Oriens Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex rolled his eyes in slight annoyance. "Yes, and I would throw perfectly good apples at random people on purpose." He shook his head. The one time that he decides to do something nice for a random stranger, some random guy had to ruin it. Alex sighed and glanced at the pink haired girl. "She seemed to be starving and her stomach growls was bothering everyone else in class. I doubt she would have made it to the end of class." He looked back at the boy intently. "Now you owe me an apple."

Bliss jerked her half anteater snouted head up when a wonderfully fruity smell wafted up her nose, and she practically started drooling when she saw the apple flying towards her. However her elation and happiness was cut short when the red fruit prompt;y burst into flames. She let out a surprised and dismayed whimper, when the ashes fell to the ground. She stared at the remains of the apple longingly, and wondered if anyone would notice if she scooped the ashes up and ate them, but shook the thought out of her head. No way would she eat off of the floor. She was better than that!

Giving the apple one last forlorn glance she started surveying the class, trying to find the source of the apple and the one who had roasted it. Unless of course the person who had thrown the apple was some type of fruit manifesting, fire manipulating hybrid who just wanted to mess with her.
Her anteater snout shifted back into her regular face and she transformed her ears into that of a dog, so she could try and hear anyone discussing the flying apple.
"...you owe me an apple." She heard a guy say and she locked her gaze onto him. He must have been the one to throw her the apple. And he didn't sound like the one who had set it on fire though. She made a mental note to thank the guy after class, as she couldn't do much from back here. She was pretty sure, the professor was already in a bad mood, and she didn't want to anger her further by passing notes.

Kye looked at him blankly as if to ask: why wouldn't you? It was certainly something he would do... And this is why I can't do nice things for people. He sighed when the stranger informed him that he owed him an apple now -- like he didn't know that earlier -- and he realized that since he had started being nice, he had to see it all the way through... "Yeah, yeah," he murmured nonchalantly, and meanwhile, his fingers began moving under his desk.

The girl who had been growing ice on her desk, he cast a little bit of fire over there, silently melting some of the icicles and gathering the water in midair. He could feel his hands begin to grow sweaty with the effort -- he wasn't used to doing this sort of thing, not with this area of elements -- and he refocused on the girl, gathering a core of earth magic just over her desk. Closing his eyes, Kye moved the small ball of water he had gathered to the earth magic he had brought out, and he mixed them together. A moment later, the fruit he was envisioning began to take form... And an apple floated in front of the girl before being gently set back down onto the desk.

"And now I don't owe you an apple," Kye grumbled, his voice tight from exhaustion, and he leaned back, debating about whether or not he really should sleep. Well, there goes my magic for the day. Briefly, he wondered why his brother even bothered doing such nice things for people. It's exhausting.

Alex observed in silence as an apple formed on the girl's desk. He noted the different types of elements the boy used. At least three so far and possibly many more. "Not bad..." He nodded reluctantly as the boy sat back in his chair. He had to admit. The boy had either a lot of skill or talent. To turn an apple into ash is one thing, but to make one out of the surroundings and control over the elements on top of that! This school really is something else... Alex once again had to appreciate the amount of talent gathered at this one place. He couldn't underestimate anyone here.

However, the boy right now seemed a bit tired from the ordeal. He almost looked like he was going back to sleep.

"Hey, don't just go back to sl-!"

"Now, that's quite enough Mr. Bell and you too Mr. Adams."

Uh oh, the teacher had crept up on them without Alex noticing. Their interaction had attracted too much attention.

"Detention after class. Both of you."

Alex groaned. There goes his minimal exposure dream.

Kye opened one eye to look at the boy. "I will do what I want," he informed him and proceeded to grow stiff at the sound of the teacher's voice. As he heard her verdict, he leaned backward, his head hanging behind him. "I'll have you know --" he began but couldn't continue; he could hardly speak. Grimacing, he straightened and turned to look at the woman, but she was already gone, returning to her teaching. Never again. Grumbling incoherently under his breath, Kye turned back to the boy he was seated beside and looked him over, eyes critical.

"This is your fault," he stated flatly, but a half smile tugged at his lips. "But, since we're apparently partners in crime, I might as well know who you are. You can call me Kye," he leaned back and crossed his arms, "and you are?"

As another apple was created and placed on her desk, Bliss blinked and poked it suspiciously. Finding it delicious looking and even more delicious smelling, she quickly shifted her head into that of a pony and devoured it in one chomp. "Thankss!" She whisper yelled to the boy who had made her the apple. "The fact that this came from magic isn't going to kill me later right?" She said, although she probably should have asked before she stuffed it in her mouth.

Corrie's icy blue eyes were trained on the teacher, the corner of her mouth turned up in an amused smile. She was enjoying herself more in this class, with the events passing between those few students, more than she had in possibly any other class the past two years. When she caught sight of the boy in the same row as her, she noticed it was the same one from Sunday, and felt the overwhelming urge to throw a snowball at his head.

