Only Light in the Dark (Accepting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Lady Selina Katherine of Blaise Manor
Group:Illuminated by default.

Physical Description: Selina stands at a little over 5'2 and has a delicate body build with a little muscle tone from her various training and activities. She has a medium frame and more curves than most women would 'want' in her social standing and shapely legs; Long dark brown hair accentuates her olive, yet rather pale skin tone, that falls past her waist in natural curls. She always has a natural blush, sometimes to the point of red all the way down to her neck and a faint scar running down her cheek to her red stained lips.
Personality: Selina would be described as somewhat intense and passionate which is very unusual for a young lady of her ranking. She's very outspoken to pretty much everything in her life, seems to have intelligence that is beyond her years. Selina is emotional and the littlest thing affects her greatly either in a positive or negative way. Her stubbornness is what many would call her best and also worst quality for it gets her to her goals but she meets the heat of the ridicule of others. She often finds herself feeling insecure with herself in general being under constant scrutiny by the members of society.

Background: ((Background later))
Abilities: Thanks to her Governess that has been with her since childhood, Selina has been equipped with decent navigation, and tracking skills. Her father insisted on basic combat training for her own protection and fencing. Her role in Illuminated society is of the average socialite and also to marry and pass over her inheritance of Blaise farming land to her husband.
Other: Is allergic to carrots. (I enjoy putting random little bits in hehe)

So the GM said it be chill if I advertised this rp so here it goes;

Imagine in the very very far future, space travel was a reality. Galaxies of your wildest imagination are real and there are many different creatures of all shapes and sizes inhabiting them. You see an ad from your home planet asking for recruits for a private space exploration team upon The Vixen captained by the esteemed Auriana Belarus. Your mysterious employer only asks that you complete various missions in the timely manner in order to receive your payment for your services upon the ship. Are you an engineer? A commander who steers this vessel into the stars? The witty and eccentric cook who can turn anything from any planet into a maybe good meal? Are you a scientist wishing to see what lies in the darkness?

Its up to you.

https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/sailing-in-the-sky-sign-ups-and-ooc.92583/

Reactions: Indabayou
@MotherOfCthulhu you already know you're accepted but I'll make it official. Accepted!

@Fugue Just make sure you break your paragraphs in the IC Fugue! Accepted!

I tabbed all my paragraphs, but they didn't show up in the final post (!). I spaced them out for ease of reading.

I'm gonna be a little longer with my cs than I thought, I have some major revising to do :/

@fugue - or... something.. your name is really difficult.. lol. I was planning on making a grubby street kid/thief, but since you've made an older thief, would he be interested in an apprentice/protege?

I'm gonna be a little longer with my cs than I thought, I have some major revising to do :/
Take as long as you need! If you wanna know, all of you are farther than I am so if you can get it done before me, you're good! I'm serious, I'm playing three characters so you should have a lot of time to write your CSes. I'm notorious for slow typing.

@MotherOfCthulhu I forgot to mention this earlier but could you type in a physical description part of your CS? You got it up so quick that you didn't see my edit on the CS.

@fugue - or... something.. your name is really difficult.. lol. I was planning on making a grubby street kid/thief, but since you've made an older thief, would he be interested in an apprentice/protege?
Sure, that sounds cool! However, there's no rules stating that there can't be two thieves, so it'd probably be fine if your character was an equally accomplished thief (if you would prefer to do that).

There's no rule against it, but i find it unnecessary, there could be other roles to fill. But I'd prefer to play a thief protégé

Reactions: ƎUᎮUᖷ
So I don't think if it's just me but I can't even get into the chatzy (that I made XD)

I'm a bit backlogged, my character will be here soon~!

Guys, guys, take your time. Pretty sure everyone's backlogged. I chose such a busy time to start this RP and I totally understand.

So I don't think if it's just me but I can't even get into the chatzy (that I made XD)
I think it's cuz there's no password anymore? I tried going in with the password and it rejected me, then let me in after I took it out

that or server issues I guess

Okay. If you want to fix Chatzy, you need to remove the remembered password. The issue here is that your browser, if you opted to remember the chat's password, is auto-filling the password field for admin permissions now since the password lock was lifted from the chat. You have to open up the advanced settings when you try to join the chat and clear the admin password field. Then you can join as usual.

Name: Hart Eliwood
Group: Matches - Formerly Pitched

2enolsk.jpg

Physical Description:
Shorter than average, Hart has a lean and sinewy build, well suited to someone used to running and physical labor. His hair is a dirty blonde and disheveled, and his eyes are an icy blue. Hart for the most part wears common mundane clothing, usually a dark blue cloak over a plain set of work clothes, along with a well worn pair of leather boots and a warm scarf.

On his person, Hart carries a hooked dagger, a lockpicking set, a prybar that can be used as an improvised climbing tool, and a few homemade smoke bombs.

Personality:
Snarky and sarcastic, the young Hart is what some would consider a lovable rogue, and what others would consider a pesky abomination. A carefree smart-aleck, Hart is a fast paced, and energetic scamp fully loaded with an arsenal of terrible one liners, and a case of Robin Hood syndrome. Intuitive and highly perceptive, Hart is often very aware of his surroundings and can easily gauge the emotions of others. Clever, and quick on the ball, Hart is able to make snap judgements in on a moments notice. He seems to be sensitive in regards to his height, and has a short temper to match his short stature. Despite his roguish nature and lazy attitude, Hart still manages to keep a code of morals, with a strong, albeit occasionally misguided, feeling of right and wrong.

