Open Pandora's Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I see" Rune sighed realizing what Ku was going to say next sent a shock through his body this time line they weren't together his body was feeling weak he looked up at Ku hear her speak. "Your right we'll have to climb up stairs" his face had gotten serious. "Let's end this nightmare so we can awake from this dream and you can go back to your mate" Rune's heart felt like it was going to die from just saying that someone other then him had Ku and this Rune caused it. he begins to walk towards the door as his grip on his ax tighten and tears rolled down his face as he took his true from.

Kurureenu took the lead going up the steps, not seeing the tears rolling down Rune's face. She was too focused on holding in her own. Slowly, she had managed to rebuild her emotional walls since she and Rune. The ones she tore down for someone else. This time, she added a door. People may visit, no one may stay. The woman had always been hurt and grew up rough. Since coming to terms with her relationship that had ended and the details it entailed, she slowly started to come to terms with her own childhood. The reasons why she was who she was.

After a few flights, the woman stopped. She held on to the railing and bent over to catch her breath. "How the fuck... do tourists... do this shit?" she grumbled, looking up toward the top. "This is bull!"

Rune chuckles. "Wish me to carry you Ku? Or better yet why don't we take this thing called an elevator?" Rune pointed to a sign showing a person in a box going up

Kurureenu glanced at the sign then back toward Rune. "Fine... Ding our way up in an elevator where a huge ass dragon lives in the possible zone of where there may be a fire already at. It's a hazard. I'm better off flying my happy ass up there, but I'm afraid of heights!"

The woman blushed darkly, trudging forward a few more steps. "Let's just get up there already."

"Wait your afraid of heights?" Rune asked a bit amazed. "You know how many times you laughed at me cause I said the same" Rune laughed at her as then starts to walk up the stairs

"That was in the past. This present version... The me now. I'm afraid of heights. I got stuck in a tree once, I fell out of another tree, contemplated jumping off the bridge. No more heights for me," she muttered, her voice getting quieter as she continued to speak. "If I know it's sturdy, I'm fine with it. Questionable in structure and mentality, not so much."

She sighed irritably, still making her way up. "Is there anything else we'd like to touch on?"

"No Ku I think where good" Rune begins to make his way up the stairs as it begins to get hotter the higher they get as the stairway begins to smell of smoke and cooked octopus. "It smell awful up here"

Kurureenu choked on the air as the stench began to make its way to where they were at. She was glad that she wasn't wearing too much to begin with in terms of heat, her dress having slowly dried in the process of all this chaos. The woman tried to wave the smell away as she turned her attention back toward Rune momentarily.

"I told you that you wouldn't like calamari," she mumbled before turning her gaze up toward the large lookout. The top of it was torn out, leaving a mess of copper and other metals that built the statue. This was to aid in the dragon making it's nest, the box lying inside of it, nestled into a 'safe' place by the dragon.

"It's right there."

Rune looked up seeing the box as he started running up the rest of the stairs. "I have to close it" Rune took off the bandages on his hand seeing the weird marking on it. "This will close it as well as end my life" Rune felt the pain in his hand fire up as he heard a roar as he looks seeing the Red beast coming down as the wind from it beating it's wing causing the flames to rise higher. Rune smirked as he gets his ax ready. "I did say I wanted to fight you didn't I" he chuckled.

Kurureenu gasped as Rune suddenly ran past her, heading toward the box. She could only watch for a moment before the dragon appeared. Her gaze turned hard with determination as she proceeded up the stairs. After all, with Rune distracted by the dragon, she may be able to get the box.

"But I don't want to loose Rune again!" she thought. No... Her past self. The woman stopped short, her gaze falling across to the man fighting. In the past, he had no choice but to always fight. Fight for himself being the last of his kind, fight for Kurureenu being the last of her kind, fight because they were different and considered a threat to normal human beings. Now... This time, they had a choice. They were no longer the last of their kind. They're no longer bound to each other by the torturous twist of fate. This time... This time, there are choices. And, in this time, different choices were made.

"We're going to save Rune..." the woman decided. "So we have to get to the box before he does."

The dragon landed as it roared as his tail blocks there way to the box. Rune looks back at Ku and smirks. "Ku this reminds me of that earth dragon we once took down together" Rune then decided to takes his true from as he raises his hand with the weird marks on it. "This will close the box I'll get to it once this thing is dead" Rune lets out a battle cry as he charges in against the beast as it opens it's mouth and breaths fire at Rune as it's tail wraps around the box. Rune saw the fire coming as he smirks and swing his ax sending a dark wave at the flames causing an explosion

Kurureenu cursed when the tail flopped over and blocked her path, her attention going toward the dragon. "I'm having trouble recalling the earth dragon we fought," she responded, clicking her nails until a ball of light formed. "But I'm starting to recall my attacks a bit better." She reached a hand toward the ball of light, stretching it backward and aiming before releasing it like an arrow. "Shatter!" she called out as the arrow of light burst apart and toward the dragon as several arrows of light.

