Our Drunken Mistake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looked down at Katie, a sigh escaping from his lips. "I just figure this will be the only way, you know? We could get new identities, go to a place where people don't know us and just forget about this place. We don't have to come back and we won't have to listen to them anymore. Maybe it'll even make the guilt go away." That last point he couldn't be too sure of, but he could only hope for so much.

Katie looked up slowly, then nodded. "O-okay." she said quietly, convinced he was right. It could work..it makes sense.. She thought to herself, letting go of her knees.

Chance's eyes trailed down to the ground before he ran a hand through his hair. "We should just forget about everything. We should leave tonight." He had some money saved up from when he took up having a summer job; that would at least get them somewhere for a little bit. Hopefully anyway. Shaking his head, he looked over to Katie, giving her a determined look.

Katie nodded. "Okay." she said, a little more confidence in her voice. "Where do you want to meet?" She was going to go home and pack a few things before they left. She knew what to bring. Only the things they needed.

He thought about her question, his brows furrowing in concentration, before he finally got his thoughts back together. "We can meet here, at midnight. I doubt if anyone will be here." And it would give the time to sneak out without being seen by anyone. "Then I guess we'll figure out what to do after that. Where we'll go anyway."

Katie nodded, standing up. She hugged him gently. "Okay. See you at midnight." she said quietly, standing there a moment.

Chance was slightly surprised when she hugged him, but he quickly pushed the feeling aside and encircled his arms around her, resting his head on the top of her head. He hoped that they would be doing the right thing; that he wouldn't be leading her, or himself, into something that they would regret.
He nodded his head with a sigh before he pulled back and looked down at the girl. "Yeah. Be careful though." He took a step back from her then. "And call or text me if you need anything. I mean it. Okay?"

Katie nodded softly. "Okay. I will if I need anything..and I'll be careful." she said gently, nodding slightly. "See you." she said gently, walking away slowly backwards before turning, walking slowly towards her house. She hesitated at the edge of the park, knowing school would just be getting out. She continued on.

((I have to go, I'll return later tonight))

"Good," he said, softly. "See ya." Chance watched as she walked away, his eyes lingering on her to make sure that nothing happened to her as she walked away from her. He wanted to follow after her, t make sure that she was going to be okay and make sure that nothing or no one was going to bother her, but he figured that maybe she wanted her alone time. After all, this was a bit to take in with them running away and all.

He turned and looked away after he couldn't see Katie's figure anymore. He started to think then, think about this whole idea of his. Maybe it was crazy, but maybe it could work. Still, it was scary though, especially since he didn't even know where they would be going. 'Guess we'll just have to wait and see...' He sat back down, not wanting to go back home yet. He needed to think, needed to figure things out with this plan. He just hoped everything would work out in their favor.

Katie reached her door without too much of a problem. When she opened, however, the usual sneer and string of words where hurled at her. This time including "You're late" and "school called". Katie ignored them, going to her room and locking the door and sitting on her bed. "I guess..I should pack.." she muttered to herself, looking around and thinking. She picked up her backpack, slipping her wallet in her pocket. Starting with two pairs of clothes, she began to pack the following: clothes, water bottles (3), snacks (2 trail mix bars, 3 bags of granola), journal (empty), pencil, sharpener, pocketknife. She set the bag on her bed, taking her phone charger and putting it in and then laying back on her bed, setting an alarm on her phone for midnight and putting her headphones in, letting the music drown out the noises of the night.

Chance stayed at the park for a few more hours, laying back on his back with his head tilted up to look up at the sky, thoughts running through his head as he thought about all of the good and the bad that could come from all of this. He could hear the muttering of people as they walked back or entered into the park, most of them ignoring him, which he was grateful for, but after figuring that this time of day, right before midnight, was the time that most people came out here for what ever reason. So figuring that the boy picked himself up and headed home, his head held low the entire time so as not to make any eye contact with anyone that walked past him.

