One Piece: An Odyssey

The sound of creaking footsteps on wooden floorboards woke him from slumber as footsteps grew in number. It likely was morning and though he wanted nothing more than to sleep all day after the exhausting, excruciating events of yesterday.

Slipping the arm draped over his shades, in the midst of waking up with a loud yawn and slipped out of the hammock before pushing on his back that let out an audible crack.'Hn, what I wouldn't give for a glass of whiskey.'His throat dry and voice cracking slightly; body still working on waking up, but it was too early to drink, that and he had a patient to tend to. Something of which he can't do while intoxicated, so instead worked on lighting some candles to lit the dark room. He lit only what he needed to illuminate the room well enough without making it too bright for his taste and took a moment to scan the office.

First noticing the turned over desk with papers and a few books scattered over the floor and wasn't looking forward to cleaning it up. Rubbing at his face before grabbing a nearby clipboard and pen. Muttering to himself as he walked over to Ai; finding the missing patient sleeping besides her bed, the sight making his eyebrow raised. The faint scritching from his writing something down on the paper.*subject with cuts and broken ribs shows sign of healing, due to the capability of escaping the bindings. Sleeps without troubles besides the more critically injured Ai. Diagnosis? - lovestruck.*Tapping the pen against the paper after he had finished, moments later the smell of breakfast reached his nose, causing his stomach to rumble.

Footsteps could be heard anew as he headed to the door and upon opening it, reached out to drag in one of the straggler crew members that Roma recruited."Gahh! huh? whach-'Silenced by The Doctor's pale hand covering the stunned male's mouth.'You do realize I have a patient trying to sleep? Now use what little brain you have there and learn to lower your voice.'His words reprimanding and harsh and received a rapid nod in answer since the hand still covered his mouth.'Good. Now, seeing how you're going to the dining room. I need for you to bring two plates here. One for me and the other for the resting patient...understand?'Now speaking in a calmer tone, removing his hand from the man's mouth."U-uh..y-yes. Sorry sir. I'll get the plates."The man spoke nervously, thinking it odd that such a scrawny, pale individual could terrify him so much that it sent chills to his very core and knew that The Doctor was someone who's bad side you did not want to get on.

Now with that taken care of; The Doctor headed back over to the sleeping duo and kicked the leg of Hayden's chair just enough to wake him.'Sleep well I hope? Best hurry if you want to get something to eat and I'll expect you back here. Since you like to leave without doctor's permission, I'll make sure to have you make up for it.'He spoke in a whisper with that toothy grin of his then moved around to the other side of the bed to check up over Ai's wounds to make sure the stitches and wounds were healing nicely.
Eyes popping open, Hayden stared at the Doctor before nodding. Slipping out of the chair, he slid Sin into one of the belt loops in the back of his pants before exiting the room. Having searched the ship the night before, he knew exactly where the kitchen was, and even if he didn't, all he had to do was follow the mass of scrambling pirates.

Callously shoving and punching people out of the way until he made it to the table, Hayden grumbled and glared at the food menacingly. Preparing a plate of food, he glared at Roma murderously before glaring at the stove. And the wall. And the floor. And the utensils.

Did I say he isn't a morning person?

'Fuck the Sun.' Hayden mumbled as he shuffled out of the room, punching one more person just for good measure. Returning back to the medical ward - yeah, he was gonna call it that and anyone who complained about it was gonna get punched - he sat back down in his seat before placing the plate of food on Ai's lap. Glaring at the mermaid, he 'gently' smacked her face.

"Wake the fuck up." He demanded, the same murderous glare on his face.

Eyes popping open, Hayden stared at the Doctor before nodding. Slipping out of the chair, he slid Sin into one of the belt loops in the back of his pants before exiting the room. Having searched the ship the night before, he knew exactly where the kitchen was, and even if he didn't, all he had to do was follow the mass of scrambling pirates.

Callously shoving and punching people out of the way until he made it to the table, Hayden grumbled and glared at the food menacingly. Preparing a plate of food, he glared at Roma murderously before glaring at the stove. And the wall. And the floor. And the utensils.

Did I say he isn't a morning person?

'Fuck the Sun.' Hayden mumbled as he shuffled out of the room, punching one more person just for good measure. Returning back to the medical ward - yeah, he was gonna call it that and anyone who complained about it was gonna get punched - he sat back down in his seat before placing the plate of food on Ai's lap. Glaring at the mermaid, he 'gently' smacked her face.

"Wake the fuck up." He demanded, the same murderous glare on his face.
To say that Ai had slept well would have seemed like a joke to her. A cruel one. Every four hours the mermaid had woken up in excruciating pain as the medications wore off and she consequently took more.

So, when Hayden smacked her, the mermaid jumped moments before the man would find the fork from the plate of food centimetres from his left eye.

Freezing her movements in time to keep herself from attempting to stab Baz, the mermaid realized just in time who had woken her and she took a shaky breath before glancing around, realizing that the rest of the crew was awake and her eyes slowly began to water. There was no way she would get more sleep with so many threats roaming around.

"The fuck did you wake me up for?"

To say that Ai had slept well would have seemed like a joke to her. A cruel one. Every four hours the mermaid had woken up in excruciating pain as the medications wore off and she consequently took more.

So, when Hayden smacked her, the mermaid jumped moments before the man would find the fork from the plate of food centimetres from his left eye.

Freezing her movements in time to keep herself from attempting to stab Baz, the mermaid realized just in time who had woken her and she took a shaky breath before glancing around, realizing that the rest of the crew was awake and her eyes slowly began to water. There was no way she would get more sleep with so many threats roaming around.

Awake I see. A good sign that you're healing well.'The Doctor mused, returning from picking up the papers only to smack hayden square in the face with the clipboard.' Visitors do not smack sleeping patients in my ward.'Speaking without looking at the man who clearly wasn't a morning person with that pissed off, disgruntled look on his face, though it didn't bother him in the least.' First thing's first and that's to eat. Need to get your strength.'He nodded while placing his hand on the healing leg; palm slightly cold as it rubbed gently over the stiches.

