OOC Take me Somewhere Better

I like the character, but could you give me a fey creature? Like perhaps a nymph, or a selkie... a shapeshifter isn't considered a fey... unless you are a selkie.

Ah, sorry didn't realise :)
I'll have Sumatra be a Selkie then, she'll suit it me thinks.

Indeed you could! We need some more in the courts in order for the war to work. The Seelie Queen/King is not taken.

Name: King Milamber Dmitri Loklart Aestate.

Race: Royal Fey

Court: Seelie

Biography: Milamber Dmitri (known to those close to him as 'Dimka') has resided in Lysteria for the past six hundred and twenty-five years. It has been the home of his family have for as long as remembered. However, some argue that he should not be King, as it is the rightfully his twin brother's who ran away to become an outsider when he was just a century old. He has had to face many tests from his people to prove that he is an able leader who deserves the throne even if he was not the original heir.

Appearance: His once tall and regal frame is now slightly hunched and his hair, before shining golden in the sun, grizzled with the grey of age, deep wrinkles scarring his face and a voice that was deep and lulling as a flowing river repulsive with its grating rasp. Milamber's tarnished appearance shows the effect of the disease and this saddens and angers at the same time. This in turn causes him to become as harsh and sharp as the thirst caused by a summer drought, not his usual cheery self as summer is supposed to be. Even his eyes have not been left unchanged; their once bright amber are now a dull yellow, overshadowed by the disease that has begun to take its toll.

Ability: Nothing too fancy- it is all to do with the art of life; he can urge a seed to grow at a much faster rate than it should and if someone has recently died he can bring them back to the living, but needs to be recent so that the soul has not strayed too far away and the person must be willing to come back to the living. Because of his ability he believes in souls and has made it his job to research them.

Name: Alexhandr Ro Denthanor
Race: Draconic (Dragon anthromorph)
Court: Outsider

Biography: Hailing from the world of Draconic world of Drakur, Alexhandr was banished by his father, the king of Numinor (a great city-state on Drakur) for delving into the "dark arts" of necromancy (due to his inquisitive nature, Alexhandr became intrigued by such a form of magick, and befriended an old, exiled dark elf necromancer). With heavy heart, he entered the Shadow-Gate that was south of the great Drakurian capital of Numinor, walking for days in the blistering Lost Sands before ever reaching the Shadow-Gate. Turning his head at the guards behind him, sorrow in his soft heart, he entered, vowing to return one day to his planet and appease his father. Alexhandr however is by no means your stereotypical necromancer. He is a sweet, caring, benevolent, and curious spirit who seeks to bring a balance to the world he now resides. He is oblivious to many things, being an ignorant and innocent soul. Though he has a basic understanding of the magick of death, Alexei himself has never slain anyone, and his very young, sleek face fits his compassionate personality. Alex has accepted that many will judge him for what he practices, though he does not go about flaunting it. Alexei also has a hard time of opening up to others, yet due to his warm, sweet nature, he has the ability to open others up to him. This of course could be used for evil or selfish gains, but Alexei would not ever think about using someone for a personal gain. Nor does Alexhandr tell anyone of his heritage, for fear they will either not believe him or they will treat him differently. He does not act like royalty in the least, and is accepting of all races and tolerates their beliefs, albeit there are some he does not agree with by any means.
Appearance: 1288307499.archir_sprint.jpg Lean build, which is odd for a Draconis (they generally are much buffer creatures) and handsome, soft red eyes. 6'5", 156 lbs, and a long, three foot scaled tail. Alexhandr is quite alluring, although he would never use his looks against anyone, whether it be to seduce them or make them feel beneath him. He wears a black robe with a hood, steel toed boots, and a potion sash on the outside. Beneath his robe is a light leather tunic, a blue linen shirt, and a golden necklace in the shape of a dragon wing, given to him by his tender mother before she died when he was but four.

Ability: Alexhandr is a tinkerer, alchemist, and healer, as well as a necromancer. Although his skills in tinkering, alchemy, and healing are not that great, he does have a general know how of them and due to his benign and inquisitive nature, he will expand his knowledge. Being a necromancer now for a century, Alexhandr can raise two skeletons, banish weak undead, and magickally poison his blades or his allies blades and/or arrows. His skills will expand as the roleplay progresses, albeit slowly. He is also skilled with one-handed blades--he was allowed to keep the sword his father gave him--and can do alright in melee combat for a little while, but due to his abnormally fragile form and his merciful personality, he would not do well (or survive) for very long.

The sword he uses, which is always strapped to his sash:
Dragon sword.jpg

I'd love to accept your character bio, but we are no longer accepting outsiders. :/ It will not help the plot move forward.

Ah, that is fine. It shall remain if you change your mind. No hard feelings, friend. When I posted, I thought you were accepting. : )

Well I am accepting, but... we have a plethora of outsiders and only three in court characters. The war takes place inside the courts while the outsiders gradually move inward to nab the antidote from the Unseelie court. I'd love to see your character in action though, could you handle two characters? One outsider and one inside the courts?

I could, or, if you desire, I could have Alexhandr join one of the courts. Is this idea acceptable? Either he joined the court soon after he came to the land of Lysteria, or he joins one court during the roleplay?

That's a swell idea as well (: Hopefully we'll get more people interested, I'm not sure if I still have the interest of a few players.

Excellent, I am very glad you have accepted me and we have come to an agreement! *Bows* This shall be a swell roleplay, I can feel it. : )

I'm glad that you're feeling optimistic about it!~ Welcome to the Fey crew.

