woman's unholy union. Her conception was a horror and by being brought onto the world she killed her own mother. Her father took it upon him raise the child. Garhilde has suffered much discrimination during her childhood, but through sheer force of will she conquered the respect of the dragon ogres in battle.

Traits:
    • Weapon Mastery 3
    • Leader 2
    • Tactician 1
    • Ironskin

Wizog is as capable with his hammer in the smithy as he is on the battlefield, even if he vastly prefers the former. He has agreed to work for Meinir, but is distrustful of her and does not understand her ambitions. Unlike his mistress, Wizog says he desires to lay claim to a land to house his cyclops brethren... A claim that can be pulled into question when considering his schizoid personality.

Traits:
    • Weapon Mastery 3
    • Armour Expert
    • Thunderous Strength
    • Battle Leap, what is scarier than a cyclops? A cyclops going into a charge and then leap into the middle of a battle formation, sending his enemies sprawling, moments before his mighty weapon smashes down to crush you into the ground.

Vulzal is one of the few trolls capable of commanding a force. He may still not be the brightest bulb in the box, but I dare you to say that to his face. Vulzal speaks in short sentences and has questionable grammar, but his loyalty is unshakable.

Traits:
    • Weapon Mastery 2
    • Thunderous Strength
    • Leader 1

Garret Crowell is the only human powerful enough to earn the respect and title of captain within Meinir's forces. He is highly curious, if not obsessed with Meinir, and models himself after her. He's a stern man who will do anything to attain power to rival that of an overlord... But he will follow Meinir silently until he reaches that goal.

Traits:
    • Fire Magic
    • Weapon Mastery 1
    • Armour Expert
  • Budget
    Total Gold: 13000
    Army Value: 10000
    Treasure Chest: 3000
    Army
    Captains: 2050
    • Raanan (400)
    • Kregorek (500)
    • Garhilde (500)
    • Wizog (400)
    • Vuzlal (200)
    • Garret (50)

Humans: 1200
    • 400 Swordsmen (400)
    • 500 Pikemen (500)
    • 200 Archers (400)
    • 120 Crossbowmen (300)
    • 100 Horse Archers (400)
    • 100 Siege Engineers (200)

Trolls: 1600
    • 60 Trolls (580)
    • 90 War Trolls (1020)

Cyclops: 350
    • 25 Cyclops Warriors (150)
    • 20 Cyclops Battlesmith (200)

Lionataurs: 3200
    • 400 Lionataur Blades (1600)

Dragon Ogres: 1600
    • 200 Dragon Ogres (800)

Last edited:
That sounds good ^^ I had this written down if you want to add anything to it or come up why you would be responsible for destroying my home village? ^^
After several years of uniting the land, campaigns alternated to times of brief peace and the forming of a paladin order she decided to venture home and tell her father of all her adventures. She took only a small retinue with her, her village had always been spared after all so she thought there would be no combat or danger. Upon approach however there was a distinct lack of smoke from chimneys or cooking fires, not even the sounds of the small herd of mountain goats her village kept for their wool and meat. She was shocked and devastated as they came upon a scene of ruin, her village burned down and in the middle a pile of corpses that were its people, all burned beyond recognition.
I would like your input of what happens next ^^

Sothriars forces had been on the march for some time largely uncontested. Their goal was simple; Make their presence known. Though it had been no mere misfortune that brought destruction upon the village. It had been their main target. A challenge and a taunt aimed at the Guardian who hailed from the small village. At the center of the town mounted upon a large wooden stake was her father. His body was maimed but his face remained unscathed and signs of torture were evident on his corpse. In his hand was a note stained with blood and a single letter was carved into the center of his chest. A Large detailed "S". It was apparent that whoever was responsible knew much about her and had no intention of hiding.

