One Piece: An Odyssey

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The two of them had finally left the Gentleman's ship and had returned to the Decatur. It was...an interesting turn of events. Of all of the events that had shocked Roma the most was when the Doctor knew that scalpel at the table and had an air of menace that few living beings could ever have. For the first time since he had known him, he thought The Doctor was truly going to let go of his composure and go Jack The Ripper on The Gentleman. Roma had never felt his spine get set such a chill before. The Doctor...there was no other man that he made him feel fear like this before as well as an overwhelming respect for him and his skills. This was a fear that only The Doctor and him alone could ever stir deep in Roma's soul and perhaps that was another reason why Roma felt great respect for him. Even in the face of a Celestial Dragon, knowing the consequences of attacking one, he still held no fear, but this man had something that made even the bravest souls quiver with his mere presence.

Many of the crew who were awoken by The Gentleman rushed towards them, bombarding their captain with questions such as what happened, what did they want, who were they, and so on. Roma felt his head pulse just from having to deal with the stressful situation from before and then this. "Shut up! I can't think with you all asking at once!" He yelled at his underlings, which caused them to silence. "Now then, for now the ship's captain and I had both reach an agreement of not fighting this night though be wary!" Roma pointed up at The Gentleman's jolly roger with his left hand. "The next time we see them they are our enemies so when that day comes, fight! Now get some sleep. We have a long day tomorrow."

As the rest of the crew dispersed, Roma turned to look at The Doctor and spoke calmly to him. "Doc I won't pry into your past if you don't want me to. Just know that I am open if you want to talk about it. Just get some sleep and please, don't ponder on this event too much otherwise you won't get any sleep. Night." After saying that Roma walked away from him just so The Doctor can get some sleep.

The moment the two had made their way back onto the Decatur, were surrounded by curious and confused crewmembers who bombarded them with endless questions. Their endless prattling made his body twitch as though he had a calm, blank expression, inside he was absolutely livid. Grating his teeth, doing everything he could to losing his composure and was thankful to his captain's shouting for once, that brought on the blissful quiet.

Seeing them disperse and was ready to go, but Roma's words held his attention and turned his head slightly in his direction for a brief moment. He slipped his hands in his pockets; hiding how much they were shaking.'.....Good night.'Was all he said before heading off to his office/lab where he would lock the door behind him, thankful to finally be alone.

This day had been a long succession of annoyance and stupidity that had pushed him to the very limits of his tolerance. Walking towards his desk and upon inspecting the room, noticed that Hayden was gone; shaky hands placed on the desk while his body trembled like a ticking time bomb.' After working tirelessly to save his friend...patched him up and he has the fucking decency to just wander off.' Clenching his hands tightly into fists as a wide, creepy grin formed on his face, recalling all that had happened to him today. With having to babysit an adult with the imbecilic mind of a toddler, disrespected by some unknown asshole who desperately needed a doctor and a brash captain who never thinks about his actions. A man who would likely end up getting himself and his crew killed if he kept acting without thinking.

Oh but the sweet cherry on top of this absolutely horrid day? To meet The Gentleman of all people, who not only toyed with them, but had the sheer nerve to tell that story, something of which only reminded him of his past. A past he wanted to put behind him and forget it and out of nowhere that obnoxious prick drudged it up from the muck and mire. To add to it, he went and assume that he...he! had ever even a speck of an easy life.

All day he was used and toyed with, his body trembling even more as he was filled with nothing but rage. Who wanted nothing more to unleash his wrath on all of them, every last single one of them. His crooked smile widen that, in the dim light, gave him a very frightening appearance and at that moment he started to laugh, barely perceptible at first that gradually grew in tantrum till it echoed all across the room, the laughter of madness.

Throwing his head back as he continued to laugh, his right hand gripping his face and for a moment the calm, collected individual that he pretended to be was gone. His true self struggling to break through the surface of his mind, fighting to eat away at any sanity left him, but would not submit as he slammed his fist on the table. The terrifying laughter slowly died, replaced once more by the silence and heavy breathing, sweat glistened on his pale face, gritting his teeth.' Just...wait...I'll make you all pay. Every goddamn last one of you.'Shaking his head before, in the last fit of his rage flipped the desk and let out a bellowing shout of pure hatred.

"Well, someone's had a shit day." Hayden spoke to himself as he leaned against the wall beside the door outside of the Doctor's lab. He was on his way back to his 'bed' when he saw the Doctor walk in and he heard the lock click. Initially he thought he that the man was up to something shady in regards to Ai, but the muffled bits of maniacal laughter and prattling told him just the opposite.

Sliding down to the floor, he leaned against the wall as he closed his eyes. In his mind was a picture perfect diagram of the Decatur, as he took the time to traverse the ship and take note of key locations and things. To others, they may have seemed insignificant. But to Hayden? Oh, they meant much more to the mind of a paranoid individual who could use just about anything as a weapon.

Smiling quietly, he let his mind wander as his body entered a state of suspended animation, though any of his reactions would remain fluid and natural.

"Well, someone's had a shit day." Hayden spoke to himself as he leaned against the wall beside the door outside of the Doctor's lab. He was on his way back to his 'bed' when he saw the Doctor walk in and he heard the lock click. Initially he thought he that the man was up to something shady in regards to Ai, but the muffled bits of maniacal laughter and prattling told him just the opposite.

