Out of Greed {w/ potassiumboron}

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I..I wouldn't defend him. It was wrong of him to snap so easily, but it happens. It's in your blood. I'll go with you; I hope that's not what he's doing.." Charmeine hoped he'd have better self control than that. He said to him as he stood up, "Maybe I might be able to calm him down again, I hope so..after that, you should see if you can find Dumah and enjoy the rest of your first day as an engaged couple."

He smiled softly before walking ahead, and went through the front door to go search for him with Tate, feeling a bit sick in his stomach even though he didn't know why. Dumah was preoccupied, trying to force her eyes open and trying to stay awake as she was numb from pain and unsure of just where she was now. It was all too much for her to even take or even handle at this point. She knew that she would manage to escape at some point, but the question was whether or not she'll be alive or dead when that would happen.

"He won't be in Hell if he wants to get high; there isn't anything like that down here since our dear old King had them all sold off for money-- not Lucifer. Dumah's best friend is too much of a dweeb," he shrugged, not entirely the biggest fan of the man, and hadn't exactly held back on voicing that, so it wasn't much of a surprise. "If he's in Hell, he'll be down near the volcanic caves, he always went there when he and I were young. I'm only ten years older than he is, so I tended to care for him a lot, and he always went there whenever he was sad or angry or... you get the message," he smiled, cracking his knuckles absently to ease the pain he was induced to with his darkening bruised eye.

Wandering down from the family mansion towards the mountain range overlooking the reddened sea -though most of Hell was mountainous and volcanic- he did extend a hand to guide him over the path of stepping stones, on top of what appeared to be pure bubbling lava. "Don't want my future brother-in-law burning himself. Dumah would kill me."​

Giving a nod, he would tell him after he'd finish, "Oh yeah, I know. I've actually seen him near where I live I think..I know Lucifer was always good with money, so I think now he's made something for himself, seeing he now has a multi-billion empire in his hands. I think I've seen Dumah with him sometimes as his..lovely lady assistant on tabloids whenever he's in trouble and then his problems conveniently go away. But I know at the same time she could crush him and destroy everything he'd worked for time he fucks up. I've been a photographer for him once and he pays very well, even if he doesn't use them. So he's still a dweeb..on a leash."

The blonde cracked a small smile before saying as he would take his hand, "Thank you. And oh, she wouldn't kill you. The only way she would is if you actually managed to kill me off forever. Burns are whatever because she knows I can help them. Although I wouldn't put it past her if she gives you silent treatment for a while, of course." Charlie would look around and speak quietly, "As dangerous as it might be, it all does look gorgeous out here.."

"Look, no offence Charlie, but my whole family hate that guy, even Beau, so the less said about him in detail, the better, okay? I'd be happy to see his head on a spike," he shrugged, deciding to stay silent for a good while as he led him carefully along the stones. He had had accidents along the path as a child, mostly when Ajax chose to mess around with him and lift him over the lava, a typical big brother sort of act, but knowing how scared it had made him, he had never done that with Asher, and didn't plan to with Kyon either.

"It is beautiful, huh?" He silently smiled, opting to speak only when the conversation became something he felt talking about. Dumah of course was someone he would talk of, but given the tension around her and Asher, and having their engagement masked and overshadowed by it, he didn't want to grow upset by talking about her. Though he did note to himself to go find her after he found Asher, anyway. "Most people don't think so, if they're not from Hell. I think it's great, though..."​

"Hm, that's why I told you about him. I've never really liked him, no one has. So whatever happens to him, happens." He would shrug it off before falling silent with him and watched his steps mostly before he'd enjoy the view. He knew to be careful, for even Heaven had dangerous steps. While the stepping stones weren't exactly surrounded in lava, but in stead floated in thin air instead. One misstep and he would be falling off and hurling towards the Earth. But his father had been quick for the little ones if they wouldn't pay attention. It'd happen more than once for him.

Once he could focus on the view, his smile would return as he looked up to him, "It's a gorgeous view. I actually think it's less scary to look, I mean still bad to touch, but it's nicer to see than staring into nothingness. For me, anyways. So I can agree, this would be nice to see every day.."

"Well, I assume my mother will make you visit. If you come with Dumah, you'll be down here often. Dumah tends to visit a lot-- though I want us to find a place together here. We're getting married, and we're trying for children as soon as possible, so a place to live seems logical," he said absently, never really talking about the personal stuff with anyone, though given Charlie was a good listener, and was Dumah's own brother, it did seem the best person to speak to. Besides, it was always easy to confide in Charlie, for whatever reason.