Sothriars forces had been on the march for some time largely uncontested. Their goal was simple; Make their presence known. Though it had been no mere misfortune that brought destruction upon the village. It had been their main target. A challenge and a taunt aimed at the Guardian who hailed from the small village. At the center of the town mounted upon a large wooden stake was her father. His body was maimed but his face remained unscathed and signs of torture were evident on his corpse. In his hand was a note stained with blood and a single letter was carved into the center of his chest. A Large detailed "S". It was apparent that whoever was responsible knew much about her and had no intention of hiding.
After several years of uniting the land, campaigns alternated to times of brief peace and the forming of a paladin order she decided to venture home and tell her father of all her adventures. She took only a small retinue with her, her village had always been spared after all so she thought there would be no combat or danger. Upon approach however there was a distinct lack of smoke from chimneys or cooking fires, not even the sounds of the small herd of mountain goats her village kept for their wool and meat. She was shocked and devastated as they came upon a scene of ruin, her village burned down and in the middle a pile of corpses that were its people, all burned beyond recognition.

All except one, her cry of anguish and pain was said to be heard in the valleys below miles away as she looked upon the maimed and deviled corpse of her father, like some kind of gruesome trophy or warning. Once she had been calmed down by some of her friends, others already digging graves to give the dead a proper burial she felt brave enough to look upon her father, noticing the 'S' carved in his chest. She placed Foehammer on the ground in front of his body and knelt down, swearing to all the gods that she would find the one responsible and bring him to justice.

Thanks ^^ that is what I will edit in my sheet, I will be looking forward to see how this will developed once the IC starts.

Well if that's the case, then consider Grattan O'Tar ready for your consideration
Traits are in order.

Discrepancy with the lands/sanctuary however.

Normal Lands: 600 Lair Points, 800 Land Improvement Points. Can move 640 Points.

510/800 points used on lands.

1075/600 used on sanctuary.

1585/1400 total, you need to knock of 185 value worth of either lands or sanctuary upgraded.

Not really sure how you thought you had 42'000 gold to spend on your army?

But in your case you can only spend 12'750 gold on your army (I already subtracted the cost of your captains)

So yes, you need to redo your army.

Traits rolled for the captains:
Loras:
Weapon Mastery 2
Armour Expert

Bafniren:
Weapon Mastery 1
Survivor
Eye of the Eagle

Julius:
Voice of Honesty
Swiftness of the Gazelle
Weapon Mastery 1

Pratt:
Weapon Mastery 1
Trap Sniffer, Pratt keeps a wary eye on his employer and his surroundings at all times, some may call it paranoid but they won't complain if he is able to detect the hint of a ambush before it can spring its deadly ambush, most of the time.
Dance of the Bee

Tobias:
Weapon Mastery 2
Beastmaster, Tobias has spend his life gathering knowledge and experience hunting and keeping various beasts and monsters. Given tiem to study or a moment to go through his memories he will be able to list one or several weaknesses of any monster.
High Metabolism

Ewellan:
Weapon Mastery 2
Beautiful
Swiftness of the Gazelle

Melandriss:
Water Magic
Scholar 2

Traits are in order.
Discrepancy with the lands/sanctuary however.
510/800 points used on lands.
1075/600 used on sanctuary.
1585/1400 total, you need to knock of 185 value worth of either lands or sanctuary upgraded.
Not really sure how you thought you had 42'000 gold to spend on your army?
But in your case you can only spend 12'750 gold on your army (I already subtracted the cost of your captains)
So yes, you need to redo your army.
Yes, well I missed the updated rules that Kad posted in the Ooc, so I suppose I've some work to do.

My mistake, but thanks for the traits.

EDIT:

I have corrected my mathematical errors, or hope I have anyway, sorry about that

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, well I missed the updated rules that Kad posted in the Ooc, so I suppose I've some work to do.
My mistake, but thanks for the traits.
I have corrected my mathematical errors, or hope I have anyway, sorry about that
all looks good, cept 1 minor thing with the satyrs, they come in units of 20 so cant have the 750, would either be 740 or 760. Nitpickey I know but its my job sadly :p

Favor of the Shining Realm: As a staunch opponent of all that is evil and unholy, Ceregor has earned the respect and favor of the warrior angels he calls on to aid him in battle. He can summon twice as many angels to battle as others who call upon the heavenly host. (40 Angels, 10 Archangels, 1 Seraphim per point of Magic instead of listed amounts)
Finally got around to pay attention to this trait along with Kad to pass judgment over it. The reason why Kadaeux forbade demon summoning and undead summoning to be taken together for overlords was to prevent enormous summoned armies. So this special is denied unfortunately.

Probably should have mentioned this earlier, but my sheet is also ready for review.

Status
Not open for further replies.