[ OOC ] ~ SUNNEPHEIA ~ The Sundered World

Name: Galain Medwick

Race: Human
Nationality: Pegulian

Appearance: Tall and under-nourished, from too much studying to the detriment of the body.

Personality: Eloquent and sharp-witted, Medwick believes full-heartedly in the Pegulian ideals of enlightenment, reason and Machiavellian politics. Like a true sage of the nation, his creed is that philosophy should come before faith, and that all citizens should be universally educated. The time has come for gods to step aside - a point driven home by the very fact that Pegulians have pulled themselves up by their own power, their own magic. The militant nationalism of Kausteria and the green religiosity of Zmaragdos are both foolish extremes to inhabit. Only in the pursuit of knowledge and the domination of man's baser nature can the shadow of the Cataclysm be overcome. By this ethos, though he is ready to believe in the Lost God Libras, his vote will always be for the enslavement of this creature, its exploitation - it's subjection to the uses of the mortal races.

Skills: As a sage of the Pegulian higher echelon, Medwick ranks among the most knowledgeable minds in Sunnepheia. He has dedicated his life to literacy, linguistics, history and the uncovering of lost relics. He keeps his mind sharp and practices daily the craft of human wisdom.
[Sagacity - 4 Wushu Points]

Medwick is a Class Three magic user, which in the fading lands of Pegulis is impressive nonetheless. He has often supported Pahkné and the Elder Wizards in their incantations, functioning as a conduit or resonator for their spell casting. His primary art is the formation of protection spells. Be they elemental wards, force cushions or wound sealants, he is adept at forming these barriers under the most stressful of conditions. His most frequent spells are stored in gemstones on the hilt of his sword, which can be activated by a sharp rap of the hilt against his breastplate.
[Shield Magic - 4 Wushu Points]

Medwick's swordmanship is average. He has trained with the city watch and does his duty as an alpha of the community to protect in times of danger. He is also experienced in the use of standard light and medium armour types.
[Soldiering - 3 Wushu Points]

As an archaeologist, working in the field alongside Shardis he has kept his mountaineering, rope-use and wilderness survival skills sharp. On their expeditions together this has often meant the difference between life and death. He is a competent man on any archaeological dig, and more than ready to scale the massive ice cliffs of the north.
[Mountaineering - 3 Wushu Points]

Weaknesses: A fall through a glacier at the age of 24 left Medwick with a weakened left knee. He cannot run for prolonged periods of time, and as a result his stamina has decreased over the years.
[Dexterity - 2 Wushu Points]

His prolific reading has also weakened his longvision, so he cannot discern the terrain as well as others.
[Longsight - 2 Wushu Points]

Mentally, he is arrogant, with a self-professed belief in the power of magic and reason. He will never doubt his spells. He will never accept that an enemy is incapable of reason. He will never yield to an emotional or divine answer to something, for to do so would be to violate his core principles. He believes that the Cataclysm was caused by primitivism, and so will make a stand against any irrationality.
[Rational Dogmatism - 2 Wushu Points]

Aenigma Name: Carval
Aenigma Gender: Male
Aenigma Appearance: Crow, as pictured above.
Aenigma Personality: Incredibly laconic. Very few have ever heard the crow talk. It is sinister and ominous, a staring, unnerving creature who hangs close to its master. It is an Advisor type, but has rarely offered anything but ambivalent eye-contact to Medwick.

Family: Medwick apprenticed alongside Shardis and was taught much of what he knows by Shardis's parents. He shares her respect for them and misses them dearly. He counts Shardis as a friend but is often patronizing to her, despite knowing that she is an equal match to his wit. Medwick has never let a romantic notion enter his head in her regard, and if anything he treats her more as a surrogate sister.

Looks like another Pegulian is needed (and one who actually trusts people).
Hehe, awesome :D

@Quill, want me to delete all the non-important posts between character sheets so that they're all lined up?
@,@ THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME! 8D Yesh! Thank you! Commence clacking of mod claws!! >8D Though if you can please keep the answers to questions there so the links in the FAQ don't die :3 Really appreciate it!

Also, to make code appear, just put [noparse][noparse] tags around it[/noparse].
Thanks a bunch! I was confused about that >< It's really awesome to have a staff member on board 8D

I haz bioed.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know why but I have seen your character's appearance picture before. Not sure where...

Long story.

*releases the Wikipedia monkeys*

they just show a demon, hun, I didn't see the character you have pictured there though

Question: how do you put a picture on the side of a paragraph? I just can't figure it out :/

[noparse] or [/noparse]

Is it me or is no one even posting in Kausteira? O.O

I know! I've been trying to contact other people but they're all busy with Thanksgiving and stuff :C I'll send out another wave of reminders, otherwise we'll just continue with 2-3 people, with a healthy dose of NPCs it will still be colorful and awesome 8D

Well, I'm planning on posting in it tonight. If I can find inspiration, at least >.>