One Piece: The Black Moon Pirates

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
New people are always welcome!
Fill out a character sheet and let me know if you have any questions :)

Reactions: Jade
@GonzoB. Your wanted poster is done. Let me know if you see any mistakes or would like any changes :)

Wow man, great job!

The only thing I would even consider changing is his facial expression, maybe adding a smirk or grimace (He looks a little sorrowful. I could see him being either happy or pissed off, but not sad.)

But, it's up to you if you want to put any more effort into the image, I already love it!

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Falcon
All right, next time I do a quick links section update I'll give him a smirk or something :)

• Love
Name: Cassiopeia Fortblanc

Affiliation: The Outsiders

Bounty: 0

Position on Crew: Spy/Scout

Devil Fruit./Weapon of Choice:
Cassiopeia consumed the Hito Hito ; Model Gorgon. It is a Zoan type of fruit that allows her to make a hybrid transformation into a gorgon. Her face morphs into a hideous contorted monstrostiy while her legs morph together into the tail of a large snake. In full gorgon, Cassiopeia stands at 10 feet and is wider than two men.

✖In Gorgon form, Cassiopeia has corrosive saliva. She can alter the corrosive level but it is almost always in it's most corrosive state, which can burn through metal. The cobras in her hair share the same level of corrosiveness.

✖Cassiopeia's speed and strength was greatly enhanced since her consumption, now making it easier for her to dodge moves and giving her a stronger Snake Style Kung-Fu.

✖If burned or bruised, Cassiopeia can shed her skin within the next 30 minutes to clear the injuries, otherwise Cassiopeia will have to wait 24 hours in order to try and shed it again.

-Cassiopeia's saliva can be avoided by proper equipment/ Busoshoku haki.

-When Cassiopeia left Amazon Lily after she consumed her devil fruit, she used the little money she had left to study Northern Snake Style Kung-Fu for over seven years. Her body naturally took to the martial arts and it is her main form of combat, in human or cobra form.

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Species: Amazon

Appearance:
medusa.jpg

Eye Color and Shape: Cassiopeia's eyes resembles a snake's, they are slightly slanted and the iris is a thick line, rather than the average circle. Her sclera is black and the iris is white.

Complexion: Cassiopeia's human skin is flawless, it is as smooth as it looks and there is nothing on it to scar it's beauty. Though Cassiopeia would never admit it, the key to her healthy and unblemished skin is because she sheds her skin every month, clearing it of previous scars earned in battle.

Height and Weight: Cassiopeia stands at 7'3" and weighs 180 pounds. She used to weigh 160, before her hair was turned into cobras.

Other: After she consumed the fruit, Cassiopeia's long black hair turned into white egyptian cobras. They are usually dormant and from a distance, looks like dreaded hair. In their dormant form, they are unresponsive to familiar people's (whom Cassiopeia can see) touch and regular activities (such as Cassiopeia sleeping,etc) and feels like dried snake skin. But when touched (and only in Gorgon form) by someone Cassiopeia cannot see or doesn't like, the Cobra's activate and will bite whoever the offender is.

How Character Joined the Crew: [Planning on joining in RP]

Extras: -Cassiopeia has a white Egyptian python named Morla, who has two unique non combative abilities that can help Cassiopeia from time to time. She can perceive emotions via micro expressions and can see clearly from far away. (Up to 10 miles) Morla is capable of human speech.

-After eating her devil fruit, Cassiopeia changed a bit. She is more violent and ruthless than her former self and she experiences cannibalistic urges. She usually keeps it in check, but when no one is looking, Cassiopeia will often devour her fallen enemies.