Does this form look okay?

Name: Nuvariin

Race: Phooka
Court: Unseelie

Biography: Nuvariiin was born to Nuvah and Rhiin, two phookas much like himself. It was in a hollow tree he was birthed, his father, Rhiin, protecting his mother from any potential attackers. Nuvah and Rhiin both combined their names, though they were simplified first, to create his own, which was the last mark they would have on the child, the last thing they would give him that said that he truly belonged to them and no other. This name was written and then burnt on his lower back as he squalled with misery and pain. To this day it still stands, white letters against black fur. His parents would soon leave him, about 6 years later, abandoned as the creature outside their humble abode caught the scent of a phooka child. Nothing was more delicious to this fearsome troll than a young phooka. When it tore apart their home, there was nothing for the parents to do but send the child upon it's way. Fiercely clever, Nuvah took Nuvariin in her horse mouth and galloped to a nearby river, leaving behind her mate to fend off the beast as best as he could. Nuvariin at this point was a small pup, pawing at the air. His mother shoved him upon a log and nosed the log onto the river where it floated and bobbed, safely carried by the gentle current. The troll had grasped Rhiin and thrust him in his own gaping maw, and killed the male phooka with a single bite. Nuvah had gone back for her mate, but she too was unable to do anything but irritate the beast with her hooves as the troll grabbed her too and swiftly ate her.

In this way, Nuvariin escaped from the troll, which tried to catch his scent and follow him, but was far too lumbering and far too slow to keep up with the quickly fading scent of a young phooka on water. Nuvariin didn't really understand what had happened, just that his parents whom he had lived with for several years were not with him now, and that he was on his own. The young phooka had already started to develop a carefree jesting attitude, but now he was solemn and uncertain, faced with the fluctuating instability that was his life. Perhaps it was fate, after several more years of pulling his log ashore and camping for a night or two, that led the log to get caught on those rocks, or perhaps it was by chance, but either way, the phooka ended up standing on his logs among the waters of an Asrai. She was a beautiful creature, her body slender and elegant, her eyes enchanting. She lured him in, called to him from the depths of a still watering hole. Any man would have leapt to her, unable to resist her beauty and suggestive gaze. But Nuvariin was a phooka, and instead of leaping to her from his log of safety, he let a smile splay across his fox-like face.
"You think of me so little,
My self control assumed brittle,
Me you wish to belittle,
And so it is I that preforms the acquittal.

"'Guilty as charged!' I shall cry,
'The end for you draws nigh!'
And with this, death shall I imply,
As your life goes suddenly awry,"
cried he, speaking in rhyme as best as a phooka knows how. With the cry of "Guilty as charged!" he leapt into the air, not a horse, not a goat, not a bull, and not a dog, but more of what seemed to be a lion. He didn't leap at her to go to the water with her forever, but rather to slay this beast that thought so little of him to entice him into her swampy depths. She however, dodged him, and when he had exhausted himself, took him ashore where she set his log and a few fish she caught. When he woke there was food in front of his dog face, and he quickly scarfed it down, his tail wagging all the while. For the next several years they were companions, she and he, until men came and hunted her down for her crimes. This set Nuvariin upon the run once more, this time not with the log he had grown to love, but on foot as an elegant Arabian horse at the age of eighteen. He would often stop travelers, speak with them, ask them riddles and questions and always put them on the wrong path. He was a mischievous brat, he was.

About this time he crossed into the territory of Lesteria, specifically the Seelie half of the country. The people were fairly friendly to the horse, but if he was the dog he quite often liked to be, he would quickly become endangered, as staying with the Asrai had severely damaged his reputation. Soon the dog people had looked for had been spotted with his name on his back, and it wasn't so easy to hide anymore. Suspicion arose it was a phooka responsible, and soon in all forms he was hunted and tracked. The Seelie finally banned him from their courts, and so he move into the Unseelie lands where he was more respected, even hailed by a precious few that congratulated him for doing in some of the Seelie people.

Appearance:
Horse form:[SPOILI]http://ctarabians.com/legacyhead2003new.jpg[/SPOILI]
Dog form: [spoili]http://www.caninest.com/images/black-dog.jpg[/spoili]
Bull form: [spoili]http://www.deviantart.com/download/81867767/Black_Bull_2_by_SalsolaStock.jpg[/spoili]
Goat form: [spoili]http://www.angrin.tlri.gov.tw/grin/cell-face/sp79-1a.jpg[/spoili]
Mysterious Lion-y form: [spoili]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJA5W4H4egdTrG3zs7fTtitIEQwjGYNulfEV7S4qdR_5HeD7PED-Js28iy[/spoili]
Ability: Nuvariin has the uncanny ability of a silvery tongue. He can be incredibly persuasive, as well as obnoxious, sneering and loud. He has a strange lion form that most other phooka's don't have, as well as the other rare forms, the dog and the bull.

Ahhh :D Good show. I absolutely love the lion. I'm glad you chose a phooka, I was hoping someone would. Welcome aboard. Be sure to be looking for the IC thread within the next few days.

Thank you. XD I like phookas, mostly because they're often depicted as clever, witty, but also painfully irritating. It seems I tend to play characters such as these strikingly well. |D I'll be eagerly awaiting the IC thread.

Hrm, we need more Seelie fey. What's wrong with the girly faeries people?!

I could potentially take on another character... I mean, I know I'm definitely capable of such. If I did, I wouldn't make anything like a nix or selkie, just warning you. I'd probably make a trow.

Go for it if you'd like :p Just no more outsiders please.