Tucking a strand of white hair behind her ear, she decided against it- but just barely. To satisfy the urge she felt while influenced by annoyance, she set about creating little ice figures of snowmen and reindeer and setting them around the desk.

(How do you make an apple from the elements? I think it'd take a bit more to change the composition of atoms from a basic element to a complex fruit.)

(I was thinking the apple would taste really bland or artificial. It was made from only earth and water elements after all... Or maybe Bliss just doesn't care enough about the taste XD)

Alex nodded in acknowledgement to Kye's statement to do whatever he wants. Besides, it's not like he was elected to be the class president or something similar and needed to keep his other classmates in check. "My fault?" Alex scoffed in response but kept a playful grin on his lips. "I'm pretty sure you were the one who started it in the first place…" He leaned back in his seat, all previous tension gone. They were like two naughty kids who awaited their punishment. "The name's Alexander Bell." He paused slightly before continuing. "You can call me Alex."

Then there it was again. The same faint ice chilly feeling he had gotten earlier in class, but this time he could feel a slight degree of animosity behind it. "Hey, hey..." He grumbled and turned his head slightly, spotting a pair of familiar cold blue eyes that he had not seen since three days ago. "Well, would you look at that." Alex mused. He wasn't sure if Corrie had seen him yet as she was making little figures again on her desk, but the pink haired girl close to Corrie definitely noticed them by now, she had been looking in Alex and Kye's direction for a while now. Maybe she finally realized the cause of all these strange happenings? Alex chuckled and turned back to the front, unwilling to risk any further punishment from the teacher. When does class end anyways? He had just about enough of this class by now, there's only so much trouble a person can get into on their first week of school. The biased teacher must be also blind or dumb to not notice Corrie's little ice playing, and he doubted the teachers here were either of the two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corrie felt the desk move slightly under her hands, not of her own doing. Looking upwards, she allowed a slight, nervous smile to grace her lips. Sure enough, the teacher had taken notice- she was now collecting the figures Corrie had finished from the desk, looking incredibly annoyed.

"Do I have to invite you to see me in detention as well?"

Corrie shook her head, widening her eyes in an innocent way. She shrunk down in her seat slightly, and peering up at the teacher, she really nailed the child thing. However, as soon as the woman turned her back, she was sitting straight again, her eyes narrowed icily in annoyance. She had never understood teachers anyway. It wasn't as if she was disturbing anyone, and at least she wasn't throwing snowballs at the back of students heads. Tried that once. Not worth the punishment.

Alex couldn't help but glance at the clock in front of the class every now and then. Class was going to end in about five more minutes and he had just remembered something that he had to do before class was dispersed. Tearing a piece of notebook paper off as quietly as possible, he made sure the teacher wasn't watching before quickly scribbling in the note. He then crumpled it once he was finished and discretely dropped the note down by his feet. Channeling gravity power the second time that day through his body, he directed a small amount of the power into the note, sending it to navigate itself onto Corrie's desk without attracting attention.

Don't say anything about sunday to anyone, please!!! If you promise not to, I'll treat you to some ice cream later... Or whatever you want- Alex ^_^Y (nothing too expensive kid, I'm broke.)

Corrie was the only one who had been physically present when he fought with the demon. And although she was most likely passed out during the fight, he can't say for sure that she didn't see anything. He needed to at least get Corrie's promise to not reveal anything about his true nature or it would be hard for him to live here. If he's lucky, she would have been completely passed out during the fight and had not seen him in his fallen state.

(Yeah, I was planning on Bliss being a little paranoid and throwing it up later. )
"Miss Jackson, no eating in class and no shape shifting!" A stern voice snapped. And Bliss looked up quickly, restoring her face to its regular human appearance and giving the teacher an apologetic smile. "Sorry..." She muttered and tried her best to concentrate on the lesson. She glanced at the clock when the teacher walked away. Three more minutes...And she highly doubted that the teacher would let them go early, because of all the disturbances earlier. She needed to catch up to the two boys though and thank them. And maybe she should talk to the icicle girl, she looked like perfect friend material.

Corrie looked down at her desk in surprise when he note landed on it. An eyebrow quirked curiously, she skimmed her blue eyes down the paper. Though unintentional, a soft smile seemed to play on her lips while she read. Quickly, the girl glanced over at the clock, and tucked the note in her pocket before pulling out a small notepad of her own, and writing down a reply in small, neat cursive.

I won't tell, if you promise not to tell anyone about the whole getting knocked out thing. Embarassing.

She looked at the small square of light blue paper for a moment, chewing thoughtfully on her bottom lip. Did she really want to commit to doing anything later? He had seemed normal enough, but whatever had seemingly possessed him near the end of the fight sure as hell creeped her out.

And I'm holding you to the promise of ice cream (:

Before she could change her mind, Corrie sent the note along with an icy gust of wind towards Alex's desk.

