Oriens Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hades was thrown back, quickly standing he was full of rage, black blood poured from his mouth, hades took a step towards the boy before falling, luckily he caught himself with one knee "You lieing mortal, You are two late" Hades grined as he pionted to alexs name printed in the air just a foot away from hades, "You are of a race so old that us demons would bow to your command!" With out another second hades transformation started, he was 8"11 now, his skin was a dark purple, his eyes where blue, but large black dimond spikes stuck out his back, he was almost the god he wished to be. "Your ancienters roomed this earth 50,000 thousand years ago, it is clear that they walk among us again." Hades was standing his tallest, he was ready for a fight, new powers awaited his command.

Johan laughed for a moment. "If you guys work with a group of over zealous priests, then please just get it over with!" Amusement was painted on his face. "Seriously though, I can both smell and feel it. You're not going through those pearly gates, even if they do really exist."

After taking a quick breath, Johan sits up straight. "Besides, we're going to be living in the same room. Might as well get to know something about each other."

"ARHHHHHHH!!!" Alex cringed in tremendous pain as he fell to his knees, cradling the right gauntlet that he had struck Hades with. "I'll kill you demon. I"ll kill you!" On the verge of passing out, Alex was in no shape to fight the now more powerful version of Hades. He could only look in horror as scars that resembled an strange ancient language seemed to be brandished onto his right arm. He cursed Hades under his breath and swore his revenge, burning Hades image into his mind through the excruciating pain. His eyes were completely scarlet now, even the sclera, and nothing but rage and bloodlust seemed to remain in his shell of a body.

Nix frowned at the girl's reply. A roommate? Sh**... She let out a heavy sigh. From the sound of it, Bunny wasn't the only one she was going to be rooming with. Great... The girl's face turned pink as she replied to the thank you. An Angel? That's... cute. She told Nix to follow her to the room.

They walked up to an elevator and as the doors opened, things came out of it. Nix wasn't even sure what they were. A girl and a demon? She let out a loud sigh. She didn't have time to deal with this. If it was going to be this hectic, why had she even come here? Were they even capable of helping her? She let out a frustrated sigh and stepped inside along with Bunny. She looked for the button for the 5th floor and pressed it.

Alexander, without anymore strength to keep conscious, fell into a deep slumber on the ground. Other students would probably wonder why he was sleeping at such a weird location when they pass by but he didn't have the energy to care. He had a feeling that everything would be just fine the next time he woke up.

