One For All and All For One.

YlqrHAR.png

"I... I can't do anything right..."

Name:
Huang Jin

Species:
Dragon Shifter

Nationality:
Chinese on his father's side, Japanese on his mother's.

Sexuality:
Straight

Appearance:
Jin is a mere 1.56 metres in height and has a rather scawny, slender build, despite being recorded to be near borderline overweight. He has black hair and a mild pale complexion. He wears the regular Dragon Shifter uniform.
fish-map_2272451k.jpg

"See... I'm just holding everyone back... I'm a... a disgrace..."

In his 'dragon' form, Huang Jin takes the shape of a koi carp and is a mere 25 centimetres in length, and appears rather beautiful. Calico koi are really pretty, moreso than other varieties. They make good pets- I mean, he is very light and easy to carry in this form. No fangs, no flight, is this really a dragon? It doesn't matter, because he definitely looks better than those ugly big guys. Take that, big fat ugly guys!

Personality:
Jin lacks one thing - confidence. He is awfully pessimistic, and always feels like giving up. The trauma of being the only one in his family to fail the coming of age ritual since generations has caused him to be like this, and he always feels that he is pulling everyone back. He always has this feeling that he is a laughing stock, and will shy away from others. He is a big crybaby, and always hides in a corner before crying. He likes some alone time, and believes that people are only there to mock him.

Swimming
The sweet smell of victory
Admirable people

Dislikes:
Being kept as a pet
Being picked on
Loss of any kind

Strengths:
He may not know it, but he's really good moral support.
He's always there to lend an ear.
He refuses to abandon a friend
He is a great swimmer.

Weaknesses:
Where do I even start?
He is a great crybaby and cries a lot.
He gives up easily.
His low confidence makes him feel very useless.

Powers:
Great beauty in his 'dragon' form, and to certain people with quite the fetish, his human form. Humans are often mesmerized by his lustrous scales and can only dream to have his beauty, or to have such an ornamental pet.
He can breathe both underwater and on land.
He can leap up to 10 metres in height from a surface while in his 'dragon' form.
He can flop and flail while in his dragon form, and that is his signature offensive attack and form of motility while on dry land.
His 'dragon' form is small and very slippery and can slip out of many, many situations, moreso than an ordinary koi carp. This allows him to evade attacks most other dragon shifters cannot. These attacks range from getting stepped on to a flurry of sharp attacks. Melee blunt attacks knock him hard though.
He is more temperature resistant than the usual human.
Doing good deeds to him will mildly increase your luck, such as having increased chances of landing a hit, and other things. Doing bad things will not do the reverse, unfortunately.

Weapons:
He brings a standard guandao than can only be wielded in his human form, since his 'dragon' form doesn't really have the appendages for that.

Family:
His father Huang Ming is a Long Race Dragon Shifter, specifically of the Shenlong variety, and his mother Inari is an Inari Race Dragon Shifter, a Japanese Dragon or Ryu that has similiar traits to the Shenlong.

Crush:
Well, why not we wait and find out?

Consort:
N/A

Other Information:
His Dragon Shifter Race is very unique. They are known as 'Long' or the 'Chinese Dragon', a type of Eastern Dragon, and their method of growth is intriguing. Once a young one reaches the age of thirteen, they will have to go through a six month trial known as the Coming Age Ritual, where they travel a water route in the forms of koi carp, facing many hardships. Some will give up easily due to hardships, but those who do will reach the top will have their koi forms turned into the shape of great dragons.
While he survived, he failed the trials due to his lack of confidence and giving up when he was faced with climbing the waterfall. His father was mildly disappointed and after two years, decided to enroll him in a boarding school of sorts, since he was his only son, and he didn't want his son's 'dragon' form to end up just being an even bigger carp. He says that he wants his son to 'man up' a little and realise that being a fish out of water doesn't make a difference as long as you persist.

He is sometimes called certain nicknames, mostly to do with being a... fish out of water.

Few to no dragon shifter databases or texts classify Koi Carps as Dragon Shifters. As such, Koi Carps tend to not be antagonised by Hunters until they develop and mature into their dragon states.

There are a few unproven theories of Koi Carp Dragon Shifters who never bloom into dragons. Some say they just keep growing like regular carp, albeit larger, until they death. Some say that they develop into Koi-type merfolk, but let's not get there.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
@Crow Do...you think that Huang and Brandon can be friends? Or acquaintances? I just want them to be in some kind of relationship >w< Huang is such a cute character, my gosh.

