Of Royalty and Recklessness

Annabell smiled and waved.
Her hand started to ache, but she ignored the pain.
In teh back of her mind she felt a bit of sadness for not seeing Zack by now.
As the parade ended she felt a bit depressed.
Her father looked over to her, noticing her sullen face, "My dear, What's wrong?"
She smiled sweetly back at her father, "Nothing father. Just girl troubles."
Her father sighed, "I wish your mother was still around."
"I love you dad, and i loved mom too. I just, am having those days, you know?" She grimaced, wishing it wasn't more than one of those "days."
Her father's face turned pink, "Oh yes! Those lady days. Right. Well, i must go now."
He kissed her forehead and scuffled off.
She sighed and went back up to her room.
After a few hours of sewing, writing, and staring up at her ceiling, Annabell fell asleep.

((Won't be able to reply tommo or saturday. Choir Field trip))

Zack had left the tree behind and headed back to his man cave. Or at least he called it that. He lit the small place he lived and proceeded to eat a couple apples. He was running low on food again. And he always needed more than he got, because using his magic cost him boatloads of energy. Usually fruit was enough to keep him going, that and bread. But this time, it wasn't working as well. Maybe it was the appearance of the demon that drained him more than he thought. He then thought of a way that might get him back some energy, but it was a fools errand. Only black sorcerers did that and he was no black sorcerer. Sure he was a deliquent, but not of free choice. He did it only to survive, nothing more or less. He would not resort to sucking life energy from humans to fuel his magic. He had to talk to Annabell again. But soon, sleep overtook the deliquent sorcerer and he fell sound asleep.

*MOrning*

Waking up, he changed his clothes, stealing a wash from his neighbor's wash bucket again and hanging up his other pair of clothes to dry. He used water to style his hair to an acceptable style and then, after grabbing a couple apples and an piece of that loaf of bread, he headed to the beach once more. Landing, he sat in the sand and let the waves wash over his feet as he ate his breakfast. He wondered if he would see her today.

Annabell jumped out of fright.
She had had a dream about falling in a well and drowning.
She looked around the room and sighed in relief, she was home.
"The beach!" Annabell quickly exclaimed out loud.
She quickly slipped into another Villager dress.
She neeeded to talk to Zack, and ask if he had come to the parade.
Running down the secret passage and down the pebble road she made her way to the beach.
She saw his muscular build and adorable hair all the way from the road.
"Zack!" Annabell called in delight, she ran up the sand.
Suddenly a seashell appeared under her foot and she tripped, feeling a sharp pain on her heel.

Zack looked behind him and saw Annabell. Quickly getting up, he caught her. He layed her down, seeing blood drip onto the sand below. It was coming from her heal. He headed down to her heel, holding up his hands. He knew healing magic. Not much, but enough to help with cuts and bruises. After a few moments of using the healing spell on her heel, he took a part of his sleeve and ripped it off, wrapping her foot. It had clotted the cut up, but it would take a few days to heal completely. Plus, with the little magic he had, he could only do this much. He sat next to her and looked at her, smiling softly.

"Are you ok?"

He took another bite of his bread, just staring at Annabell for a second. He then realized what he was doing and turned away. He wasn't here to gawk at the beautiful princess. He had to tell her. He had to tell her they couldn't see each other anymore...After all, she was a noble and he wasn't. He didn't want to get her in trouble. But, somehow, the words wouldn't come. He felt that if he had said them, that he might break her. He didn't know how fragile she was or even if she liked him the way he liked her, but he felt that if he did anything or said anything wrong, that it might break her in two. He just decided to wait for her reply.

Annabell was sitting next to Zack.
After her fall she had been greatly embarrassed, but he had helped her anyway.
He had seemed to make the pain of her cut cease for now, and had even bandaged it.
She sat looking at the ocean.
Being near Zack just made her feel calmer and more serene somehow.
"Your somewhat magical," She giggled.
He seemed t have a magical effect on her; she didn't know what it was.
"So, I didn't see you at the parade," She started on the question she had been dying to ask.
"Did you go?"

Zack finished up his bread and rubbed the apple he had in hand with his sleeve, taking a bite and swallowing. He looked at her and chuckled.

"Somewhat magical? Nah, I'm all magic and no surprises...What you see is what you get with me"

He took another bite of the apple.