(Sorry for such a late post. Christmas got in the way . . . And then manga updates . . . I get easily distracted.)

~~~~~Wednesday, January XX~~~~~

Bunny dragged her feet through the halls as she left her morning math class. God, she hated math. And it certainly didn't help that she was no good at it either. She wished it wasn't a requirement. Where in the world would she need to know how to calculate the area of a circle? She came here to deal with a killer, not learn algebra. Books clutched tightly to her chest, she weaved through the other kids in the hallway, catching snipits of rumors left and right.

Whispers still flowed through the halls about the fight that occurred days before. A fight itself wasn't that big of news. In all schools, people were prone to lash out at each other and Oriens was no different. But teenagers like to gossip, so there would be few secrets within these walls. And what made it more news worthy was that the instigator was a new student, arrived that very day. A demon it seemed, or at least a demon possession. Either way, he didn't seem to make a very good first impression.

Bunny had been a bit on edge the last few days. Not only had there been a fight between students but she may have also found the girl she was looking for. And though that in itself was good news in that her lead was correct, the angel didn't think she was ready to take on the nameless girl. Her time at Oriens hadn't been in vain, but the results weren't that amazing either. Maybe she should enroll in another combat class.

Lost in thought, she wasn't paying attention to where she was going and tripped over . . . well, nothing. Face red with embarrassment, she did her best to gather her fallen books before too many people saw.

(I'll post for Riff and the others tomorrow. It's getting late on my end of the world.)

The school's intercom crackles to life and a deep voice emitted from it. "Good morning students, this is your Headmaster, Molan Altair. You may call me Headmaster Altair. I apologize for the late welcome, I had matters to attend to. I hope everyone has gotten accustomed to school life, yes? If not, there are always maps of the school's layout in the front office. And do not forget that the teachers and other staff are here to help you." There was a pause, as if the headmaster was deciding whether to say something or not. "And my son, Tadgh, a tall boy, bright blue eyes, always has his hands on some type of electronic device," He described with laughter in his voice, "Would be very willing to help you as well."

"Now then," Molan continued, "A fight occurred in the past few days. A fight between students that destroyed part of a building. That, students is called vandalism and is a punishable act. Not only did vandalism occur, but students were placed in danger. I regret not being there to help those students, and I hope that they will forgive me. As for the student who lost control of themselves and committed these punishable acts, I will issue this warning. If you do this again, I will have no choice but to turn to a very harsh punishment. One that I do not wish to put to use."

"In other news, someone is taking more than there fair share of muffins from the cafeteria. I would appreciate it, if you stopped. Muffins are for everyone not just you." And with that the intercom went silent.

- -
Tadgh released a groan of despair, he hated when his dad mentioned him during his lame speeches. Now people were going to look to him for guidance...Not that he minded, well he did. Kind of. Some newbies were really clingy.

"In other news, I have a very high metabolism." Johan muttered as the intercom went silent. "And the moon isn't helping either." He added, and continued walking down the lightly crowded hallway. His right hand, which was planted firmly in his pocket, hurt very badly for no apparent reason.
Since he lost his pack, that hand had been causing him a lot of problems. "On the bright side." He thought to himself. "I can hold my cross without it tickling my palm."

As he passed a corner, Johan saw a young girl with a red face gathered her books hurriedly. After a quick calculation he figured that she'd be done before he could come and help, but he quickly weaved his way through the crowd either way. Coming up behind the girl silently, Johan spoke out in a quiet voice. "If you're going to trip in the hallways, make sure nobody sees you blushing like that." Even before she stood up, Johan could see just how small she was compared to himself. A small laugh escaped his mouth. "Not to come across as improper, but we should both get going soon. People are already noticing us, and a few have begun talking about some old creep chatting up a helpless little girl." he said, and looked up trying to hear better. "Scratch the 'old creep' part, someone already changed it to perv." He said, not the slightest upset by what he had heard.

'...Muffins are for everyone not just you..." Alexander cringed in his environmental studies class as the intercom goes silent, his chocolate drop eyes turned away in discomfort. There was no doubt the headmaster was talking about him. No, not the muffins part, but the part right before it. Though, he made a memo to himself to try some of those muffins the next time he visited the cafeteria.

"Mr. Bell. Would you please read us chapter 1, section 3?"

It was a mistake to have fought that demon seriously, even if only for a moment. Now his plan of minimal exposure while hiding his true nature was in jeopardy on the first week.

"...Mr. Bell?"

On top of that, rumors of the fight had spread far and wide in the school. Fights were common in this school, but apparently his had gone just a tad overboard. Maybe they'll forget about it in a week... He played with the possibility while twirling a locket of his light brown hair that happened to fall in front of his eyes.

"Mr. Bell!!!!"

Alexander jumped in his chair at his Environmental teacher's angry voice, who was glaring at him while stabbing a slim finger at her book. "Chapter 1, Section 3 please. And see me after class for daydreaming on the first week of school."

Alexander sighed inwardly and held up his book, turning to the page the teacher had requested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corrie tapped her fingers lightly against her desk, fidgety and impatient. This class had been driving her near insanity since about five minutes after it started. If it had been something important, like combat or power control, she would have paid attention, of course. But whatever this was- useless. Something she would suffer through until she was out on her own, but would do her absolutely no good in the long run.

Now, when her brother was alive- he had taught her important things, or at least as much as he could. How to hide, how to fight, how to pickpocket. Life lessons. Not that she had used the last since arriving at the Academy, of course. Now, at least, she didn't need to hide and steal. Her only escape to the real world from the school was books. Dozens of them, hidden in the most discreet places, places no one would ever look. Books that had been Noah's, once upon a time.

Cordelia, brushing a strand of soft white hair out of her face in annoyance, was glad of the distraction when the teacher got angry at a student. She couldn't tell who, from her spot at the back of the class, but it didn't matter anyway. She quickly went back to causing frost to spread across the surface of her desk.

Bliss twitched and shifted in her seat. She had somehow managed to wake up extremely late, with her face practically covered in glitter, because she had fall en asleep on her own welcome banner. Her roommates hadn't even showed up either! And then she had to skip breakfast and head straight to class! And now her stomach was growling and she couldn't cover up the noise! She just needed something! Anything to quench her hunger or her thirst? Her gaze locked on a girl who seemed to be covering the top of her desk with ice.
"Psst!" She hisses, leaning over a bit. "Hey! Psst!" She repeated and pointed at the girl's handiwork. "Can you give me an icicle? Please?" She begged.

Corrie glanced over at the girl, slightly confused, but shrugged her shoulders anyway. Stretching her thin fingers outwards, she caused the underside of the girl's desk to be cloaked in frost. A moment later, it was covered in icicles. She gave the girl a slight smile before starting to scratch at the surface of her own frost-covered desk.

She had never really been able to figure out how she could do it. The ice thing, of course. She supposed it was something to due with pulling water out of the air, or something like that. Either way, it was rather useful. There had been plenty of times when she froze people's mouths shut, or blocked them with a wall of her own making. It was fun, more than anything else.

"I-it's not my fault," Bunny muttered. "I didn't plan on falling." She quickly gathered her things and stood up, though she still had to turn her face up to look in the boy's face. It sort of sucked that nearly everyone was taller than she was, though at 5'1" there wasn't much she could do about it. Her face became even redder when Johan alerted her that others saw this as a predator situation. "I-I-I'm not that small! I'll grow . . . Maybe." Okay, so she wasn't the tallest girl around. And her chest did leave a little . . . a lot to be desired. But she wasn't a complete child.

Still, it wasn't this guy's fault that she was little. It wasn't nice to just yell at him like that. "I'm sorry. I . . . I guess I'm a bit stressed now. T-thank you for helping me."