Sliding down to the floor, he leaned against the wall as he closed his eyes. In his mind was a picture perfect diagram of the Decatur, as he took the time to traverse the ship and take note of key locations and things. To others, they may have seemed insignificant. But to Hayden? Oh, they meant much more to the mind of a paranoid individual who could use just about anything as a weapon.

Smiling quietly, he let his mind wander as his body entered a state of suspended animation, though any of his reactions would remain fluid and natural.
Roma heard the maniacal laughter from The Doctor's office and was about to go in to check in one him, but realizing that he would probably get a bunch of scalpels thrown at him as soon as he would open the door so he just pulled his hand away from the knob. "I should probably give him a break tomorrow..." A shiver went down his spine and he began to turn and walk away from the office when he saw a familiar figure lying slumped against the wall, one that should've been lying around restrained to a medical bed in The Doctor's office.

Yo Hayden, glad to see you're up." Roma walked over to the swordsman, looking down towards him. "I wanted to talk to you when you woke up, but I didn't think I'd find you out here. Anyway let's have a little chat, unless you're still after my head that is." He knelt down to be eye level with the mercenary with a relaxed nature even though this man hours ago was trying to kill him.

Roma heard the maniacal laughter from The Doctor's office and was about to go in to check in one him, but realizing that he would probably get a bunch of scalpels thrown at him as soon as he would open the door so he just pulled his hand away from the knob. "I should probably give him a break tomorrow..." A shiver went down his spine and he began to turn and walk away from the office when he saw a familiar figure lying slumped against the wall, one that should've been lying around restrained to a medical bed in The Doctor's office.

Yo Hayden, glad to see you're up." Roma walked over to the swordsman, looking down towards him. "I wanted to talk to you when you woke up, but I didn't think I'd find you out here. Anyway let's have a little chat, unless you're still after my head that is." He knelt down to be eye level with the mercenary with a relaxed nature even though this man hours ago was trying to kill him.
"Considering the fact my ally is currently under the care of your physician, it'd be rude of me to kill you." Hayden spoke as his eyes remained closed. "Now, Cesare Roma, what are you so eager to speak about?" The mercenary questioned, remaining at ease as it was clear the captain had no interest in fighting him.

"Considering the fact my ally is currently under the care of your physician, it'd be rude of me to kill you." Hayden spoke as his eyes remained closed. "Now, Cesare Roma, what are you so eager to speak about?" The mercenary questioned, remaining at ease as it was clear the captain had no interest in fighting him.
"True, true. I'd welcome the challenge though that's not what I want to talk about." Roma took a pack of cigarettes and placed one in between his teeth. The tip of his index finger flickered with plasma and he used it to light his cigarette before he took his first puff of smoke. He sighed contently and leaned back against the same wall that Hayden was leaning against. "Heh, it's a guilty pleasure of mine." Roma exhaled more smoke, leaving a long grey whispy trail in the air. He held the cigarette in between his fingers. "They say that cigarettes kill, like I care. The last thing that's going to kill me are these things." Chuckling softly he held the box out to offer him one of his cigarettes as a friendly gesture towards the man who tried killing him before.

"I'll be straight with you Hayden, I want you in my crew. From our brief skirmish I can tell you are skilled and can hold your own even when you were completely drugged up." His hand dove into his over shirt's pocket and pulled out a folded newspaper that he had received in the early morning from the postal bird. He tossed it onto Hayden's lap with a page that contained his face and bounty as well as an entire article of him talking about the slaughter of some royal family that he was perpetrated. "I knew your face from before, but I couldn't place it until now. You're like me, we both did some reckless things that've gotten us wanted by the marines so why not jump aboard my crew while you still have the chance. You have talent and I hate to see it go to waste." Rpma closed his eyes and placed the cigarette back in between his lips.

The moment the two had made their way back onto the Decatur, were surrounded by curious and confused crewmembers who bombarded them with endless questions. Their endless prattling made his body twitch as though he had a calm, blank expression, inside he was absolutely livid. Grating his teeth, doing everything he could to losing his composure and was thankful to his captain's shouting for once, that brought on the blissful quiet.

Seeing them disperse and was ready to go, but Roma's words held his attention and turned his head slightly in his direction for a brief moment. He slipped his hands in his pockets; hiding how much they were shaking.'.....Good night.'Was all he said before heading off to his office/lab where he would lock the door behind him, thankful to finally be alone.

This day had been a long succession of annoyance and stupidity that had pushed him to the very limits of his tolerance. Walking towards his desk and upon inspecting the room, noticed that Hayden was gone; shaky hands placed on the desk while his body trembled like a ticking time bomb.' After working tirelessly to save his friend...patched him up and he has the fucking decency to just wander off.' Clenching his hands tightly into fists as a wide, creepy grin formed on his face, recalling all that had happened to him today. With having to babysit an adult with the imbecilic mind of a toddler, disrespected by some unknown asshole who desperately needed a doctor and a brash captain who never thinks about his actions. A man who would likely end up getting himself and his crew killed if he kept acting without thinking.

Oh but the sweet cherry on top of this absolutely horrid day? To meet The Gentleman of all people, who not only toyed with them, but had the sheer nerve to tell that story, something of which only reminded him of his past. A past he wanted to put behind him and forget it and out of nowhere that obnoxious prick drudged it up from the muck and mire. To add to it, he went and assume that he...he! had ever even a speck of an easy life.