Theme Song: :

Last edited by a moderator:
@Super for the most part I like your character. However the position of spy has already been claimed for the Black Moon crew (Lorcana was going to join them on the next island) and I prefer not to overlap skill sets. Scout is fine, you can be something else, or you may join Requiem's crew and be their spy. I'll leave the choice up to you :)

Also, I have some questions.
1. The scream. I'm having a hard time understanding how a scream relates to a snake devil fruit, Unless it is a non-fruit related trick she learned on Amazon Lily? please clarify :)

2. I'm afraid I also don't understand the snakes for hair or stinger thing either. That feels a bit more like a paramecia than a zoan. Zoan fruits are only a animal form, a human form, and a hybrid form (unless like Chopper she's somehow learned hybrid states between those). Snake hair doesn't fit, and snakes do not have stingers. As a paramecia fruit I can see those things being possible with some tweaking. :)

I have several suggestions for you that might help :) feel free to use them or do something different.
  • You may have the Cobra zoan fruit, but the qualities of the snake must be the qualities of the real life snake.

• You can invent some sort of paramecia fruit that allows her to have the snake hair/ scream (if the scream is fruit related)

• you can have a mythical lamia zoan fruit [spoili]
    1341146728_lamia.jpg

Lamia by Malcolm Brown
    [/spoili] but there would be no full snake form attached to that. You could, however, have the scream and tail stinger.
3. I would also like to know how the pet snake can sense lying? is it instinct? can the snake be wrong?
In an RP setting that could prove problematic as it requires the rest of us to inform you when our characters are lying, and to be honest, as the GM for plot reasons, I'm not going to. If I bring in an NPC and have them tell the characters something then I expect the characters to use their judgement on whether or not what was said was the truth and act according to that decision. Having the snake be able to tell them one way or another for sure takes away that choice.
Having the snake be sensitive to emotions is perfectly fine :)

Once those are cleared up we should be good :)

Apologies on the stingers.

Could I have her have Mythical; Medusa Zoan Fruit? I don't mind losing the full snake form or even partial transformations.

With Medusa, I could keep the hair and scream/change to gaze, right?

As for Morla- I understand if you don't want her to see deceit, but to answer your question anyway, she would do it by watching the person's facial expression (or micro-expression, to be more exact). She wouldn't necessarily be wrong, but she isn't guaranteed to be right. Like catching guilt on someones face, but she wouldn't know why they were guilty.

Ex: "I didn't leave the girl on the ship." The speaker may show a micro-expression of guilt on ship, which would make Morla believe he lied about where he put the girl. But the speaker could be feeling guilty about leaving the girl on the ship, maybe the ship was dangerous and he didn't want to leave her there? Some lies can be easy to guess, others have underlying meanings.

Medusa was a cursed woman and not an actual animal so I'm going to say no to a Zoan fruit like that, Especially since Oda himself went to great lengths not to.
But if you want to invent a Paramecia type that gives her Medusa type qualities then go for it :)

Since I'm guessing that what you really want is snake hair? you could go a more normal route and say she has a bunch of regular snakes for pets that like to act like her hair (weave themselves in to a wig/hat and sit on her head). She could have trained them to do different things for her, and they could be very protective.
Combine that with the Mero Mero no Mi and and you would essentially have a Medusa type character.
Or you could combine it with the cobra Zoan :)

Not to debate with you, but I'd like to clarify that Medusa, along with her sisters, were gorgons. Which are mythical creatures.

And if you are going with the non-traditional story of 'Cursed human Medusa' I could easily remedy the problem by having the fruit be Gorgon instead of Medusa. Which...would make more sense.

Medusa, according to the poet Ovid, was a beautiful maiden who was tricked in to Athena's temple where she was raped by Poseidon.
Athena in a fit of rage at having her temple desecrated (and being unable to punish Poseidon) cursed Medusa and turned her into a gorgon.

Other versions have her as the child of the ancient marine deities Phorcys and Ceto, making her a demigod and not, technically, a mythical creature.

Debatable, true, but my answer is still not as a zoan fruit.

Ah, excuse me as I prefer to edit my posts and not double post. So what you initially read may be different from what I have edited in.

Ovid's version was not the original story of Medusa and though the original has her as a 'demigod' she is still classified, along with her sisters, as gorgons.

