Of Royalty and Recklessness

Zack was a bit surprised when she held onto him so quickly. He didn't think she would warm up to him that fast. She was now clinging onto him and he was trying to keep his hormones in check so he wouldn't snatch up her first time. She was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on. He had gone from hating her one day to being in love with her the next. He was surprised at how fast he had fallen for this princess. But to be together would be a long shot. Especially her being a princess. Royalty liked to keep Royalty in the line.

"Well then, Give Mollie my regards..." He took his other 4 cookies up into his hand so he could save them for later. He then walked over to her window and unlocked it, opening the latch. A cool breeze blew threw the room.

"Oh how I'd love to stay my lady Annabell, but I'm afraid I'll have to take my leave for today...Maybe...I don't know, this might be much to ask, but do you think you could inquire as to how I might join the ranks inside this castle? I'd be anything, the king's joker, a knight, a royal magician who defends the King...Maybe inquire about it if you could...if you wanted...It's just, I so much enjoy seeing you..."

He chanted an air magic spell, slowly coming off the floor about 4 inches. He reached out, kissing a strand of her hair.

"I hope to see you again my princess..." At that, he took off towards his base.

Annabell watched as Zack flew to the window.
She didn't want him to go but knew he must.
She waved out the window towards him, "Goodbye!"
Then she remembered what she had been asked.
"And I promise I'll talk to my Father!"
She backed away from the window taking one last glance at Zack before draping down the curtains.
She would talk to her father...
She just had to figure out how first.

Zack flew back to base with his 4 oatmeal cookies in hand. With one of these a day and plus an apple he still had left for 3 days, he would be good on magic power for quite a while. He headed back to the beach and landed right next to the waves hitting the shore. He took off his shoes and set them farther up the beach. He then waded through the shin high water and all the while thought about Annabell. She did things to him that he couldn't explain other than love. Heart racing, Hormones kicking in...He had to be careful around her, otherwise, he might end up doing something he would regret. Looking out into the rosy colored sunset, he figured it was almost time he went back home.

Flying up a little, he flew to his socks and shoes, putting them on and heading back home. Once home, he found his blanket and another pile of clothes he needed to wash and layed his head down. He needed to take a bath tomorrow, but the ocean probably wasn't the best place to do that. He knew of a pond that no one visited cause they thought the land that it sat on was haunted. That would be to his benefit. He would use that to bathe. Luckily he had some soap he had been saving for the past few days. He closed his eyes and was soon off to dream land again. This time, accompanied by the thought that never left his mind, Annabell.

Annabell made sure to butter her father up.
She ordered Mollie to make him a feast.
At the dinner table that night, she decieded to ask.
"This is very good, Mollie!" The king complimented.
"It is," Annabell followed.
She politely got up from her seat and waled to her father's chair.
HEr father looked up at her, "Is everything alright?"
"I'm sorry to ask, but father, can i have a butler?" Annabell asked quite quickly.
She had talked to Mollie earlier about any open spots, but Mollie said the last spot was filled last month by a peasent girl who became a maid.
Mollie had joked about Annabell getting her personal butler, and Annabell took it to heart.
Her father almost choked on the meat, "A butler?!"
"Yes Father."
"Why would you need a butler? We hve plenty of maids," Her father motioned to a few walking by with the laundry.
"WE have maids, but i don't have a personal butler. Oh please Daddy, please," She begged.
Her father looked away for a moment, probably trying to contemplate whether he should or shouldn't.
Once he looked back, Annabell put on her best puppy eyes.
"Alright, I permit it. But i must meet this young butler before he becomes yours," THe king finalized.
"Oh thank you!" Annabell joyed.
After dinner, Annabell climbed back up to her room.
She stared at the ocean, excited for tommorow morning.
She couldn't wait to tell Zack.

Zack woke to the sound of birds chirping in the distant trees that aligned the village. The sun was shining its rays upon the cold ground upon which he slept. Arousing his facilities, he quickly grabbed a wash of his old clothes and headed to the pond with his clean ones, being sure to hide his naked body from any peering eyes. Once entering into the pond, he cleaned his body quickly as to not draw any attention to himself. After he finished, he quickly dressed himself and headed off to his normal spot, the beach. That is, after quickly snatching a bread roll from a nearby vendor without being seen.