Within seconds, any pain she would be feeling would ebb away, far more effective than the pain pills she had been taking.'Let me know if it gets really bad and I'll do more sessions, but its rather tiring so I ask to not abuse it. Now eat and you..lay a hand on her again and I'll give you a real reason to be pissed.'He nodded, writing something down before moving over to his still flipped over desk to set it back up.

Awake I see. A good sign that you're healing well.'The Doctor mused, returning from picking up the papers only to smack hayden square in the face with the clipboard.' Visitors do not smack sleeping patients in my ward.'Speaking without looking at the man who clearly wasn't a morning person with that pissed off, disgruntled look on his face, though it didn't bother him in the least.' First thing's first and that's to eat. Need to get your strength.'He nodded while placing his hand on the healing leg; palm slightly cold as it rubbed gently over the stiches.

Within seconds, any pain she would be feeling would ebb away, far more effective than the pain pills she had been taking.'Let me know if it gets really bad and I'll do more sessions, but its rather tiring so I ask to not abuse it. Now eat and you..lay a hand on her again and I'll give you a real reason to be pissed.'He nodded, writing something down before moving over to his still flipped over desk to set it back up.
"So you can fucking eat, dipshi-" Hayden's words were cut off when the Doctor smacked him in the face with the clipboard. 'Did this bitch just...?'

"Doctor, it appears you're under the incorrect assumption. She owes you her life - not me. You patched me up on your own volition, and if you attempt to test me further, I'll cut this Goddamn ship in half." Hayden warned, having already mapped out the weakest parts of the ship and he already knew the correct trajectory to slash if he decided to cut the ship in two.

Slipping out of his seat, he glared at the Doctor calmly before exiting the room. He changed his mind. Ai was on her own. He wasn't dealing with this bullshit. She owed them - not him. He had much more important matters to tend to, and said matters didn't revolve around taking care of an apparently very fragile mermaid.

Turning a few corners, he paused when he saw a few of the pirates 'training'... Or what they called training. It was terrible. Did they really call that swordsmanship? And what kind of marksmen were they purporting to be?

Clenching his fists, he could feel his blood slowly begin to boil.

"Get off your sorry ass you pitiful piece of shit or else I'll cut off two more fingers!" Hayden ordered as a pirate with a bleeding hand quickly stood up, two of his fingers missing as he scrambled to recover his cutlass. He was right-handed, but said hand was tied behind his back and Hayden was forcing him to fight with his left. When he voiced his complaints to his sparring partner, the mercenary took action. Violently.

"S-Sir, yes sir!" The pirate stuttered out in affirmation and Hayden smirked as he began to pace back and forth, his hands clasped behind his back. Yes, yes, maybe he'd make decent warriors out of these pitiful piles of shit while he was on-board the ship. To the left side, he had pirates fighting against one another with their 'sword hands' tied behind their backs. After all, there was no point in using a sword if you weren't ambidextrous.

To the right, several men were knelt down with rifles in their hands, aiming down the sights. Their targets were several wooden planks that were swinging like pendulums. Though, it was hard to shoot accurately with a scalding cup of coffee balancing on your head. 'A true marksman can fire a rifle from any range with near perfect accuracy while absorbing any and all recoil, allowing for perfect and quick follow-up shots.', he had told them. And anyone that didn't properly absorb the recoil like he instructed would be in for hell.

"AAIIIIIIIIYEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

"Shut up, you worthless scum." Hayden demanded as the man rolled around on the ground, the coffee burning his face. "Resume your position." The pirate nevertheless headed the mercenary's words, not wanting to lose any fingers, or worse, like his friend. In an instant the coffee cup was replaced and set back on his head by one of pirates who had been ordered to stand off to the side.

"It's all in your form. To increase muscle mass while learning to ignore pain is essential." Hayden spoke calmly as he glanced over to the group who were lifting weights while standing on shards of broken glass. "At the pace all of you mongrels are progressing, I may just happen to make some worthwhile out of some of you. Maybe." The mercenary mused as he sat down and leaned back in his chair, observing the sight before him like a cold and merciless drill sergeant.

Being the captain had its perks, such as making your own lackies do the dishes after their own captain had gotten up at the crack of dawn and personally slaved over a hot stove to make them the food that would fuel them through the early morning. Not to mention it was hilarious to watch these burly seamen in pink aprons and yellow gloves as they washed the dirty dishes and scrubbed every surface of the kitchen. To say that they were disgruntled was an understatement, but they didn't complain since their captain was a surprisingly good cook, unlike the previous chef who over cooked everything.

Roma had been handling the helm in the mean time, steering the ship as his hands clutched the wooden wheel. Today had been another clear day with a few clouds sparse every now and again, a truly lovely day to be out at sea. It was a view that never got old; being surrounded by the endless blue that sparkled like jewels underneath the warm sun with the cool breeze blowing through hair. To have this view everyday was just another perk of being a pirate.

Around the corner he would see Hayden walking with a great huff towards a group of pirates that were training very poorly, poorly enough that Roma was going to go and give them a lesson that they would soon not forget. Though then he saw something that surprised him; Hayden was going to train these guys. This he knew he had to see. After Hayden set everything up, Roma just leaned back against the railing and watched this cruel and unusual training commence. These men were getting themselves hurt because of this training, but Roma didn't stop it, in fact he believed that this was a great way of training these men. If they made any mistakes then it was completely on them if they lose a finger or two. Besides The Doctor would just stitch any missing fingers back on anyway.

Laughing with great gusto, Roma walked down to Hayden's side with a wide grin spread along his face. "Well sarge, it looks like you're putting my men through hell. I like your style." From his pocket he took out his packet of cigarettes and lit one of them up with a plasma finger, placing it in between his lips. He took a huff and puffed out a cloud of smoke as he watched one of his men fall to his knees in exhaustion. "Get back on your feet! Are you a man? If this is enough to break you then go jump off the fucking ship like the scrub you are!" Roma scowled at the man who in turn scowled at him, but stood back up and went back to sparring against his opponent. He grinned again and folded his arms as he watched his men train hard. "That's it! Keep this up and you'll be fine men of the sea!"