"I don't sense Asher around, but he could have just made it that way," he said tiredly, always accustomed to Asher's running away from home, but that was mostly when he was a child. He didn't expect to search for him when they were both adults, but he had to do so in fear Asher would just stew in his own anger and grow worse. "He's so stupid sometimes-- When will you date him again? I don't mean to sound blunt, but... no. Actually, I do mean to, because only me and Dumah really will be blunt and honest about this. It's stupid if you guys just carry on a friendship for decades if you both love each other. I get you don't want to rush into a relationship, that's cool, but don't wait years or... I dunno. You might grow bored and have some dashing guy fall into your life, and Asher will get upset. Or vice versa, Asher could meet someone new, and the last thing anyone wants is you upset, so..."​

"I'm not surprised Dumah visits a lot. But yeah, I'll probably come down with her when I can...and I think that would be nice, I'm surprised you haven't before than," He smiled softly about the part about them getting married, more than happy about it, "So you plan on having children as soon as possible? I agree, living together as soon as possible would be a good idea."

It fell as he would speak again about not sending him nearby, and he'd put his hands into his pockets and sighed worriedly, he hoped he wasn't doing anything stupid. His golden orbs widened slightly in surprise at his question and stayed silent as he'd speak, biting the inside of his cheek, "I...would like to start dating him again already. I mean..yeah, I want to be friends, but I'd rather like to be with him. It's just our relationship I'd want at a slower pace and we don't have to rush into anything, you know? And you know..." Charmeine gave a weak smile and shrugged slightly, "If he meets someone new and falls for them, I'd..I'll learn to live with it, I'm not as emotional as I used to be..I think. I want him to be happy."

"Mm," he paused quietly, mostly to examine the safest path to take towards the caves of the mountain, though did take the time to take in the angel's words. "...I don't think he'll meet someone new," he said after a moment, carefully leading him along a path of the stones that did seem pretty stable - the last thing he wanted, obviously, was either of them getting hurt. He was unaware though that Asher had been in a relationship in prison, albeit one that hadn't gone anywhere when Asher was released and forgot about the boy altogether. "He loves you, you know? I think entering a relationship and taking it slow is the best thing, really."

He smiled back at him quietly, carefully balancing along a broken log before reaching stable ground again - at least they didn't have to worry about falling into lava at this point. "You guys just... you deserve to be together. I couldn't see myself with anyone but Dumah, and likewise, I can't see you with anyone else but Asher, but don't tell him I said anything... remotely soppy."​

Staying quiet, Charmeine would fiddle around with the threads in his pockets, and listened to the male intently and stopped putting all his focus into watching his step as he realized how stable it had gotten as they moved along. But it didn't mean he was still watching just in case. Sure, Asher had met someone in the past, but it didn't seem like he was going to look for them and try going out with him again. Or at least he doubted that happening. And his own 'relationship' couldn't even be considered an actual relationship in the first place.

Letting out a small, cheerful laugh as he rubbed at his eyes and looked up at him with a broadening smile, "I promise I won't tell him you said that to me. But I...I needed that. Thank you. And..I guess it's worth a shot asking him if he wants to and we can take our time with our relationship this time. I love him more than anything, and I can't see myself without him. I don't want to, I guess. Same goes for you and Dumah..you guys are made for each other. She's happy, and I know you are too."

"Look, just ask him, okay? I know Dumah and I will just get exasperated if you and him don't get back together," he sighed heavily, wanting the best for his brother, and Dumah for Charlie, and it had taken some blunt talking to get that across. if not, it could have taken months to get the message through, or even years, and that was far from desirable.

Finally approaching the caves, the distinct smell of smoke did mask any scent of Asher's, though the main giveaway that immediately made Tate roll his eyes was the stubbed out cigarette on the floor of the rather pretty cave. "I knew he would have been here. He smokes like... I dunno what, but his habit is insane. Good thing he can't die from it, because if he wasn't immune, he'd have died years ago-- You know, he was like twelve when he first smoked. It's ridiculous. He took a cigarette from Zephyr's pack. I guess he was just trying to copy him. Zephyr's the eldest, it makes sense. We all idolise him," he shrugged to himself, coughing into his first from the smoke surrounding the place. "...I don't know where he'd be now though."​

"Alright, alright. I will ask him the moment I see him..if it's appropriate at the moment, anyways. Nonetheless, I promise I'll tell him I want to get back together with him instead of just being friends, alright?" Charlie knew that it was best for them to just get it out of the way and if it wasn't for Tate, he'd probably wouldn't have even thought about really doing this and just stayed friends with Asher, unsure of what he should do.

