[ OOC ] ~ SUNNEPHEIA ~ The Sundered World

Well, I'm planning on posting in it tonight. If I can find inspiration, at least >.>

I'm on the same boat as you :(

I'm still here but my posting partners are elsewhere I guess :/ been almost a week and I'm Jonesing bad >,<

My wedding reception is today, and my family leave on Monday.

After that I shall return to my fortress of solitude.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll just leave this here. I might come back due to formatting issues, later. Oh pictures.

th_ReferenceLalehCharacter.jpg

Source

Name: Cassana Cali
Race: Human
Nationality: Pégulian (Formerly Kausteiran)

Appearance: Cassana has a petite, slender build. Her hair often remains tied up, as to not whip around in the cold wind. Most of her features resemble a typical human, with the exclusion of her dark hair and claw-like, pointed nails. Additionally, a rare grin would reveal that her incisors are much more pointed than a regular human's, hints of the Nocturne blood that lingers on her father's side of the family. Clothing consists of under-pieces such as the shirt shown above, which she used to be able to wear on their own when she lived in Kausteira, covered by a thick coat made of some sort of animal hide or wool. Most of these outer pieces come with hoods.

Personality: Her personality is constructed from a fundamental clash between a desire to be logical and a desire to follow her emotions. On the surface is a somewhat distant, quirky young lady, who tries not to take things too seriously, using sarcasm unless a situation is potentially deadly. She rarely fits the terms "kind" or "friendly," saving her empathy for those closest to her. Her upbringing has shown her that it would simply be better for her to spare the world of her intense, philosophical questioning, or her appreciation of music.

Skills:

Healing: Judged to be unfit for combat, her village instead assigned her to be the understudy of a healer, who taught her extensive information regarding herbs, spells, and other things used to treat people's injuries. Most of her healing involves magic.

Enchanting: Thanks to her instruction from the healer, she possesses the ability to enchant objects to protect them from the elements. She can also enchant weapons to make them stronger for a fight. However, she never got very far in learning these before she left, so she is not able to do anything near unraveling curses, or protecting anything larger than a hut against the cold.

Calculating: She often takes time to reflect upon past mistakes and learn from them instead of simply brushing them over. Further, she takes every opportunity available to consider potential consequences before making decisions.

Endurance: While she is not agile or strong, she does not tire very easily. She knows how to pace herself well, and can go somewhat long periods of time between meals if necessary.

Weaknesses:

Slow: Hitting the books and learning about plants was not exactly the best way of improving one's ability to run. She is often unable to flee in the case of sudden, unexpected danger. Further, her reflexes are not very quick, which makes close combat very difficult for her.

Physically Weak: For the same reason as above, she never really developed much physical strength. Lifting even slightly heavy things is quite difficult for her, so she is limited to wielding daggers, if any weapon at all. Even most other humans can overpower her in a close combat situation.

Indecisive: With few exceptions, she often does not take action as soon as she should. She will often be too wrapped up in her own thoughts and feelings on a matter to actually decide what she will do.

Aenigma Name: Cygna the Empath Whooper Swan
Aenigma Gender: Female

Aenigma Appearance: One should note, though, that she is twice as small as the average whooper swan. She has a silver sheen and an aura that is chocolate brown like Cassana's eyes.

th_TorgnyWhooperSwanImage.jpg

Source

Aenigma Personality: As an empathetic aenigma, Cygna is somewhat motherly. She tries very hard to give her lopos advice and comfort her when she senses that something is causing Cassana to hesitate. At other times, though, she does try to make jokes out of situations to cheer up her lopos. Like other empathic aenigmae, she tends to stay very close to her lopos, rarely interacting with other aenigmae, and sometimes showing hostility if she feels it necessary.