"Captain, there's an island off in the distance. Do you wish to head towards it?" Hollered a pirate from the crow's nest.

"Aye! Set course towards the island! Maybe then I'll find myself a fucking navigator." Roma muttered the last part to himself.

"So you can fucking eat, dipshi-" Hayden's words were cut off when the Doctor smacked him in the face with the clipboard. 'Did this bitch just...?'

"Doctor, it appears you're under the incorrect assumption. She owes you her life - not me. You patched me up on your own volition, and if you attempt to test me further, I'll cut this Goddamn ship in half." Hayden warned, having already mapped out the weakest parts of the ship and he already knew the correct trajectory to slash if he decided to cut the ship in two.

Slipping out of his seat, he glared at the Doctor calmly before exiting the room. He changed his mind. Ai was on her own. He wasn't dealing with this bullshit. She owed them - not him. He had much more important matters to tend to, and said matters didn't revolve around taking care of an apparently very fragile mermaid.
'So you can fucking eat, dipshi-'

Ai's eyes widened as she saw the clipboard make contact with Baz' face and she winced slightly at the fact that even in her half-asleep state, she could tell that Baz was more pissed than she was.

Vying to just stay quiet, the mermaid sweatdropped when the merc mentioned her owing people. Technically she did owe him in a way. He could have easily saved himself a lot of time and trouble by just walking off after the fight with the bearfreaks.

Now that she thought about it, why did he help her in the first place?

Upon hearing the Doctor speak, Ai glanced down at the food, her tired mind gradually catching up once the pain in her leg lessened enough for her stomach to remember how hungry it was.

Quickly devouring the food, the brunette remained quiet, wondering when the Doctor would leave long enough for her to create a makeshift splint and get off this boat and all the potential threats on it... especially with Hayden planning on chopping it in two if he got any more pissed off, something that could happen at any moment with his mood.

Last edited by a moderator:
'So you can fucking eat, dipshi-'

Ai's eyes widened as she saw the clipboard make contact with Baz' face and she winced slightly at the fact that even in her half-asleep state, she could tell that Baz was more pissed than she was.

Vying to just stay quiet, the mermaid sweatdropped when the merc mentioned her owing people. Technically she did owe him in a way. He could have easily saved himself a lot of time and trouble by just walking off after the fight with the bearfreaks.

Now that she thought about it, why did he help her in the first place?

Upon hearing the Doctor speak, Ai glanced down at the food, her tired mind gradually catching up once the pain in her leg lessened enough for her stomach to remember how hungry it was.

Quickly devouring the food, the brunette remained quiet, wondering when the Doctor would leave long enough for her to create a makeshift splint and get off this boat and all the potential threats on it... especially with Hayden planning on chopping it in two if he got any more pissed off, something that could happen at any moment with his mood.

Seeing Hayden stamp off out of his office like a kid throwing a tantrum and couldnt' help but chuckle a bit at the man's threat.'I'm certain he's capable of doing it, but a smart move? not so much. Split the ship and he not only strands himself in the ocean, but will have a pissed off captain and android on his ass.'Shaking his head, amused at the thought.

Placing the clipboard down at his desk then gathered what he needed for the blood sample, though waited for Ai to finish her meal.' I'll have you transferred to a private room tomorrow. One of the further back ones so you can be away from all the noise.'Just as he mentioned noise, the sounds of painful screams, though a bit faint could be heard.

He sighed as he knew this would become the norm from here on and had to make sure to sound proof his room.'Enjoyed the meal I hope.' Before even attempting to use the needle, The doctor first worked on taking away anything sharp or items she might be able to use as a weapon out of her reach.'Just close your eyes and this will be over quick.'Recalling her warning from last night and tied her left arm down, rubbing a finger coated in the fluid over the underside of her.'So tell me. How exactly did you get such an injury? thats if you're willing to talk of course.'He placed the needle against a vein as he spoke and gently pushed it in, though she wouldn't even feel it as he did so and drew blood till the vial was halfway full.

Being the captain had its perks, such as making your own lackies do the dishes after their own captain had gotten up at the crack of dawn and personally slaved over a hot stove to make them the food that would fuel them through the early morning. Not to mention it was hilarious to watch these burly seamen in pink aprons and yellow gloves as they washed the dirty dishes and scrubbed every surface of the kitchen. To say that they were disgruntled was an understatement, but they didn't complain since their captain was a surprisingly good cook, unlike the previous chef who over cooked everything.

Roma had been handling the helm in the mean time, steering the ship as his hands clutched the wooden wheel. Today had been another clear day with a few clouds sparse every now and again, a truly lovely day to be out at sea. It was a view that never got old; being surrounded by the endless blue that sparkled like jewels underneath the warm sun with the cool breeze blowing through hair. To have this view everyday was just another perk of being a pirate.

Around the corner he would see Hayden walking with a great huff towards a group of pirates that were training very poorly, poorly enough that Roma was going to go and give them a lesson that they would soon not forget. Though then he saw something that surprised him; Hayden was going to train these guys. This he knew he had to see. After Hayden set everything up, Roma just leaned back against the railing and watched this cruel and unusual training commence. These men were getting themselves hurt because of this training, but Roma didn't stop it, in fact he believed that this was a great way of training these men. If they made any mistakes then it was completely on them if they lose a finger or two. Besides The Doctor would just stitch any missing fingers back on anyway.

Laughing with great gusto, Roma walked down to Hayden's side with a wide grin spread along his face. "Well sarge, it looks like you're putting my men through hell. I like your style." From his pocket he took out his packet of cigarettes and lit one of them up with a plasma finger, placing it in between his lips. He took a huff and puffed out a cloud of smoke as he watched one of his men fall to his knees in exhaustion. "Get back on your feet! Are you a man? If this is enough to break you then go jump off the fucking ship like the scrub you are!" Roma scowled at the man who in turn scowled at him, but stood back up and went back to sparring against his opponent. He grinned again and folded his arms as he watched his men train hard. "That's it! Keep this up and you'll be fine men of the sea!"

"Captain, there's an island off in the distance. Do you wish to head towards it?" Hollered a pirate from the crow's nest.