All day he was used and toyed with, his body trembling even more as he was filled with nothing but rage. Who wanted nothing more to unleash his wrath on all of them, every last single one of them. His crooked smile widen that, in the dim light, gave him a very frightening appearance and at that moment he started to laugh, barely perceptible at first that gradually grew in tantrum till it echoed all across the room, the laughter of madness.

Throwing his head back as he continued to laugh, his right hand gripping his face and for a moment the calm, collected individual that he pretended to be was gone. His true self struggling to break through the surface of his mind, fighting to eat away at any sanity left him, but would not submit as he slammed his fist on the table. The terrifying laughter slowly died, replaced once more by the silence and heavy breathing, sweat glistened on his pale face, gritting his teeth.' Just...wait...I'll make you all pay. Every goddamn last one of you.'Shaking his head before, in the last fit of his rage flipped the desk and let out a bellowing shout of pure hatred.
Ai startled awake at the sound of a great yell and furniture being thrown, her body tensing before she could even register the fact that she had fallen asleep in the first place. Wincing at the resulted ache of her body, the brunette shakily tried to push herself up in the bed in order to get a better view of the surrounding area before her eyes caught sight of the doctor from before... seemingly... raging?

Deciding to not make a sound, the mermaid paled slightly and reached for the pain meds beside her on the small table as she tried to gauge just what was within reach which could be made into a weapon just in case the man went berserk... er.

Ai startled awake at the sound of a great yell and furniture being thrown, her body tensing before she could even register the fact that she had fallen asleep in the first place. Wincing at the resulted ache of her body, the brunette shakily tried to push herself up in the bed in order to get a better view of the surrounding area before her eyes caught sight of the doctor from before... seemingly... raging?

Deciding to not make a sound, the mermaid paled slightly and reached for the pain meds beside her on the small table as she tried to gauge just what was within reach which could be made into a weapon just in case the man went berserk... er.

He was man who disliked yelling or shouting as it was undignified for a doctor; and yet it felt so good to finally let out his frustration. Besides, better to let it out this way than to go around hurting others as he couldn't risk being detained or locked up with so much to do still.

So there he stood; panting heavily, his hair disheveled and body trembling a little still as he worked to collect his thoughts. The Doctor rubbed at his forehead with the palm of his right hand, instantly regretting allowing himself to lapse like that; a weary sigh escaping his lips, gazing at the desk he had flipped over moments ago and was thankful this was all that he had done.

All he wanted now was sleep, the desk he would worry about tomorrow, though the sign of movement spotted from the corner of his eye caught his attention. It was then that he remembered about the mermaid girl, Ai and berated himself for disturbing his patience's rest and took a deep breath, exhaling slowly to help relax. Creasing back the hair draping over his shades and turned towards her direction, though made no intention of moving closer, likely that she saw his little episode and might think he would attack her. The only option left him at this time was to raise his hands to show nothing in them.'Well, that was very unbecoming of me just now wasn't it? If you saw the day I had, you'd just want to scream as well.'Letting out a soft chuckle, slowly lowering his arms, still keeping his distance for the time being.' How's that leg of yours feeling?'Wanting to make light conversation, that and it was a good time to see how she was doing.

He was man who disliked yelling or shouting as it was undignified for a doctor; and yet it felt so good to finally let out his frustration. Besides, better to let it out this way than to go around hurting others as he couldn't risk being detained or locked up with so much to do still.

So there he stood; panting heavily, his hair disheveled and body trembling a little still as he worked to collect his thoughts. The Doctor rubbed at his forehead with the palm of his right hand, instantly regretting allowing himself to lapse like that; a weary sigh escaping his lips, gazing at the desk he had flipped over moments ago and was thankful this was all that he had done.

All he wanted now was sleep, the desk he would worry about tomorrow, though the sign of movement spotted from the corner of his eye caught his attention. It was then that he remembered about the mermaid girl, Ai and berated himself for disturbing his patience's rest and took a deep breath, exhaling slowly to help relax. Creasing back the hair draping over his shades and turned towards her direction, though made no intention of moving closer, likely that she saw his little episode and might think he would attack her. The only option left him at this time was to raise his hands to show nothing in them.'Well, that was very unbecoming of me just now wasn't it? If you saw the day I had, you'd just want to scream as well.'Letting out a soft chuckle, slowly lowering his arms, still keeping his distance for the time being.' How's that leg of yours feeling?'Wanting to make light conversation, that and it was a good time to see how she was doing.

Mentally cursing, Ai wished quietly that she could make a quick getaway as the possibly insane person noticed her, however she slowly released the tension held in her body as he began speaking.

It's not like she was seriously considering trying to hobble her way off this... boat?... nah.

"Aching... a lot... these little fuckers are for pain, right? And did you ask me a question before I passed out?"

Peeking into the bottle of pills, Ai poured one into her palm and carefully inspected it for any possible indication of something harmful, the mermaid remaining focused on The Doctor as she smelled the bottle of pills.

Mentally cursing, Ai wished quietly that she could make a quick getaway as the possibly insane person noticed her, however she slowly released the tension held in her body as he began speaking.

It's not like she was seriously considering trying to hobble her way off this... boat?... nah.

"Aching... a lot... these little fuckers are for pain, right? And did you ask me a question before I passed out?"

Peeking into the bottle of pills, Ai poured one into her palm and carefully inspected it for any possible indication of something harmful, the mermaid remaining focused on The Doctor as she smelled the bottle of pills.

