Oriens Academy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try a male character though. Or we can see if everyone else is okay with another girl. It's just that we have a very low boy to girl ratio right now.

@Aleth

Last edited by a moderator:
Merry Christmas everyone! ^^

Are applications still being accepted?

Yes, they are still being accepted. Keep in mind that we need more guy characters and read the rules (page 1) closely if you want your character approved.

Otherwise welcome!

@AMDreams There's some people who've signed up but still haven't posted yet. Should we give them a deadline to make a post so that we know that they didn't just abandon the rp? That would also even out the girl to guy ratio a bit.

According to the list of characters on the IC OP, there are 6 male students and 8 female. Rainbow has a pending CS for a male, making that 7:8. From my experience the absolute limit for male/female ratio is 2:1, meaning that one gender has two thirds of the total character number.

Another thing to note is that we have 3 teachers. Two male and one female, making the total ratio 8:9 (9:9 with rainbow's other male character). Then again, these are teachers, and therefore doesn't quite count.

Thanks for your time.
I think we could fit one extra female in, but it would put us at a critical ratio (2:1). After that we need some guys. Rainbow has a CS for a male on page 11, so that could potentially solve one problem.

Name: Kein Adams "Kye. I go by Kye. Got it?"
Age: 17 "Does it matter? I'm old enough to know how to obliterate you."
Role: Student "Idiotic mailman lost my teacher's application."
Race: Unknown (Half Human with Elemental traces (Mom), and half Vampire (dad)) "Never met my dad, nor do I care to."
Appearance: His blue eyes always seem to have a glowing tint that never fully comes out, and these eyes are generally found behind his messy brown hair. Born with pale skin, he grew up under the sun, and as such, the skin has grown tan. He's well built, standing at 6', and along his spine reside dark, twisting scars.
Powers/Abilities:
  • Elemental
    • Can control most elements, but prefers to dabble in the less known and harder to master ones. Namely, weather magic, electricity, and darkness. However, if he loses his temper, fire or ice get thrown into the mix, and things start to go... haywire. His control over this part of his magic is weak due to his inability to keep a completely clear mind and understand his body's natural energy flow, so he spends quite a bit of his time working on this aspect of his ability.
  • Mental
    • His mental ability consists of thought control, event prediction, object manipulation, and time bending.
      • Though his ability to look into thoughts comes most naturally to him, Kye knows better than to look into other people's thoughts around the school, and he respects people's privacy due to the fact that he has frequently had his own invaded. So, instead of indulging in that ability, he has merely sharpened his brain, honing his intelligence.
      • In his free time, he researches his precognition ability, but because of the immense time that it takes to develop, Kye has left it be -- for the most part. He still gets visions and gets frustrated when he can't call upon the whole picture (it only comes to him in bits and pieces), but he doesn't actively pursue them due to his past.
      • Out of all of his mental abilities, object manipulation is the most frequently used. He enjoys twisting the shapes of objects, combining them, throwing them without touching... Daily, he exercises his mind by using this particular ability generally by pulling pranks of some sort or another.
      • Time bending is perhaps the concept which has interested Kye the most; he constantly tests himself and constantly researches this ability. However, because this ability is technically illegal, he only has certain windows of time in which he can practice without being noticed. Due to this limitation, all that Kye has managed was going backwards ten minutes, and that left him in a near coma. On average, the most he can manage is five minutes, but generally, it's more around two or three minutes.
  • Fighting
    • If a fight comes straight at him, Kye knows how to fight, and he knows how to fight well. His weapon of choice are throwing knives. However, most times, he prefers to fight from the shadows, using his magic unseen. As such, most of his magical studies have been focused around their practical wartime applications.
Other: He has a dead twin. "I don't want to talk about it."

((May I add two more characters -- a guy and a girl? Or is there only room for the one? ))

Last edited by a moderator:
@Rainbowwave Accepted though I don't think he'd be a neko, seeing as "neko" means "cat". I usually take it to mean only cat-people.

@The_One I'll pm those people to see if people have dropped the rp or have just forgotten. Hopefully we will get prompt answers and act accordingly. If not, I will probably set a deadline, either one week in real life or one day in rp (I think it usually takes that long to rp one day in a roleplay. Though seeing how quick everyone is replying, I don't know.)

@Deviant Gentleman Thank you for your work. I'll take your advice into consideration once I see if the people who haven't posted yet are still in this.

@Saryta I'm not too sure about Kye. He seems overpowered but I may just be paranoid so I think I'll let others decide. My confidence in character judgement has fallen after certain events. But I definitely can't approve of precognition because it sort of controls the story too much, plus a lot of time things people can change their minds on what they want to happen and stuff.

I've posted the time skip, but I'll let @The Red Tazelwurm decide whether or not the headmaster is going to do a speech or something.

@Saryta I'm not too sure about Kye. He seems overpowered but I may just be paranoid so I think I'll let others decide. My confidence in character judgement has fallen after certain events. But I definitely can't approve of precognition because it sort of controls the story too much, plus a lot of time things people can change their minds on what they want to happen and stuff.

I've posted the time skip, but I'll let @The Red Tazelwurm decide whether or not the headmaster is going to do a speech or something.

Yeah, I'll totally make a post with the headmaster giving a welcome/warning speech for the students about yesterdays events.

I also think that Kye is extremely overpowered due to his elemental powers and mind powers. I really think he should be limited to basic powers or at least choose between the two.

Then, how about I scrap all of the mental stuff? I didn't mean to make him overpowered -- he isn't, not really; he hardly uses his abilities, and even then, he has very limited use of them -- but I'll scrap them nonetheless. (: Will that make him acceptable?

@Saryta Accepted. Thank you for being so cooperative and sorry for the inconvenience.

@The Red Tazelwurm I forwarded it to Wednesday, 3 days after the fight, to get rid of the standard new student things like figuring out how to navigate the campus (to an extent) and enrolling in classes. Also, this way hopefully any punishment given to Nalin would've been over by now.

@Saryta Accepted. Thank you for being so cooperative and sorry for the inconvenience.

@The Red Tazelwurm I forwarded it to Wednesday, 3 days after the fight, to get rid of the standard new student things like figuring out how to navigate the campus (to an extent) and enrolling in classes. Also, this way hopefully any punishment given to Nalin would've been over by now.

So the headmaster is not giving a speech...?

@AMDreams Not a problem. (: Now, shall I just read through the roleplay and jump in where I can?

@Saryta Now's a good a time as any to jump in. We just had a time skip after all. ^^

On another note, I'm really beginning to enjoy my character a bit too much in this setting... xD

Would it be reasonable for Kye to have not been at school the day before because it was the anniversary of his brother's death and he was visiting his brother's grave?

I guess so, but I don't think you need a reason to not be there. Not much has happened.

I'm sorry to say that I'm having some severe writer's block; for whatever reason, I'm not really meshing with this roleplay... So, I think I'm going to poof. Best of luck to you guys, and happy holidays.

Good luck with your block, 'cause that's the worst thing ever <3

Can we end the class? Or does that screw up timing and such?

@Rainbowwave @Saryta
That's sad to hear but thank you for telling me and not just disappearing. If you ever want to come back, you are always welcome. Unless it dies. Then you'd probably not be able to come back.

@RacingTheSunrise
Sure, I guess. I think it'd be a decision left between you and the others who were in class, but you're free to end it when you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.