Only Light in the Dark (Accepting)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna drop this here and run.

Name:
Ilo Ven
Group:
Pitched, Servant
Appearance:
candle_by_avine-d5ubmcz.jpg

Physical Description:
Ilo comes in at 5'4" with an androgynous frame (flat chest, less rounded hips, etc.) and a small but weak build. She is not a fighter, to say the least. She is very pale, with light skin, off-white hair, and grey-blue eyes. She wears the standard garb for a personal maid, though the Lady she serves prefers to dress her in suits rather than dresses.
Personality:
Quiet and cool, Ilo takes her work very seriously and keeps to herself for the most part. When she speaks, she is usually sarcastic and occasionally rude. She is intelligent and observant, and she cares very little about the politics of the Illuminated and the agenda of the Matches. Most of the other servants think she is a stuck up bitch, and she does her best to not care.
Background:
Practically born into serving, Ilo began helping her mother with her serving work as soon as she was able. She never knew her father and does not have any siblings, her entire childhood revolving around her mother and helping run the Terec estate. She learned early on how to be responsible and silent, the ideal servant. The estate, however, was quickly losing money, and was soon bought out by her current masters, Lord and Lady Murlot. As soon as Lady Murlot saw her, she adored Ilo's 'masculine-yet-female' look and took her to live with her in the main estate. At age 18, she became the Lady's personal maid, and has been so ever since.
Ilo sends letters back and forth to her mother, whom she misses dearly. She keeps the two years worth of writing in the chest at the foot of her bed.
Her aspiration is to become the Head Maid, not only for the salary increase, but also for the ability to bring her mother to the same estate. That being said, she knows very little of the world beyond the estates she has served at.

Abilities:
Being a personal servant, Ilo caters only to her Baroness and acts as her babysitter/assistant. She manages the Lady's schedule and follows her around throughout the day, making sure everything flows in an orderly manner. She is a skilled organizer and planner, and is well-read, considering she does most of her Lady's paperwork (letters, mostly). She knows enough
Other:
Nah.

I'll be gone until Saturday (trip to the States). See you later.

Alright, who has yet to finish their CSes so that I can keep tabs on you guys.

Oh Raven. Head shake of disappointment headed your way.

Alright, who has yet to finish their CSes so that I can keep tabs on you guys.

I'm still working on mine. Getting ready to move back into the dorms tomorrow so I may not be able to post anything at all until next weekend when I'm more used to my new schedule. (btw I am totally going to try responding for the fandomstuck rp sometime today. I don't wanna leave you hangin on something we already started :/ )

It's all good Inda, it's all good. We're not going to start until all you, first posters, have Cses up. And then I'm going to make a banner to see if we'll get more. And go, go type up fandomstuck first then start your CS :3

NOTICE: my computer has gone stupid so I will only be able to access Iwaku from school or from my phone. The IC thread might be post-poned, but I'll see how well I can deal with this on mobile. Not that the IC thread was ever going to get up (cough cough @Navi Jay @Indabayou @ravenDivinity cough cough) without CS's from people.

NOTICE: my computer has gone stupid so I will only be able to access Iwaku from school or from my phone. The IC thread might be post-poned, but I'll see how well I can deal with this on mobile. Not that the IC thread was ever going to get up (cough cough @Navi Jay @Indabayou @ravenDivinity cough cough) without CS's from people.

CS coming soon.

I hope y'all know I'm kidding about hurryingupyourcses I mean, you've all got a lot of time.

Okie doke. I still wanna get mine up ASAP tho cuz I don't know when I'll be able to get back on this week.

Relying on the chat to communicate is ridiculous. I rather enjoy ooc chatter; far easier to communicate at the same time. Hmm, I shall start off with @ing all of you to notify you of this development. Also, you should all talk more. @Indabayou @Naberius @ravenDivinity @Vietmyke @Navi Jay @Draeven @Fugue
So... Rp talk or random talk. Hmm. Let's have a discussion on... books? Yes, books. Harry Potter? Easy enough topic, I suppose.

Aw I didn't get a tag :(

Also never read the books but my son has all of them and I do intend too at some point. Are they better than movies to the degree friends of mine are saying?

I'm really bad at communicating in a chat/IM setting. Social phobia rears its ugly head.

I binge read all the Harry Potter books back in 8th grade in about a week. Loved them to bits. I've seen almost all the movies, except for the first part of the one that was split in half.

In terms of other books, I recently began The Art of War by Sun Tzu and finished A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess (one of my new favorites!)

(popping in real quick before my work shift!)

Also never read the books but my son has all of them and I do intend too at some point. Are they better than movies to the degree friends of mine are saying?
Yes, yes they are. There's a lot more room to develop stuff, and there are a lot of characters and subplots that the movies remove.

Also, it may just be that he sounds like a certain Dave Strider some of us know and love, but this guy on twitter did a running commentary of his first readthrough of the series and it is HILARIOUS. It has its own website now: http://mugglehustle.com/book-one/

Oh thanks, I already love his review! :D

I used to read the Harry Potter books often, but I haven't since the last one came out. I'm binging on oldschool science fiction (Heinlein and Niven all the way, baby) and Stephen Hunter books.

However, if you guys like fantasy, I HIGHLY reccomend the The Deed Of Paksenarrion trilogy by Elizabeth Moon. The trilogy is honestly the best fantasy series I have ever read, ever. It takes place in a medieval inspired setting - imagine Middle Earth, except with mercenary companies who are hired out by warlords to battle each other for land. Paksenarrion is one of these mercenaries (and she's also one of my favourite badass characters ever) and... well, to give anything else away would ruin the magic (DON'T READ THE BACK OF THE COVER BECAUSE SPOILERS).

They're great. Read them. Thank me later when you finish the last book, sit and contemplate for five minutes, and then pick the first book up again because you just don't want to leave the world.

One should note that they aren't really high fantasy, despite being classified as such. Magic rarely comes into play in the books; it exists, but isn't available to the average joe, and wizards are really expensive to hire.

(There are also two follow up books that take place post trilogy, but I haven't read them yet, so I can't comment on them)

Dammit, I knew I missed someone. Sorry.

Ah, another binge reader. Delightful. I'm reading Ransom Rigg's Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children series right now. After that, I've got to find 100 years of solitude and see if it's been translated.

I've been noticing I've been in a fantasy mood lately. By lately, I mean years. I rarely read modern books. But Rainbow Rowell and John Green are not too bad for reading cute, angsty teenage fluff.

Status
Not open for further replies.