Watching her quietly while pulling up his chair and sat down where he had been standing then leaned back, folding his arms.'Ever the cautious one aren't you?' Noticing how she sniffed at the bottle and inspected the pills.'Those are simply painkillers. I assure you, if I wanted to do something to you, I would of done so while you were sleeping and I apologize for waking you.'Rocking on the chair a little as it squeaked faintly from each motion.'And before you ask. That friend of yours, Hayden was it? He's fine, though once I get my hands on him for getting up with doctor's permission then he won't be.'Flexing his fingers to crack his knuckles then rested his elbow on the armrest and the side of his head resting on his fist.

How he wanted to study her in full, to learn about the anatomy of mermaids and how their bodies worked. Her friend wouldn't like that of course and doubted his captain would allow it; besides having just patched her up, only to undo his work was an insult to his title as a doctor, even more that it wasn't his way to dissect living humans or other races.'Hm? Ah yes, normally my services aren't free and I require payment in either money or owing a favor. For you, I simply ask for a sample of your blood for studying purposes. If that's fine with you?'He waited silently for her reply as he thought about her legs and could guess how painful the surgeries must of been.

Watching her quietly while pulling up his chair and sat down where he had been standing then leaned back, folding his arms.'Ever the cautious one aren't you?' Noticing how she sniffed at the bottle and inspected the pills.'Those are simply painkillers. I assure you, if I wanted to do something to you, I would of done so while you were sleeping and I apologize for waking you.'Rocking on the chair a little as it squeaked faintly from each motion.'And before you ask. That friend of yours, Hayden was it? He's fine, though once I get my hands on him for getting up with doctor's permission then he won't be.'Flexing his fingers to crack his knuckles then rested his elbow on the armrest and the side of his head resting on his fist.

How he wanted to study her in full, to learn about the anatomy of mermaids and how their bodies worked. Her friend wouldn't like that of course and doubted his captain would allow it; besides having just patched her up, only to undo his work was an insult to his title as a doctor, even more that it wasn't his way to dissect living humans or other races.'Hm? Ah yes, normally my services aren't free and I require payment in either money or owing a favor. For you, I simply ask for a sample of your blood for studying purposes. If that's fine with you?'He waited silently for her reply as he thought about her legs and could guess how painful the surgeries must of been.
Realizing the logic in his words in regards to the pills, the mermaid deftly swallowed two pills with the water which had been placed beside the pill container.

At the news about Hayden, Ai couldn't help but not be terribly surprised. It's not like she expected him to stick around, especially with someone who couldn't even walk due to injuries and had tried to kill him.

'At least he got me to a doctor... even if he's crazy.'

"I don't mind you taking some blood... as long as I can be sure that you've calmed down enough to do it right."

Glancing over at the bed beside her, the brunette silently came up with an idea to help the man who had such a reasonable request for payment. Surely there had been plenty of blood when he stitched up the wound on her shoulder.

"I only suggest that you tie down the arm that you take it from when you get around to it. I hate needles..."

"True, true. I'd welcome the challenge though that's not what I want to talk about." Roma took a pack of cigarettes and placed one in between his teeth. The tip of his index finger flickered with plasma and he used it to light his cigarette before he took his first puff of smoke. He sighed contently and leaned back against the same wall that Hayden was leaning against. "Heh, it's a guilty pleasure of mine." Roma exhaled more smoke, leaving a long grey whispy trail in the air. He held the cigarette in between his fingers. "They say that cigarettes kill, like I care. The last thing that's going to kill me are these things." Chuckling softly he held the box out to offer him one of his cigarettes as a friendly gesture towards the man who tried killing him before.

"I'll be straight with you Hayden, I want you in my crew. From our brief skirmish I can tell you are skilled and can hold your own even when you were completely drugged up." His hand dove into his over shirt's pocket and pulled out a folded newspaper that he had received in the early morning from the postal bird. He tossed it onto Hayden's lap with a page that contained his face and bounty as well as an entire article of him talking about the slaughter of some royal family that he was perpetrated. "I knew your face from before, but I couldn't place it until now. You're like me, we both did some reckless things that've gotten us wanted by the marines so why not jump aboard my crew while you still have the chance. You have talent and I hate to see it go to waste." Rpma closed his eyes and placed the cigarette back in between his lips.
"It wouldn't be a challenge." Hayden remarked matter-of-factly. "A guilty pleasure is a weakness waiting to be exploited." The mercenary added plainly as he took the cigarette and used the man's hand to light it before placing it in his mouth.

"If it's a pleasure - revel in it. There's no need for guilt." Hayden said as Roma explained his intentions and the mercenary huffed, removing the cigarette from his mouth as he released puffs of smoke. Lazily reading the paper, Hayden smirked as he saw the headline and the article itself. "Oh joy, my name is going to be known throughout all of the East Blue at this rate." He remarked with clear annoyance before tossing it to the side.

"Here's the thing, kid - I knew exactly what I was doing and why I did it. There was no recklessness to my actions - I viewed the fallout and the reward equally, and it wound up being worth it. The marines are nothing to me, honestly. I bring them the heads of a few pirate captains and they'll wipe my slate clean just like last time. But, that would be boring, I suppose." Hayden paused as he took a drag from the cigarette before exhaling another puff of smoke. "Tell you what - I'll be apart of your crew for one month. That's how long your crazy doctor said it'd take for Ai's leg to heal, and if she agrees to stay after her leg is better, you can consider me a member of your crew."

Realizing the logic in his words in regards to the pills, the mermaid deftly swallowed two pills with the water which had been placed beside the pill container.