Alexander's dark brown eyes steadily fixed themselves onto the tiny square note that gently landed on his desk. He held up the small note, a soft shade of blue that he now recognized as characteristic of Corrie, and skimmed it. The delicate handwriting caught him by surprise for he had thought of Corrie just as a blunt girl, someone who would make any guy cringe in her presence if they got on her bad side. Instead, a small warm sensation momentarily enveloped his face as he thought of those blue eyes with something other than annoyance behind them. Quickly, he clapped both of his hands against his cheeks in a face-palm fashion to get rid of the warm sensation. ...I'm just asking her not to tell anyone about my fallen state. Alexander thought firmly to himself as if he needed to confirm the obvious. He took a side glance at Kye from his peripheral vision, wondering if his new classroom neighbor had noticed him reading the note.

Reactions: 2 people
Bunny stiffened, looking at Johan suspiciously. How could he smell stress? And more importantly, why was he sniffing her? Maybe the crowd was right and he was a pervert. She took a step back.

She jumped as Johan pulled out the paper, but she reluctantly took it. Pervert or not, she might need this guy's help. "T-thank you. I'm Lilith but people call me Bunny for some reason." The angel waved goodbye as she watched Johan leave. Turning the paper over in her hand, she read the numbers scrawled across its surface. Why did he have this ready? Did he just keep random slips with his number on them just in case?

Well, it couldn't hurt, right? She put the paper into her sweater pocket, deciding to put it into her phone later.

As soon as the bell rang, Corrie was on her feet. Or maybe she had stood up a few seconds before the bell rang- she couldn't be sure, but the look on the teacher's face didn't look too pleased. Ignoring the boring woman Corrie didn't particularly like, she shoved her notebooks and pens carelessly into her bag before slinging it over her shoulder. Slipping the only notebook that didn't fit under her arm, the small girl took a shallow breath of air and walked towards the front of the class.

Whether Bliss would say something to her, or possibly Alex, she wasn't sure- she wasn't even sure if she wanted anyone to talk to her anymore. Typically it was an obvious no, as getting to her next class so she could continue her book always came first. But she had taken a bit of a subconscious liking to the two, for some reason she couldn't fathom.

Alex saw Corrie pass his desk almost the exact same moment the bell rang. Someone's eager to leave. He just watched Corrie's back as she left the class, not making any attempt to catch her attention. They had already promised to meet up later anyways. Rather, his concern was the extra detention time that he was now forced to spend after class with Kye. He dimly remembered promising his new roommates the night before to meet up together sometime that day in order to get to know each other more. What were their names again… Riff, Vash, and… Johan? He closed his eyes, trying to match each of their faces to their names. It was in his best interest to be on friendly terms with those that shared the same room as him. After all, they were the ones most likely to discover his secret.

"Kye… I know just by looking that you're not the type to sit through detention quietly but let's try to endure this one without falling asleep kapeesh-"

Alex turned towards Kye expecting the brown haired boy to complain but froze as his words fell on nothing but empty air.

"That guy… He really didn't just ditch me did he?..."

A vein seemed to throb on Alex's forehead as he slowly face palmed.

When class ended, Bliss jumped out of her seat grabbing her books, and turning to the side...Only to see that the girl next to her was already heading out the door! "Wa-wait! Um--" Crap, I don't know her name! Bliss thought. "Icicle girl! Frosty!" She called after the girl, as she hurried after her. She really wanted to talk to the other girl, and possibly become best friens by the end of the night! Okay...Maybe she was shooting a bit too far, but still! Now that her roommies hadn't shown up, she was all alone, and she wasn't in any classes with her old friends. Speaking of friends--The guy! She whirled around on her heel, momentarily forgetting the girl and poked her head back into the room. Upon spotting the guy, she dashed up to him, smiling wide.
"Apple guy!" She said cheerfully.

Icicle girl? Frosty? Corrie sighed, knowing fully well that the voice behind her could only be calling at one person. She stopped walking, shifting to clutch her notebook in a subconsciously defensive position against her chest, and turned around to face Bliss. Only- she wasn't there anymore, she was back looking in the classroom. Tilting her head curiously, Corrie started to back up. Maybe she had left something in the class? She shrugged, leaning against the wall and pulling out her phone.

Alex's eyes widened at the sound of Bliss's voice. One moment he had been alone, face palming in frustration, and the next moment this blurry ball of energy appeared next to him, beaming openly at him. Apple guy? Of course she had to be talking to him, she must have figured out who tried to give her that apple earlier. He grinned in response. "Yo! So you knew it was me huh? Sorry that your apple disappeared halfway though." Alex took a shy glance at the teacher, who had her back turned to them and was erasing the blackboard. Now that Kye had disappeared, he was unwilling to sit through detention by himself, knowing for sure that it was gonna be ten times worse. He took a deep breath, and gave Bliss a dire look. "First of all let's not talk here, we got to get out of here!" He whispered to Bliss, rising out of his seat silently. When the teacher finds no one in the classroom rather than just him, she will definitely throw a fit. Alex smiled, he had never been a bad student outside of today, but what he was doing now was filling him with a sort of excitement? Both of his feet rose slightly off the ground and he walked on air, not making a noise, out of the classroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.