Of Royalty and Recklessness

Zack came back only to see Annabell awake. For some reason, also, she looked angry with him. Just what he had feared. The necklace had already finished its duty. He growled at himself for falling asleep. If only he had gone with her, then none of this would have happened. The anger grew so much that the demon reared its head again. He struggled to keep his composure as so the demon's power had no power over him. He quickly pushed the demon back by calming down. He had to think rationally. The princess now had darkness surging through her veins. It was all his fault. He had to stop this from overtaking her. He challenged the demon.

"Demon, can you take power from others?"

The demon laughed in its low raspy voice.

"Of course I can..."
"Take that darkness out of her..."
"But if I do that, there is no guarantee that I will hand your body back over to you...In fact, I may destroy it..."
"Do as you will...just take that darkness out of her..."

The demon laughed.

"Whatever...Fine...I will do what you wish, but remember, I do not promise to give your body back to you once I have done it..." He took control of his body. Zack could only watch helplessly as the demon did what he wanted with his body. He could do nothing to sway the demon's decision. His only hope rested in her...In Annabell...The demon grabbed her and began taking the unwilling darkness out of her. He blushed as he saw what the demon was doing to gain it, but he had no hope of regaining his former body. He could feel the ominous presence leave her body slowly, unwillingly. Consuming it all, the demon kept to his word and didn't plan on giving him back his body. He knew this would happen. All that mattered now, though, was that Annabell was safe. Now it was up to her to save him, if indeed, he could be saved.

Annabell saw Zack talking to himself.
She noticed that it must be his Demon.
She couldn't hear what they were saying.
Your friend is going to die.
Annabell gasped at the voice.
Just to take this darkness from you. He will die.
Annabell couldn't let Zack die, not for her atleast.
Stop his demon...he is taking me from you...
Annabell watched as Zack's demon grabbed her own body and began to pull the darkness away.
She could feel Zack's presence slowly fading.
She couldn't let him do this.
She rather allow the darkness inside her.
How could she stop it though? How could she kill the demon and save Zack?
Embrace the darkness, and let it show you the way.
Before the demon could completely take away the darkness, Annabell kicked it back.
SHe opened her mind and relaxed her body.
She felt the darkness clinging to her muscles and veins; she felt it fill her up completely.
When she opened her eyes, everything was clear and sharp.
She saw that the demon was standing up glaring at her.
Hold your hand out to the demon, and chant....
"Akuma, itte iru. Kono tamashī o hozon shimasu. Soreha no ishi ka, yami o mimashou. To seigyo ni yotte watashi o toru," Annabell chanted three times.
((Demon, be gone. save this soul. Let the darkness, do it's will. And take me by control.))
From Annabell's hands shot a large dark violet beam.
It hit the chest of Zack and a large being popped on to floor beside Zack's limp body.
She then saw the demon burst into a black powder and slip ono the floor.
Good job. You are one of a kind.
A large grin spread over Annabell's face.
Annabell was such a sweet name, but you're no longer that pathetic little girl you used to be. Your new name, is Mage.
Annabell liked her new name.
Mage had a ring to it, that made her sound powerful.
Her smile dropped as she looked back to Zack, he didn't seem to be moving.
Would he be okay?
THe boy is fine, he just needs to regain his body.
Mage was unsure, but allowed herself to think he was going to be okay.
She was glad. She had saved the one she loved.
Zack was going to be perfectly fine now.
A tear slipped down her face, she was so glad he was safe.
Do not cry girl! It is weakness. YOu are no longer the person you were before. you are new. everything about you is different. We must leave.
Knowing she must, Mage backed up from Zack.
She took one last look at him, before dissapearing into a cloud of Dark Purple smoke.
"I'm Sorry."
th

This is basically what Annabell looks like as Mage. Only she has more girlish features (lips, eyes, body)

Zack felt no presence to the demon anymore. He was gone. She had done it. Looking around as he regained his sight, he didn't see her anywhere. Oh no...the demon hadn't done its job. It had only been overpowered by a stronger one and that stronger one that was in the necklace had already grabbed ahold of her heart. He had to take it out of her. If that demon stayed inside her body for too long, it would destroy her. She had saved him from total destruction, now it was his turn to save her. On his honor as her butler, he would save her, even if it cost him his life.

He flew out the nearest window and used what was left of his magic to track down the darkness' aura. He had felt it before and he would be able to feel it again if it were nearby. He quietly searched the area, looking for a trace of that dark power that had resided in her. He couldn't believe that she was gone, not his annabell. She was so kind and so gentle, but now, that look he barely made out before she left, was one of darkness. One of evil. He wanted Annabell back again...Finding the trace source, he could sense it was far away, but not far away enough to completely disappear before him. He quickly made his way to where it was, trying his best to conceal his magical power.