The waves drew farther up the beach. The tides were turning. He couldn't tell when or how, but they were. Figuratively and literally.

Taking a seat upon the beach, he quickly started to eat his roll. He was thinking of Annabell, as all of his thoughts seemed to be on her lately. He wondered if she were able to aquire a position for her in the palace. No matter what position, Zack swore he would protect her and serve her for as long as she would allow him. A free spirit, him, bowing to the will of a princess? After he swore he wouldn't ever do it? He was going back on his word, but she was worth it every step of the way. He continued to eat his bread, wondering if Annabell would show up this morning.

Annabell woke up startled at the call of a bird.
She didn't remember falling asleep.
She looked out her window, sleepily, hoping the sun would wake her completely.
She saw a figure sitting on the beach.
What is that? Annabell thought.
Then she remembered. Zack!
She had the good news!
Quickly Annabell slipped into a dress, and tip-toed down the passageway.
She ran carefully to the beach where Zack sat, cautious where she stepped.
Sneakily she slowed down and got closer to Zack.
Once she was by his ear she yelled, "Boo!"

Zack jumped at the loud "Boo!" that got yelled into his ear. He turned around quickly, startled, but only to see the beautiful face of his beloved Annabell. He smiled sheepishly.

"That really scared me you know!" he started to chuckle. Getting up, he drew her close to him, kissing her lips gently...

"If you do it again, I may have to punish you..." he joked lightly. A gentle smile appeared on his face as he stepped away and ruffled her hair a little bit.

"So, my little princess...did you find some honest to goodness work for me to do at your place?"

He would take any job she offered. He just wanted to be by her side. Just being around her made his days even more worth living. He awaited her answer with anticipation and excitement. But he also readied himself just in case she hadn't found anything. He knew that the world didn't always work the way you wanted it to.

Annabell grinned as he ruffled her hair.
"Well, I did find a job, but you'll have to meet my father for him to approve," Annabell stammered, hoping he wouldnt drop out.
She wanted him by her side and being a butler would work perfectly.
"You'll have to use and alias, and be by my side alot," She kept going.
An alias meant that he couldn't be found as a theif.
Annabell couldn't think of what her father would do if he knew that Zack was a Theif.
"There is a job opening as my Personal Butler," Annabell finished, looking at her shoes while playing with her fingers.

Zack was happy. He would be able to be by Annabell's side. He had always wanted that. He bowed.

"I would gladly accept being your butler, my princess..." he knelt on one knee, taking her hand and kissing it. He then lifted her up bridal style and headed off towards her castle.

Landing in front, He took his hand how he'd seen royalty take hers and walked inside the castle with her in tow. In front of them sat the king, leering at Zack.

He kneeled on one knee, bowing his head.

"Sir... It is an honor to meet you. I am Claus...I am a village mage who is quite talented with magic...At your approval, I'd love to become your daughter's personal butler...I will serve her fervently..." He hoped he had spoken nice enough to impress the king. It was all up to the king now to decide if he was fit for the job.

"Also Sir, If I may be so bold as to say...I can also use offensive magic if the need arose to protect your daughter. Do my best to see to her happiness and safety will be my ultimate goal..." Zack wasn't totally used to talking so formally, but he had to in front of the king. If he sounded anything like a deliquent, the king would have him removed from the palace immediately so he could never see Annabell ever again. He didn't want that.

He continued to bow his head and wait for the king's reply.

((Claus reminds me of Claude from Black Butler~I love the name Claus! =^.^=))

Annabell stood by Zack, or perhaps, Claus.
She looked anxiously up at her father awaiting his reply.
Zack seemed like a noble, the way he spoke.
He seemed different, more refined.
She gasped when she heard Zack tell of his magic.
She looked from the King to Zack then back to the King.
"Oh, Father, Please!" She pleaded, hoping that he would agree.
The King stroked his beard thoughtfully, but couldn't say no to his daughter.
"Alright, but one wrong move, and you butler will be horse feed," he said, trying not to smile as his daughter growing grin.
"Thank you Father!" Annabell ran to hug his neck, then back to Zack.