@Crow Do...you think that Huang and Brandon can be friends? Or acquaintances? I just want them to be in some kind of relationship >w< Huang is such a cute character, my gosh.
Brandon's dragon form is a collosal freezer room at Antarctic temperatures compared to Jin's.

But sure, why not?

I guess I'll prepare for intensive flopping action. This little lad is literally a fish out of water.

Reactions: Kitsune
Dat Magikarp. Sounds delicious.

Kitsune, when's the RP starting? And are you looking for an equal number of Shifters and Hunters, to pair them up? Or no?

Reserving a spot for a Hunter. I'll get my CS up later today.

I''m wondering, though. are we allowed to have two characters, or just one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Zg7kz6f.png

Name: Lyon "Eater" Adam
Species: Human
Nationality: Who knows? Probably somewhere in Europe.
Sexuality: Hetero.

Appearance: Short as hell, Lyon stands 5'2 (1.57m) and isn't growing any taller. Even with his muscular build, his weight is mindboggling to most, easily in excess of 200 lbs (90kg). His two different eye colors aren't natural nor is the glow that they seem to gain in low-light conditions. With no real preference for clothing as long as its comfortable, he can usually be found wearing cheap full-length pants and short sleeve shirts.

Personality: Generally Lyon's a fairly calm individual regardless if he's in the middle of a book or out on the field. His emotions don't swing easily and he always tries to return to his calm demeanor after any outbursts rather than letting his feelings out all at once. One might imagine that calm means level-headed, but he can be fairly damn obtuse and stubborn when he finds something disagreeable. He doesn't hold any particular hatred for Dragon Shifters, and treats them as he does others; namely by a case to case basis. At times he seeks to be by himself and attempts to accompany him will reveal a more aggressive and unsettled side of Lyon.

Peace and quiet. While he doesn't dislike combat, he'd much rather spend his time relaxing and catching up on the things he's missed out on for most his life.
To that end, he's very open to a variety of different activities. Be it books of any sort, video games, sports, or other forms of entertainment he's not one that gets bored easily.
While not devoted or a fanatic to the practice of his skills, he does enjoy the occasional spar with another to keep his edge.​
Dislikes:
Claustrophobic. Lock him up in a room. Unless it's reinforced, there probably won't be one left standing in a few minutes.
He also doesn't really do well with doctors or people in lab coats, though he doesn't react as drastically as when trapped.
Bringing up his past is a great way to end any conversation with Lyon. Do so several times and he'll probably completely avoid the person at best, or clock them across the face at worst.
Bigots. He's more than willing to involve himself if he witnesses the mistreatment of others and try to put an end to things.
Being shaken awake is a good way to end up with a swift punch to the face or a hand wrapped around one's neck.​
Strengths:
Given a vast amount of calories and Lyon can forgo sleep for several days without any drastic consequences.
In extended encounters, he only grows stronger the more wounds he manages to inflict on an opponent. So rather than weaken as combat drags on, Lyon will steadily become stronger as he injures his enemies.
Has a rather high pain tolerance and limited automatic first aid capabilities that allow him to fight on with wounds that'd put other Hunters out of commission.​
Weaknesses:
Electricity. While he does boast greater resistance to being affected, the drawback is that once its effects do take hold they are generally far more severe. The overload of his internal nanobots render him immobile both through loss of bodily control and immense pain.
Starting off at a range since he doesn't really have any options unless he's already been in combat and absorbed sufficient energy.​
Weapons: Type-C Blade. A one-handed blade despite its size of just over two meters in length, the weapon was the other half of the research project Lyon was involved in. Extremely durable and capable of slashing through unarmored flesh or piercing scales with a powerful thrust, it could be considered exceptional through that alone.

Its real capabilities lie in the ability for it to absorb and convert the flesh and blood of enemies into energy to further bolster its wielder's capabilities on the fly though. The porous metal traps blood and miniscule pieces of flesh each time it causes a wound and quickly breaks down and absorbs the material. The energy is fed through the weapon's grip and received by the nanomachines within the test subject's body which essentially supercharge themselves and the user by extension. The energy can otherwise be stored inside the blade and fired from the tip as a laser, properties of which will vary depending on what sort of creature Lyon has just fought.