Mage, formerly Annabell, was now sitting on a rock in a dark cave.
She had created a purple fire, that now lit up the room.
For some reason, her new found powers of darkness, became purple.
It was a very nice color, so Mage didn't mind.
We must now train you. Your body and mind have given into the darkness, now i can train you.
Mage silently agreed, standing up from her rock-made chair.
Before her eyes, another cloud of Purple smoke appeared.
A man, handsome and striking, stood before her smirking.
"Like what you see?" Mage gasped. It was the voice in her head.
"Yes, I can now project myself to you," The man bowed his head slightly. "I am Alaster, your Master from now on."
"Master?" Mage asked. Then she snorted, "I'm a princess, you should be my Master."
Alaster laughed and suddenly disapeared.
Mage backed up, only to hit his hard body.
"I am the darkness within you, without me, you wouldn't have saved your precious Zack."
Mage gulped.
"You will listen to everything I say, I will train you, and you will become powerful. The old you, pathetic Annabell, is gone."
For some reason, Mage felt okay with this.
She nodded, "Train me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For the next few hours, Mage and Alaster trained hard.
Mage felt energy and power coursing through her veins.
She felt great, better than ever before.
"This is awesome!" She fist pumped into the air, something she wouldn't have ever done before.
"It is my dear," Alaster patted her head.
In this short time, Mage had grown more attached to Alaster.
He seemed like he would protect her if necessary.
She felt safe, which was something she wasn't supposed to feel near darkness itself.
He had commanded her to refer to him as Master, now that she could control most of her abilities.
Concentrating on the wall, She shot another purple beam, carving a small star into the stone wall.
"You learn quickly, I picked a well princess," Alaster complimented.
"Master Alaster? How did the old lady get the necklace?" Mage walked over and sat at Alaster's feet, looking up at him.
"I'm not entirely sure, but as soon as I saw you walk over to it, I made sure the lady would get it to you," Alaster began playing with her lavender hair.
"That's nice," Mage smiled and leaned back onto Alaster legs, letting him play fully with her hair.

((ALASTER))
th

Zack had found the power and was getting closer and closer. He didn't like the thought of it, but he knew it was inevitable. The demon inside of her had turned her against him. He knew this without a shadow of a doubt. It hurt him to know that he let his princess be taken away from him and from something he loathed no less. He hit himself mentally. He should have killed himself, but even then, it wouldn't have atoned for what he had let happen to her. He had to destroy this demon taking her over. Whatever it took, he had to get her back. Before he arrived, however, a bright light appeared in front of him.

Strong wings moved gracefully in front of his path as he stopped in his tracks. It was an angel. What was one of those doing down here? And in front of him no less? He was no more worthy to recieve one than a priest. He bowed slightly.

"I'm Zack...If I may be so bold, what brings you here?"

The strong angel looked Zack in the face. She had a worried expression in her face. She moved over to Zack and layed a hand on his chest where his heart would be. His face flushed.

"There is a girl that you long to help. One that has been stolen by a dark being..."
"Excuse me, but how did you know that?"
"I'm a servant of the Almighty One. I see everything he wishes me to see and he wishes to send me to help you. He cannot stay still when a demon is at large. Now if you be still, I shall show you what the demon your looking for looks like, the means to track him wherever he runs off to and I shall tell you his name. His name is Alastar. He is the most wanted demon of all because he is the most dangerous. If we don't save your princess, I'm afraid he will kill her when he gets what he wants..."
"What can I do to stop him?"

The angel nodded and gestured for him to follow her.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In a couple hours, Zack had mastered most of the light spells the angel had taught him. He listened well and practiced hard. If he didn't, there would be no way to get his beloved Annabell back. The angel held out her hand as he finished his last spell for the day. Zack looked puzzled.

"Zack, allow me passage into your body and when we encounter your beloved, I can drive Alaster out for you...But I can do nothing else because that will take all my power to do that. Once he is out, my passage through her body will purify it and will protect your princess. The rest is up to you. You must combat him and destroy him, prevent him from destroying anything else..."

Zack nodded, allowing the angel to pass into his body. Gaining the ability to grow wings, the angel pointed out the path to Alaster. It would take a couple days to reach them from where they were at, but Alaster would never know they were coming thanks to the strengthened cloak of protection, making his aura unsenseable to even the devil himself. He would save Annabell, no matter what it took.

Mage fell asleep as Alaster was playing with her hair.
Suddenly, she was shaken violently awake.
Alaster stood infront of her, anger and urgency on his face.
"Master Alaster?" She asked, worried.
He helped her up, and pulled her in closer to him.
"Something's coming. And it's light," Alaster spat out 'light' as if it tasted bad on his toungue.
"Light? As in the sun?" Mage looked to the entrance of the cave.
"No, not that sort of light, dear. This light is coming to kill you," He answered.
Mage's eyes grew wide.
She couldn't die, not yet.
her whole life was ahead of her!
"We must relocate, fast," Alaster leaned down to stare straight into her eyes.
"Master Alaster? Where?" Mage felt uncomfortable, the way Alaster was looking at her.
"Think of someplace cold, very dark and cold," He commanded.
Mage nodded.
She closed her eyes, and wrapped her arms around Alaster.
she pictured another cave, but this one had a blizzard outside of it.
Suddenly, her body grew frigid, and she began to shiver.
"You did it, dear," Alaster looked at Mage with pride in his eyes. "Good job, my dear."
Mage looked to see that they had changed locations.
It was pure white outside.
Alaster started a fire, and they sat together.
Mage soon fell asleep again.