"I was there...I just used magic so I wouldn't draw unnecessary attention to myself, seeing as how I am a wanted fugitive... Anyway, Annabell...I noticed that you were a noble and that is a bit concerning as you are willing to come and see me down here...I don't want to get you into trouble with your father. I am not here to drive you and your father seperate ways. I don't know at this point how much of a good idea it would be to keep seeing each other...I mostly say this because I don't want to hurt your personal life with my butting into it..."

He had spoken his mind. It was hard, but he did it. She was beautiful, yes, but he didn't want to ruin her home life because of his selfish desires. He hoped he had not hurt her feelings.

"Don't get me wrong. Your a beautiful woman Annabell...I just don't want to jeapordize anything with your home life in order to continue to hope seeing you here every morning..." his face flushed a bit at saying that, but now he was serious. He needed a serious answer now.

At first, Annabell was surprized.
Then the surprize turned to sadness, then anger.
Finnally she felt offended.
"Well, I shall have you know, Mister," She jabbed his arm, "That i am here on my own behalf. I have snuck out almost everyday from the castle since I was twelve, and not once was i ever caught. Yes, I am a princess. . .but it shouldn't matter what your are! I could careless what my father thought."
She felt tears abridging in her eyes, threatening to spill.
"I've had fun, even in these small hours we have had," Annabell explained. "It was more fun, than any of my village trips!"
She wiped the tears furiously from her face, then turned and stared right into Zack's eyes.
"Tell me."
Annabell wante to know.
"Tell me, that you didn't have as much fun as i had. Tell me that you truly care more about what my father thinks, than my personal feelings. Tell me that, and I'll leave peacefully without another word."
Annabell wanted to make sure he knew what he was doing.
SHe wanted to make sure he wasn't going to push her away so simply.
She wanted to make it hurt him, because it would definatly hurt her.

Zack was taken aback at what Annabell told him. Tears on the virge of spilling from her eyes, she spilled everything to him. His face was red yet, it didn't matter to him anymore. He moved right next to her and took her shoulders, looking her in the eyes. It was hard for him not to give into his hormones, but he perservered.

"With you I've had more fun than i've had my whole life and if you don't care about what your father thinks, then I don't either...." wiping her tears, he leaned in closer to her until his breath was tickling her lips, teasing her.

"I could get you and I into real trouble doing this, but I won't let you get into trouble...Because...Annabell...It may have only been a couple days since I've met you, but my heart doesn't lie. Ever since I set my eyes on you, I've been in Love with you..."

Leaning forward boldly, he placed a gentle yet passionate kiss upon the princess' lips. A fire ignited and his heart started to race. She was the one. She was the one he was supposed to be with. What other explination could explain his happiness right now? Zack hoped Annabell felt the same.

Annabell froze.
Her body was in shock.
She felt Zack's lips upon hers.
He was moving them so gently, yet she could feel the passion in them.
Her heart started to race, her face began to burn.
Without knowing, her lips started to move with the rythm of his.
Annabell's entire body tingled, as if to have been ignited by fire.
She remebered what he had said, not a moment before.
I've been in Love with you..
She closed her eyes, no more tears were shed.
Annabell pulled away just slightly, where she could still feel the tips of his lips on hers.
"I love you too," She whispered, smiling.

Zack tickled her lips by whispering to her.

"I'm glad..." he kissed her gently again and gently pulled away, moving a strand of her beautiful hair and tucking it behind her ear. Placing his hand on her cheek, he caressed her cheekbone with his thumb.

"Wow, this I've never experienced before..." He gently moved his hand to help himself up. He bent over and picked up Annabell bridal style. He looked down at her and and smiled gently.
"This is the first time I've been in a relationship. Forgive me if I move a bit fast. Let me know if I do..." Gusts of wind picked him up and he flew off towards the castle in the distance.

"Is this the way to your castle? Do you want to go back or do you want to spend more time with me?"

Annabell gasped as she was lifted off to the castle.
She saw the ground being pulled away from her.
"Are we flying?" She asked, clinging to Zack.
If she fell, she would die.
"You can fly?" She asked. This was alot. He was magical, was all her brain could process. He could fly.
"Let's both go to the castle, I could hide you in my room," She giggled. "Like a pet," She added, with another giggle.

Zack stopped in mid air and chuckled a bit.

"A pet? You make me laugh... and yes...We are flying. This is about all I can do with how much magic I have now, but If I don't have food, then I can't use magic...It gives me magic power like it makes you or someone else full. It does make me feel full, but both with power for my magic and to fill my stomach...."