At the news about Hayden, Ai couldn't help but not be terribly surprised. It's not like she expected him to stick around, especially with someone who couldn't even walk due to injuries and had tried to kill him.

'At least he got me to a doctor... even if he's crazy.'

"I don't mind you taking some blood... as long as I can be sure that you've calmed down enough to do it right."

Glancing over at the bed beside her, the brunette silently came up with an idea to help the man who had such a reasonable request for payment. Surely there had been plenty of blood when he stitched up the wound on her shoulder.

"I only suggest that you tie down the arm that you take it from when you get around to it. I hate needles..."
He sat there, almost drifting off as he was rather tired and yawned while stretching his arms.' Good to know, though that can wait till tomorrow. You've lost enough blood already and need the rest.'Standing up off the chair then scratched at his head.' I'll check to see if any of those men my captain brought can cook a big breakfast for you.'She would likely be hungry and needed the energy to heal properly.' Best get some rest while you can, that leg of yours is in for a long month of pain.'He nodded, kicking at the turned over desk before heading to his hammock, turning off the lights as he went.

Slipping into the hammock and was asleep in seconds, wanting this day to just end.

"It wouldn't be a challenge." Hayden remarked matter-of-factly. "A guilty pleasure is a weakness waiting to be exploited." The mercenary added plainly as he took the cigarette and used the man's hand to light it before placing it in his mouth.

"If it's a pleasure - revel in it. There's no need for guilt." Hayden said as Roma explained his intentions and the mercenary huffed, removing the cigarette from his mouth as he released puffs of smoke. Lazily reading the paper, Hayden smirked as he saw the headline and the article itself. "Oh joy, my name is going to be known throughout all of the East Blue at this rate." He remarked with clear annoyance before tossing it to the side.

"Here's the thing, kid - I knew exactly what I was doing and why I did it. There was no recklessness to my actions - I viewed the fallout and the reward equally, and it wound up being worth it. The marines are nothing to me, honestly. I bring them the heads of a few pirate captains and they'll wipe my slate clean just like last time. But, that would be boring, I suppose." Hayden paused as he took a drag from the cigarette before exhaling another puff of smoke. "Tell you what - I'll be apart of your crew for one month. That's how long your crazy doctor said it'd take for Ai's leg to heal, and if she agrees to stay after her leg is better, you can consider me a member of your crew."
"Wiser words had never been said before." Roma laughed and then took another drag of his cigarette as he watched Hayden read the paper he handed to him with a smirk on his face. He removed the cigarette and blew three rings of smoke, each one of them was a different size than the other. "Killing a royal family will do that to a guy." He remarked and placed the cigarette back in his mouth and yawned tiredly from the ordeal he had to go through before. It looked like he was making enemies all around him; the Marines and now this crew led by the ever suave and obscenely charming The Gentleman. It wasn't a want to have strong people in his crew it was now an important need. Roma knew that there are going to be powerful opponents out there and he was going to have to take whatever strong guy that he would happen to meet. It's not like he was against recruiting a mass murdered anyway since Roma may very well be one with all of the marines he killed.

This Hayden guy was much more calculative than he originally thought he was. There was reason behind his insane acts and how he viewed whether or not if something is worth sticking to. Roma exhaled a stream of smoke through his mouth. "It ain't your first time bribing them with a few heads huh? I wonder how long it would be until they decide to lock you up in Impel Down or kill you once they stop seeing any use for you." Roma seemed to stare out into space as he remembered the tales that his grandfather told him of marines. Tales of harming innocents for their so called greater good or attacking anyone who was involved with a pirate. "The Marines are dirty; give them the chance and they'll stab you right in the back saying it's all for justice and all that shit."

Hayden's answer wasn't what he was hoping for, but it was something to say the least. "Huh, well I don't see a reason why I shouldn't make this deal. I can't force either one of you two to join." Roma stood back up, stretching his arms up towards the sky. "I'll talk to Ai about this tomorrow to let her know of the situation. For now I need some shut eye and you would do best to do so too. Also if you do go back in the Doc's office make sure to put your cigarette out. He'd probably butcher you in your sleep if you smoked in there." He walked away and to his own quarters to go get some sleep/

"Wiser words had never been said before." Roma laughed and then took another drag of his cigarette as he watched Hayden read the paper he handed to him with a smirk on his face. He removed the cigarette and blew three rings of smoke, each one of them was a different size than the other. "Killing a royal family will do that to a guy." He remarked and placed the cigarette back in his mouth and yawned tiredly from the ordeal he had to go through before. It looked like he was making enemies all around him; the Marines and now this crew led by the ever suave and obscenely charming The Gentleman. It wasn't a want to have strong people in his crew it was now an important need. Roma knew that there are going to be powerful opponents out there and he was going to have to take whatever strong guy that he would happen to meet. It's not like he was against recruiting a mass murdered anyway since Roma may very well be one with all of the marines he killed.

This Hayden guy was much more calculative than he originally thought he was. There was reason behind his insane acts and how he viewed whether or not if something is worth sticking to. Roma exhaled a stream of smoke through his mouth. "It ain't your first time bribing them with a few heads huh? I wonder how long it would be until they decide to lock you up in Impel Down or kill you once they stop seeing any use for you." Roma seemed to stare out into space as he remembered the tales that his grandfather told him of marines. Tales of harming innocents for their so called greater good or attacking anyone who was involved with a pirate. "The Marines are dirty; give them the chance and they'll stab you right in the back saying it's all for justice and all that shit."