Background:
The oldest of four, Hart was the oldest son to a pair of Pitched Farmhands, working on one of the Lux Farms of the aristocratic Illuminated. As soon as he was able, Hart was pushed into service in the Lux Farm his parents worked at, as they struggled to meet the demands of their Illuminated task masters. Growing up, Hart became accustomed to hard work and harsh conditions. Working on the Lux Farms was difficult work, and the poverty stricken families on working farms were often short on food and other necessary supplies. As such, many members of the farm would often sneak out at night to steal or otherwise appropriate the necessary food and supplies for survival.

The families working on the Lux Farms often struggled to meet the quotas and demands of the Illuminated. One year, Hart's parents were singled out and blamed for the missing quota. Accused of stealing Lux Fruit from the farm, Hart's parents were summarily executed for their supposed crimes. Now the oldest of four orphans, Hart struggled to find a way to help himself and his siblings survive. Naturally, as street urchins, they resorted to thievery, and stealing for food. Thieving was generally not without its share of setbacks, Hart was occasionally caught, and several times came very close to getting his hands cut off by, but the big watery eyes of his youngest sister was generally enough to stop the orphans from suffering from any major repercussions.

Around the age of 15, Hart happened to be lucky/unlucky enough to attempt to rob a prominent thief in the city. Taking Hart and the other orphans under his wing, this master thief mentored him in the arts of trickery, in return for acting as a lookout, extra muscle, and whatever other role the thief could come up with, along with a promised cut of all of Hart's future earnings. Under the tutelage of this talented thief, Hart began learning the ins and outs of properly robbing people blind. From the all important pick pocketing, lock breaking, and sneaking around unnoticed, to the more refined arts of smooth talking, conning and acting. Hart learned the visceral nature of street fights- armed with a dagger, as well as how to slip a man's purse into his pocket while shaking his hand.

4 years later, at the age of 19, Hart along with his Mentor Garan have integrated themselves into the society of the Matches. Hart commonly assists Garan on his 'outings', while his siblings help out around the Matches base.

Abilities:
Talented, but not nearly as adept at thiefcraft as his mentor, Hart carries out work that Garan isn't paid enough to do. Hart usually spies for Garan, and serves as his lookout and mobile distraction when needed. Able to pick locks- or break them with his prybar, Hart is handy when extra physical force is needed. Activities of larcenous disposition come quite naturally to Hart, and his youthful appearance gives him an edge to his con arts. Hart often employs the use of homemade pepper bombs to blind or distract people.

Other:
His abilities are a little blander than I like... he's essentially a dimestore Garan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ƎUᎮUᖷ
I'll modify my CS to include Hart in there

Name:
Renae Harper Boffin
Group:
She is a Pitched and the leader of the Matches
Appearance:
wbzcao.jpg

Physical Description:
Renae stands at merely five feet, one inch with the average pale skin and blonde hair. She has long, deft fingers and her hands are probably her best feature. Pity they're scarred from various experiments involving acid, small explosions, and scraps of metal. She has very pointed features and always appears to be in sharp focus in addition to what she wears. She has some odd infatuation with hats and goggles and one, or both, will be on top of her head. Preferring darker attire, Renae's clothing choices don't seem to match her personality except for the fact that she wears pants (instead of the typical skirts and dresses) because they're much more practical. Though she isn't strong, she makes up for it by being agile and light on her feet.
Personality:
Most comfortable as the center of attention, Renae would go so far as to seek it out; she'd much rather the attention be positive, but she's not too picky when she receives the negative negative sort either. She thrives off of it but is perceived as rather narcissistic from her peers. Most of her attention seeking stems from her outspoken and opinionated calling out for what she wants. Many times her wants coincide with what others want for "good" and "equality." While that seems fun to her and all, she's more a fan of truth and justice. Her love is alchemistry and she will go off into a tangent about her latest experiment.
Background:
Born and raised as a middle-class Pitched, Renae's parents doted and gave her what they could afford. Regardless of that, they weren't that much of a presence in her life; they were much too busy working for the Lux producers. Without siblings and no formal caretaker, she had the freedom to pursue her own interests. Those interests tended to be what she thought would give her the most attention from her parents. When they didn't get her what she wanted, she found another one. Her life was a constant cycle of obsessive "passions" and dropping them as quickly as she found them until she was around eleven years old.

When Renae wandered into a laboratory in her trip for "Adventure!", she found it in-use by a Pitched alchemistrist. The older woman, weak and frail physically with a sharp tongue and cunning mind, showed her potions, explosions, and even the Lux she hadn't seen before. Renae was immediately enamored for no other reason than because she was amazed. From then on, she would visit the lab and learn how to become an alchemistrist. Years later, when she was an adult, she found the lab boarded up and the old woman gone. Gathering the remaining ingredients and equipment, she made her own makeshift alchemistry lab.

Because she wasn't a registered alchemistrist, Renae had worked in a variety of Lux related jobs. From Lux farming to producing, the disappearance of small amounts of Lux went unnoticed. It was when she began work as a cook in an Illuminated's manor that an idea came into her head. For hundreds of years, only the Illuminated could ever use the Lux and be in power. The Pitched were nothing but ants to be ruled over and left in the dark both literally and figuratively. She quit her job at the age of twenty-four and started the group known as the Matches. They were a ragtag bunch and it took a while for them to be figure out what they were going to do. A year later was the first successful Lux heist and giving out to the Pitched. Lux heists were conducted every several months and the Matches became known in select circles. Renae was surprised when they started taking in various strays, but thieves and orphans were hardly the most illegal thing happening in their headquarters.
Abilities:
Renae has enough leadership abilities to run the Matches without too much rule enforcement from her part. Charismatic enough to gather a group of people from both the Illuminated and the Pitched, she can talk her way out of (and into) most situations. Her interest in alchemistry turned from a hobby to her passion and she has become skilled in potion making and innovations.
Other:
She's fond of the nickname Robin Hood for the sole reason she has the same initials as the alias.

Status
Not open for further replies.