Oriens Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bliss' eyes widened when Apple dude began walking on air, exiting the classroom. Figuring that he was trying to escape without leaving a trail, she tip toed after him. Upon entering the hallway once more she spotted Frosty and waved happily, beckoning her over. "Come on! We should go to the cafeteria! Or the courtyard or the student lounge or something, to talk!" She suggested.

Corrie quirked an eyebrow, but took a few steps towards them none the less. he pondered silently what it was that seemingly encouraged people to start conversations with her that day- typically she was pretty good at dissuading any potential speakers. Maybe she had done something different with her hair or something- who really knew what made one person gravitate towards another? Maybe it was her cool personality.
Corrie outwardly cringed at her own pun, running her fingers through her hair as she reached Bliss and Alex. She offered a small, slightly wobbly smile, as if she wasn't quite sure how to make it stay.

Alex nodded absent mindedly at Bliss' suggestion. He wasn't sure how he felt about making new friends so quickly. Originally, he had expected to pass by his days at this new school without attracting much attention, maybe making a few acquaintances here and there. After all, he was supposed to be harboring a dark secret. So much for that plan. He thought dryly to himself as his eyes met Corries for a half second before he abruptly looked away. Opting to focus on her fingers instead as she ran it through her hair. "Hey." He smiled, all of a sudden feeling shy for reasons he can't put his finger on. He shouldn't get close to people, he knew that. Past experiences have taught him enough times what happens to the people he held dear if he was around them and he didn't want to repeat those same mistakes again.

"Hi." Corrie averted her eyes downward, dropping her hand to hang limply at her side along with her fallen gaze. She never really had been good with the eye contact thing- most people tended to be put off guard by the startling intensity of her eyes, though she had never found them particularly terrifying. Remembering that she still had no idea what the girl's name was, she looked back in her direction. "I'm Corrie, by the way. But, ah, Frosty works too, I guess." When she smiled this time, she managed to make it look a bit less forced, and a bit less wavering.

Bliss bounced on the balls of her feet, completely oblivious to the other two's interaction. "I'm Bliss! And I think we should be friends!" She blurted out, unable to contain herself anymore. "Wouldn't that just be the awesomest thing? We could be like a trio! Like in Harry Potter! But with less death and dark lords and stuff!"

"And I'm Alex." Alex grinned and pointed a thumb at himself, influenced by Bliss' seemingly boundless energy. He couldn't help but laugh at her Harry Potter idea, the picture of them waving wands at each other was too much for him to handle. "Ah, but we shouldn't just stand in the hallway. She-" Just as he was about to warn the two, a shrill screech emitted from inside the classroom.

"ALEXANDER BELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Alex scratched his nose, an embarrassed smile on his face. "Guess we gotta run." He said simply, as the angry sound of heels pounding the floor closed in on them.

Bliss whirled around to see their teacher charging towards them. Usually she would yield and demand that the 'right' thing be done. But not now! There was no way that some boring teacher was going to ruin her plans for friendship! So she quickly transformed into fluffy white cat and began running, her unsheathed claws causing her to skid across the tiled floor. "Come on, Corrie!" She yowled over her shoulder.

Corrie had been about to forcefully insist that she wasn't exactly a group kind of girl, and she definitely wasn't going to be seen as the nerdy one out of what few friends she had yet again, but the teacher's screech caught her off guard. Eyes widening, she took off running- though she wasn't quite sure why. After all, it was Alex who was in trouble, not her. she could have gone in the other direction and not had to spend any time at all with other people. Still, for some reason, she followed Bliss.

Alex raced down the hall, keeping pace with Bliss. Although he went along with it, he doubted the trio idea would ever come to fruition. Sooner or later, if they ever found out about his fallen side, they would definitely be scared away. Even if they didn't shun him because of it, he would have to leave them in the end for their own safety. Alex glanced at the fluffy white cat beside him and then looked back at Corrie and felt his heart sink a bit. If only he didn't have this forsaken curse! He gritted his teeth and came to a stop. The teacher wasn't chasing them anymore. They didn't have to run far anyways since the teacher had been wearing heels in the first place. He looked around at their surroundings, not quite sure where they were.

Bliss skid to a stop when the sound of furiously clicking heels faded. She took a moment to catch her breath, and shifted back to human form, adjusting her shirt and pants a bit. Even though she had mastered shifting fully clothed, her garments still got really wrinkled and twisted up.
"Whoo! Okay!" She exclaimed, fist pumping the air, then staring blankly at their surroundings. "Um...Where are we?"