"Aye! Set course towards the island! Maybe then I'll find myself a fucking navigator." Roma muttered the last part to himself.
Glancing at Roma out of the corner of his eye, Hayden barely acknowledged the man's presence. This wasn't 'Hell' - no, it was merely a prelude. By the time Hayden was done with the group of sorry sods, the mercenary figured they'd be well-trained soldiers - as he intended them to be. Smirking quietly, he knew all too well that trainees will develop a connection to the person that trains them, and as such Hayden knew that, if the time ever came, he could easily flip the men's loyalty from Roma to himself.

'Tch, can't believe I'm stuck on a boat of idiots...' He sighed, his annoyance dribbling down to a mild headache. He needed to stop getting into such messes and return to the task at hand - the permanent disposal of his father. The trail he was following had gone cold, but his uncle told him of several of his father's hideouts. He doubted he'd find the man there, but at the very least perhaps he'd get a clue as to what his old man has been up to.

Glancing at Roma out of the corner of his eye, Hayden barely acknowledged the man's presence. This wasn't 'Hell' - no, it was merely a prelude. By the time Hayden was done with the group of sorry sods, the mercenary figured they'd be well-trained soldiers - as he intended them to be. Smirking quietly, he knew all too well that trainees will develop a connection to the person that trains them, and as such Hayden knew that, if the time ever came, he could easily flip the men's loyalty from Roma to himself.

'Tch, can't believe I'm stuck on a boat of idiots...' He sighed, his annoyance dribbling down to a mild headache. He needed to stop getting into such messes and return to the task at hand - the permanent disposal of his father. The trail he was following had gone cold, but his uncle told him of several of his father's hideouts. He doubted he'd find the man there, but at the very least perhaps he'd get a clue as to what his old man has been up to.
Roma shrugged at the cold shoulder he received from the swordsman, not truly caring if this man acknowledged his presence or not. He was training his men and that's what mattered although he wasn't stupid enough to think that this man didn't have any ulterior motives for training them. Whatever the case, as long as they were strong and able to take on at least mediocre marine grunts he didn't care if Hayden had plans as long as they didn't get in his way. "Good work, just don't raise a revolution." Roma turned and walked towards the mast of the ship. Climbing up the ropes he soon arrived at the crow's nest to where the pirate on the look out.

"Um, captain. Remember the island I was telling you about? There's something...strange there." The pirate passed the telescope to him.

Out of curiosity he help the telescope to his eye and saw something indeed strange; by the island there was a silver sphere the size of a ship floating by the port of the island. There were faded beams of colorful lights shooting from it in a spinning fashion. "Well ain't that some weird shit?" Roma commented on the interesting sight and handed the telescope back to the pirate, leaning against the railing. Something in his gut told him that today was going to be an extremely fun day.

Seeing Hayden stamp off out of his office like a kid throwing a tantrum and couldnt' help but chuckle a bit at the man's threat.'I'm certain he's capable of doing it, but a smart move? not so much. Split the ship and he not only strands himself in the ocean, but will have a pissed off captain and android on his ass.'Shaking his head, amused at the thought.

Placing the clipboard down at his desk then gathered what he needed for the blood sample, though waited for Ai to finish her meal.' I'll have you transferred to a private room tomorrow. One of the further back ones so you can be away from all the noise.'Just as he mentioned noise, the sounds of painful screams, though a bit faint could be heard.

He sighed as he knew this would become the norm from here on and had to make sure to sound proof his room.'Enjoyed the meal I hope.' Before even attempting to use the needle, The doctor first worked on taking away anything sharp or items she might be able to use as a weapon out of her reach.'Just close your eyes and this will be over quick.'Recalling her warning from last night and tied her left arm down, rubbing a finger coated in the fluid over the underside of her.'So tell me. How exactly did you get such an injury? thats if you're willing to talk of course.'He placed the needle against a vein as he spoke and gently pushed it in, though she wouldn't even feel it as he did so and drew blood till the vial was halfway full.
Watching the doctor, Ai took a shaky breath, deciding it would be best to keep her eyes on what the man was doing as he drew the blood from her arm.

'So tell me. How exactly did you get such an injury? thats if you're willing to talk of course.'

"Hayden got himself kidnapped by some bear-like people and I was bored. Decided to help out and one of the ones with a sticky grip crushed my... leg..."

Flinching slightly, the mermaid felt her fins ache in memory of the last time she was on an operating table as the doctor took his time taking her blood.

"He snuck up on me while I was reloading. I'm not terribly good on land, but I can shoot a new earring hole on a man from half a mile away."

Deciding to let any possible threat the man could take from that stand, Ai watched the doctor's features for any possible hint to what he was thinking.

"How long till I can walk? It's not that I don't trust you... you could have me unconscious right now if you were sending me back to a slaving ring or turning me in, but I don't know your captain or trust your crew. "

Watching the doctor, Ai took a shaky breath, deciding it would be best to keep her eyes on what the man was doing as he drew the blood from her arm.

'So tell me. How exactly did you get such an injury? thats if you're willing to talk of course.'

"Hayden got himself kidnapped by some bear-like people and I was bored. Decided to help out and one of the ones with a sticky grip crushed my... leg..."

Flinching slightly, the mermaid felt her fins ache in memory of the last time she was on an operating table as the doctor took his time taking her blood.

"He snuck up on me while I was reloading. I'm not terribly good on land, but I can shoot a new earring hole on a man from half a mile away."

Deciding to let any possible threat the man could take from that stand, Ai watched the doctor's features for any possible hint to what he was thinking.

"How long till I can walk? It's not that I don't trust you... you could have me unconscious right now if you were sending me back to a slaving ring or turning me in, but I don't know your captain or trust your crew. "

He had asked cause he was curious, that and it was a good way to distract her from the needle. His attention kept on the needle as she explained about what she and Hayden had been through before running into the two in the streets and was intrigued by the story. The doctor had a small smile, but otherwise showed no hint of what he thought as he pulled the needle from her arm.'All done.'Setting the vial down on a tray for the time being.

