POSITIVITY One Good Thing About Today - Every Day!

Well, it didn't happen today but it's definitely worth mentioning that I got a new job. So yeah, I am officially out of the retail business. I'll be in surgery from now on and I'm pretty psyched.

peaches + ice + honey+ yogurt makes an amazing smoothie. I'm glad I found that out today.

I just watched the CGI films Resident Evil: Damnation and Vendetta back-to-back. Omg, Leon is the best. In Damnation he was basically resting-bitch-face-sass-master the entire film with a lot of bad-assery, then in Vendetta he was literally drunk off his ass until halfway through the final battle. Thank you, Capcom. I needed this. I needed all of this.

I think I broke my record for "longest IC post written entirely within a single day". owo

Productivity~

Also, a pleasant evening shower. ^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Eru
I'm feeling the ol' roleplay gears beginning to unrust and kick back into gear. It feels good to be creative again.

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours
Today was not nearly as much of a slog as I was expecting it to be. And I was able to get a lot done! ^^

Also, I even found time to eat dinner! Which I was not originally planning on. XD

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes is very fun and I like everything about it now that I know what I'm doing (for the most part) and I want to play it through at least one more time after this first playthrough o__o

Today has been a day of much hard work!! And it feels good!! ^^

(Mainly, though, I'm really just thankful that I'm not super foggy and spacey like I was yesterday, haha.)

Reactions: LunaValentine
Looking through family history. It would seem some of my ancestors came to America on the Stavangerfjord in the 1920s. His wife is...gone? She got on the boat with him, but he came off unmarried. There's no mention of divorce anywhere and no proof that she docked. She is just gone. I have a picture of him, and a baby, and someone I assume is his wife...a wife, but there's no names mentioned, so I can't be sure she's the same lady. Where did she go? And why do I find it so funny that she's possibly gone?

Just history buff things.

• Bucket of Rainbows
A goth clown came into work today. He had a couple balloons in his hand and he walked around the store a bit. I had my back to him initially, so I didn't notice him until he came to the table and asked my friend and I if we wanted balloons. I have never been so charmed! His clothes and makeup reminded me of a clown cross between Alice Cooper, Slash, and Eric Draven. He was a very pretty clown. I think perhaps I seemed a little too eager to accept the balloons because he was stunned for a moment after I happily exclaimed "I absolutely do!". I can't help it, I appreciate cosplayers and that was some good cosplay.

I can't wait to tell my sister, she'll be absolutely horrified. :D

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Joan and Kagayours
I took the ASVAB for the US Army, which is basically a timed written test that throws you at nine or so subjects, such as General Science, Auto and Shop, Word Knowledge, Electronics, etc. It covers a bunch of different areas, and basically serves to measure your aptitude for the military itself, and certain jobs within the Army. Score is based on a percentile scale, so if you score a low 15, you only rank above or equal to 15% of the population, meaning 85% of the population did better on the test than you did. Army Reserves (which is what I want) has a base minimum of 31, and Active Duty has a minimum of 50.

I took the test with minimal studying and scored a 97, meaning I scored better than or equal to 97% of the population. Literally any job within the US Army is open to me, assuming I don't get disqualified at the physical.

• Love
Reactions: Joan and Kagayours
I almost gave in. I came very close to letting myself down today... but I didn't.

And as a reward for staying strong, I've earned the privilege of buying myself a little $8 reward.

Which means it's time for...

HIVESWAP. OwO

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dusk, Joan and Eru
I'm putting the pieces back together. Instead of angsting over my old writing projects I am starting another new one. The muses have been pretty strong so far. The dialogue feels a little corny, but that can be handled later when I have more of the idea down. I'm trying to not stress about the little things with this one. I'm taking my time and letting the characters write themselves. They have a lot of growing to do. I am hopeful that the story will become more solid over time.

• Love
I don't know why, but I'm in a particularly good mood today.

Wait a minute... WHICH ONE OF YOU SPIKED MY CEREAL?

• Love
Reactions: Shiri
It really is something magical when you sit down to do your homework, and then you find yourself in the realm known as Netflix dot com - but only because poking around in Netflix is actually relevant to your homework.

Life is beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: Shiri
Currently doing absolutely nothing at my job. And I'm getting paid for it...life is good

• Love
Reactions: Shiri and Kagayours