History: Cassana was born in a Kausteiran village that was obsessed with developing young people with combat related skills. Though in reality she was never all too far from the frozen lands of Pégulis, the northern edge of her childhood town touching the southern foot of the mountain range separating Kausteira from Pégulis, and the western end of the village running along a small section of the southeastern coast of Kaikias Lake, the culture of her village differed from Pégulis dramatically. Subjected to tests before being labeled as unsuited for combat, she never really fitted in with the other villagers. She preferred to remain inside and study her spell books or practice making medicines with her mentor. She spent several years learning from the village healer from when she was 11 until she turned 17. Since the village healer herself was a bit of an odd character, Cassana became further isolated from the rest of her peers, learning about old music and poetry in her free time against her parents' wishes.

When Cassana turned 17, a particularly dry, hot stretch of weather facilitated a fire that consumed her entire childhood home. Homeless and without her family or mentor, she fled for the mountains. Her travels lasted for several months before she finally found Barval. Nearly dead, some concerned citizens took her in. She explained her situation, swearing that she would not flee as long as they provided a place for her to stay. From that point on, she has worked as a healer in Barval.

Attachments

• 29092-laleh-dnum.jpg
    29092-laleh-dnum.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 147631d1264290015-sangsvan-whooper-swan-cygnus-cygnus-linne-1758-img_1338_d.jpg
    147631d1264290015-sangsvan-whooper-swan-cygnus-cygnus-linne-1758-img_1338_d.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 2
Heh. Thanksgiving swallowed me.

But also, for Kausteira, I'd like to not just start a 4th thread of action without any interaction between characters. Ideas / suggestions for Katua involved?

*emerges from a pile of gift boxes, buffet food and wedding invitations*

Right... back to the icy wilderness.

*Jumps for joy* "Yippyyyyy!!" 0,0' "I mean...erhem...welcome back! Hope it was tons of fun!" ^,^ "I misseded you horribly though!" *GLOMP and hugggzz!*

*tosses Lynzy in the ice lake*

Quill, can the Pegulis group start heading for the capital yet? Or do you want us to procrastinate more?

When is it gonna be Chapter 2 so my character can get some action :(

Oof, my question is whether I should've posted by now. If so, I guess I got an "entrance" to make.

Well it seems no one in my section is posting >.> Not sure what to do...

Has anyone seen Quill? Are we still doing this or....?

*lights a summoning candle*

HELLO EVERYONE!

Ohmigosh I am so scared and worried 8C

I have been in Bangkok visiting relatives and I do this every year and they ALWAYS have internet so I wasn't worried and then this year for some reason at some point they had logged off of their Wifi and couldn't connect anymore because they had forgotten the password which they had come up with like 9 years ago D: And they are sixty years old and they DIDN'T KNOW where an internet café was and I'm a teenager and not an adult and my parents were controlling my life and we went to all these temples and museums and flea markets and smoothie places and most of the time it was so crazy hot we could barely go outside anyways and I never found an internet café. That city is insane. It's like a two-dimensional Death Star. And there were NO signs in English. And my relatives just speak French and German, can only say very little in Thai, and all my family can say is put thai mai dai or something spelled like it which means I cannot speak Thai and my name is… which is a ridiculous noise in the back of the throat that you can only do right if your mouth is spread wide like in a smile… god it was terrible I was worried all the time, I imagined the thread being closed and sent to the archives and all my friends unfriending and hating me and the roleplay sinking like the Titanic into icy overgrown oblivion and abandoned horribleness D:

Now we've got back and it's literally like 2 am and I can't update anything right now because my eyes can't stay open but I will be updating EVERYTHING tomorrow and I'm going to make this the most aweosme roleplay ever and I'm so sorry to everyone for letting you down and NEXT TIME I will be staying at a HOTEL!

I love you all and I really want to continue this I swear and tomorrow it will all be as if this terrible absence never happened :C

Also omg that's terrible about the server … if that would happen to me after updates tomorrow I'd go totally insane ><

You didn't try hard enough, Quill. I hate you.

Yeah, put aside for a a.... smoothie and some sight-seeing...
thSilence.gif
oh the inhumanity of it all!
thNotagain.gif

ZMARAGDOS
• I need to update
• Lynnaiah and Katerina still need to post (Ichigo & Minah)

PÉGULIS
• I need to update
• good job posting everybody!!

KAUSTEIRA
• Katua and Dalius still need to post (Shavynel & Mejae)

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777