Ai's question followed next, though what she said afterwards made him laugh.' Worried about this crew? Well once you meet the captain, you'll understand and as for our shipwright. An android with the mind of a toddler who knows very little on the concepts of things.'Chuckling a bit more to himself, though the men Roma brought with him onto the ship were the more likely ones to be taken over by greed.'As for the..others. Those you would worry about if not for Hayden and me, for long as you're in my care no one will get near you.'He nodded, hoping this would help calm any of her worries and moved to check over her leg.'As to your question. Seeing that your leg is healing, around a month is my best guess since I have little info on mermaids. Course, walking will be a bit stiff for a week or so afterwards. Be thankful you didn't shatter your knees.' Done with inspecting the leg would take the food tray from her then pulled the blanket over her.'Now rest. That's what you need most, but I am impressed with that accuracy of yours. I think Roma would be as well.'Moving to check over the machines to make sure everything is in order.

The Decatur kept sailing towards the island, the ship kept bustling with life as the grunts kept up Hayden's brutal training while another half did their jobs to maintain the ship. Meanwhile not too far off from the Raconteur Pirates, another pirate ship was sailing towards the island with massive sphere floating by it. The ship was a dark green and for its figurehead the ship had a massive crocodile head with its mouth wide open, showing off its massive teeth with its red tongue hanging out. The yellow flag that fluttered above held the crew's jolly roger; a smiling crocodile with a chunk of meat hanging from its mouth. Only a fool wouldn't know that this ship belonged to one of the terror's of the East Blue; The Bayou Croc Pirates, a crew well known for their heinous acts and for their wild captain.

"NOW LISTEN NOW AND LISTEN GOOD! TODAY IS THE DAY THAT WE SMASH THOSE FUCKING BASTARDS INTO THE DUST!" Roared an obese, dark skinned man standing on a makeshift podium of cargo boxes with many men standing before him, cheering at this man's words. "THEY WILL UNDERSTAND OUR MIGHT! THEY WILL UNDERSTAND THAT WE ARE NOT TO BE CROSSED WITH! WE ARE THE TRUE MEN OF THE SEA! WE ARE STRONG, CAPABLE WARRIORS READY TO FIGHT AT A MOMENTS NOTICE! ARE YOU WITH ME MEN?!" The men cried out their war cries, holding up their blades and pistols that were held tightly in their fists to show that they were ready for combat. The obese man folded his arms and grinned widely as he relished in his crew's admiration, high spirits, and their loyalty that they exuded for their captain. The man pumped his fist into the air and yelled at the top of his lungs, "THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR! NOW GET TO YOUR STATIONS!" Dispersing, these men ran to man the ship as the man walked back to his trusty helm and steered the ship to the island for the final confrontation. That same wide grin that he had on his face for the speech was still plastered on his face until a man ran up to him.

"Captain, there's a ship that's caught between us and the enemy! What do you propose that we do?" Asked the man, who received a sharp glared from the man that was nearly seven feet tall and was as menacing as sea king.

The large man growled at the man and grabbed him by the cuff of his shirt. "What do you think dumbass? If their in our way they we'll just blow them up. Anyone who blocks my path is going to receive a face full of cannonball. Do I may myself clear?" He spoke vehemently towards him and made the smaller man turn as pale as a sheet of fine white cloth and nodded slowly. "Good." The smaller man was thrown by the obese man with great strength and flew across the ship, skidding on the wooden floor

Back on the Decatur the Raconteur Pirates were finally getting closer towards the island and the closer they got, the brighter that silver sphere seemed to get. It was shooting off rays of multiple colors that shone with ludicrous brightness and reflected off the surface of he ocean water, leaving trails of light dancing on the water. Even vibrations could be felt as they got near it and the faint sound of very funky disco music travelling the sea air.

Had you ever seen something so stupid that you just couldn't look away from it? This is that moment for Roma. Weirdness is not a stranger to him, heck his crew is filled with weirdos, but this was something completely different. It was the kind of stupid that just made him wonder why. That's it, just why. There were no words to describe what was going on through his head; it was just blank from utter awestruck that he hadn't felt before until now. "I don't think I will ever un-see this, ever." Roma commented to no one in particular. He sighed and turned around to see if there was anything new and oh boy was there ever something new. Off in the not too far off distance, the Bayou Croc Pirate Ship was behind them, cannons pointing at them. He quickly turned his head and saw the panels on the silver sphere open up to show cannons pointing in their direction as well.

"EVERYONE GET BATTLE STATIONS! WE'RE CAUGHT IN A SKIRMISH!" Roma yelled out as slid down a long piece of rope meant to climb up and down from the crow's nest. The next thing they know cannonballs flew over the ship, barely missing them. "IT"S STARTED!" Back at the helm, he began to steer the ship and get the hell away from this fight. The position they were in put them in the greatest disadvantage so it is peril that Roma is able to get them away from in between them so that they have a better chance of getting away.

He had asked cause he was curious, that and it was a good way to distract her from the needle. His attention kept on the needle as she explained about what she and Hayden had been through before running into the two in the streets and was intrigued by the story. The doctor had a small smile, but otherwise showed no hint of what he thought as he pulled the needle from her arm.'All done.'Setting the vial down on a tray for the time being.

Ai's question followed next, though what she said afterwards made him laugh.' Worried about this crew? Well once you meet the captain, you'll understand and as for our shipwright. An android with the mind of a toddler who knows very little on the concepts of things.'Chuckling a bit more to himself, though the men Roma brought with him onto the ship were the more likely ones to be taken over by greed.'As for the..others. Those you would worry about if not for Hayden and me, for long as you're in my care no one will get near you.'He nodded, hoping this would help calm any of her worries and moved to check over her leg.'As to your question. Seeing that your leg is healing, around a month is my best guess since I have little info on mermaids. Course, walking will be a bit stiff for a week or so afterwards. Be thankful you didn't shatter your knees.' Done with inspecting the leg would take the food tray from her then pulled the blanket over her.'Now rest. That's what you need most, but I am impressed with that accuracy of yours. I think Roma would be as well.'Moving to check over the machines to make sure everything is in order.
Rubbing her arm quietly, Ai listened to the doctor, trying to figure out just how she could trust a captain she had never met. And an android with the mind of a toddler? That sounded like a really bad day just waiting to happen.