~~~~~

Vash froze as the announcements went on. Mouth full of muffin and five more in his arms, he looked at the speaker guiltily before swallowing. "Whoops . . . Well, maybe they shouldn't just leave them out in the open like that."

"Shut up, Vash. No one wants to hear your idiotic ramblings." Mel shot him a dirty look. "Now hurry up before you're late for your class. If you do anything to tarnish my name, I will not let it slide."

The white haired demon quieted down, looking to Riff for some form of support. But the blond was avoiding his gaze, probably not willing to stand up to Mel. Dejected, Vash went back to his muffins. He should probably finish them before his next class.

(Sorry. Writer's block.)

"Hey, it's not your fault you haven't grown that much." Johan said and a smile appeared on his face. "There's no reason to thank me, really. But try to relax a bit, stress is bad for your health." After smelling the air, Johan continued. "Though I can't smell it on you like I can with so many others."

The werewolf reached into the pocket of his vest and pulled out a slip of paper. "If you ever need anything, give me a call. My Name's Johan, and I'm a werewolf. I used to be a scout before my pack was destroyed, so I'm a problem solver. If you continue being stressed like this, and there's anything I can do to help, my phone number and name is on there." He pointed down the hallway, towards the cafeteria. "I'm going to grab something to eat. I don't have classes till some time tonight, so I'll probably be there most of the day."

His phone began beeping in an extremely high frequency, higher than the normal human can hear clearly. After pulling up the device and checking his messages, Johan excused himself. "Sorry, one of my old contacts wants to know how life is here." He said while sending a short reply.