Zack flew off towards the castle. He made sure to keep a good hold onto Annabell while they flew to the castle. Landing, he looked up at her castle. He was in awe. He had never seen a big house this close before. He scratched the back of his head.

"Forgive me...I've never seen a castle this close before"

Annabell laughed at his awe of her castle.
She motioned for him to follow her around the back.
"First, I'll hide you in my room. Then, I'll get some food," She said.
Annabell ducked under a bush into the secret cove to the secret passage.
She stuck her hand out of the bush motioning for Zack to follow.
Annabell quietly snuck up the passageway slowly, making sure not to lose Zack.
Once she had made it to her room, she looked around then motion Zack that it was safe.
"Come on in, but whisper," Annabell informed sitting on her Large bed.

Zack came in quietly, nodding at her telling him to whisper. He took a seat with her on the bed, looking at the room around him. It was big, bigger than his place he called home. This was just one room? He wanted to see the whole castle, but knew that if Annabell began showing strangers around the castle, that she might get into trouble.

He took off the short sleeve shirt he owned, trying to cool down just a bit. He then realized he was still in Annabell's presence. He smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry, I'm sweating badly here since it is so warm out today. Forgive my half nudity..." he blushed looking around the room again. He then fell back onto the bed.

"This bed feels ten times better than my single blanket on a cement floor...Your so lucky Annabell...to have a meal to eat everyday, to have a nice place to sleep everyday...Don't you ever take that for granted. Those are blessings...Sorry about my ramblings, i'll be quiet now...Thanks again Annabell..." He sat up, getting off the bed and kneeling in front of her, kissing her hand.

Annabell blushed once again, when her hand was kissed.
He had a hard life, she knew that.
She needed to make sure he was comfortable and happy.
If he was unhappy, she felt like she would be too.
"Let me go get you something to eat."
Mustering up as much courage as she could, she pecked Zack's cheek and ran out of her true door.
She ran down the corridors into the kitchen where she saw her chef, Mollie, cooking dinner.

"Ok, thank you so much..."

Zack waited in her room in the most inconspicuous place he could find, the closet. He didn't want Annabell to get into trouble. His face grew light red as he remembered the peck on the cheek that she had given him. She was really special. That he knew. He couldn't abandon her now. He sat in the closet for a little and then, hearing her returning again, came out, sitting on the bed. He grabbed his shirt and wrapped it around his neck. He hoped it was her anyway, otherwise he'd be in trouble.

Annabell thanked Mollie for the batch of oatmeal cookies.
If Mollie didn't love her so much, Annabell wouldv'e had to go through the trouble of sneaking food.
"You best not get any crumbs up there, little piglet!" Mollie called out, as Annabell quickly went up to her room.
She laughed at her cook and then headed up the stairs.
Making it back to her room, she quietly opened the door, and peeked in.
She saw Zack still sitting on her bed.
She jumped in and shut the door.
"Oatmeal cookie?" Annabell asked handed the tray to Zack, nibbling on one herself.
Mollie's oatmeal cookies were always fresh, and warm. The best the town had to offer.

He watched her walk in. He was entranced at her elegance. It made him want to take her. But he couldn't do that to her. He couldn't do it to a princess. That was unbecoming of him to even think that way. He shook the thought out of his head as he reached over and grabbed a cookie. Taking a bite, it was warm and sweet. It melted in his mouth. It was enough that if he ate at least 5 of these, he would have magic power for the next 3 days without eating anything else.

"You don't mind if I eat like 5 of these, do you? I don't want to seem like a pig, but this cookie has enough sugar in one cookie to give me magic for 12 hours..." He grabbed another, eating it quickly.

"These are so good, who baked them? Whoever they are, give them my regards..."

He smiled standing up and walking over to her side, pulling her close by putting his hands on her waist. He kissed her head, reaching down and grabbing another cookie. He chuckled a bit.

"Sorry for being odd right now, but...I hope you come to like my oddities...as I will be visiting often...if not to eat something, to come and see your beautiful face..."

Annabell blushed as Zack kissed her head.
She wasn't used to such attention, such affection.
"Mollie, my cook, made them," She answered sitting the tray on a small table.
"Have as many as you like."
Annabell wrapped her arms around Zack and held on to him.
He was warm.
She like the way he felt when they hugged, it made her happy.
She laughed quietly for no particular reason.
Maybe it was just the fact that she felt so much joy.
She didn't know.