Our Drunken Mistake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chance looked into the room, narrowing his eyes a bit before he looked back down at Katie, sighing before he took his arm off her shoulders and stepped back. He didn't want to leave her, he didn't want her to have to deal with the torment, but he figured that there was nothing he could do about it. The best way to deal with it, it figured, was to ignore it despite how hard that might be. "I'll be right here after class. Promise... But you better go. I've got to go to class anyway too." But he didn't move, waiting until she would step into the class.

Katie hesitated as he stepped away, but sighed. "Okay..I..I guess I'll see you later." She said quietly, holding her books between her arms. She kept her hood up as she stepped towards the door. Before she entered, she looked up at Chance. Her eyes sparked slightly, portraying her fear, her guilt, and her hesitation. This took about a milisecond before she looked down. It was almost as if she had never looked up. Almost. "See you.." She murmured, stepping silently into the class.

Chance watched as Katie stepped towards the door, his eyes trained on her, worried for her, scared for her. When she looked up, only for a second if even that, he wanted to reach back out to her, to tell her that they should just leave, get out of this place so that they wouldn't have to continue with this torment that the both of them were feeling. But he couldn't do that. He couldn't take her out of this, and he couldn't take himself out of this matter either. It would make them look like cowards, and though he couldn't care anything about that, he knew that having something else like that stapled to their names would only make their torment worse.

Again he took another step back to distance himself, to make himself not stop her.He nodded his head at her faint words, watching as she walked further into the classroom. He wanted to continue to stand there and make sure that she was going to be okay, but the door was soon closed in his face by the teacher, laughs being heard from behind the door. He clenched his hands together before turning around, listening as the bell rung again, and headed towards his class, wondering if he would be able to enter the class with him being late.

Katie sat at the back of her class. The guy in front of her grimaced. "Planning on knocking me over?" He whispered in a hushed voice, elbowing her papers. She caught them before they fell and scooted the desk silently back a little, ignoring him. She sighed, tapping her pencil silently on thin air. I wish this was all over.. She thought silently.

Though he had been able to enter the class despite the fact that he had been late, Chance was forced to sit in the front since all the other seats in the class were taken. In that class too he couldn't concentrate, though this time his mind was more centered around Katie and her well being than anything. He could feel the eyes of the students trained on the back of his head, and on more than one occasion had a ball of paper been thrown at him, smacking him in the back of the head. Of course they would laugh, and normally he figured the teacher would have stopped them, but he didn't. He knew what they were doing, though, but let them do as they pleased to them.

When the bell rang Chance rushed out of class, by passing students who avoided him, before he ended up right outside the class that Katie was in.

Katie sat in her desk a few minutes after everyone left. She didn't want to stand, but she did, remembering what Chance said. She tucked her hand in her pocket, holding the books in one hand as she started out. The teacher called her name and she turned, only to see him glare. Katie sighed and walked out the door. "Hey.." She said quietly to Chance, her head down.

Chance kept his head down as students started coming out the classroom, his eyes trained on their shoes as he watched them pad against the tiled floor. He sighed, only to be pushed over to the side by someone. He looked up, stumbling back as he almost lost his balance, though luckily he was able to keep his balance. He glanced at the one who bumped into him, watching as the boy held a look of disgust when looking at him. It was the same one in the hall before, but again Chance did nothing. No need in causing some sort of confrontation, right?

He turned his head to look away, showing some sign of defeat, and didn't look up for another few minutes. He knew the guy would be gone by then, and by the time he had looked up Katie had walked out of the room, her head held low. "Hey," he said after walking back over to her. "...Everything go okay?"

Katie sighed quietly. "Uhh..yeah." She said, stepping closer to him. She felt comfort in his presence, and closed her eyes, leaning lightly on him and closing her eyes. "I..I don't w-want to go to my next class.." She said in a small, soft voice. She didn't want to hear another word from them. They weren't her..they didn't know how sorry she was, how bad she felt. She suppressed a small shiver.

He didn't believe her when she said that everything had gone all right, but he didn't question her on it any further. Just leave it be, he told himself, but when she said that she didn't want to go to her next class, and the way she got closer to him like she did, he knew something had happened and it bothered him greatly. He put his arm around her shoulders again before pulling her into a half hug, nodding his head in agreement with her. He didn't too much want to be there either, and though the thought about them possibly seeming even more like cowards because of this, he pushed the thought aside, wanting her to get out of here if she waned to. "Then you don't have to." And neither did he.

He pulled back before grabbing onto her wrist, not saying anything, and started pulling her down the hall, back towards the entrance of the school. He opened the doors when they made it towards the entrance, holding the door open slightly while still pulling Katie along.

