Out of Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Love
Reactions: rissa and B l u E s
ok, Whats Fleuntia? XD
Seriously there are some weird stuff in these CS XD Ive never come across many of those terms lmfao...

That's part of the lore - It'll be in the Tetrad (which Rissa is currently working on getting posted)

• Thank You
Reactions: rissa and B l u E s
That's part of the lore - It'll be in the Tetrad (which Rissa is currently working on getting posted)
ahhhhhh awesome!

Until that's posted and she officially announces the opening of the CS application, I'll just pause my cs xD

I'm fantastic--thanks for asking. To be honest I have a couple ideas floating around in my head, but I'm fond of the 'inexperienced aspirant with unfettered optimism' type. I have the personality I want down, but I'm still deciding between two possible backstories, and pretty much all the races.

I usually don't do a ton of pre-planning before drafting a cs though, so once things open properly I'll probably leap into it and see where things naturally progress to. What about you? Do you have an idea of what you want?

• Love
Reactions: B l u E s and rissa
Alright folks, the time has arrived. RONAAN'S REALM IS OFFICIALLY OPENED.
@alaska @Effervescent @Elle Joyner @Radio Jelly @Glasses @B l u E s @CloudyBlueDay @Shizuochan @BearEnthusiast @~Dark Disney~ @Red Thunder @Nav @Crow @Doctor Jax
Three storylines have been introduced and you may apply for any of them. Be sure to read all the lore as it applies to character creation and knowledge of the world. Application threads are now open, but please remember to have the right code and at least a name before posting a WIP thread. Please read the rules and the definition of each prefix before posting.

To answer a few questions that were asked:

I'm not sure where to post the application
Applications will be posted as individual threads inside the Directory. It must have the correct prefix, "APP".

Do we have to fill our Character Arc & Plot for the application?
You don't have to. But without a first glimpse of what you're planning for your character, I cannot ensure that it will indeed happen and be properly written into the overall plotline. If you'd like to PM it to me instead, you can do so. But as there will be heavy plotting between players, it might be wiser to post for all to see.

Whats Fleuntia?
The element every person is attuned to, regardless of species or race. SOLIS AND LUNA. You can find more information about them within the Codex.

Please remember that you can post queries for important roleplay related questions! As well as Discussion threads that are for plotting purposes! Anyways, have fun folks! I'm excited to see all your characters!

Also - there is no currently no character sheet submission due date, but this is subject to change depending on how many applications we get and how many are left needed to get the storylines rolling. So please, no rush! Take your time and read through all the lore and get familiar with the world.

Last edited:
I just wanna step back for a minute and remind people of the basic structure of RoNaan's Realm. It is incredibly freeform and sandbox in nature. Character plots/arcs were designed to let players explore the world and overall plotline with their characters, giving them a certain control over it throughout the course of the roleplay. The more you invest into the plot, via your characters, the more you have to gain. These storylines are already plotted out… Now it's your turn to figure out how your character interacts with what's thrown at them, thereby influencing the plot and possibly changing the outcome.

Remember: characters drive the plot. And you, my friends, are in control of your characters.

Plotting with each other will be extremely important and I expect Discussion threads to be plenty. Embrace plotting but don't hesitate to adapt to new things if the roleplay twists a different way and your original idea doesn't pan out. Adapting and creating new ideas and brainstorming should be fun and is hella useful, imo. Don't look at it as revision if your idea doesn't work, look at it as an opportunity for something different. As always, if you are having difficulties you can post a query or PM me and one of my mods.

Reactions: B l u E s
So, I want to make this all clear in my head before finalizing what I want for my character...

So, the elemental demons are roaming the earth. I assume they are still pretty hidden and attacking villages (not cities yet). So the threat of growing but not like "on your face" kind of obvious threat.

The cult of star... who are they? Assassins? A group of people trying to fight elemental demons?

Are people scared of them? I feel like In the three lands, they have different views of the cult (from the way it was presented), Why so?

Sorry for the question if they seem stupid. I read all the information in the threads and all. But I don't recall anything bout the cult of stars

I'm fantastic--thanks for asking. To be honest I have a couple ideas floating around in my head, but I'm fond of the 'inexperienced aspirant with unfettered optimism' type. I have the personality I want down, but I'm still deciding between two possible backstories, and pretty much all the races.

I usually don't do a ton of pre-planning before drafting a cs though, so once things open properly I'll probably leap into it and see where things naturally progress to. What about you? Do you have an idea of what you want?
Yeah, in my blog (THRALL, son of mordecai) I have a very brief outline of what I want. I just want to revisit it like that everything is done correctly for the application hahaha :)

My story will probably start in Lyf (Marsea). If your character wants to be my characters roommate, that'd be cool! You know, question of having the most people in one place hahaha

The cult of star... who are they? Assassins? A group of people trying to fight elemental demons?

Are people scared of them? I feel like In the three lands, they have different views of the cult (from the way it was presented), Why so?

Sorry for the question if they seem stupid. I read all the information in the threads and all. But I don't recall anything bout the cult of stars

I believe Rissa is leaving this information to play out in the actual RP, so as not to spoil anything :)

My story will probably start in Lyf (Marsea). If your character wants to be my characters roommate, that'd be cool! You know, question of having the most people in one place hahaha

And just a note - Lyf is located in Orcosi, not Marsea :)

I believe Rissa is leaving this information to play out in the actual RP, so as not to spoil anything :)

And just a note - Lyf is located in Orcosi, not Marsea :)
Oops xD I still confuse the continents! My bad hahaha

Oops xD I still confuse the continents! My bad hahaha

:) No worries ! I confuse the names of places in worlds -I- build, so I can't say anything *lol*

Just gonna advise before y'all get too heavy into plotting anything - make sure you get your preliminary character sheets up, first ! Want to make sure your characters will work within the setting/storyline, before you start planning with each other :)

• Love
Reactions: B l u E s and rissa
Sounds good guys! :)
But it's in case if anyone wants to have preestablished relationships with my characters :)

So, the elemental demons are roaming the earth. I assume they are still pretty hidden and attacking villages (not cities yet). So the threat of growing but not like "on your face" kind of obvious threat.

* At the moment, the Elemental Demons are hearsay from outlying villages across the Three Known Lands.
* Who and what the Cult of Stars (Spoken of as a Guild earlier in the OOC) does will be shown and explored within the roleplay. There are hints and clues throughout the forum, but nothing more can be added without spoiling information!
* Everyone has their own opinions on the Cult of Stars but they are respected and feared throughout the realm.

Status
Not open for further replies.