Hayden's answer wasn't what he was hoping for, but it was something to say the least. "Huh, well I don't see a reason why I shouldn't make this deal. I can't force either one of you two to join." Roma stood back up, stretching his arms up towards the sky. "I'll talk to Ai about this tomorrow to let her know of the situation. For now I need some shut eye and you would do best to do so too. Also if you do go back in the Doc's office make sure to put your cigarette out. He'd probably butcher you in your sleep if you smoked in there." He walked away and to his own quarters to go get some sleep/
Listening to Roma speak, Hayden nodded quietly as he and the captain came to an agreement. He already knew he couldn't trust the marines; hell, in his mind, he couldn't trust anyone. Not even himself. Sighing, he smashed the cigarette against the floor as Roma left and he stood up, dusting his pants off.

Making his way to the door, he crouched down in front of it as he removed two metal pins from his pocket. Placing them in the keyhole, a second passed before the sound of the lock clicking could faintly be heard and he closed the door behind him softly. Pausing, he gave his eyes a minute to adjust to the darkness, the only sources of light being those from the moon shining through the portholes.

Moving quietly, he moved towards the chair beside Ai's bed, keeping the sound to a minimum as he pushed it back until it was close to the wall, near the head of her bed, and he took a seat on the stool. Leaning back so he was supported by the wall, he closed his eyes and folded his arms, deciding it was time to sleep.

He sat there, almost drifting off as he was rather tired and yawned while stretching his arms.' Good to know, though that can wait till tomorrow. You've lost enough blood already and need the rest.'Standing up off the chair then scratched at his head.' I'll check to see if any of those men my captain brought can cook a big breakfast for you.'She would likely be hungry and needed the energy to heal properly.' Best get some rest while you can, that leg of yours is in for a long month of pain.'He nodded, kicking at the turned over desk before heading to his hammock, turning off the lights as he went.

Slipping into the hammock and was asleep in seconds, wanting this day to just end.
Listening to Roma speak, Hayden nodded quietly as he and the captain came to an agreement. He already knew he couldn't trust the marines; hell, in his mind, he couldn't trust anyone. Not even himself. Sighing, he smashed the cigarette against the floor as Roma left and he stood up, dusting his pants off.

Making his way to the door, he crouched down in front of it as he removed two metal pins from his pocket. Placing them in the keyhole, a second passed before the sound of the lock clicking could faintly be heard and he closed the door behind him softly. Pausing, he gave his eyes a minute to adjust to the darkness, the only sources of light being those from the moon shining through the portholes.

Moving quietly, he moved towards the chair beside Ai's bed, keeping the sound to a minimum as he pushed it back until it was close to the wall, near the head of her bed, and he took a seat on the stool. Leaning back so he was supported by the wall, he closed his eyes and folded his arms, deciding it was time to sleep.
Paling, Ai's thoughts stopped as the doctor mentioned that she was in for 'a month of pain'. A month here? It was only a broken leg, right? She had been able to walk a few steps after she 'splinted' it. Even if she was in excruciating pain whilst doing so.

Using her uninjured leg to push herself into a better position after her eyes adjusted to the darkness, the mermaid silently tried to calculate just how heavy the bandages covering her body would weigh in the water. Sure she would have an extraordinarily difficult time swimming like this... and she would probably drown... but would it be easier than sitting in one spot for a month with a bunch of strangers who could easily be on their way to some slave market.

Cursing under her breath, Ai tried to calm her paranoia. Sure the doctor might not care that she was a slave... but could he really speak for the other members of the crew on board?

Running her hand through her hair, the woman glanced up as she saw the door to the room open and a brief note of panic hit her before she recognized the man as Hayden. Surprise hit her next. Surely he wasn't sticking around...?

Keeping her voice down, the mermaid silently realized that Hayden's rib was no longer sticking out of his side.

"I thought you left... and don't fucking tell me you're going to sleep sitting up."

Even as she spoke she could feel her legs and ribs aching further from her sitting position and she realized that she really would have to lay down, even if it wasn't because she was necessarily tired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Paling, Ai's thoughts stopped as the doctor mentioned that she was in for 'a month of pain'. A month here? It was only a broken leg, right? She had been able to walk a few steps after she 'splinted' it. Even if she was in excruciating pain whilst doing so.

Using her uninjured leg to push herself into a better position after her eyes adjusted to the darkness, the mermaid silently tried to calculate just how heavy the bandages covering her body would weigh in the water. Sure she would have an extraordinarily difficult time swimming like this... and she would probably drown... but would it be easier than sitting in one spot for a month with a bunch of strangers who could easily be on their way to some slave market.

Cursing under her breath, Ai tried to calm her paranoia. Sure the doctor might not care that she was a slave... but could he really speak for the other members of the crew on board?

Running her hand through her hair, the woman glanced up as she saw the door to the room open and a brief note of panic hit her before she recognized the man as Hayden. Surprise hit her next. Surely he wasn't sticking around...?

Keeping her voice down, the mermaid silently realized that Hayden's rib was no longer sticking out of his side.

"I thought you left... and don't fucking tell me you're going to sleep sitting up."

Even as she spoke she could feel her legs and ribs aching further from her sitting position and she realized that she really would have to lay down, even if it wasn't because she was necessarily tired.
"I'm going to sleep however the fuck I want to sleep." Hayden shot back quietly, attempting to glare Ai to sleep. The last thing he needed was to play twenty questions with her. All he wanted was to just go to sleep and not deal with any form of bullshittery for a few hours. "So, Ai, will you do me a favor and go back the fuck to sleep?" He inquired, a blank expression on his face.