Right. Nanomachines son. Not really a weapon, but an integral part of Lyon's capabilities to be a Hunter in the first place. They make him just that much better than a regular human. Alongside the capability of actually fighting in close range against the creatures without getting decimated, his body has been altered in various manners. As a drawback he does require more energy though, so that translates into either a lot of time asleep or a lot of calories depending on which is available.

Family: Such is life as an orphan.
Crush?: Zip.
Boyfriend/Girlfriend?: Zilch.
Other?: The reason he tries to maintain a calm demeanor for the most part is due to the fact that his internal nanomachines respond to heightened stress levels by entering combat state. This causes his reactions to be more aggressive, gets the adrenaline pumping, and generally is unwanted outside of actual situations. To deal with this, he has a ring attached to his right ring finger that delivers a internal shock that causes the nanomachines to settle down. It does cause him to feel sluggish for a few moments afterwards, but it's better than being on edge for god knows how long it takes for his body to settle and the machines to revert.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reserving a spot for a Hunter. I'll get my CS up later today.

I''m wondering, though. are we allowed to have two characters, or just one?
As many as you want, apparently. Crow has three characters.

And Zombs, you forgot to mention that your character is a sexually-dominant alpha male. :P

As many as you want, apparently. Crow has three characters.

And Zombs, you forgot to mention that your character is a sexually-dominant alpha male. :P
Too much trauma to lub anymore. Though I suppose establishing dominance doesn't really require affection, so mah, mehbeh.

Out of curiousity. If he takes in a shit ton of calories, does that also mean he'll be shitting a ton?

Out of curiousity. If he takes in a shit ton of calories, does that also mean he'll be shitting a ton?
Depends on what he eats. His body breaks down food more effectively and so what's considered waste is different. Most of his calories will probably be in the form of calories paste, food pills, or artificial crap that that basically gets 100% digested.

I shall put every accepted character into the School Roster and in the Dorms and see what we're working with. I'm sure we'll be able to start soon since we have a lot of characters. And about there being an even amount of Dragon Shifters and Hunters, @ERode , it would be greatly appreciated.

7 Dragon Shifters to 5 Hunters, only counting completed sheets.

• Useful
Wait, the extreme PDA in the rules, does it mean Public Display of Affection or does it refer to the other kind of PDA?

Because Nozomi brought a portable laptop and smartphone with her.

Pretty sure it means that you aren't allowed to publicly have sex.

So Nozomi can feel free to crawl into the corner of a classroom and game away~!

Well, that sounds good. Time to roll in the big guns- I mean, gigabytes. Terabytes. Something.

I counted gender ratio. 5 males 6 females. I might be missing someone, but gender ratio too is near equal.

• Useful
@Ayla Can Delia and Akina be friends? I feel like Delia will have a soft spot for the tiny girl. Maybe @Crow Elizabeth can be a friend too, like Delia can make shade for her when Elizabeth is out in the sun without her umbrella or something

Wait, so, for confirmation, they can use their magical abilities without going dragon form?

Wow, it'd be so much easier for Ri-Yu to think of them all as unnatural freaks of nature then~!

@Ayla Can Delia and Akina be friends? I feel like Delia will have a soft spot for the tiny girl. Maybe @Crow Elizabeth can be a friend too, like Delia can make shade for her when Elizabeth is out in the sun without her umbrella or something

Elizabeth will maintain the umbrella out of habit, but that definitely works.

Lots of plans for character interaction, I see. Sounds like Nozomi will be racking up the scraps quite a bit, especially once she's gotten to befriend some Dragon Shifters.

Her family is a line of Hunters, but she is actually rather neutral about the conflict and rivalry issue since most of her experience comes from target practice instead of actually seeing and fighting dragon, and also because she cares more about tinkering that dragonbusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yuuki_Tatsunohi

Omg yeah absolutely! But when I say tiny, she is very tiny. Her dragon form is about the size of a very large horse, a clydesdale persay.
but yeah I would love for them to be friends!

Omg yeah absolutely! But when I say tiny, she is very tiny. Her dragon form is about the size of a very large horse, a clydesdale persay.
but yeah I would love for them to be friends!
That's fine really, she'll probably just adore akina because of that. to tell you the truth Akina's dragon form is similar to her little brother's which is why she became friends with her in the first place lol

great now delia has friends, who wants to be evan's?