As long as I don't wake up one morning thanks to a bucket of water... maybe he means a literal toddler....?

Mildly confused, the mermaid glared in irritation at the fact the man continued on the idea that she would be stuck like this for a month. At first she had hoped that he meant back to normal in a month.

Blinking, Ai's eyes could only widen in mild terror as she heard cannonfire, quite aware of the fact that the cannons were not being fired from the ship she was on.

"If we don't sink first..."

Rubbing her arm quietly, Ai listened to the doctor, trying to figure out just how she could trust a captain she had never met. And an android with the mind of a toddler? That sounded like a really bad day just waiting to happen.

As long as I don't wake up one morning thanks to a bucket of water... maybe he means a literal toddler....?

Mildly confused, the mermaid glared in irritation at the fact the man continued on the idea that she would be stuck like this for a month. At first she had hoped that he meant back to normal in a month.

Blinking, Ai's eyes could only widen in mild terror as she heard cannonfire, quite aware of the fact that the cannons were not being fired from the ship she was on.

"If we don't sink first..."

Seeing that everything was in working order and Ai taken care of, the doctor thought to begin his studies on the blood sample. That thought cut short by the sudden rocking of the ship; wood creaking loudly, muffled by the explosions of cannonballs striking against the ocean.'What is it now?!' He had hoped today would be calm and easygoing after yesterday and now this?

The rocking of the ship became more prominent as it was maneuvered to avoid cannon fire, while the tools and glass tubes clinked or clacked from all the shaking. The doctor looked up at the ceiling, a cannonball whizzing by just above as it seemed they barely dodged it.' Guess this was coming sooner or later.'They were pirates afterall. It wasn't uncommon to be attacked and felt he should go check things out, but knew he couldn't leave Ai here alone, defenseless. He grabbed her guns and headed to her.'I can trust you won't shoot me or Hayden. Anyone else and assume its the enemy until this dies down.'Pondering on whether it was a good idea or not to give her back her guns then handed them to her.

Now, with that taken care of; The Doctor left the office, made his way to the deck. There he would see cannonballs flying in the air and crewmembers scrambling everywhere, working to move the ship as fast as possible. To one side he saw the ship that held the jolly roger of a croc and to the other was a...was that a giant disco ball? Were his eyes deceiving him? If only that was true, but it was truly an honest to god disco ball firing at them and music could faintly be heard coming from it.' Already a weird start for today.'And he had a feeling it was only gonna get stranger.

Seeing that everything was in working order and Ai taken care of, the doctor thought to begin his studies on the blood sample. That thought cut short by the sudden rocking of the ship; wood creaking loudly, muffled by the explosions of cannonballs striking against the ocean.'What is it now?!' He had hoped today would be calm and easygoing after yesterday and now this?

The rocking of the ship became more prominent as it was maneuvered to avoid cannon fire, while the tools and glass tubes clinked or clacked from all the shaking. The doctor looked up at the ceiling, a cannonball whizzing by just above as it seemed they barely dodged it.' Guess this was coming sooner or later.'They were pirates afterall. It wasn't uncommon to be attacked and felt he should go check things out, but knew he couldn't leave Ai here alone, defenseless. He grabbed her guns and headed to her.'I can trust you won't shoot me or Hayden. Anyone else and assume its the enemy until this dies down.'Pondering on whether it was a good idea or not to give her back her guns then handed them to her.

Now, with that taken care of; The Doctor left the office, made his way to the deck. There he would see cannonballs flying in the air and crewmembers scrambling everywhere, working to move the ship as fast as possible. To one side he saw the ship that held the jolly roger of a croc and to the other was a...was that a giant disco ball? Were his eyes deceiving him? If only that was true, but it was truly an honest to god disco ball firing at them and music could faintly be heard coming from it.' Already a weird start for today.'And he had a feeling it was only gonna get stranger.
Eyes widening, Ai's hands instinctively reached for her weapons as the doctor handed them to her, only faintly hearing his words as he left and her hands expertly loaded her pistol. Setting the gun on the table next to her, the mermaid quickly began strapping deadly devices to her uninjured leg.

"Well, even if we sink, I'll have everything with me."

Grabbing the pistol off the table, the brunette decided it would be best to wait instead of going for her hairbrained plan to swim with one leg prematurely. Staying alert, she hummed quietly, ready to shoot the first thing to walk through the infirmary door.

`Oh joy.' Hayden thought apathetically at the sight of the enemy pirate ship and immediately everyone began to scramble. Sighing, he closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest.

"E-Eh?! W-We're under fire, why aren't you doing something?!" One concerned and aggravated crew member inquired and Hayden opened a single eye to glare at the man.

"Get down." Hayden ordered and the pirate blinked before ducking, narrowly avoiding a cannonball that whizzed over his head. "I'd suggest you find a cannon to fire, because your lack of spacial awareness will get you killed." The mercenary advised while closing his eye and the pirate ran off. Smirking, Hayden began to tap his foot on the floor, counting down from 100 as he did so. He knew it wouldn't be long before the enemy closed the gap to board them, and when they did, he decided he'd slaughter everyone.

What should've been a quiet day turned into an intense fight on the high seas. The bang of cannons, the whizzing of cannonballs flying through the air, and the yelling of men running around to man the cannons, swivels, and the sails so that they can try and get away. Yes, it was chaotic among the ship though despite the noise and mayhem, Roma wasn't put off by it. While his main concern was the safety of his crew and ship, he didn't let panic take over like an amateur who faced his first battle. While he was one his own in that small sail boat he had to fight pirate crews by himself and came out by the skin of his teeth. Now he was better equipped and had a crew ready to fight so he was confident that he would be able to face the world. Worry was the furthest thing from his mind. A toothy, fanged grin was spread along his face as he steered the ship with great exuberance, feeling a rush of adrenaline coursing through his veins.

Roma quickly turned the wheel, turning the ship sharply as it narrowly avoided flying balls of iron hitting its hull. As exciting as it was, he knew that any cannonball, a single cannonball, could sink them if it hit just the Decatur in the right place. Then they would most likely become Sea King food. Sprinting over to Roma, one of Roma's men came over to him, a tall, but relatively fat man panting heavily from all of the running around he had to do in such a short amount of time.