His nose wrinkled a little as he recognized the scent of smoke and coughed a little as he looked down to see the stub on the ground, indicating that he'd been there at one point. His eyes widened as he realized that, "Really? And thankfully none of us can die from these things, I'm sure we've all done things a lot that a normal being would die of by now, most likely." His expression fell a little as he looked around for him and sighed, "I don't know where he would be either..I would've hoped he would've come back so I could maybe help him calm down..it's worked before, I don't know.." He shrugged slightly, wishing that he had a clue where he'd be.

"It's worked before? Look, my brother's just... he acts like he's a teenager still. Temperamental and just a pain in the ass, so if you got him to calm down once, that's... a pretty major achievement. Saying that, he does love you, so he would act differently. Like, Dumah makes me feel all soppy and romantic and... obviously nobody else can make me that way," he smiled, peering down at the cigarette for a further moment before jumping easily across the stream of lava to the other floating plate, gesturing Charlie to follow. "He's probably gone this way, for a walk to clear his head. We used to go hiking together: me, him and Beau. Beau obviously loved it, because it's nature and all natural and beautiful."

"Anyway, when it's mine and Dumah's wedding in a few months -we were thinking six, seven- you'd better make Asher come. I don't want him skipping out on a wedding again. Not mine. I want him there," he smiled, knowing that nobody could really convince Asher to come if he didn't want to, but Charlie stood the best chance of convincing him should Asher decline the invitation. Not that he had any reason to do so, unless he continued to dislike Dumah after their disagreement.​

Following him with ease as he jumped over the lava and steadied himself before he might as well lose his balance, he made sure that he wasn't going to. He would look back up at him and begin to follow as he spoke, "I..used to be good at calming him down three years ago, and I still am. So yeah, I'm..really happy that I can do that. And I could tell she does that to you, but I can tell you have the same effect on her. Especially earlier, you managed to keep her from going silent by asking her to marry you, you know. She's never even done that for anyone before." Charlie smiled softly before saying as well, "I can see why he would love it..I would too."

He give him a nod and tell him, "I'll make sure I get him to come to the wedding with me. It'll be important for me to go, I'd never miss something like this. And I know he wouldn't either, even if he might dislike Dumah. But for you. He may tease you, but he loves you a lot. I know he does."

"His teasing is playful. I just rise to it quickly, as he does to mine. I know he loves me, and I love him, but... I don't know if you've noticed, but it's hard for our family to really express ourselves. Only our Mother does so easily, and Beau to an extent. The rest of us prefer to just tease each other and hide how we feel," he smiled, that explaining most of them down to the ground, and it certainly spoke for Asher who preferred to lash out or to storm off to avoid owning up to how he felt, as displayed recently with his abrupt exit, and just why Tate and Charlie had to go looking for him.

"If I and Dumah have a child, I... I know I'd have to discuss this with Dumah, but I doubt she'd disagree-- anyway, I was thinking you and Asher could give the boy or girl, my son or daughter, its middle name," he said quietly, seeing that as a way for them to get involved personally with the child, though it would undoubtedly help Asher more given how he usually disliked children. "I want you guys to feel close to whatever child I do have one day, and if you both don't... work out, you'll always have this bonding you together, huh? Dumah will agree, it'll be cool. I can convince her easily enough~"​

The blonde would nod, understanding just how they worked as a family completely and cocked his head as the subject would move on to something else almost entirely and gave him his full attention as he talked, and his eyes would widen quite a bit in surprise and he would smile happily and said to him, "I know that I would love to do that, and I know my sister wouldn't have a problem with agreeing to do with doing that if that's what you'd like to do."

Looking down at the ground and skipping along the path, he would find himself musing, "I also think that Asher wouldn't mind doing that actually. I mean..the baby will be family, so maybe he'll want to help too. I hope he'll want to anyways. But.." Charlie peered up at him and grinned slightly before he would find himself coming closer and giving him a small side hug that was short and sweet because he didn't want to end up making him uncomfortable possibly, "Thank you. That is really sweet of you, honestly. Even if you hadn't planned on that, I would've been the best uncle I could ever be for the both of yous' kid."