Corrie looked around, her head tilted slightly. "I've never been here before," She commented in a soft voice, like she wasn't sure if her opinion was valid. It seemed painfully obvious to her that she didn't talk to other people much. "But it doesn't look like it gets used very often." Her widened eyes took in their surroundings with mild curiosity. It was dusty, but not overly so- maybe a room the maintenance crew missed for a few days at a time. At least there were no boring teachers trying to yell at them here.

Alex leaned against the wall that he stood next to, using a finger to move the strand of light coffee colored hair that seemed to always get in the way of his eyes whenever he did some exercise. "So… Kind of like a secret hideout." He murmured half jokingly, eyes still searching the room. They had been on the fifth floor of the Minerva building where the smaller classroom was located. If he had to guess, this could be either an unused classroom or a club room used by students who only met sparingly during the week. Probably the latter. Alex concluded as he walked over to a old wooden desk and picked up a yellow notebook that a student must have left behind.

Well, there was really no denying it now. Vash was lost. How did this even happen? Mel and Riff had even dropped him off at his class. He just had to go down the hallway and go through the second door on the left. Now he was somehow outside . . . This was awkward. He looked around to see if there was anyone he could ask for directions but couldn't see anyone. Great. They were probably all in class or something.

Deciding to follow the advice he had always been given as a kid, he tried staying still, waiting for someone to find him first. But Vash had never been the most patient person, or someone who could stay still for very long, so before 15 minutes passed he was already wandering around again, leaving tangled trails of footprints in the snow.

~~~~~

Walking toward her next class, Bunny thought about Johan, playing with the number in her hand. He didn't seem all that strong, but she didn't really have many friends here. There were guys that talked to her occasionally or when they had to, but that was it . . . She really should go make some friends, shouldn't she?

Not paying attention to where she was going, Bunny bumped into someone, falling on her butt in the process. "Ow. I-I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attent-" The angel stopped mid-sentence as she was met by the same glare she came across a few days ago. Before her was the black haired girl from Sunday, a blond boy behind her.

"Watch where you're going, idiot." Mel looked down at Bunny with a scowl, unhappy to be seeing some angel. "Great. Now I have to burn this outfit. Riff, take care of this tonight."

"Yes, Miss Mel." Riff turned to Bunny, offering her his hand and a gentle smile. "Are you okay?" He felt a bit bad for the trembling little girl on the floor. Mel had obviously scared the poor thing. Bunny hesitated for a bit before reaching for the demon's hand. "Y-yeah. I'm okay." However, before their fingers touched, Mel slapped her hand away. She looked down at the angel with a glare that felt like it could shoot out lasers. "What do you think you're doing? I do not want such filth touching my possessions."

Bunny looked back to the floor. "S-sorry," she said in a barely audible voice.

The cafeteria was quiet. Most students had lessons this time of the day, but not Johan. His classes were either canceled or assignment workshops today, so he wouldn't be in trouble for not coming. "Hmm, maybe I should add 'Werewolf detective' to my card." Johan sat in the middle of the room, muttering to himself as he made more slips of paper with his contact info. The look on Bunny's face had made him conscious that she had no way of knowing what he was.

A young girl came into the cafeteria, and walked straight towards Johan. "So, what did you find out about..." She began blushing as Johan gestured her to stop talking. "I'm not going to spoil anything, but don't you worry about your crush." The werewolf looked up from his notebook. "But I wouldn't be too forward with him either, you'd probably scare him." The girl handed over a pouch, which Johan took and opened. Inside was a plastic bag filled with figs. A smile spread across Johan as he ate one. "Please come back if you need anything, as long as you have figs I'll be glad to help." With a short bow and a thank you, the girl left with a wide smile.

Corrie, taking in her surroundings curiously, backed up against a nearby desk and put her hands against the surface. Being the elf she was, it required her to stand on her tiptoes in order to sit comfortably on the top of it. "Secret hideouts are pretty cool," She piped up in a slightly stronger voice than before. "Though, HQ sounds cooler. Maybe Home Base." Her tone was joking, like she was speaking without the filter than normally monitored her speech. And she was, to a degree. It was a nice feeling to be able to speak without feeling like someone was judging everything you said.