The classroom was rather quiet now except for the sound of the teacher's chalk hitting the board and a constant low stomach growl that had been present ever since the beginning of class. The growling itself wasn't too loud, since whomever it came from probably wasn't too famished yet, but it was still loud enough for the back half of the class to hear. Apparently, the other students around him had noticed too, and some were giggling to themselves while sneaking peeks at whomever the noise came from. Alexander couldn't help it anymore and stole a glance back as well when he made sure the teacher wasn't turning around anytime soon. He then understood why everyone else was giggling.

A dark brown girl with light pink hair and violet eyes was the first thing he saw. Then he noticed how comical she looked with glitter all over her face and a messy appearance indicating of being rushed to class. She had been whispering to someone near her, he couldn't tell who as that person was in his row, separated from him by two or three other students. Wait, was it just him or did it suddenly get chilly inside the classroom? Alexander looked around the room for some explanation. Could the air conditioner be broken in this room?

"Sweet! Thanks!" She whisper yelled, when the girl iced her desk. She began to chip of pieces of the icicles off and stuff them into her mouth. The teacher turned abruptly, halting her writing and glowered at her. Thankfully she wasn't holding any ice anymore. She gave her a wide smile and he rolled her eyes turning back. Realizing that her ice crunching was probably pretty damn loud, she leaned forward and partially shifted so that she had an anteaters snout, and tongue so she could lick the ice.

Ugh, she couldn't wait until this class was over! This by far was her least favorite! Well actually all classes were her least favorite. Except for physical education, and lunch. But the latter probably didn't count.

Last edited:
(The teacher's a woman btw =P)

Alexander had caught the pink haired girl stuffing herself with icicles when he heard the crunching noise. It was all he could do to keep a straight face once she transformed her nose into an anteaters and started licking the ice underneath her desk. He laughed silently under his breath and focused his attention on his backpack briefly. Shortly after, a small tasty looking red apple levitated out of his open backpack and flew at the unsuspecting pink haired girl's forehead.

Kye blinked as the announcements echoed over him. "I'm gone for one day," he sighed as he began grabbing his breakfast -- mostly composed of muffins, "and I miss the first real fight of the year." Grumbling and nearly inhaling one of the muffins in his hand, he tilted his head to listen to the rest of the announcements. "Well, sucks for everyone else," Kye commented around the mouthful of muffin in his mouth, and just to spite the headmaster, he grabbed another muffin and started towards his first class of the day.

"You would think that by now, I would be upgraded to teacher assistant or something," he sighed under his breath and distractedly chomped off another bit of his muffin. "Or, you know, they'd let me leave." You have nowhere to go, his thoughts reminded him promptly, and he just pushed them away.

For the most part, he was dozing -- he had heard all of this before thanks to his research sessions in the library -- but Kye found his attention drawn in by the the teacher's shout, "Mr. Bell!" His blue gaze swept the room and was surprised when he found that the person of interest was seated right beside him. Well, what d'you know?

"Smooth," he commented with a small smile, and he glanced back up upon the entrance of another. Pink hair, glitter... Quite the crowd this year. He turned back to the person he was sitting beside just in time to sense the flow of power from the kid, and Kye watched the apple fly towards the newcomer... With an unprecedented wave of goodwill, Kye flicked his fingertips, and flame consumed the apple, reducing it to ash. That's for you, Liam.

Alexander blinked in open surprise as the apple he sent towards the girl was reduced to mere ash by flames. It took a few more seconds for him to realize that the root cause of the flames was sitting right beside him. "What was that for?" He turned and hissed at the boy beside him. From what he can tell, the boy had been sleeping most of the class and had only woken up not long ago to make a remark about his misfortune.

Kye just looked at the boy with a blank expression. "Throwing apples at people isn't nice," he responded simply. Yes, because you're the epitome of niceness, chuckled the voice in his head, and he just ignored it, once again. He tilted his head, wondering if he had perhaps misinterpreted the intention behind the throw... "If you wanted to give it to the girl, there are... less harmful ways to do it."

Status
Not open for further replies.