"...I know you'll be a great uncle. I don't doubt that," he said swiftly, biting on his inside cheek if only to contain his sudden embarrassment over the hug. He didn't hate it entirely, because it did convey the other's gratitude, but it was just odd. He didn't even hug his own parents, or brothers -besides Kyon- so to have one from his brother's ex fiancé was somewhat strange, though he wasn't entirely arguing against it.

"You're such a sweet kid," he smiled quietly, trailing on the path back home once under the impression that Asher had probably gone home. If he wasn't there, there was no doubt in his mind that he would be around humans and probably getting high somewhere. Hopefully he'd be at home, anyway. "If he's there, just try to calm him. I have to go find Dumah, I guess."​

"Thank you. And I know that you will both be great parents. You're really good with Kyon and Dumah is..she's determined to be like our mom to her own. She..didn't grow up around them, with our grandparents actually. Not intentionally. So for a long time, she wasn't as close to mom as everyone else was, but they try. Really hard." He sighed softly as he would think about a few years back, that they would only act as if they were friends and wouldn't even get affectionate with each other. As much as they loved each other, they couldn't get those five years back, get those missing elements back that had been stolen from her daughter.

Giving a sheepish smile when he'd say that and he'd avert his gaze to look around as it fell into a small frown as they still couldn't find him, "I hope he's in there...if not, you could just go find Dumah and I could just keep looking for him." By the time Dumah had woken up, she was in more familiar surrounding of her apartment, feeling numb and entirely blank. But instead of accepting it as it was because the woman lived for making her life hell for her, she'd fight it. It'd work, slowly and surely, but she could also feel pain surge through her. Grasping for something to hold on, she would try to hold onto something. The raven would only collapse back onto the ground, legs shaking like crazy before they'd give out on her. This was the only time she'd feel such horrible pain coming from somewhere that couldn't heal so easily and god, did she feel like die right there and then.

"Honestly, I don't want to go finding Dumah without having see Asher was okay. I trust you, obviously, but he's my little brother. I want to make sure he's cooled down a bit and stuff," he said after a moment, deciding to just comment on that instead of focusing on Dumah, because if he was honest, hearing that did make him frown. This was his fiancée now, his partner for three years and the person he loved, and to realise her first few years of life weren't standard did upset him. Perhaps that had something to do with why she had told him earlier that when they had kids and she told him to run, he should? It was an odd statement to make, so it did make some sort of sense that it was linked to her own start with her grandparents?

Deciding it was best just to ask her rather than ask Charlie, he did smile to him gratefully at least, leaping over one more crack i the ground before reaching what was a solid path uphill back to the mansion. "I'm sure Dumah's sulking somewhere," he laughed to himself after a moment to diffuse the silence. "Or gone to see your family or something."​

Charlie nodded in understanding and smiled as he would jump over the last crack as well, "Yeah, no, I get why." The walk had been a bit of a workout to go through, but he didn't mind. The sight made up for it, glad that he opted to go with Tate in hopes of finding his former lover with no avail, still just hoping that he might have gone back into the house. He knew that the other must be curious as to what he was talking about and by his silence, he could guess that he was planning to ask the woman herself, which was best.

Letting out a small laugh, the blonde nodded in agreement, "She probably did; she would most likely go home and sulk, knowing her." The raven had managed to stand up several times and came crumbling down each time before she'd give up and collapsed against the nearest wall the leaned her frame against it and breathed shakily. She would close her dark orbs and tried to calm down to the best of her abilities as she curled into a ball.

"She sulked when i drank all the orange juice, I mean... she sulks a lot. It's cute though, when she gets all pouty and whiny. I think it's adorable," he shrugged, slightly embarrassed when realising just what he had blurted - he did have to remind himself in future that Charlie had the ability to have him just reveal stuff to him. He was a good listener, and had the general characteristic that enabled Tate to just trust in him and have nothing to stop him telling him this sort of thing. Oh well.

Once trailing into the house, removing his jacket quietly, he did keep an ear out for the sound of his brother's deep voice, smiling gratefully once hearing him play with Kyon. One peek into the living room confirmed that, Asher currently laying on his stomach opposite Kyon and playing with the wooden car set with him, peering up at the sight of the two. "...Where did you guys go? Has Dumah gone?"​

Status
Not open for further replies.