Bliss let out a squeal of delight, "This should be our Head Quarters!" She clasped her hands together and bounced on her tippy toes, her ears turning into dog ears and a tail temporarily appearing and wagging energetically. "We really are like the Golden Trio!" She squealed, staring at the other two hopefully. She always wanted to be apart of some sort of club or sisterhood. Well really it would be a co-ed hood, on account of Alex, but either one was awesome! "Come on guys, let's make a pledge or a pact or something! We'll help each other whenever we're in a bind and join forces against evil! Or the man!" Not that she really knew who the man was, but who cares?

Alex leaned up against the wall, two chocolate drop eyes gazing at both Corrie and Bliss curiously. Hot sunlight illuminated him as he stood next to an open window while the other two were covered partially in shadows. Still, he could clearly make out the open expressions on each of their faces. Bliss, with hope and a child like enthusiasm brimming from her eyes, some glitter fluttering to the ground as she bounced eagerly on her tippy toes. Corrie, somehow more open in her demeanor than when he had first met her, the distrust that he felt from her then now absent from her face. In its place, he saw something different, a sort of nervousness, as if she was unsure of herself and completely new to these sort of situations. Why did he feel so peaceful at this moment? This simple yet powerful image of normal school life in front of him which he thought had been lost to him forever. Was it really alright for him to grasp something like this and call it his own? He almost felt like he was biting into a forbidden fruit. His mind reeled, trying to jerk him back to his past, to that promise he had made with himself in order to keep those close to him safe. Yet he couldn't resist this powerful emotion. Maybe it was loneliness or maybe it was youth, a sort of naivety which told him that it would be different this time, that everything was going to be okay. A chill breeze rolled through the open window then, prickling at his cheeks and shifting his light brown hair slightly. He smiled at the two, an authentic gentle smile that he hadn't shown for what felt like ages ago. "Head quarters huh?... I can roll with it."

Corrie was taking the situation much more seriously than it was. It wasn't a conscious decision that she made, of course, and she stopped herself as best she could when she noticed. But sometimes, in moments such as these, she let her mind slip and run away from her. The blank look on her face would last only a few seconds, no more, but it was long enough for her to envision every possible way for her to screw up and accidentally kill the only two people who had given her the time of day in what seemed like a lifetime. What if she got angry? Or if one of them hurt her? She still had nightmares about what happened with Jonah, years ago now, and she wasn't sure if she could handle it a second time. A moment later, Corrie felt Alex's eyes on her. She met his gaze for a heartbeat before dropping it back to the ground shyly. At least it was enough to snap her out of her maleficent reverie, and she smiled fleetingly. "Yeah, that sounds nice, I think."

Bliss almost exploded. Right then and there, with excitement. "YES!!" She cried, fist pumping the air. "Okay, okay okay okay! This is so cool! Should we shake on it? Oh but there are three of us, that would be kind of weird huh? Or maybe we should do like a spit thing? No never mind that's gross..." She wanted something to finalize it...To seal the deal so to speak. Something that could make their union seem more corporeal. "A name! What should we call ourselves? The Super Squad? Frosty Furry and Apples? No...That's lame. Corrie, Alex and Bliss...C.A.B! That's dumb too..."She grumbled. She had never really been good at coming up with names.
She suddenly stopped bouncing and muttering potential group names under her breath and turned to the other two. "You know what? Maybe we should get to know each other first. Okay...So we have names...Ooh! Powers! Let's go!" She exclaimed, pointing at Alex.

The yellow notebook Alex had been holding slowly lifted out of his hand and sat in the air in front of him. "My power is gravity manipulation..." He frowned and focused his attention on the notebook as it slowly made its way towards Bliss, rotating in midair all the while. "You probably thought I had the power of levitation from what you saw back in the classroom... But that's what I want others to think." A sly smile appeared on his face as the notebook suddenly dropped to the floor with a huge thud. "It's going to take the strength of several strong men to even budge that notebook now." He added. "It's not as strong as it seems though. As the object my power is focusing on gets further away from me the weaker my influence is on it." Alex sighed as he loosened his focus and raised his arms into a stretch. "And if I want to lift heavy objects like cars I would have to put pretty much all my focus behind it..." He trailed off before shooting a subtle glance at Corrie, counting on her to keep her promise to not say anything. However if I'm in that state, it's a different story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.