"C-Captain, t-th-they..." He swallowed some air and placed his hand over his stomach, almost ready to upchuck his breakfast and the other breakfast that he finished for a friend who didn't eat much. Beads of sweat ran down his head, plopping down to the floorboards in unusually copious amounts.

"Oi, speak with the tongue you were born with! What is it that you need to tell me?" Roma barked his order at him, glaring at him impatiently.

"Th--th-they're getting ready to board us!" The panic in his eyes couldn't be hidden. He wasn't sure how skilled his new captain was, but if it wasn't for he fact that their old captain made that stupid deal then he wouldn't be stuck with this newcomer.
That same devilish smile on his face grew back and he walked away from the helm. "I see. Take over for me will ya?" Roma pushed the fat man towards the helm, making him stumble clumsily and clung onto the rail by the wooden wheel to regain his balance.

"W-where are you going captain?" The fat pirated asked with uncertainty of what his captain would do. He heard of the recent rumor that Roma attacked a Celestial Dragon, but there's no way that it was true. No matter how crazy someone is they couldn't be crazy enough to attack a Celestial Dragon...right?

Roma turned his head and his eyes twinkled, which was more than likely an ominous omen that something bad was going to happen. "I'm just going to have some innocent fun. Nothing to be concerned about."

'I'm somehow more concerned than I was before." The pirate thought to himself.

By now all three ships were getting close enough that they would board each other very soon. Despite Roma's best efforts they couldn't escape, but not so secretly he enjoyed the idea of a challenge. "Alright you sons of bitches! Prepare yourselves!" The giant disco ball on its left flipped open one of its panels so that it would act as a plank to board the ship. Men in 80s disco clothing rushed out with sword and gun in hand, roaring their battle cry as disco music blasted in the background. The Bayou Crocs placed their planks and came charging towards them and some of them swung on ropes to attack from the air.

The ones that decided to swing on ropes to board the ship were met with lances of plasma lodged into their chests and fell like flies to their watery death. Roma had thrown multiple lances of searing hot spears of plasma at them with impressive precision and speed just before they could board the ship. Like the crazy fool he is Roma charged at the horde of pirates with plasma covering his body in mad bull rush and slammed through multiple pirates with ease, not only knocking the wind out of them, but breaking their bones with that one attack. "Is this all you bastards got?!" A pirate swung his sword towards Roma's head, but the man turned into plasma before reappearing behind him and rammed his elbow against the back of the guy's neck, getting a satisfyingly loud crack from it. "Tch, where's the boss of these slouches?"

It had been a great while since they had that encounter with the larger ship that could of destroyed them without a thought. Since then, Roy had endlessly worked on upgrades, newer cannons and projects which would be used for the ship. The normal man would of lost track of time, but Roy knew exactly how many days it had been since he left the confines of his room. It was now filled with different weapons and canons, some in their prototype stage and some already complete. However, Roy never had the time to actually install any of these weapons which would of been useful. In the middle of a project, the screaming of men, canons firing and other noises. Even from his fortified room, he could hear the sound of cannonballs narrowly missing them. He knew his assistance would be needed, but he had to complete the project. He only hoped they could hold out.

Roy exited his room, a massive wall of smoke emerging from the room and almost instantly filling up the hallway with smoke. Roy slammed the door shut, looking around the hallway as he took off a pair of work goggles. Roy was covered in black dust from head to toe. The only part left untouched was his eyes which were protected by his goggles. He turned on his infrared vision, seeing two ship full of men boarding onto their ship. His eyes let off a slight glint, quickly sprinting down the halls and zooming past the other crew mates as the dust slowly came off him. He kicked open the door, sending both crewmates and opposing pirates flying as a small dustcloud stirred up. A good amount of pirates turned their attention to the entrance, wondering who caused it. Much to their surprise, a partially covered android came walked out shaking the soot off his hair. He turned his head to the largest man on their ship. "First subject found" The man chuckled

"Subject?" With surprising speeds, Roy ran at the brute, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a strange glowing blue wire. He wrapped it around his fingers as he skipped over the brute, the wires moving to his will and wrapped around the brutes neck. They tightly squeezed around his neck as Roy landed before him. The man quickly dropped to his knees, trying to understand break free of the grip of what it seemed to be flimsy wire. Before he could do anything, Roy began to spin him around and knock away anyone who came near him, members of both crews being sent into the water. The man, now spinning like a helicopter rotor, was sent flying into the horizon and became a sparkle in the sky "Hmm, it seems to react to my thoughts as I wanted. I shall save this for later" The wire withdrew into his pocket as many men jumped on top of him from all sides. Roy jumped high up into the air, many of the men flying back into the waters. Roy landed on one of the poles above, looking out for comrades or the most powerful opponent.

Sounds could be heard from all over. Screams and shouts muffled by by the exploding cannons launching chunks of iron that whizzed past the three ships as most missed, though a few grazed parts of the mast or railings. Every impact of the cannon sent out a shower of water or splintered wood as The doctor stood near the center of the deck, giving him a good view of everything going on while pirates of varying age and body size bustled about, who reeked of either booze or sweat and some both.

Fights had broken out all over the deck with the enemy crews boarded their ship. His captain barreling into them like a rampaging rhino, the man certainly had the intelligence of one and the android spinning around to send enemies flying before leaping up into the air.

So much was going on and he simply stood there with his hands in his pockets; watching the battles as one enjoying a show. He was thinking that he might just head back to his lab and let the rest of the crew take care of things, seeing that they were handling things so well. That plant, however, was cut short with the multiple pirates surrounding him."Look at this fellas. There's an albino pretending to be a pirate."The man's tone, mocking as all of them broke out into laughter as they wielded metal poles or shoddy swords that looked as if they would break by the slightest strike.'Pirate? oh no. I'm merely the crew's doctor. I'm harmless, so if its fine with you guys. I'll get out of the way and each of you can be on your way..what do you say?'He gave a small smile as his words sounded like a plea to let him go, but the man showed no speck of fear.