((That is actually where I got it from xD ))

Zack stood and bowed properly, holding out his arm for Annabell.

"I promise, your majesty, that she will be under good care whilst I am her butler." He lead her out of the king's chamber and then let her lead so as to look like he didn't already know where her room was. Leading, they went to her room. He bowed, kissing her hand and winking.

"Wow, I'm so glad I could get a position in the castle and it is all thanks to you. I will serve you to the best of my ability, my princess...Now, what shall be my first job? Shall I get to know the castle a bit more? It might help me serve you better my princess"

((SWEET!!!! :D ))

Annabell was extremely joyful.
Her plan had worked! She now had Zack as her Butler.
"I guess I should show you around," Annabell began walking down one of the long corridors, pointing at certain doors.
"Kitchen, Guest Room, Laundry Room," She started to walk up some stairs.
She pointed to a small cabinet and whispered in Zack's ear.
"This is the entrance to the secret passageway, my room is just upstairs!"
She giggled, climbing up the stairs once more.

Zack smirked.

"You naughty princess..." he chuckled.

He nodded as she told him where everything was. It was a big house indeed. He felt a bit overwhelmed. But nothing was more overwhelming than annabell herself. He had to constantly restrain himself. He stopped her.

"Where will I be staying? My Place? This castle? I'm not sure where I should be staying..."

Annabell gasped, "Oh yes! I forgot about where you might stay!"
She looked around quickly then ran down the hall to a door, 5 doors down from her own room.
She opened it cautiously, she needed to make sure it was empty before she took it.
as she opened it, the door made a loud CLANG and let her view the large room.
images

Zack looked around the brightly lit room. It wasn't too feminine and it was about the size of his whole house back in town. He would be living here from now on? He felt like a prince! He lightly moved his hand across the soft linen of the bed and his eyes searched the walls where interesting photos hung. He looked back at Annabell.

"This room is wonderful. Are you sure I can stay here? I don't know if a room this beautiful deserves someone like me...." he took a seat on the bed and laid back onto its soft sheets. Closing his eyes, he soon fell asleep.

*Dream*
Running, he wasn't accostomed to it. He had usually used his magic to move around, but for some odd reason he couldn't use magic anymore. Looking behind him, he saw a whole army ready to attack him. What had he done that was so terrible? More importantly, where was Annabell? He looked from side to side as he ran, trying to find her. It felt like ages of him looking, but he could find no trace of her.

*Dream ends*

Zack bolted up. He was still in his normal clothes, but on his dresser sat the butler clothes he was to now wear. How long had he been out? He hadn't imagined himself so tired. He quickly got up and hurried into his uniform, quickly fixing his hair and opening the door. He had to find Annabell. The first day on the job and he wasn't even doing his job. How pathetic.

Annabell had left Zack to sleep, knowing he was tired.
She had decided to go back out into the village, for some fun.
She looked through each small trinket, and large vase.
She wanted to find something unusual.
As she got to the end of all of the shops, one dark alleyway caught her eye.
A door was situated in the middle of it, at the very end.
Making sure no one was following her, Annabell walked down the alleyway into the shop.
The shop was colored in dark reds, purples, and lots of black.
Lace was hanging from the ceiling in strands, and candles lit the room.
Orbs, Books, and a multitude of assortments crowded the room.
Yet, what caught Annabell's eye was a small necklace.
She carrassed the pendant and eyed it as if it were a large diamond.
"See somptin' yer like?" An old lady suddenly appeared, causing Annabell to jump.
The old lady eyed Annabell, as Annabell did to her.
"I'm sorry, i was just looking!" Annabell tried to explain.
"Your the princess," the woman said.
Annabell was taken aback. How did this woman know?
"How did you-?"
The woman cut her off, "I can tell, your skin is so fair."
The old woman cackled.
Annabell suddenly felt uncomfortable, "I should go."
"No! Here! before you go!" The old lady grabbed Annabell's arm.
The old lady held out the necklace.
"For free,for the princess, please!" She pleaded.
Annabell loved the necklace, and the old lady really wanted her to have it..
ANnabell smiled an allowed the lady torope it around her neck.
"Sinark," the old lady whispered, but Annabell didn't hear.
Annabell happily walked back to the Castle, her new necklace hidden from view by her dress.