She knelt down and picked up her sword, praying. "Hoshinko... Please help me with this mission."

The dragon roars as the arrows hitting it causing it pain as it looks at Ku and swings it's tail at her as Rune looks back at Ku worried as he noticed his vision was getting blurry feeling something pulling on his soul. "Whats going on" Rune looks at the box. "I see he senses me" Rune shook his head as he charged at the dragon. *Give me back my body I have to save Ku* Rune stopped in his tracks hearing a voice in his head that wasn't his, but it was his. The beast saw Rune stop as it opens it's mouth and blows fire at Rune. "Not yet I still need to make my final moments count" Rune spoke as Rune's ax glows as the gem in the ax raised a dark wall protecting it's master from the flames

Kurureenu saw the tail coming at her, swinging her sword at the infernal thing in the process. She hopped back a few steps, preparing herself for another attack. Then the fire, aimed directly toward Rune. The woman gasped from the sight, thinking the worse. When the flames cleared up and Rune was protected by his own powers, she sighed. Why was she so relieved to see him okay? She shook her head, glaring toward the dragon now.

She was supposed to hate him.

"I am so done with this bullshit!" she hollered, her sword flashing as it reflected the light of the sun against it. She swung her sword, the weapon shooting out rays of light toward the dragon. Her body began to glow as her emotional state started to tremble away again. "I'm tired of this day, I'm tired of the panic, and I'm tired of this god damn dragon!" She raised her sword in the air, a quick flash of a symbol glimpsing through. "Starlight Shocker, bitch," she sneered out as the daytime sky flashed night and a strike of lighting struck down into her sword. The flesh of her hand instantly sizzled and began to burn as she lowered the blade at the dragon, releasing the lightening of stars at the creature.

Rune looked up seeing Ku's attack and smiled as he jumps to a safe distance as the Dragon roared seeing her attack it not having time to dodge it took the full attack as it roared in pain feeling it's scales burn. Rune watched in amazement as he then looked at the box and begins to walk over to the box. "So this is where your hiding"Rune sighed as his hand was burning more being close as he turns seeing just the bone of the beast. "Your as strong as ever Ku" Rune smiled warmly

Kurureenu watched the dragon fall from her attack. The light quickly diminished as she calmed down. "Right," she choked out roughly before her blade dropped from her hand and she fell to her knees. Quickly, the burning pain in her hand and arm became emminant, the skin boiled up into blisters and burning. She took in a shaky breath before turning her attention toward Rune.

"Don't do anything rash," she breathed out as she slowly stood back up. The woman swayed, her energy depleted once again from her attack. "Don't die, Rune."

Rune turns around looking at Ku as he walks over to her and warps his arms around her pulling her close to him. "This isn't my time anymore Ku it's the other Rune's and I'm not going to steal that from him" Rune tears up. "I'm happy I got to see you one last time Ku" Rune turns to normal as he leans down kissing Ku. "I'm going to go now I got to go punch that dam shark for going on ahead" Rune laughed a little while crying as he walks towards the box and places his hand in the mouth as the light from the box was sent back into it causing a shock-wave making the monster vanish and magic was being sealed again as Rune's ax rusted away as it fell to the ground Rune fell to his knees feeling the pain in his hand again as his eyes went dead as the box closed shut it released Rune causing his body to fall back.

He was right about it not being his time. It was partly not her time either, since her memories from the past broke free. Then again, she had been getting glimpses of the past for awhile. That's how she acutely remembered Hoshinko. When he kissed her, her past self... The one that came to love this Rune so much... She returned the kiss, tears building and falling. "Don't forget our children, Rune..." she reminded, her voice coming out cracked as he approached the box again and put his hand in it.

It happened so quickly... The look of pain, then nothing. The marks disappeared, the dragon and everything else was gone, and magic was sealed once again. Just like this had never happened. Kurureenu watched as Rune fell lifelessly and scrambled up and over toward him, quickly cradling his head in her arms.

"Rune... No, no... Rune. Are you there?" she whispered, sniffing and wiping at the tears on her face.

Rune coughs as he slowly opens his eyes seeing Ku seeing ku crying as he slowly raises a hand and whips the tears from her face. "Ku did I fuck up again?" he asked confused as he gowns in pain his body sore.

Kurureenu shook her head, backing away and wiping away her tears on her own. "I always cry at the saddest part of the movie," she muttered, pulling herself away from him. She stood back up, distancing herself now. "Do you... remember anything that happened, Rune?" she asked, curious as to how she should react toward him.

Status
Not open for further replies.