The one from before stepped forward, holding up his sword till the tip was inches from The Doctor's nose."The crew's doctor aye? We could let ya go, but what would the others think if we gon and let an albino off? How do you think it makes me look?"Placing his palm against his chest as he said that; without warning swiped his sword, which pushed the doctor's head to the side. Blood dripped from the gash left on his pale cheek as the pirates continued with mocking laughter."Aye, bet that one hurt. Now take them hands from your pockets. Be a good little boy and we'll let you go with a light beating."The pirate cackled, spittle shooting from his mouth of rotten teeth and rancid breath. Lifting his head back up, a calm look on his face still.'My pockets? are you sure?'Raising a brow, his question annoying the man who thrust the sword forward till the tip pressed against his nose."Out with them, can't be sure you not be hidin any weapons."Again the man ordered as he simply shrugged and pulled his hands from his pockets."That's a good lad. Now show us what ya be hidin."A wide smirk on the man's face, clearly enjoying bullying someone so pitifully weak and The Doctor complied, raising his hands to show metallic yo-yo's held in each hand.

At the sight of them, the men surrounded him were laughing at the top of their lungs, some keeling over to grip their chest. Faces were beet red from laughing so hard."Not only a coward, but daft at that!"The man no longer held the sword to his face as he was laughing too much at the thought of anyone coming onto a pirate ship, armed only with yo-yo's."Ya must be a dumbass. Wha reason could ya have for walkin round with them little toys?"He was astounded, yet curious as to why this man walked around with yo-yo's in his pockets.

Even with the mocking laughter and threats; The Doctor still kept a calm, straight face and even had a small smile. He was amused as well and at the man's question would flick his right hand to have the yo-yo spin down.'Why indeed. These toys are simple things that are easy to carry around and can be used by anyone.'Nodding while pulling it up with another flick of the yo-yo while the men watched him curiously.'Did you also know that they can be customized in many ways or have countless other uses? Most underestimate the versatility of something so simple.'He kept flicking the yo-yo up and down as he spoke while the man before him rested his sword against his shoulder."Do they now? and what be these uses for them little trinket's?"He thought that they might as well enjoy a little show before killing him.

The Doctor's smile widen into a toothy grin at hearing the pirate's crude words and pulled up the yo-yo to his hand.'Let me show you a trick so amazing that it'll leave you on the floor stunned.'Bobbing his right hand up and down a flew times then flicked it upward to have the yo-yo shoot up into the air and remain suspended as it kept spinning. This left the group in awe as gasps could be heard and with a tug on the string it came back down to his hand. The moment it reached his fingers, reeled back the arm.'Hey..say cheese.'He said to the pirate who's mouth stood agape in awe, but a look of confusion on his face. The next instant, the yo-yo whizzed forward at the pirate's face, to smash into his open mouth and the sound of teeth cracking could be heard.

Upon impact, the man's head reeled back before falling to the floorboards with a wooden creak. The yo-yo was pulled from his mouth to show nearly all of his teeth were broken or missing and blood spilling from both his nose and lips."GAAAAh!!!! mah bose!! yuh bathar...."Everyone watched the man clutch his mouth while rolling in pain as the toy whisked back into The Doctor's waiting hand where they could see that eerie grin of his.'Ta-da! Who else wants to see a trick.'Flicking the right arm forward as one of the man's broken tooth flew off the yo-yo, dripping blood as it landed near the closet of the group's feet.

Ai heard the yells first. Sounds of mens' footsteps thudding across the deck as they boarded the ship. Well, they were certainly under attack now, and if the mermaid knew one thing for certain... it was that she would rather stick with the crew who sewed her back together rather than one that was firing at them.

The sound of fighting escaped through the cracks in floorboards and doors as the brunette quickly glanced around her, deciding that sitting where she was would be a sure-fire way to be not only spotted but subdued. Sure she could get one shot off if needed, but it took time to reload... time she didn't want to risk.

Pushing herself up into a sitting position, the mermaid slipped her uninjured leg from the bed before ignoring the aching in her ribs as she shifted her weight off of the bed. Grateful that the doctor had placed her other leg in a cast, Ai kept the barrel of her pistol aimed at the door while hobbling on one leg till she could lean on a support beam in the lab.

Glancing down at her feet, Ai sucked in a deep breath before she walked behind a cabinet for cover just as a burly figure came thudding down the steps.

Blinking her vision clear from the blinding pain, Ai turned and fired the pistol from behind the cabinet moments before the satisfying thud of the man falling with a bullet hole between his eyes met her ears.

Ducking back behind the cabinet, the mermaid heard the footsteps of another man slow as he saw his comrade on the floor just inside the doorway to the lab. Glancing up warily, the newcomer shifted his grip on his sword before ducking into the room, looking for any signs of movement as Ai silently reloaded the pistol.

"Yer ship is done for. Come outta hidin' I know you're in here. Maxie couldn'ta been 'en paces in front o' me."

Walking slowly, the man sneered at the sight of the beds, a hint of amusement creeping across his features as he realized that the beds had been recently used.

"If ye come out nice 'an slow I won' have to hurt ye more than ye are already."

Turning slowly, he took in the room in an attempt to figure out where the patient was hiding and his eyes spotted the cabinet, perfect cover for someone decidedly smaller in frame than 'Maxie'.

Clicking the pistol closed, Ai's face paled as a hand clamped over her mouth, in turn pushing her against the cabinet her back had been against as another hand grasped the barrel of the pistol in her hand.

"Well 'ook what I got 'ere, what a pretty fish."

Glaring daggers at the man, Ai locked eyes with him before biting his hand as her free hand grabbed Hook from the sheathe on her uninjured leg and she deftly slipped it between the man's ribs, pulling it out again as his eyes widened and the grip holding her lessened while life-blood poured from the man's chest.

"What a stinking pig."

Twisting the gun out of his grasp, the mermaid sent a bullet up through the man's head before using her arms to realign herself so she would have full view of the doorway.

Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, Ai leaned her head against the wall as she didn't even attempt to move the dead body on top of her. At least she had her arms free, which she quickly used to reload the gun.