The angel stirred within Zack. He stopped him, searching the landscape for something.

"Excuse me, but what might you be doing?"

"I'm looking for Alaster again. It seems he fled which means my field is no longer as strong as I thought. If he could feel my presence, then my magic must be honed once again before I am to ever wish of sending him fleeing from your beloved's body...Let me take you to a place I like to train once in a while here on earth. Ironically, it is close to where Alaster fled, but not too close so he won't sense us...."

A bright light enveloped the angelic Zack and he was transported to a blistery cold landscape.

"I'm going to leave your body for the time being so I can practice my magic skills...You may practice with me if you wish..."

Zack nodded. The two practiced on throughout the day and well into the night. He could feel himself getting stronger. That was good. The stronger he was, the more likely he was to take down this demon that had ensnared Annabell.

"We shall depart in the morning. I feel that practicing a bit more will help my magic get back up to full strength, So I will practice throughout the night. You however, need to rest. Exhaustion will not help you in this fight..." Zack nodded, finding a nearby cave and laying down. Luckily he always carried his blanket with him around his waist. It wasn't just any children's blanket he carried around for security. He had enchanted it to be warm for him, always. He used it also for a towel and many other things. Throwing that over him and laying his head on a rock, he fell asleep.

Mage stirred awake after some time of sleep.
She felt her stomach grumble and looked around for Alaster.
She found Alaster standing by the entryway of their new hideout.
"Everything okay?" She asked.
"Yes, dear. Nothing seems to be heading this way," He assured her.
"About that, you know how you said a 'light' was coming to destroy me?" Mage figeted with her fingers. "Well, what is it?"
Alaster Sighed and turned to face her.
"This light has been around for ages. It haunts me, and won't leave. Normally you would think light is good, but this light burns everything. Anyone I get close to, it kills. I once had a love," He stopped, and appeared to wipe a tear from one eye ((Fyi: He's lying, this was just another girl he took over))
"Her name was Leonora, and I was inlove with her so. I did everything I could for her. Her hair, her eyes, they all entranced me. Then the light came. WE ran, but it found us. In the end, her body couldn't stand the pressure and power of what was happening, and she passed. That is why we must protect you from the Lgiht my dear."
Mage felt sorry for Alaster.
He had lost his love.
She ran to hug him, and he allowed it.
"Trust me, and not the light. It will kill you like it did her," Alaster patted her head while looking out at the snow.

He was awoken to the angel entering his body.

"I'm sorry my friend, but we must go now. This time he will not be able to spot us. I know where he is now...he will not escape me this time around...Promise me you'll do whatever you can to undo what he has done to annabell. He may have brainwashed her...be prepared for that possibility..." The angel walked outside, the blanket packed back up and, spreading its wings, started off towards the demon's hideout. Hopefully they would get to her this time. Hopefully so this wouldn't have to go on much longer. He was craving her with every inch of his body. He wanted Annabell back, his Annabell...not Mage...Annabell.

The Angel stopped in front of a den and sure enough there sat Annabell. But her apperance and her personality had all changed. She wasn't the light and cheerful girl he knew before. Alaster had brainwashed her. He just knew it.

"I will break the barrier and destroy Alaster's link to the girl. At that point, if he hasn't gotten to far into her brain, her previous memories should return. If not, you will have to teach her everything again...But it doesn't stop there. I cannot kill this demon because the power required to break his bond to her will take all my power. You must destroy him with the light spells I have taught you..." Zack nodded.

The angel charged in, forcing himself through Alaster and cutting the link between him and Mage. Zack rushed in, hitting the back of her neck while she was caught by surprise. Knocking the girl out, he layed her down and thanked the angel who he could see was done with his job and headed back up to the bright sky. Zack was furious. Alaster had messed with the woman he loved. But thanks to the angel, he would no longer have the power to re posess her. He, powering up to move in closer as fast as he could, hit Alaster against the wall with a light spell. Zack could see that the spell was doing damage as smoke appeared from the demon's chest, but he knew that was only a test. A test to see if the powers the angel had given him would work. It looks like they did. He took up a defensive stance, light glowing around his fists.

"Alaster...you will pay for destroying what is dear to me...I will destroy every particle of you so nothing is left...Not even dust...You do not mess with Annabell's butler or you get the snake's fangs...Prepare to die!" He would have to be on alert. Alaster was a powerful demon and wasn't going to go down easily.

Mage and Alaster were just standing there, holding each other, when Alaster was suddenly slammed into a wall.
He had smoke coming from his chest, and Mage knew something had tried to kill him.
She whipped her head around to face a boy.
He seemed to be the one who had shot Alaster.
Next thing she knew, she was knocked out.
Alaster Hissed at the boy from the wall.
He glared at the boy and said, "You are the light source, aren't you?

~~~~~~~~~

Hey! So sorry about the last post, I guess I messed up xD Again, I'm sorry. Hopefully this fixes it? If not, I'll try again.