"I'm going to sleep however the fuck I want to sleep." Hayden shot back quietly, attempting to glare Ai to sleep. The last thing he needed was to play twenty questions with her. All he wanted was to just go to sleep and not deal with any form of bullshittery for a few hours. "So, Ai, will you do me a favor and go back the fuck to sleep?" He inquired, a blank expression on his face.
Glaring back at Hayden, Ai muttered to herself in irritation at the fact that the merc was so fucking irritable. Its not like she had been unconscious for who knew how long. And its not like she would be able to relax around a 'doctor' who threw tables and yelled like a maniac in his spare time.

Wincing slightly, the mermaid slipped back to a laying position before flipping Hayden off and passing out.

Just like every other dusk Roma was the first one to awake, the sun just barely rose in the horizon painted the dark blue of the night into vibrant array of colors that even a painting could never hope to capture. It was one of the few perks of being a wake this early while he did the routine menial tasks such as checking on the stock of supplies to see what needs to be restocked, such as the booze because two of his men got into a drinking contest in which he was the judge for. Roma chuckled, remembering that one of them was probably still asleep on the dining room floor from drinking more than he could take. After checking on supplies, Roma went back to the deck of the ship and climbed up the mast of the ship via rope into the crow's nest where he found a man with tussled brown hair and a bushy beard sleeping, drool seeping into his beard. "Yo, wake up!" He grabbed the man's shoulder and shook him hard, startling him out of his sleep.

"TWO PLUS TWO EQUAL FISH!" The man shouted as his head looked around his surroundings to see what woke him up to see it was his new captain. "Oh, hey captain. What can I do you for?" He smiled a toothy smile with gaping holes where some of his teeth should've been and the ones he had were as yellow as corn and smooth as sandpaper.

Roma folded his arms with a frown along his face. "I need you to do your job. Watch out for anything unusual or if anything is following us. After yesterday's event we can't allow ourselves to be caught with our asses open to the wind." He gritted his teeth, frustrated that he was made a fool of by that damn English stereotype. The Gentleman outnumbered in both weapons and men; enough to destroy the Decatur and everyone onboard along with it. After that he promised himself that he would never be so defenseless again; he would destroy his foes swiftly and when he gets his hands around that fucking Cheshire Cat smiling bastard he will snap his pencil neck with his bare hands. Roma heaved a heavy sigh. "I'm going to go make the crew breakfast. It shouldn't be too long until they wake up."

The man shrugged and stood up, yawning loudly as his horrid breath punched Roma's nose, making it wrinkle. "Aye, catch you later captain." The two bid their goodbyes and Roma climbed back down to the deck where he made his way to the kitchen through the dining room. In the dining room something splashed against his feet lightly and he looked down to see a puddle of what must've been saliva.

"What the hell?" He raised his foot out of the puddle, droplets dripped down his shoe. Just what was the cause of this mess? Well it didn't take very long to figure out; it was the drunken pirate that passed out last night drooling excessively. "Oh for the love of..." He walked over to him and he used the man's shirt to wipe the drool off his shoe. He knelt down and shook the man though it didn't work so he shook him harder and harder until the man's head was flinging back and forth. The drunk man just snored loudly with a stupid grin on his face. Roma let go of the man, the back of the drunk's head hit the floorboards, but even then he was still asleep. There was only one thing left for him to do; it was what his mother did to wake him up whenever he deep in the land of nod. Roma went into the kitchen and searched through the fridge and took out a small, neatly wrapped package of cheese.

The smell, oh dear god the smell was suffocating. It was like trying to smell armpit of a morbidly obese man who ran a marathon who didn't wear deodorant nor showered in general. At this point Roma was so desensitized to the horrific smell that it didn't bother him anymore nor did anything else that smelled terrible. He walked out of the kitchen and knelt down to the pirate, holding the cheese up to his nose. The man's eyes shot open bloodshot and teary, leaping back with his hand covering his mouth to hold back himself from vomiting. "What the hell was that for?!"

Roma simply pointed at the puddle of drool. "You're to clean up your drool. Get to it." He walked back into the kitchen and grabbed a white apron from a hook, tying it onto him. From the cellar he took out multiple eggs and onions that were already peeled along with a variety of other foods such as sausages and potatoes. He turned to stove onto a low heat and placed a few pans on it. Roma took out a large knife and a cutting board before grabbing the onions and began to cut the onions into rings at an impressive pace, his hand moved almost like a blur. The pile of onions beside him quickly turned into rings of onions that were stacked in a neat pile and then he moved onto the potatoes, shredding them with ease with a grater. Turning back to the stove, he grabbed a bottle of olive oil and poured some into each pan and then grabbed cutting board with the shredded potato, sliding into one of the heated pans. The aroma of the shredded potato wafted in the air and was soon added the loud sizzling of eggs that were cracked open above the potatoes. He grabbed a wooden spoon and began to stir around the mix of potato and egg into a fine mixture, then put a dash of salt into it. Quickly not wasting a moment, he slid the onions into the pan and they sizzled like the whispers of a lover, enticing his hunger. He caramelized the onions and then cracked eggs in the center of the rings, letting them cook with the onions. He then cooked the sausages in a separate pan. Watching Roma cook was like watching a conductor conduct a symphony.