Zack looked through the castle, its whimsical appearance confounding the boy. He was already confused and to have the castle and all it's twists, turns and dead ends almost gave the boy brain overload. He decided to go back to her room to wait for her. Heading back the way he came, he made it to her room without getting lost. Sitting on her bed, he stroked the sheets, her smile in his brain. He wanted to see that. He just wanted to see her to make this feeling of confusion and stress go away. Gripping his hair by it's roots and falling back on her bed, he waited till she came back.

Hearing footsteps, he rose quickly and watched the door as it opened. She was back. He walked over to her side, all of a sudden feeling an ominous feeling around her. He had never felt that around her before. It wasn't just the feeling being ominious, it felt magical in a way. It was a magic item. Whatever it was, it was dangerous.

"Annabell, where have you been and what did you get? Please tell me..."

Zack had suddenly been in her room when she got back.
For some reason it annoyed her, but she didn't know why.
SHe had been annoyed with many things as she had made her way back to the castle.
Zack seemed tense.
He asked what she had bought. How did he know?
Don't let him know. He just wants to take teh necklace and run.
Annabell heard a masculine voice in her head.
But Zack wouldn't do anything like that, would he?
Keep it a secret.
Annabell silently agreed and smiled up at Zack.
"Get anything? I didn't. Just because you my butler doesn't mean you have to be super protective," she playfully swatted his chest.

Zack was surprised at her behavior. Was she thinking he would take her necklace and make a break for it? Of course she was. She didn't fully trust him yet. But that necklace was dangerous...He didn't know why he knew that, but he just did. This feeling of ominous aura was enough to convince him. Rubbing his chest where she had hit him, he conjured up some magic, a sleeping spell to be more precise. He had used it many times to get away with taking some food, but this time, this time it was to protect the one who had protected him.

"Wind Spirits, I call upon your eternal lullaby to bring this suffering being to the land of sleep..." Before he knew it, she was fast asleep. He laid her on the bed and moved her hair. Sure enough, there was a necklace around her neck. Taking it off gently, he looked at it fully. He had been right. There had been a legend of a necklace bringing destruction to 5 royal families and this necklace was now in his hands. It wasn't a legend. It was the Abyssal Pendant. It alone had made 5 royal families kill each other for possesion of it. Some say it had a magic aura that was desirable to humans. He had to get rid of it before he too was swallowed up by it. Not only would it make him go nuts, but it would draw out his demon and let it have free reign over his body to destroy the planet. He quickly wrote a note to her, apologizing for taking the necklace and headed to the ocean, tossing it in. He couldn't have that thing here. The last thing he wanted was to have Annabell killed by her own family. Afterall, it was his duty to keep her safe.

Annabell woke with a jump.
Her breath came in gasped.
She felt odd, then she remembered.
The necklace! Her necklace! Zack wanted it.
She reached for her neck; it was gone.
Running to her mirror she pulled down the chest of her dress, only to see what looked as a branding.
It appeared, that the pendant on the necklace design was burned into the middle of her fair chest.
She intook a deep breath and closed her eyes.
When she opened her eyes, it was still there.
He may have taken the necklace, but not itself from you.
There was the masculine voice again.
What was it? Who was it?
You need not know who I am for the moment. The boy stole the necklace. It is evident on the small note.
Annabell's head turned toward the nightstand and she read the note.
He had apologized for taking her necklace.
He did take it! Annabell thought. But, why?
He wanted it's power...but he won't have it, because the darkness is now inside of you...
The voice eased away, leaving Annabell in her mind alone.
Darkness? What did the voice mean?
Darkness did sound like something she would steer clear from.
Yet, for an odd reason, Annabell felt excited.