Katie followed dutifully and slightly surprised behind him. When they exited the curious stares of the other students, Katie relaxed only slightly from her tense fear inside. She sighed quietly before twisting her arm gently to take Chance's hand instead of him holding her wrist. She let him lead the way while she watched the ground quietly, wondering where he was going to take her, and not particularly caring as long as it was away from the school.

((Sorry it's been a few days since I've replied. Been a bit busy with things, and I haven't been able to spend a lot of time on here.))

Chance looked down when he felt her twist their arms in order to place their hands together, his eyes roaming back to her face. He gave her a sad smile, watching as her eyes never took themselves off the ground before he looked up, sighing, and continued on their way.

Things were silent as they walked, not even the chirping of birds could be heard as they walked. The only sounds that could be heard were the occasional cars that passed by, as well as the sounding of their shoes hitting against the sidewalk. He gripped Katie's hand a little tighter, wanting to make sure that she was still there, just like he had in the hall when he hugged her. It didn't take much longer, only about another ten minutes of walking, before Chance led her into a public park that they used to do to all the time. He led her down the winding path that had been made a while back, stepping off of it after a little bit before they ended up on a hill, a small one really, but a hill that was un-populated nonetheless. Chance sat down then, looking up at Katie before he started tugging on her hand, wanting her to sit next to him.

((It's okay. I'm really busy too with school and all. In fact..this might be the only post I can put up tonight =/ ))

Katie sat down next to him after a moment and looked up. She leaned over, resting her head on his shoulder, but she didn't say anything. She closed her eyes, still holding his hand. Memories flashed by, but she ignored them, just listened to the sounds below at the park, felt Chance's shoulders rise and fall, felt her own heartbeat send blood too and fro in her veins. The things that would eventually disappear. That someday, will cease to exist. She let a light sigh escape from her lips, the sound almost like a breath in the wind.

((That's fine. At times I'll probably be really busy with school as well.))

Chance leaned his head against hers when Katie leaned her head against his shoulder, the action making him sigh. The feeling was almost familiar though he knew that it was lacking something, or someone rather. Usually there would be two heads on his shoulders, but now with only one... His other shoulder felt empty, just as he felt all the time now a days. "I..." He started, opening his mouth to utter that one sound before closing it again. His eyes trailed down to look at the ground, his free hand weaving its fingers through the grass. "What's on your mind. Tell me. Please." He tiled his head slightly to look at her, wanting to know what she thought about this, wanting her to at least speak and say something to him.

"Memories.." She said softly, her eyes fixed on the horizon in the distance. "Memories..and questions..many questions." She sighed quietly, closing her eyes. "Are you okay Chance?" she asked after a minute or so, fearful that he wasn't, that he was slowly breaking down..stop thinking about that. She scolded herself mentally, opening her eyes.

When she mentioned something about memories, Chance instantly lifted his head up and stiffened. Memories... They used to be nice, and he never thought that memories could ever cause him so much pain, so much agony. He was wrong though. "Questions? Questions about what?" It was probably a dangerous question, but he couldn't help but let the words slip from his mouth. He completely ignored the question about how he was doing, not wanting to bring the topic on his well being.

"Many things.." She sighed quietly. "Too many things." She bit her lower lip a moment. Why did this happen to us?..Why don't the others understand?...Why does it hurt so much?...why did we do it?...is she mad at us?...can she see our pain? How much we miss her?...is there a way to escape?... Where a few of the thoughts that spun around in her head. She blinked twice, clearing her mind a little.

After hearing those words, Chance pulled Katie closer to him, his neck bent again, making him look down at the ground. "Yeah, me too..." He sighed. "I just... I just don't know what to do anymore. All of this, it's too much. Like... I don't even know why that had to happen. I mean, what if-" He stopped himself, tears stinging his eyes as he sniffled a little. What if was a dangerous question to ask, a dangerous thing to wonder about, he knew. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done it. It shouldn't have happened."

Katie paused before she turned a little, hugging him tightly and closing her eyes. "It's not your fault Chance..there's got to be a reason.." Tears dripped a little, leaving small streaks on her face. "It's not your fault." she repeated, hugging him a little tighter. "I won't say it is because I don't believe it." She said, her tone now softer.

"Well then who's fault is it?" Chance stated, a small scoff escaping from his mouth. His hand slipped away from Katie. "It's not her's, and it's definitely not yours." He ran a hand through his hand, bringing his legs up to pull them against his chest. "But look at us now; look at you. You didn't do anything but you're being blames for it, as well as forced to live with all of this. If I hadn't... If I hadn't made you two get in the car." He paused, his words catching in his throat. "You wouldn't be like this. Neither of you two."

Katie shook her head. "It's..that's not..but..." She dropped her head, closing her eyes. "I don't know..but it can't be your fault..there's so many other..ways..things that could have happened...just.." She stopped. "Nevermind." She said, going silent again. She pulled her hood over her head, resting her elbows on her crossed knees and hiding her face in her hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.