And if you believe Gorgons are not fit to be mythical creatures, or better yet, Zoan mythical creatures, then I respectfully retract my application and wish you and this roleplay great adventures. Sorry for any inconvenience I have placed on you.

@Super - Sorry, I didn't realize you were editing stuff into your earlier posts. :)

The pet snake is fine if she's reading facial expressions. That leaves room for an exceptionally good liar or misinterpretation which was all I wanted to be sure of there :)

In answer to your Gorgon question:
The problem I'm having with this is that the Gorgons were three very specific beings in mythology, their names, appearances, abilities always tied together and nowhere else are those specific things seen in a single package. (Unlike dragons, for example, which have stories all over the world.) Aside from the fact that the two Gorgon sisters were supposed to be immortal (which I will not allow) Medusa also had some very specific traits not shared by her sisters. Even throughout literature these remain the same. They are characters of Greek mythology, not creatures.
I classify them the same way I would the Fates or the Muses.

That being said:
If I allow a gorgon fruit, and I am willing to consider it, I would first need to know what traits you ascribe to a Gorgon. :)

(My other reservation is the fact that Oda went out of his way not to make a Medusa style fruit, breaking the powers out between the Hancock sisters in the canon, and I feel the need to respect that.)

So, if there was such a thing as a gorgon fruit, how would you make it?

. . . going to bed now :)

I would have it be half woman-half snake. Immortality is obviously a no, but how about shedding skin? Like I mentioned in the app, would shedding skin to relieve burns and minor bruises be OK? It would keep her looking youthful and somewhat healthy in those aspects (no large wounds but burns can be relieved.).

As for abilities, there doesn't need to be anyone turning into stone. But I would love it if she did a full gargon transformation, she would be larger and wider and have a hideous appearance. It would drastically increase her strength, speed and rejuvenation and give access to her other abilities.

Does that sound plausible? Sorry, but I really really love gargons/horrifying women. It's....too cool >_<

• Love
So... Any idea where Ignition to Spitfire is? It's been quite a while since he posted something here or in the IC.

@Super
That sounds good ^.^ shed skin and all!

And now that I'm more fully awake It occurs to me that this might fall under Zoan's Hito Hito no Mi category (human human fruit)
Say the Hito Hito no Mi Model Gorgon? Kinda like Sengoku's Golden Buddha fruit. If you have a different name in mind go for it.

@Lusterless Nova
As far as I know Ignition's got RL stuff going on, but I did just send him a PM to check in. :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Lusterless Nova
Thanks for your patience. I edited everything (hopefully correctly).

Requiem do you mind me joining your crew?

• Thank You
Usually i would stay out of anyone's character, and i will bow to Falcon's judgment if he chooses to take things as they are, but is it just me or is Cassiopeia slightly overpowered?

@Lusterless Nova you do realize I'm female right? :P
. . . i will bow to Falcon's judgment if he chooses to take things as they are, . . .
@Super - few more tiny tweaks and then you should be good :)
  • The snake hair and corrosive saliva should be part of at least a hybrid form, even a minor one. It's perfectly fine if your character chooses to live in a hybrid form all the time, but when fully human those traits should go away.
  • Please clarify how the scream works, sensory overload? and put some kind of limit on its range. (People are affected within so many feet and it weakens the further away they are, people with earplug are not affected, those type of things etc.)
    Remember the character can grow stronger as the RP progresses so you should have room to grow in :)
  • Because it is a devil fruit the snakes should not have minds of their own, but be controlled by her on some level. Because it's a zoan fruit they should not be able to detach either. (I don't think you had the last bit in there but I wanted to clarify)
Thanks for working with me on this :)

@Requiem aside from the fact that you have a new cremate, or soon will, I'm putting you in charge of making sure the pet snake doesn't eat Coo :P

I took out the scream all together. I'm not trying to god-mode this guys I swear. I just wanna rp a hideous snake lady.

I never mentioned them being detached from her, but I changed it to where they do not have a mind of their own and the saliva only in Gargon form.

Status
Not open for further replies.