It was nearly dark outside by the time he got home, and when he did he wasn't surprised to not hear anything from his parents. He could hear the tv, though, and knew that they were home because he noticed their cars in the driveway before he entered in the house, but ever since the accident they had been giving him the silent treatment. Some parents they were... He went down the hall and opened the door to his room before he closed it behind himself, sighing as he leaned against the door a bit. His eyes were beginning to sting with tears again, but he quickly brushed them aside and started packing things; the money he had saved up, clothes and other essentials he felt he would need. He had packed lightly, figuring that he wouldn't need much, and if he did need anything hopefully he would have enough money to buy it.

He thought about resting before his time to leave, but found himself unable to close his eyes. So he stayed up, watching as the clock ticked by until the day turned into night, stars entering into the sky as the moon slowly made its way up the sky. When the clock struck midnight, Chance sat up and slung his backpack over his shoulder and walked out the door, figuring that while this wasn't the best way to sneak out he knew his parents were going to stop him even if they heard him. He closed the front door and headed out before he walked down the sidewalk and headed out towards the park, ending up in the same place that he say at a few hours ago. He waited, then, for Katie to come, wondering if she even was going to show up.

Her alarm went off quietly in her ears, stopping her music. She sighed, sitting up silently and putting her phone in her pocket. She pulled her backpack on her back and went over to her window, opening it. She climbed out on the porch roof and dropped her backpack off, jumping off carefully herself and landed softly, rolling over her shoulder and across her back to keep from hurting herself. She retrieved her bag and started up the street silently.

Two minutes later she stood at the entrance of the park, looking up and down the street before starting inside and up to where she could see Chance's outline in the moonlit sky. "Hey." she said quietly as she came up behind him.

((Sorry I haven't replied yet. Been busy with school and everything...))

Flinching a little after hearing a voice behind him, Chance looked back and sighed when he saw Katie, a bit surprised that she had even come. Maybe she was serious about this too? He wasn't sure, but he shook his head with a sigh and rubbed the back of his neck. "Do you have any ideas on where we could go?" He had come up with a few before, but he still wanted to see what her opinion was. "...Do you want to do this?"

((I understand, it's been the same here =P))

Katie shrugged a little. "No." she said, her voice still quiet. "Out of state..probably." She walked over and hugged him, finding some comfort in the fact that she wasn't dreaming they might be able to escape this nightmare. That they where really leaving all this pain. That this wasn't a dream, and in fact they were starting new lives. "Yes..I..I think it's the only way." she said in a quiet, thoughtful voice.

Chance nodded his head. "Right... Out of state." That might be a little bit of a stretch considering how they didn't have a car, or t least he knew he didn't have one anymore, and he doubted if Katie had one... But they'd figure something out, he reasoned with himself. He wrapped his arms around the girl and sighed, his eyes blinking as he listened to her speak, announcing that she was indeed wanting to go on this journey with him. Hopefully she wouldn't regret it in the end, as well as himself.

"Okay then." His voice was a mere whisper, quiet in the darkness, before he pulled back and looked around. "We should take the bus. I've heard that some run pretty late, so we can take one and see where that leads us." He looked down. "I'm sure I've got enough money for the both of us to get tickets, so we don't have to worry about that. Sound good?"

Katie nodded softly, wondering exactly what they would do once they did get out of the state. It's not like we can just walk around the streets for weeks at a time.. she thought. As he stepped back, she did as well, looking at the ground and crossing her arms loosely. "Sounds okay to me." she said in the same quiet voice that carried easily through the night sky, but would never have been heard during the day. She adjusted the straps of the backpack on her back. "Okay." She said again, as if repeating the plan to herself.

Again he nodded his head and then looked up, swiveling his head from side to side before he put his arm around Katie's shoulders. "Come on, we should get going. Let's see if there is anything running at the station." He wasn't really sure what they would do once they got a bus and left town, possibly the state. In due time, hopefully, they would figure something out. "We'll probably have to get jobs when we get to... Where ever we're going." Or find some kind of way to get money for them to survive.
He started pulling her along then, walking them out of the park and down he streets.

Katie nodded again, resting her head gently on his shoulder as he started to walk, his arm on her shoulders. "Possibly." she said quietly as he mentioned jobs. She looked up to see where they where going, half distracted by the simple fact that it was midnight, and it felt weird to walk the streets so empty. She looked back down at the ground. There's no backing out... She thought to herself, hardening her determination. There's no other choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.