The dining room table laid out with plates of food; hash browns, caramelized onion with sunny side cook egg in the ring, sausages, toast, butter and a variety of jam spread out along the table. Roma smiled proudly at his creation and walked out to see that most of his crew was awake. "Breakfast is ready! Come get it while it's still hot!" It didn't take much to get those men to get in that room.

The sound of creaking footsteps on wooden floorboards woke him from slumber as footsteps grew in number. It likely was morning and though he wanted nothing more than to sleep all day after the exhausting, excruciating events of yesterday.

Slipping the arm draped over his shades, in the midst of waking up with a loud yawn and slipped out of the hammock before pushing on his back that let out an audible crack.'Hn, what I wouldn't give for a glass of whiskey.'His throat dry and voice cracking slightly; body still working on waking up, but it was too early to drink, that and he had a patient to tend to. Something of which he can't do while intoxicated, so instead worked on lighting some candles to lit the dark room. He lit only what he needed to illuminate the room well enough without making it too bright for his taste and took a moment to scan the office.

First noticing the turned over desk with papers and a few books scattered over the floor and wasn't looking forward to cleaning it up. Rubbing at his face before grabbing a nearby clipboard and pen. Muttering to himself as he walked over to Ai; finding the missing patient sleeping besides her bed, the sight making his eyebrow raised. The faint scritching from his writing something down on the paper.*subject with cuts and broken ribs shows sign of healing, due to the capability of escaping the bindings. Sleeps without troubles besides the more critically injured Ai. Diagnosis? - lovestruck.*Tapping the pen against the paper after he had finished, moments later the smell of breakfast reached his nose, causing his stomach to rumble.

Footsteps could be heard anew as he headed to the door and upon opening it, reached out to drag in one of the straggler crew members that Roma recruited."Gahh! huh? whach-'Silenced by The Doctor's pale hand covering the stunned male's mouth.'You do realize I have a patient trying to sleep? Now use what little brain you have there and learn to lower your voice.'His words reprimanding and harsh and received a rapid nod in answer since the hand still covered his mouth.'Good. Now, seeing how you're going to the dining room. I need for you to bring two plates here. One for me and the other for the resting patient...understand?'Now speaking in a calmer tone, removing his hand from the man's mouth."U-uh..y-yes. Sorry sir. I'll get the plates."The man spoke nervously, thinking it odd that such a scrawny, pale individual could terrify him so much that it sent chills to his very core and knew that The Doctor was someone who's bad side you did not want to get on.

Now with that taken care of; The Doctor headed back over to the sleeping duo and kicked the leg of Hayden's chair just enough to wake him.'Sleep well I hope? Best hurry if you want to get something to eat and I'll expect you back here. Since you like to leave without doctor's permission, I'll make sure to have you make up for it.'He spoke in a whisper with that toothy grin of his then moved around to the other side of the bed to check up over Ai's wounds to make sure the stitches and wounds were healing nicely.

---------------------------------------------

Back at the island where pirates gathered to recruit or to spend their spoils at bars and shops to get drunk and gather supplies. The last known place where Roma and The Doctor had been spotted as Polly stamped his way onto the deck with a few marine soldiers behind them, anxious looks on their faces.

To come to a place packed with countless pirates. IT was truly foolish for marines to come to such a place without a large number of soldiers or the more elite members and yet they only numbered in five along with their captain, Polly. The big, fat male with the chubby, pig face contorted with rage as a hand of stubby fingers grabbed hold of his heavy, spiked mace and held it up high for all to see.'DOCTOOOOOOORRRRRR!!!! ROOOOMAAAAA!! COME OUT YOU BASTARDS!!'Shouting at the top of his lungs, his face red as spittle shot from his mouth.

Soon all those present at the docks were looking at him; stunned and confused that a marine soldier was not only stupid enough to come to a pirates den, but to shout like an idiot for all to hear?

I KNOW YOU'RE HERE DAMN IT! STOP HIDING AND FACE ME!.'Still shouting, obsessed with finding and beating the shit out of the two who had embarrassed him and tarnished his name. such an indignity he would not stand for, would not stop until he brought them and any friends to justice. Instead, his shouting had called the pirates who hated the marines to them. They were soon surrounded by pirates and bandits, each brandishing weapons of their owns and were eager to skin the marines alive."Uh...c-captain? Ma-maybe we should leave?"The foremost soldier inquired their captain in hopes the man would listen.

Polly, unfortunately was too stubborn and brandished the heavy mace held tightly in his grip.'You foolish pirates will not keep me from those I seek!'At that he let out a battlecry then charged forward, swinging the huge chunk of spiked iron in a frenzy manner. Sounds of bones breaking from those struck and sent flying into carts or nearby buildings and in moments people fled to avoid the rampage of the boarish male.

On Polly charged without letting up with his swinging in the least. So caught up in his charge that he failed to see the bar before him and soon his body crashed through the wooden door with a loud crash. On impact; the fat idiot had stumbled and fell, his mace slipping from his hand, to smash into, a wooden beam with the cracking of wood. Without the support, part of the ceiling collapsed and crumbled onto the marine and any others that failed to get out of the way in time, which kicked up a cloud of dust to blind all those within the bar.

The dust settled shortly afterwards as the bar owner lifted his head from behind the counter to find half his bar had collapse. His face turned beet red with anger."...M-MY BAR!! You fucking idiot! You'll pay for all the damages...and repairs...every last bit of it.'Shouting furiously while Polly lie unconscious under the debris.